Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Honda developing a sport tourer with the Africa Twin engine  (Read 190 times)

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), Ninja 650
Honda developing a sport tourer with the Africa Twin engine
« on: February 05, 2021, 07:42:08 PM »
CycleWorld says Honda is developing a sport-tourer with the Africa Twin 1100 engine.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/bikes/further-confirmation-of-honda-nt1100/

Honda has applied for trademark rights to the name “NT1100” in Europe
The Africa Twin’s compact, lightweight engine, which features the firm’s Unicam cylinder-head design to keep it small, is ideally suited to an NT-badged sport-tourer. It’s not a powerhouse of an engine, peaking at 101 hp in the Africa Twin and 86 hp in the new-for-2021 CMX1100 Rebel, but it offers a wide spread of torque and more than enough performance for day-to-day riding.
Although it’s not certain, it seems likely that the backbone-style chassis may be the one to be used on the NT1100, as Japanese sources say the machine will take its styling cues from the CB4X concept bike that was shown in 2019. That machine was based around the frame and engine of the CB650R.
If the Japanese rumors about the new bike are correct, the NT1100 will have a slightly elevated stance, giving some of the appeal of an adventure bike but without any pretensions of off-road ability. Models like BMW’s S 1000 XR and F 900 XR have gone in the same direction.
Yamaha’s Tracer 9, with its 889cc, 117 hp three-cylinder engine, is likely to be the most direct rival to the NT1100,
The Japanese rumor mill has long said the new bike is due as part of Honda’s 2022 model range, and the timing of the trademark filing in Europe fits with that prediction.
...  the fourth quarter of 2021, when the 2022 range is expected to be unveiled.
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online Patmo

• Motorcycles: 2019 Versys 650LT
Re: Honda developing a sport tourer with the Africa Twin engine
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 06:21:29 AM »
I hope they make it and I hope they don’t make it to tall or to heavy. 

Online PatM

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RT
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 12:56:58 PM »
Looks nice
Ride safe!

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 06:09:04 PM »
If the rumor comes true,that would badass. I hope they don't junk it up too much so the price doesn't get crazy.
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • De omnibus dubitandum
  • Motorcycles: 2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 - ORANGE!!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 06:15:41 AM »
I recently sat on some new adventure or safari or whatever version of the AT and I was amazed to find that I could touch the ground about the same as my Versys.  It was a bit of a monster up top but I sat down in it instead of teetering atop the thing like most liter+ adv bikes.  There's hope.
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"