Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Loudmouth gunshop owning doing good or?  (Read 1909 times)

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
  • Motorcycles: Versys 650 Adventure
Loudmouth gunshop owning doing good or?
« on: February 14, 2014, 04:32:04 PM »
We have a gun shop in San Diego that deals in 80% lowers for AR15 and AR10 rifles. He has erected a sign that states they are unserailized, not wait, legal or something to that nature. The local PD wanted him to take the sign down, hell I want him to take the sign down.

Maybe I am being a bit naive in thinking the law makers in Sacramento are still clueless about the 80% lower thing? If this guy keeps making a big stink we could lose this ability in California quicker than you can say "oh shit". I feel some things are best kept on the down low. What say you?

http://aresarmor.com

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
I don't know how to act my age, I have never been this old before.........
MR MOJO RISIN unscrambled spells JIM MORRISON

-

Offline Jim

• Contributor
Re: Loudmouth gunshop owning doing good or?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 06:33:33 PM »
What is their "reasoning" for this? Do they have a "Constitutional Carry" mindset (Gub`mint has NO legal basis for controlling ANY firearm?)

The Unserialized catches me as the sticking point.

Then there is "First Amendment" - "I can say it, so I will" mindset (and have no standing behind the sign saying something).
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 06:50:42 PM »
Well under federal law your allowed to "build" yourself a gun but it can NEVER be transferred. It doesn't have to have a serial number or be registered with local govt. Currently I do not know of a state law that prohibits this. The technicality is that you must "build" a certain percentage of the firearm. So if you buy a raw lower receiver and do most of the machining you will have been considered "the builder".  This is one of the two ways we can own an AR type pistol here in California. You can also build AK type weapons in this manor.  Is it a loophole? I guess you could call it that and that is the reason why it would be better left unknown by certain folks.

-

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 06:57:45 PM »
Ah, so it is legal. Now I get it. You wish the issue to not be advertised so that the politicians "won't find out" (or at least be notified of the "loophole").

Now I understand the positions - curious is all I offer (read: I'm undecided / on the fence as of now).
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 01:56:19 AM »
Well its legal for anyone who can legally own a firearm but since its not regulated......ummmm........ :shrug:

-