Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2014 Team Lyle Silver State Roundup  (Read 4195 times)

Offline Justin

• Hi, I'm Phteven
  • Motorcycles: 2008 Hayabusa - 2004 FJR
2014 Team Lyle Silver State Roundup
« on: February 05, 2014, 12:27:27 AM »
Passing along Doug's announcement for the 2014 Team Lyle Silver State Roundup

I am pleased to announce the 2014 Team Lyle Silver State Roundup, which will take place May 16 - 18, 2014, starting and ending in Alamo, Nevada.

This is following the successful, record-setting 2013 Team Lyle Nevada Stampede, which produced 1 Saddle Sore 1000, 2 Bun Burner 1500s, 8 Bun Burner Golds, and 5 Bun Burner Gold 1800+ rides (all mileage in Nevada) and the 2012 Team Lyle Alamo Express, which produced 12 certified All Nevada BBGs, one All Nevada Bun Burner 1500, one All Nevada BBG 1800+, as well as a rather unique SS2000 Gold. In addition, the riders have made quite generous donations to Eddie's Road, which have exceeded all expectations.

Once again, we will be allowing the riders to ride the validated 1,524 mile Base Route, a BBG 1800+ route using the Base Route, or to declare their own route, using all or part of the Base Route.

Thanks to Mike Kneebone, whose suggestions have helped make these Team Lyle Alamo rides a better event, and to Lisa Erbes, whose Eddie's Road is making a difference helping troubled teens, some of whom may end up motorcycle riders, or perhaps even LD riders, if history is any indication.

http://www.teamlyle-alamoexpress.com/2014/

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Doug Barrett
IBA #456
Rallymaster

Ted Bosch
IBA #48,597
Guest Rallymaster

Brian Casey
IBA #25,366
Routemaster

Matt Watkins
IBA # 332
Biathlon Instructor, Ride/Walk Division

Any Stoners want to join the fun?

I rode last year and will be riding again this year. I got myself one of these last year :)

FAST: 2004 "Silver Bullet" FJR1300 - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Led Rider LED Motorcycle Aux Lights - Use discount code "STO15"

Offline Justin

• Hi, I'm Phteven
Re: 2014 Team Lyle Silver State Roundup
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 04:53:52 PM »
Folks - setup a donation page, again supporting Eddie's Road Foundation for Children this year. Asking for a penny per mile over 24 hours. Last year I crushed the 1800 mile barrier in 24 hours, so asking for $18 donations this year :). All proceeds go to the charity.

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/JustinPhilipson/teamlylesilverstateround-up

Thanks for looking!

Online miles

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Two of them
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 05:36:08 PM »
Justin, would the route be possible on a bike with around a 150 mile tank range?

I guess the question is whether there are there gas stations frequent enough that will be open 24 hours so that I can count on there being available fuel?
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Offline Justin

• Hi, I'm Phteven
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 10:28:01 PM »
Justin, would the route be possible on a bike with around a 150 mile tank range?

I guess the question is whether there are there gas stations frequent enough that will be open 24 hours so that I can count on there being available fuel?

The only sections of the base route that would be an issue is the first leg from Alamo to Tonopah. That's 161 miles. And the fourth leg from Ely to Tonopah (168 miles). I assume your talking about the s1000rr? Problem with that bike, on those desolate NV highways your not going to be able to fight the urge to twist the throttle an whip up the pace :)

Base route: http://goo.gl/maps/Wnp4W

You'd have to carry a gas jug for the first leg for sure. On leg two, Tonopah to Battle Mountain there is gas in the middle in Austin. On leg three, Battle Mountain to West Wendover there is gas in Carlin, Elko and Wells in the middle. On leg four, West Wendover to Tonopah, there is 168 miles from Ely to Tonopah without case. On leg 5, Tonopah to Fallon, there is gas in the middle in Hawthorne. Leg six is from Fallon to Baker, and there are multiple gas stops in Austin, Eureka, and Ely on the way. The last leg is from Baker back down to Alamo, and there is gas in Caliente midway (140 miles). So yeah, it's doable if you carry a gallon or two of extra gas.

Online miles

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 12:53:01 AM »
And these gas stations will be open at O Dark:30?

Online miles

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 12:53:57 AM »
Oh, and I ditched the fairing and an "R", so the top speeds will be less toppy.

Offline Justin

• Hi, I'm Phteven
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 11:49:49 AM »
And these gas stations will be open at O Dark:30?

If not open, the pay at the pump will be open. Also, hotel info is listed here: http://www.teamlyle-alamoexpress.com/2014/register/. I'm pretty sure the Alamo Inn is full, so you will need to call the other two to see if they have any rooms left.

Edit: At asked Doug the rallymaster, and he said he believes the lodging is all full. But there might be one or two people with an extra bed to share. Shoot me a message if interest and I'll reach out to those on the rider list.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 12:21:16 PM by Justin »

Online miles

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 06:37:08 PM »
I just got out the calendar and realized it wasn't next month we are talking about but this coming weekend.   :face palm:  I guess that means I'm out for this year.

Have fun, Justin.

Offline Justin

• Hi, I'm Phteven
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 07:19:58 PM »
I just got out the calendar and realized it wasn't next month we are talking about but this coming weekend.   :face palm:  I guess that means I'm out for this year.

Have fun, Justin.

Yeah, it's this upcoming weekend. And I'm going to have some fun for sure. Hope you can make it next year!

Online miles

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 07:46:25 PM »
If I'd had the month I'd thought I would absolutely be down for this.  By coincidence, I've been planning on doing a recreation of the SS1K lap of Nevada that BMW-K and I did two years ago to inaugurate my new bike.

I figure I'll be first on the list to SS a BMW S1000R if I get it done pronto. 

I've ordered and received all of the farkles (PDM module, power let plugs, lights, etc) to "tour up" the bike and sometime in the next week or two I'll install it all.  After that, it's off to the races, so to speak.

Offline Justin

• Hi, I'm Phteven
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 12:13:02 PM »
Another awesome Nevada ride banged out, second BBG1800+ on the Hayabusa :). Great ride, and great company. Hope to see some of y'all there next year!