Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: About Face! Schwantz now ambassador for COTA  (Read 2334 times)

Offline tyrroneous

• Motorcycles: Daytona 675, SV650 (wifes) and some dirt bikes.
About Face! Schwantz now ambassador for COTA
« on: March 28, 2014, 09:35:05 AM »
So last year, Kevin Schwantz was not even allowed at the track and this year he is the official ambassador for Circuit of the Americas. 

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/926/18186/Motorcycle-Article/Schwantz-to-be-Official-Ambassador-for-CoTA.aspx

Kevin Schwantz and Circuit of the Americas have amicably settled their legal issues and now Schwantz will serve as an official ambassador for CoTA.Circuit of The Americas (COTA) and motorcycle racing legend Kevin Schwantz have amicably settled their legal differences and have reached a new agreement to collaboratively promote motorcycling racing at the Austin circuit and across the United States. Schwantz will serve as an official ambassador for COTA and work to promote the upcoming Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas MotoGP™ event set for April 11-13, 2014.

“Kevin is a great champion and partnering with him gives us an opportunity to learn from his deep knowledge, as well as continue to celebrate his accomplishments,” Circuit Chairman Bobby Epstein said. “Kevin and I have always shared the desire to see him be a part of COTA, and it's awesome to finally see it become a reality. A great American track and a great American champion in the same city can't be kept apart. As a result, casual riders, current racers, future stars and the fans all win.”

"I look forward to being the ambassador for two-wheel racing for COTA, especially as the 2014 MotoGP season begins and returns to Texas,” Schwantz said. “Grand prix motorcycle racing has been my life, and to help COTA market and promote that moving forward is exciting!"

This is good news for sure as it seemed Kevin definitely got the shaft last year.

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
  • Nothing beats good line of sight
  • Motorcycles: 1999 VFR
Re: About Face! Schwantz now ambassador for COTA
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 09:37:32 AM »
Maybe in exchange for him dropping his lawsuit?
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Veefer800canuck

• Nicky Hayden stole my childhood.
  • Motorcycles: 1999 Honda GL800RR-SP2
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 09:38:34 AM »
The details of their out of court settlement are not being made public.

I for one am curious, wish I could find out the inside scoop.
Rob McKinnon

My visited states map:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 09:39:09 AM »
This is good news for sure as it seemed Kevin definitely got the shaft last year.

+ 1

Agreed.
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Offline capirex

• Arthurian
  • Motorcycles: R12S
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 10:08:07 AM »
We may never know what really went down.  KS seems to have put a lot of work into designing the track and getting MotoGP on board so its good to see this end amicably, at least on the surface.

Online squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
  • Motorcycles: 16 Tiger Xr(x)
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 11:54:33 AM »
Yeah, glad they settled and got him back on board. It's good for both sides.

One part of the settlement that crash.net mentioned is that $1 of each ticket goes to the Simoncelli Foundation. KS asked for that. Nice.
A man with no sig