Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So much for peace...  (Read 3501 times)

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
So much for peace...
« on: January 26, 2014, 09:33:38 PM »
Peace doves freed from pope’s window attacked

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

VATICAN CITY (AP) — Two white doves that were released by children standing alongside Pope Francis as a peace gesture have been attacked by other birds.

As tens of thousands of people watched in St. Peter’s Square on Sunday, a seagull and a large black crow swept down on the doves right after they were set free from an open window of the Apostolic Palace.

One dove lost some feathers as it broke free from the gull. But the crow pecked repeatedly at the other dove.

It was not clear what happened to the doves as they flew off.

While speaking at the window beforehand, Francis had appealed for peace in Ukraine, where anti-government protesters have died.

http://woodtv.com/2014/01/26/peace-doves-freed-from-popes-window-attacked/
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Offline Stripes

• I'm On A Boat!
  • Motorcycles: Triumph
Re: So much for peace...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 09:44:52 PM »
 :eek: :lol:
Hard work, pays off in the future. Laziness, pays off now.

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
  • Motorcycles: Versys 650 Adventure
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 12:16:38 AM »
Give peace a chance.....LOL PWNED!!!!
I don't know how to act my age, I have never been this old before.........
MR MOJO RISIN unscrambled spells JIM MORRISON

-

Offline Veefer800canuck

• Nicky Hayden stole my childhood.
  • Motorcycles: 1999 Honda GL800RR-SP2
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 01:12:42 AM »
It's an omen.
Rob McKinnon

My visited states map:

Offline bomber

• Rough, grooved surface
  • Motorcycles: some
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 12:52:36 PM »
When the going gets weird  . . .
We had two bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 01:04:43 PM »
....the weird turn pro.
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

― Frank Zappa

Offline MrsCablebandit

• Purveyor of Cookies.org
    • Pineapple Ponderings
  • Motorcycles: '10 C14 Passenger
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 01:13:29 PM »
During my USSS days, we had a similar incident with an eagle that President Clinton released:

An immature bald eagle released at Patuxent River Naval Air Station to dramatize President Clinton's visit there Thursday got knocked out of the sky by four angry ospreys before the president had even finished his Independence Day speech extolling the comeback of "our national symbol."

The Navy, Coast Guard and Secret Service knew about the attack on the eagle before the president had stepped off the speaker's platform, but officials kept the enthusiastic crowd of invited dignitaries, military personnel and environmentalists in the dark.

"Talk about managing the news," said Robert Graham, a spokesman for Maryland's Department of Natural Resources. Like most of those attending, he said, he learned of the eagle's predicament only from news reports yesterday morning. "This is all very strange."

The audience had cheered and clapped when the brown and black bird, too young to sport the trademark white head feathers, spread her wings and flapped powerfully into woods nearby.

About 15 minutes later, with Clinton still speaking, the eagle, nicknamed Freedom, was attacked by the ospreys as it flew toward the Chesapeake Bay about a half-mile from where it was released.

The 3-year-old female eagle, who has a 6-foot wingspan, was promptly fished out of the water by the Coast Guard and taken to a wildlife clinic in Delaware, where she was recuperating yesterday with a slightly injured wing.

Wildlife experts said the incident illustrates how rough nature can be. Eagles and ospreys often compete for fish and other food.

Freedom, enjoying her first flight in the wild since being injured three months ago, apparently flew right over its rivals' nests unwittingly.

It could not be learned yesterday whether the president knew of the downing of the eagle. The White House press office did not return telephone calls.

Craig Koppie, the federal wildlife biologist who shared the limelight with the president while releasing the eagle, said he learned of the bird's trouble from a Secret Service agent as the president waded into the crowd after his speech to shake hands.

Koppie said he kept quiet because he didn't want to tarnish the celebration.

"I genuinely wanted to see the president come out with flying colors," Koppie said yesterday.

He said he feared that news coverage of the eagle's abortive release would undermine the event, which was arranged to tout the administration's commitment to environmental protection.

"Our concentration was on the president and the moment, the beauty of the occasion," said Cathy Partusch, head of public affairs for the 7,000-acre naval air station on Cedar Point at the mouth of the Patuxent River.

(Source: Baltimore Sun)
I used to make a bigger impression.

http://pineappleponderings.blogspot.com/ - Ride reports and other musings.

Offline bomber

• Rough, grooved surface
  • Motorcycles: some
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 02:15:32 PM »
I can always count on Cookie . . . . .
We had two bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 02:53:16 PM »

:thumbsup:

― Frank Zappa

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 03:07:06 PM »

AAh, Ah, AH!
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison

”And the music was good, and the music was loud, and the singer he turned and he said to the crowd, LET THERE BE ROCK!”

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 03:34:25 PM »

AAh, Ah, AH!

:lol:

― Frank Zappa

Offline Mr. Whippy

• 2012 Triumph Tiger 800
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 03:56:47 PM »