Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Did you ride today?  (Read 80734 times)

Offline thatguy

• Motorcycles: a few
Re: Did you ride today?
« Reply #600 on: March 23, 2020, 07:46:53 AM »
You must use balance finesse and traction management to stay on top of an open class bike anywhere. The YZ is so torquey it makes a great trail bike. If you can ride that 4 wheeled thing over there you can ride anything.
sometimes WTF is the appropriate answer

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #601 on: March 23, 2020, 08:09:24 AM »
I kinda maybe sorta wanna do Sturgis ONCE, just to say I did. But then I see pictures, and I change my mind for another year or three. Daytona and Ocean City have been enough of a "bike week experience" for me so far. The Honda Hoot in Pidgeon Forge I did a bunch of years back was... interesting... the year I went. That poor town was not ready for those numbers.  :eek:

You habe to time it right. I went about 10 years ago and had the street all to myself. Granted it was 2 weeks before the Harleys showed up and 4am but I still had the town to myself.  I would go back again for those conditions.

the last Sunday of the rally is pretty close to that.  ;)  If you want to get the whole experience show up the last Saturday and you can experience the mess, then Sunday morning it's over. Do your shopping and looking around sturgis, then spend Monday-wednesday riding the relatively empty roads. Of course if you Just want to ride, come in September.
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Online Black Hills

« Reply #602 on: March 23, 2020, 08:14:16 AM »
You must use balance finesse and traction management to stay on top of an open class bike anywhere. The YZ is so torquey it makes a great trail bike. If you can ride that 4 wheeled thing over there you can ride anything.

Have you tried a new 2-stroke? they are pretty impressive. I loved my CR500, but my 300XC-w works far better in the woods.
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Offline thatguy

• Motorcycles: a few
« Reply #603 on: March 23, 2020, 08:47:44 AM »
Actually other than the tall first gear I love my CRF450 in the woods. Takes some practice but it'll do anything short of trials.
sometimes WTF is the appropriate answer

Online Black Hills

« Reply #604 on: March 23, 2020, 08:50:37 AM »
the new 450's are amazing machines, but being fat and old an out of shape they begin to tire me out after an hour or two. therefore I stick with my fat old man bike... lol..

Online sodapop6620

• Motorcycles: 4
« Reply #605 on: Yesterday at 06:36:58 PM »
Got out for a nice ride through Halifax and Pine Grove before heading back to Ephrata area.