Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sena SMH10 v5.0 Firmware Release.  (Read 3015 times)

Offline Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
Sena SMH10 v5.0 Firmware Release.
« on: February 20, 2014, 05:11:32 PM »
SIDETONE - meh,,,that will please 3 people.   ;D

SAN JOSE, Calif. (Feb. 19, 2014) – Sena Technologies, Inc., a Bluetooth innovator in the motorcycle and outdoor activities market, announced today the release of the version 5.0 firmware upgrade for owners of their best-selling SMH10 Bluetooth Headset and Intercom for motorcycles. The version 5.0 firmware upgrade will allow cross-brand interoperability with different brands of Bluetooth headsets, in addition to added support for many of the newest devices using the latest Bluetooth technology. The new firmware will also provide Advanced Noise Control technology to the intercom feature to eliminate background noise and to offer a robust wind noise suppression.

“The new firmware upgrade brings a great deal of improvements to an already incredible product. Version 5.0 firmware will allow SMH10 owners the ability to use the intercom feature with other brands of headsets in addition to bringing advanced Bluetooth technology and noise control, making this one of the best motorcycle Bluetooth headsets on the market,” said Tae Kim, President and CEO, Sena Technologies Inc. “Timely firmware upgrades like this allow us to keep our product up-to-date and compatible with all of the latest Bluetooth devices available on the market.”

Sena has separated itself from the competition by offering free regular firmware upgrades ensuring that its entire line of Bluetooth Headsets remain compatible with the latest Bluetooth technology. Since Bluetooth technology is constantly evolving, Sena works to keep its firmware updated to ensure compatibility with everything from the latest smartphone operating systems to the Bluetooth devices like GPS units, motorcycle audio units and more Bluetooth-enabled devices. Sena remains dedicated to its owners and understands the importance of providing follow-up support for its entire product line.

For more information, please visit Sena web site at www.SenaBluetooth.com.

Online Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
Re: Sena SMH10 v5.0 Firmware Release.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 09:37:29 PM »
Mental note; Must bring Sena in from the garage and connect to computer
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 09:49:46 AM »
Wish they'd increase the volume, I find it's too low when wearing earplugs.  They had fixed it a couple versions ago but then reverted it on the update right afterwards.

Offline RBEmerson

• Motorcycles: "Habu", black '17 Yamaha FJR 1300ES, '03 BMW K1200RS (RIP)
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 08:53:14 PM »
Huh? I have Klipsch phones and volume is not an issue, even slabbing at 80-90. This is with Schuberth S1 and the minimal windshield on a BMW K1200RS (read "wind noise").

I road tested V5.0 today. The sidetone feature rocks!!

Two "why don't they" items: 1) Why don't they support a hot mic to allow talking with someone nearby (toll taker, gas pump person in NJ or OR, etc.), and 2) why don't they have a safety leash for the SMH10 module. I managed to pop mine loose today. The good news is I was standing in a parking lot and the thing didn't break when it hit the ground. If that had happened at speed... not so good...
Are you part of the solution or part of the precipitate?

Offline Stripes

• I'm On A Boat!
  • Motorcycles: Triumph
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 05:27:50 AM »
 :thumbsup:  my dual pack should be here today or tomorrow!
Hard work, pays off in the future. Laziness, pays off now.

Offline RBEmerson

• Motorcycles: "Habu", black '17 Yamaha FJR 1300ES, '03 BMW K1200RS (RIP)
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 07:51:11 AM »
[/ two thumbs up]
Are you part of the solution or part of the precipitate?

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 12:22:04 PM »
Bought an SMH10 yesterday.  Did not buy the newer R type, even though it was close to same price. 

Guy at the parts counter, whom I've known for years and has never steered me wrong, said people who have used both find it easier to dial the knob than press buttons.  Regardless, battery on the old unit lasts longer, can be recharged while riding (not sure how difficult this is on R), and old unit has a socket where I can plug in my non-Bluetooth MP3 player.  Yes I know there is a $12 adaptor to resolve that.  Considering it all, thought it was better to go with the older style.  Fits my age group.
"The mistake you cannot make is to judge the past through the eyes of the present.  Judge the past on its own terms."  
João Zilhão on the Assimilation Model of Human Origin

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Offline Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 04:30:16 PM »
It's not the old style. It's the superior style.

Offline Stripes

• I'm On A Boat!
  • Motorcycles: Triumph
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 04:54:32 PM »
Well dang... mine showed up yesterday! I guess I got the wrong ones.  :(

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hard work, pays off in the future. Laziness, pays off now.

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 07:10:36 PM »
Au contraire...

...I didn't mean it that way!

If all of your devices are Bluetooth compatible devices and you are totally up-to-date, the R is the way to go.

NO WIRES FLAPPING IN THE BREEZE - NO WIRES RIPPING THE BUDS OUT OF YOUR EARS.

In my case, Bluetooth would have meant monaural sound.  With my hearing as bad as it is, the only time I can enjoy listening to true stereophonic quality sound is when I have my Etymolics plugged in on the bike.  I wasn't going to pass that up, cables or not.

I'd like to compare setups if we meet at Nationals.  MAybe I just need to buy all new shit; but that just seems so wrong.  At least now I can plant my Walkman (yes I still have one) on my radar cradle and listen to FM radio.  For another $100 bucks, Bob says the SMH20 comes with an FM tuner.  The look on his face when I told him I still use a Walkman was priceless.  It plays cassette tapes too.
"The mistake you cannot make is to judge the past through the eyes of the present.  Judge the past on its own terms."  
João Zilhão on the Assimilation Model of Human Origin

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh