Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Day Wasted. F-U FedEX  (Read 20698 times)

Online R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
Day Wasted. F-U FedEX
« on: February 17, 2014, 04:51:57 PM »
I was expecting a package which was supposed to arrive, via FedEX, last Friday.  But, due to the big snow storm they were backed up and the package was held up at a hub overnight Friday.  I received a delivery notice in email stating, "Delivery Exception:  Local weather delay, delivery not attempted."  I can understand that.  No problem. 

This package requires a direct signature from either me or someone with the same last name which can show proof of ID and the tracking number.  My wife works from home, so that's usually not an issue. 

Now it turns weird.  On Saturday, I get an email stating, "Delivery Exception:  Signature Required."  I phoned FedEx asking what it meant and they said since this package requires a direct signature, that notice is sent out.  Then, on Sunday, I get a robo call from FedEx reminding me that a signature would be required and to confirm that someone will be there.  I, again, phoned FedEx.  This time I phoned to confirm we would be there and asked if they had an ETA so I could make sure someone would be home.  Because it's President's Day, the wife and I would be off work.  The weather was going to be in the low 50s and sunny and we wanted to get the Ural out for a short ride.   But, if we needed to wait for a package to sign for, that's what we'll do. 

Not knowing when the package would be here, we made it an R&R day at home and read followed by watching a few Doctor Who episodes.  We'd rather had been out riding, but this didn't suck.  But now it turns bad.  At 3PM, I receive an email stating the following, "Delivery exception:  Customer not available or business closed." 

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?  I was home and the caught the email about 5 min past the time it was sent.  No FedEx driver was at our house.  We were home!  The front door was open with the glass storm door being the only thing between us and the outside.  I phoned FedEx to ask them WTF and they said there should be a door tag posted to our door and the customer service rep informed me that we must have simply missed the doorbell or knocking.  "Don't tell me that," I said, "we were both here and there is no door tag on our front door."

I was put on hold as the customer service rep phoned the local hub.  The rep returned to me on phone and he told me the hub informed him they were extremely backed up with deliveries and apologize that the driver missed us.  I reminding the customer service rep that we intentionally stayed home today waiting for this package because we were well aware that it required a signature.  THE DRIVER DIDN'T MISS IS, HE DIDN'T EVEN SHOW.  The rep said that it's likely the driver wasn't going to make it by the end of the day and selected the "Customer not available option" by mistake. 

This is super frustrating.  As I noted, Sheri and scheduled our day around the FedEX phone call and email from over the weekend reminding us that someone had to be home for signature.  Look, if FedEx were concerned that the package wouldn't be delivered today because they were backed up from last week's storm, why didn't they tell me?  We wouldn't have waited all day for them.  That was horrible customer service and BS of the driver to take the package on the truck all to get mid way though the day and say, "F- it" followed by a misrepresentation to HQ that he attempted but no one was home. 

The worst part is, we won't be home for the next few days so no one will be here to sign for the package.  FedEx provided me with the option to drive to the local hub (~60 mi round trip) to pick it up sometime between 6 and 8.  I told them that wasn't acceptable and then they proceeded to tell me they could drop it off at a local FedEx pack n ship location for me to pick up.  That will have to do.  I informed them that the package weighs over 100 lbs and I would need help getting into my vehicle.  They said that the local FedEx pack n ship may be to assist me.  May be able!??  Tomorrow could be interesting. 

As for today, Sheri and enjoyed our relaxing day.  But, it's not what we would have done had it not been for the need that we be here to sign for a package.

I've never really been so pissed off at a business that I would swear that I'll never use them again.  I suppose there's a first for everything. 
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
  • Nothing beats good line of sight
  • Motorcycles: 1999 VFR
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline marc11

Re: Day Wasted. F-U FedEX
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 05:45:00 PM »
Happens to me all the time. I watched a ups truck go down my road as I worked outside once and go the delivery exception notice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

2014 R1200RT
2002 XR400

Offline Mr. Whippy

• 2012 Triumph Tiger 800
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 05:46:40 PM »
A lot of this crap is driver specific, althoughI admit, I've had more problems with Fedex too...

Online R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 07:44:38 PM »
So, what you're saying is, you can't go pick up your package from them?

I see what you did there.   ;D

What I am saying is don't ask me to stay put at my house on a specific day so you can obtain my signature for a package then decide you're going to bail late in the day and make up some B.S. excuse.

I wanted a place to vent and decided on a new thread hoping someone from within the logistics industry could give me some feedback  / advice.  Right now, I plan to file a complaint with the company. 

It would have been 1000% better if they just told me up front that they would not be able to deliver the package due to being backed up due to last week's storm. 

Offline sodapop6620

• Motorcycles: 4
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 08:25:15 PM »
I didn't think fedex worked on Mondays at all. 

Offline cultureslayer

• Motorcycles: 1989 ninja 250
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 09:07:42 PM »
Amazon uses Fedex and they are the reason I won't be renewing my prime subscription.  Half the time the things arrive in 3 days when they are supposed to get here in two.  Not a huge deal, unless you are ordering something for a weekend project and it doesn't get there in time.  Then you have to find something else to work on and put that project off a week.  Amazon says they will refund your shipping charges if it doesn't get there in time, so that's worthless.
Lauren

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
  • Motorcycles: 04 FJR, 06 Speed triple, 88 EX500, 05 YZ250, 91 KX500
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 09:12:27 PM »
I didn't think fedex worked on Mondays at all.

Saw the UPS truck this afternoon.
At the risk of encouraging him, I agree with Cookie.   "Bomber"

Every day is my birthday

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 07:52:05 AM »
So, what you're saying is, you can't go pick up your package from them?

It would have been 1000% better if they just told me up front that they would not be able to deliver the package due to being backed up due to last week's storm.

I had a similar experience with them several years ago.  Fortunately in my case, the service center is only a 20 mile round trip.  Seems to me that FedEx caters to businesses and regular pickup stops. 

I can suggest 2 alternatives: 

1) Have it shipped to your work address.  In my situation above, it was a legal document and I paid extra for Saturday delivery.  Of course I was home.  I called when it didn't arrive.  Fortunately, the pick up center was open in the afternoon, so I was able to drive down and get it after the driver returned from his route. 

2)  Do what I do now - unless it absolutely has to be delivered overnight - is plan ahead and have everything shipped ground cheapest way possible.  Sometimes I get stuff 3 or 4 days after I order.  USPS & UPS are awesome.  Delivery normally takes 2 or 3 days after ship date.  I generally order NLT 8 days ahead, and always have it when I want it.  If I order something that is in stock on from a company that has true same day shipping, I usually get it 3 to 5 days later.

I read a very interesting piece a few weeks ago about a major mail-order retailer that was considering a policy to delay processing of ground order shipments in response to decreasing revenue volume on premium shipping services.  What scum-dogs.  But I haven't seen anything on that recently.
"The mistake you cannot make is to judge the past through the eyes of the present.  Judge the past on its own terms."  
João Zilhão on the Assimilation Model of Human Origin

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Offline FJR1300

• Administrator
  • Motorcycles: None
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 07:55:33 AM »
Right now, I plan to file a complaint with the company. 

Good luck with that because I've actually been told by a FedEx manager they expect a certain percentage of screw ups and complaints because of the volume of packages they move. Nothing will be done regarding your incident and you'll just be wasting your time.

I made the decision long ago to avoid FedEx when possible. I've actually paid extra to ship via UPS instead of free shipping via FedEx.

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 08:27:25 AM »
At least it's not your postal carrier, so you don't have to go through it every day.

The cunny-honey that delivers our mail will go out of her way to not get her fat ass out of her car to drop a package at out front door.  She has shoved boxes into our mailbox so hard that I had to bust open the box inside the mail box to get the package back out.  She hangs packages that weight several pounds in plastic grocery bags and hangs them off the box flag...breaking the flag eventually.

The pic below is of the water pump I ordered for the C14.  I knew it was coming so I was in the garage with the bike on the lift stripping it down so that when it arrived I could slap it in and button it back up right away.  She pulled up and struggled to affix the box to the door of the mailbox.  All the while I was standing at the open garage door just shaking my head.   Calls to the postmaster will resolve the issue for about one delivery then it's back to the status quo. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cultureslayer

• Motorcycles: 1989 ninja 250
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 08:38:13 AM »

That is some exceptional laziness right there.  Maybe it's time to spend the $35 and get a jumbo mailbox like all the people that live in BFE have?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gibraltar-Mailboxes-Jumbo-Size-Galvanized-Steel-Post-Mount-Mailbox-in-Black-ST200B00/100210072?N=5yc1vZc8f5
Lauren

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 08:43:05 AM »
I have everything shipped to my work. always someone to sign for it and I can pick it up whenever I want.
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 08:47:29 AM »
It wouldn't matter.  Most stuff that wouldn't fit in the normal size mailbox would also not fit in the larger one either.  I've seen the exact same thing done to the large mailboxes as well.

When you move in the first thing you do is fill out a form for the post office to let them know where packages should be left. Front door, back door, garage door, etc.  Rubber banded and hanging off the mailbox was not an option.

Not to mention that she destroys the mailbox so why would I buy a pricey one just to have it wrecked as well.

A walk through our neighborhood is like a mailbox trail of tears.

Offline bomber

• Rough, grooved surface
  • Motorcycles: some
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 08:54:20 AM »

Good luck with that because I've actually been told by a FedEx manager they expect a certain percentage of screw ups and complaints because of the volume of packages they move. Nothing will be done regarding your incident and you'll just be wasting your time.

I made the decision long ago to avoid FedEx when possible. I've actually paid extra to ship via UPS instead of free shipping via FedEx.

If someone is being honest, every business "expects" some degree off less than perfect results . . . . with no exceptions  . . ..

I've had decent (not perfect) results with FedEx, ditto UPS, same same DHL -- when something absolutely needs a signiture, I use my work address, or my wife's . . . . . .

Wait . . . .this is the rant thread, yes?

F-U trucks!

Happy Birthday Ed!
We had two bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Offline JeffM

• Motorcycles: Suzuki Katana 600
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 10:11:03 AM »
FedEx used to do this to me all the time. I think it's driver specific too - some of them are too lazy or too slow to get all of their packages delivered for the day, so they just check off anything remaining as "customer unavailable" even if you were sitting on your front steps all day long. I avoid them whenever possible. UPS isn't perfect, but I have found their drivers better at least where I have lived.

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), Ninja 650(R) ... Indian Scout (RIP)
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 11:37:32 AM »
Seems to me that FedEx caters to businesses and regular pickup stops. 
FedEx bought DHL.   DHL is now FedEx home delivery.
Seems to me these guys are still breaking in the new uniforms and being forced into the new system.
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 03:16:07 PM »
I have everything shipped to my work. always someone to sign for it and I can pick it up whenever I want.

Ding!
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online Mrs. DantesDame

• Super Moderator
  • Getting too old for this crap
    • DantesDame's Adventures
  • Motorcycles: -14 BMW F800 GSA
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 03:21:30 PM »

Good idea, but it wouldn't have worked in this case:

This package requires a direct signature from either me or someone with the same last name which can show proof of ID and the tracking number. 
www.Dantesdame.com <-- Rides! Rides! Rides!

Online R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2014, 03:31:54 PM »
Good idea, but it wouldn't have worked in this case:

This package requires a direct signature from either me or someone with the same last name which can show proof of ID and the tracking number. 

+1

Thanks everyone for letting me vent.  I get really upset when I have the chance to ride and can't.   >:(

There are some good responses here.  I may need to clarify a few things. 

1)  It was a ground shipment of a large package which weighs over 100 lbs.

2)  The shipper sent it requiring a direct signature.  When that option is selected and paid for by the shipper, I only have  two options as a receiver which are as follows:   A) be here to sign for it or B) have it dropped at a local FedEx facility for pick up.  Having the package re-routed is not an option.

3)  The policy on receiving personal items at my company is that we're not to receive personal items at the office.  I work at my company's HQ so our mailroom is busy enough sorting non personal mail and interoffice mail for my employer's 35,000 employees.  While I'm sure I could "bend" this rule from time to time, there's no way I'd try it with a 100+ pound package.   :o

Offline marc11

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 04:30:32 PM »
Have any of you ever experienced the little gem called FedEx smart post?  Oh it's the worst of FedEx who gives it to your local PO for he last mile delivery. And for me, like others my carrier refuses to bring anything to my door because she has a rule, I kid you not, if she cannot turn around in my driveway with out backing up she will not enter my driveway. Guess they didn't learn her no revers'in skilz 'cause now I gots to go to the PO for every single package.

And I work, which means either my wife needs to get them or they all wait until Saturday....nothing like having your package sit for a week waiting for a pick up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
2014 R1200RT
2002 XR400

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 04:35:07 PM »
Have any of you ever experienced the little gem called FedEx smart post?  Oh it's the worst of FedEx who gives it to your local PO for he last mile delivery. And for me, like others my carrier refuses to bring anything to my door because she has a rule, I kid you not, if she cannot turn around in my driveway with out backing up she will not enter my driveway. Guess they didn't learn her no revers'in skilz 'cause now I gots to go to the PO for every single package.

And I work, which means either my wife needs to get them or they all wait until Saturday....nothing like having your package sit for a week waiting for a pick up.

Always works great for me but I live in the boonies and we all know each other.

“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

― Frank Zappa

Offline marc11

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 04:36:33 PM »

Always works great for me but I live in the boonies and we all know each other.

In theory for me too, I live in the boonies too. But my USPS carrier refuses to drive down my driveway because you need to make a three point turn in order to drive out or reverse out. She won't so that.

2014 R1200RT
2002 XR400

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2014, 04:55:57 PM »
At least it's not your postal carrier, so you don't have to go through it every day.

At least your postal carrier delivers to the correct address.   

Some of us in our neighborhood walk it across the street; others just toss it in the can.

Postmaster told us he hasn't received any complaints from anyone one else, but that's not what I heard.
"The mistake you cannot make is to judge the past through the eyes of the present.  Judge the past on its own terms."  

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 05:15:21 PM »
So..... what kind of alcohol did you have shipped? :naughty:

I go through this signature thing with my wine clubs - and both M.Brane and I can pick it up at the local hub. And yeah - they left it on the truck one time while I waited all day.  :fitz: :rave: :mad:
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Online R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 06:03:40 PM »
No booze.  At this point, I'm wishing it were booze.   ;D

**  UPDATE **  The nightmare continues.

I phoned the facility which the package was supposed to held at today before I left work to verify it would be there.  I was told the package was "accidentally" left on the truck and wasn't there.  I informed them that I could make my way home and be there the rest of the evening.  FedEx phoned the driver (while I was on hold) and left him a voice message to go ahead and deliver it since I was going to be there.

It's now 7AM and I phoned FedEx requesting an update (knowing FedEx delivery hours is 8 to 7).  Apparently the driver returned to the FedEx facility with my package still in his truck.

I was told they would make sure it's held at the facility tomorrow for me to pick up.  I am not holding my breath on this.   >:(

Offline fourstring

• Motorcycles: Versys 650 LT
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2014, 06:32:45 PM »
Someone has to say it.

Over 100 lbs?  Signature required?

How much booze do you buy at once?
For all the people that reside there, the center of the universe must be awfully crowded.

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
  • Motorcycles: 04 FJR, 06 Speed triple, 88 EX500, 05 YZ250, 91 KX500
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2014, 06:55:26 PM »
At the risk of encouraging him, I agree with Cookie.   "Bomber"

Every day is my birthday

Offline Stripes

• I'm On A Boat!
  • Motorcycles: Triumph
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 07:16:18 PM »
Someone has to say it.

Over 100 lbs?  Signature required?

How much booze do you buy at once?

Well since both he & his wife were waiting for it, maybe it's not alcohol. Perhaps something a little more private & personal.  :naughty:
Hard work, pays off in the future. Laziness, pays off now.

Online R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2014, 08:11:15 PM »
Oh, this is rich.  My wife ordered some makeup online and her order was shipped UPS the same day as my order.  Her order was delayed due to weather too.  But, the UPS guy just left here with the delivered package (9 PM).  At least UPS is paying O/T to make up for lost time.  FedEx sucks!

You guys and gals are cracking me up!  It's not booze!    ;D

It's this.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:22:09 AM by R Doug »

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 08:16:01 PM »
Should have guessed. Gonna get that brown note, eh?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Online R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 08:21:16 PM »
Should have guessed. Gonna get that brown note, eh?

:lol:

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2014, 08:25:33 PM »
1) UPS for me - the drivers I deal with (home office, 2 or 3 deliveries a month [I'm nobody special]) have been wonderful.

2) A $2.00 paper currency is great for tips - it sets a "special" message (more than two $1's), and while rightfully deserved by my delivery driver, it has come back to benefit me as well - once, on a nice Friday afternoon, I was planning to head to the local hub for package pickup in the evening and the driver TELEPHONED ME to ask if I'd be home for a second pass by my place on his way back to the hub - CHA-CHING!!  THANK YOU

3) FedEx > USPS delivery processing - yea, that suxors. (NewEgg's "eggsaver")

4) 100LBS - I'm thinking small'ish fire safe.
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Offline FJR1300

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2014, 09:17:22 AM »
4) 100LBS - I'm thinking small'ish fire safe.

Nah... it's gotta be a gun safe.

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2014, 09:26:08 AM »
Could be the speaker that he said it is....

...or ammo.  Cases of ammo.

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2014, 09:42:38 AM »
Could be the speaker that he said it is....

Not that anyone actually reads...

Online R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2014, 10:16:14 AM »
^^  :lol:

I received a FedEx confirmation that it's being redirected to a local FedEx pack 'n ship location today.  I'm to receive an email when it's ready.  (fingers crossed).

And, to confirm, it is a speaker.  It's a 100 lb acoustic suspension 13" powered subwoofer with a built in 1,000 watt amplifier for my home theater.

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2014, 11:05:51 AM »
Its ammo.

Sent from Planet Ten by way of the eight dimension using Tapatalk

― Frank Zappa

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2014, 11:21:41 AM »
I hope it's in good shape when you go to pick it up.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2014, 12:05:49 PM »
I hope it's in good shape when you go to pick it up.

Agreed.  It's like complaining to the waiter in a restaurant about your food.  If you're too rude about it, I wouldn't want to eat what comes back out of the kitchen. 

If it's broke, it's insured and FedEx pays for it. 

It's ready for pick up.  We'll see what shape the box is in.  :lol:

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2014, 02:33:28 PM »
Yep - gun safe with enough room for ammo!

Round, high tech, front opening with more high tech security locking / control / monitor / reporting whizbang on the back side.

reading comprehension... 0

`hope it's not banged up that you have to process a claim...
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Online R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2014, 07:16:21 PM »
Home safe and sound (pun not intended).

While I didn't get to go out on the Ural this past Monday, the experience of this beast from SVS is making the wait worth it.  I'm impressed.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 03:24:11 PM by R Doug »

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 07:25:25 PM »
That is one large box of dildos.

Sent from Planet Ten by way of the Eighth Dimension.

― Frank Zappa

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2014, 07:56:54 PM »
:rolf:

Online R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2014, 08:01:21 PM »

:facepalm:

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2014, 09:23:48 PM »
I think you could haul that home in the Ural. 

Just be sure to mount the machine gun on the hack before you go down to pick it up. 

(Edit).  I see that you already picked it up.   Well, I suppose you could always go back and pay them a courtesy call.   
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:44:22 PM by Skee »

Offline FJR1300

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2014, 07:09:26 AM »
That's an awesome gun safe. I'd never think to look for a gun in a sub-woofer. Good job!

Online R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2014, 07:49:17 AM »
I have to tell you, this SVS piece of kit exceeds my expectations.  It's not "louder" than my previous sub , per se.  It's just better.

The lowest lows are felt without being overwhelming.  The accuracy on some of my favorite tunes, which used to challenge my older 120 watt ported unit, is amazing.  It was later in the evening when I got to play with it.  So, I really haven't been able to step on the gas to see how well it performs.  But, because it's so amazing at lower volume settings, you can sense the quality.  I have a two-disc set of John Williams' best scores from Star Wars to the Theme of the Olympiad.  The reproduction of natural base notes makes me feel like I'm in a concert hall hearing it live.

I had Iron Man 3 saved on the DVR and the explosions are amazingly accurate and powerful.  I saw that Resident Evil was on Stars, so I flipped to it.  The gun shots were amazing.  I can feel the percussion in my chest of each shot similar to when I'm actually at the gun range.  And, there is zero distortion. 

I am in love.   :inlove:

Offline Veefer800canuck

• Nicky Hayden stole my childhood.
  • Motorcycles: 1999 Honda GL800RR-SP2
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2014, 07:54:19 AM »
I'll bring the  :popcorn:, when is the next movie night??? 
Rob McKinnon

My visited states map:

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
  • Motorcycles: 2013 Kawasaki Concours, 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1989 Honda Transalp
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2014, 07:56:32 AM »
Jeeze, for that kind of money it better feel real  :o

Carl
 No matter where you go, there you are.