Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Confusing gas at WI KwikTrips  (Read 170 times)

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: Indian Scout (69), F800ST(low), Ninja 650(R)
Confusing gas at WI KwikTrips
« on: June 12, 2019, 11:53:50 AM »
KwikTrip gas stations in WI are selling "Unleaded 88" gas - which is ACTUALLY E15.
It is cheaper than their E10, 87 octane 'regular'.

There's been a news article about it confusing customers: https://www.tmj4.com/news/i-team/new-e15-gas-fueling-confusion-at-the-pump
Federal law makes it illegal to use E15 gas in motorcycles, and; buses and delivery trucks, off road vehicles, boats and snowmobiles, as well as yard tools like chainsaws, snowblowers and lawnmowers.

FYI car mpg decreases about 1.67 percent with E15 gas vs E10.

The worse part about it for me is they are selling the E15 instead of 89 octane mid-grade gas. That is what I run in both my Scout and BMW F800.

I like KwikTrips. They have plenty of pumps that are well spaced out. They are clean and have have a good variety of food (including hot) and products. They have the cheapest bananas I've ever seen ($0.29!).
But I can't go there for gas anymore... just for snacks, food, drinks and clean bathrooms.
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online SLK50

• Your life is what you make it.
  • Motorcycles: FJR1300, C-10
Re: Confusing gas at WI KwikTrips
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 01:53:05 PM »
Higher octane, lower price. Win - win. Right?

I’m seeing the same thing here at the Sheetz stations.
( About 600 locations. )
It's never too early to plan.
It's never too late to go.

Offline Baxter

• Newly retired--time to wear out some tires!
  • Motorcycles: Almost classic First Generation Ninja 650R
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 02:56:31 PM »
I've noticed this conundrum in Wisconsin.  Ethanol contamination also seems to be an issue in Minnesota, where at one station there was a sticker on the only pump with pure gas stating something to the effect that it is for specialty vehicles only.  I now consider my Little Red Ninja and our cars to all be specialty vehicles.
I broke the internet!

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: Indian Scout (69), F800ST(low), Ninja 650(R)
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 07:40:06 PM »
It is confusinger
I went for a ride today  (YEA MOTORCYCLES!)
I scouted KwikTrips in Lake Mills, Lodi and Merton.   None of them had the confusing 88 octane (E15) gas.
But they didn't have mid-grade E10 gas either...

Oh, and, the smoothie machine at the Lodi station is out-of-order.   I saw the one at Lake Mills, and thought it'd be good on a hot day...  it turned out to be a hot day...
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen