Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: When will we consider covid 'over'?  (Read 2420 times)

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), Ninja 650(R) ... Indian Scout (RIP)
When will we consider covid 'over'?
« on: May 07, 2020, 11:23:44 AM »
The effects of Covid(-19) are being compared to the Great depression, the Vietnam war and other events 'of a generation'.
WW-II had VE and VJ days (Victory over Europe & Japan).
What will you call 'victory' over Covid?

My initial thought is when the deaths in the US are less than seasonal flue.  But I'm not calling that my final answer.
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
  • Motorcycles: 16 Tiger Xr(x)
Re: When will we consider covid 'over'?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 11:41:03 AM »
When there's a vaccine or herd immunity. Nothing else really counts. As the meme says,

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
A man with no sig

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 11:41:22 AM »
When there's a vaccine or herd immunity. Nothing else really counts.

** DING **
this signature on hold pending review

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 11:56:57 AM »
I have to ask about this concept of herd immunity. Since the flu has been around for generations and I haven't heard of immunity and the common cold has been around and I haven't heard of immunity and measles ect, where did this idea come from? There is no proof you can't get reinfected at this point, so WTF is herd immunity and does anyone think its going to happen in 1 generation of the virus?to me its a false concept until proven. And theres little in human history to back it up.
In answer to the post , its over when they 1) have a viable , working treatment for those infected and 2) when there is a tested, proven  vaccine for itother wise, no its not.
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), Ninja 650(R) ... Indian Scout (RIP)
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 12:05:56 PM »
I have to ask about this concept of herd immunity. Since the flu has been around for generations and I haven't heard of immunity and the common cold has been around and I haven't heard of immunity and measles ect, where did this idea come from? There is no proof you can't get reinfected at this point, so WTF is herd immunity and does anyone think its going to happen in 1 generation of the virus?to me its a false concept until proven. And theres little in human history to back it up.
In answer to the post , its over when they 1) have a viable , working treatment for those infected and 2) when there is a tested, proven  vaccine for it other wise, no its not.
I looked up 'herd immunity';
Johns Hopkins (Bloomberg) School of Public Health says; 
there are two ways to achieve herd immunity: A large proportion of the population either gets infected or gets a protective vaccine
we will likely need at least 70% of the population to be immune to have herd protection.
https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/achieving-herd-immunity-with-covid19.html
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
  • Motorcycles: 16 Tiger Xr(x)
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 12:13:55 PM »
Yeah, that gets it. Vaccines are actually just a way to get herd immunity. It's the same thing. The difference is you inject the antibodies rather than waiting for your body to produce its own in reaction to the virus.

No vaccine for common cold because it mutates so quickly and there are many viruses (virii?) Flu viruses mutate but often in a predictable way, so we can prepare a new vaccine each year (it's actually guesswork and some years they get it wrong).

We really don't know yet how fast this one mutates. On that score, BTW, lots of questions about the research that hit the news yesterday that it has already mutated into something more contagious. That is not confirmed.
A man with no sig

Online zer0netgain

• Motorcycles: 2018 BMW R1200RS
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 12:52:33 PM »
Honestly, we need to get to a place where we have effective and affordable treatment for patients.  This virus kills by various means, so we need an effective treatment plan for each vector and a way to correctly identify what treatment is needed.  Once we are there, we don't have to worry about being unable to treat the disease effectively.

There are so many mutations of this virus out there at this point that I question the effectiveness of ANY vaccine at this point (unless they find a way to attack a common element to all the variants).

Honest question....Is it feasible to take a pint of human blood, expose it to the virus, let the blood cells (white) learn the virus to make antibodies, then infuse the modified white blood cells into the patient...letting their body gain learned immunity without having the virus in their body?

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 01:09:51 PM »
In answer to the post , its over when they 1) have a viable , working treatment for those infected and 2) when there is a tested, proven  vaccine for it other wise, no its not.
I looked up 'herd immunity';
Johns Hopkins (Bloomberg) School of Public Health says; 
there are two ways to achieve herd immunity: A large proportion of the population either gets infected or gets a protective vaccine
we will likely need at least 70% of the population to be immune to have herd protection.

https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/achieving-herd-immunity-with-covid19.html
Fine except what proof is there that once you have been infected that you won't get infected again if its mutating quickly?Wouldn't that negate herd immunity?Heck of an assumption to make in truth .
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 01:11:00 PM »
Honestly, we need to get to a place where we have effective and affordable treatment for patients.  This virus kills by various means, so we need an effective treatment plan for each vector and a way to correctly identify what treatment is needed.  Once we are there, we don't have to worry about being unable to treat the disease effectively.

There are so many mutations of this virus out there at this point that I question the effectiveness of ANY vaccine at this point (unless they find a way to attack a common element to all the variants).

Honest question....Is it feasible to take a pint of human blood, expose it to the virus, let the blood cells (white) learn the virus to make antibodies, then infuse the modified white blood cells into the patient...letting their body gain learned immunity without having the virus in their body?
That is the basis in part for one thats in trial
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 01:28:24 PM »
In answer to the post , its over when they 1) have a viable , working treatment for those infected and 2) when there is a tested, proven  vaccine for itother wise, no its not.

Yes, that's a better answer. Herd immunity is an effect of the above, not a specific goal.

Online stevent

• Motorcycles: 2010 K1300GT
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 01:42:45 PM »
Sometime after November 4th would be my guess
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a hens arse?"

Online Patmo

• Motorcycles: 2007 FZ6, 2014 Ninja 650
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2020, 04:31:36 PM »
Never, it continues to mutate and we don’t yet know enough about it to say what will irradiate it from existence completely. However, we will learn how to live with it and how to limit the number of people that get it. We will learn how to prevent it in most people.  We will learn how to treat it in the few people that do get it.  We will get back to a point where our behavior can become “normal”, and we will adapt to changes in our behavior that caution dictates.

It’s going to be a long time until the limits placed on restaurants, events, festivals, etc. are removed everywhere. It’s going to be a long time until schools go back to what they were before.  It’s going to be a long time until sporting events go back to full capacity. 

Almost none of this is going to happen until childcare returns at the same level that it was before. I expect many states to return to this being open in a limited fashion next month, but if we see this disease start to really effect our children, childcare will be shut right down immediately. 

Offline ChrisFZ1

• This space for sale.
  • Motorcycles: '19 Tracer 900
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2020, 04:46:11 PM »
It'll be over like the flu is over. I think it'll be a seasonal shot. Possibly hot spots to stamp out for the long term.

Offline ChrisFZ1

• This space for sale.
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2020, 05:22:44 PM »
When there's a vaccine or herd immunity. Nothing else really counts. As the meme says,

Not that there was never any room, but maybe not with healthcare workers being laid off and hospitals going under.

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2020, 05:42:01 PM »
They were open and busy in Allegheny county,so its a regional thing. But you just don't want to hear that do you?
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline ChrisFZ1

• This space for sale.
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 05:43:24 PM »
They were open and busy in Allegheny county,so its a regional thing. But you just don't want to hear that do you?

So, it's not a one-size-fits-all?

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2020, 06:03:28 PM »
People are making the assumption that because they didn't get hit in the first wave they won't at all. Yet areas that were clear are seeing a spike ( some areas not everywhere) but its hitting. The spread isn't  linear, I forsee a strong second wave in more rural areas simply because the infected from the more urban areas will inadvertently spread it there as things open. I also in the past week have witness in person what self centered asshats many people are. If anyone thinks they can trust folks to wash hands or wear a mask,you need to get out more and get a dose of reality.
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline ChrisFZ1

• This space for sale.
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2020, 06:25:13 PM »
There's always a second round in a pandemic. Staying home just prolongs it.

Remember this?

We did this to flatten the curve, to prevent health care form being over run, which has more than been accomplished. Other than a few hotspots, it never even came close, because the models were way off.

Notice, the lockdowns EXTEND the pandemic and may actually INCREASE the numbers who can get covid. But you don't want to hear that, amiright?

« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 06:45:59 PM by ChrisFZ1 »

Online thatguy

• Motorcycles: a few
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2020, 08:26:43 PM »
I believe complacency will make the second wave pretty nasty. I'm just hoping my luck holds out. I've been working the whole time so until it's shopping time my life is pretty much the same as it was.

And it'll be a couple years before this fades enough (if it does) to consider it over.
sometimes WTF is the appropriate answer

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2020, 10:27:38 PM »

Reason. It's a dying art.

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2020, 10:28:59 PM »
I believe complacency will make the second wave pretty nasty. I'm just hoping my luck holds out. I've been working the whole time so until it's shopping time my life is pretty much the same as it was.

And it'll be a couple years before this fades enough (if it does) to consider it over.

+10000000000000----->∞

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2020, 07:47:41 AM »
There's always a second round in a pandemic. Staying home just prolongs it.

Remember this?

We did this to flatten the curve, to prevent health care form being over run, which has more than been accomplished. Other than a few hotspots, it never even came close, because the models were way off.

Notice, the lockdowns EXTEND the pandemic and may actually INCREASE the numbers who can get covid. But you don't want to hear that, amiright?
Lets see,overwhelm the hospitals guaranteeing more deaths because they could not meet needs or spread it out and at least have a chance. You haven't figured that out yet? I never stated it was to save lives,but hey you want what you want........
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline ChrisFZ1

• This space for sale.
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2020, 08:10:03 AM »
You fart smellers can always stay home with the blinds drawn while the rest of us adapt and move on. That's called freedom.

Get over it. It's happening.

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2020, 08:11:45 AM »
Comment removed by me , I'll try to show dignity to all, even those who do not deserve it. Sorry to all for the blast :facepalm:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 12:44:33 PM by maddjack »
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline ChrisFZ1

• This space for sale.
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2020, 08:17:38 AM »
Okay, that's one for staying home while the nation moves on.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2020, 09:04:20 AM »

That.  Flattening the curve doesn't save lives, it simply keeps room in the ICU for those who need it.  It's gonna sweep through with the VAST majority of people not having major symptoms.  All "flattening the curve" does is spread out the infection rates so the hospitals can handle those who are in trouble from it.  In West Michigan those numbers are currently very low, but as mentioned, could rise again once we begin to open up a bit.  That is to be expected (and it won't be a surprise nor a "I told you so" moment), because we simply cannot stay hunkered down and quarantined forever.

FYI a real vaccine gives a weakened or dead virus so YOUR body can react to it and achieve immunity.  If you get antibodies it can help you defeat the virus but you don't get immunity from that.

A very simple way to think about it:
Think of an antibody as the laser designator- it marks the virus for destruction.  A type of lymphocyte is like the bomb- it comes in and destroys the viruses marked by the antibodies.  If YOU made your own antibodies, and have immunity.  If you get antibodies from somewhere else (like how we treat rabies in humans) your body will kill the virus, but you don't have immunity.
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2020, 09:07:05 AM »
Yo Jack, you need to get out for a ride and chill, Dude.  I rode into work for a few hours yesterday to close out a project.  I’m still working part time, very part time.  I found out the Versys will power wheelie in 3rd gear in ROAD mode.  The front only comes up a few inches; just enough to let you know it happened.  My point is  I agree there are a lot of us who are obeying the stay at home order (I carry a letter identifying me as an essential worker; not that anyone is checking) who aren’t afraid to go outside. 

Let’s get smart people.   There is only one way we are going to beat this thing. 

There is going to be some economic hardship in the meantime.  This is war, remember, and that is what happens in war.  People suffer and die.  We will survive.   

Granted, the Administrative strategy is disjointed (to say it tactfully).  We should be using a zoned approach.  We need to give the medical profession some time to react.  Then we can open back up.

Because sooner or later, we’re all going to get it.  Then it will be over.

In the meantime, I’m looking forward to drinking a beer with both you knuckleheads.
"The mistake you cannot make is to judge the past through the eyes of the present.  Judge the past on its own terms."  
João Zilhão on the Assimilation Model of Human Origin

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2020, 09:10:23 AM »
Yo Jack, you need to get out for a ride and chill, Dude.
Because sooner or later, we’re all going to get it.  Then it will be over.

In the meantime, I’m looking forward to drinking a beer with both you knuckleheads.
  Naw, I am just tired of the idiots who want to force their will and ideas on everyone else. Besides there nowhere really to ride much, nowhere to stop, nowhere to eat, boring ride around rides unless I pack a lunch. And with the Shitshow I have been dealing with, I have ZERO dis ire to ride right now.Not afraid, not worried, just , don't care.
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2020, 09:12:28 AM »
says,

Flattening the curve doesn't save lives, it simply keeps room in the ICU for those who need it.  It's gonna sweep through with the VAST majority of people not having major symptoms.  All "flattening the curve" does is spread out the infection rates so the hospitals can handle those who are in trouble from it.  In West Michigan those numbers are currently very low, but as mentioned, could rise again once we begin to open up a bit.  That is to be expected (and it won't be a surprise nor a "I told you so" moment), because we simply cannot stay hunkered down and quarantined forever.

I agree we need to open up, its here to stay. Its just going to be a bitch  for us all.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 04:15:19 PM by CLAY »
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline minimac

• Practicing Neanderthal, Nuclear Nomad
  • Motorcycles: GL1500A, Silverwing, ̶M̶a̶j̶e̶s̶t̶y̶, Morphous
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2020, 09:17:07 AM »
Did your mother have any children who lived Chris?You are a bigoted brain dead individual who immediately thinks everyone who isnt you is afraid ,trust me I am not. Hopefully youll catch the virus and die and I don't care who likes or dislikes that statement. Fuck em

Now you sound just as bad as the guy that rants about the squids and hopes they crash and die. Anyone that doesn't agree with you, or share your view,  is... nevermind.  This is derailed enough.
 It's time for a  few who can't seem to hold a decent discourse without getting their panties in a bunch, to serve some time out, relax, and chill.
old enough to know better

Offline Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2020, 09:18:42 AM »
I declare it over...so where is the National Meet this year.

Nevermind, I forgot this isn't a motorcycle forum.

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2020, 09:19:22 AM »
Did your mother have any children who lived Chris?You are a bigoted brain dead individual who immediately thinks everyone who isnt you is afraid ,trust me I am not. Hopefully youll catch the virus and die and I don't care who likes or dislikes that statement. Fuck em

Now you sound just as bad as the guy that rants about the squids and hopes they crash and die. Anyone that doesn't agree with you, or share your view,  is... nevermind.  This is derailed enough.
 It's time for a  few who can't seem to hold a decent discourse without getting their panties in a bunch, to serve some time out, relax, and chill.
true but I have my limits
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2020, 09:19:50 AM »

Hell
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2020, 09:21:39 AM »
meanwhile out here in the sticks I'll be going for a ride and stopping for a cheeseburger... enjoy your day  ;) ;D
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Offline Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2020, 09:24:01 AM »
Exactly.  Other than working from home (I hope to never go back)  It seems to be business as usual here.  Sure some stores are closed but we have so few stores you would ever go into I haven't really noticed.

Offline mr.awesome

• Motorcycles: 04 Triumph Sprint ST, 03 Kawazuki KLX400SR-SM, 99 Yamaha TW200
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2020, 09:32:23 AM »

Hell

Your coming to my neck of the woods?  :firedevil:
https://www.michigan.org/article/trip-idea/things-do-hell-michigan-ultimate-pure-michigan-guide

Do we even hold a national meet anymore?

Offline ChrisFZ1

• This space for sale.
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2020, 09:32:43 AM »
Madjack's limit is being called a fart smeller? Man, I wish I had his problems.

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2020, 09:35:35 AM »

Hell

Your coming to my neck of the woods?  :firedevil:
https://www.michigan.org/article/trip-idea/things-do-hell-michigan-ultimate-pure-michigan-guide

Do we even hold a national meet anymore?
I wish, those were fun, maybe next year if we can figure a location out.
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2020, 09:37:23 AM »
 :lol:
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2020, 09:58:07 AM »

Generally, I couldn't care less how people ride, other than they forcefully guarantee that I'm being judged by all the people they pissed off, just because I'm on two wheels. I can deal with that. It sucks, but hey, any group, organized or not, is going to have that.

But when a gaggle of them CHOOSE to blow through a red light and come within a cheapy $7 tape measure of cutting my truck in half at triple digits, yeah, I get pissed, and I make zero apologies for my reaction to that bullshit. This wasn't just a "oh, look at the squids" incident.

What I'm actually sorry for is all the people who sit back with "we all did that shit..." dismissal of just how bad that particular shit can be. No, we didn't all do THAT, and no, we didn't all do it in town.

So if that's what y'all see as what it takes to equate me this that fucking cro-magnon sociopathic douchebag, then I guess I'm hanging out with the wrong crowd. That for that, I am sorry... for wasting your time and mine. I actually really like(d?) some of you quite a bit.

Offline Black Hills

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2020, 10:08:24 AM »
aaannnddd   here we go again... I love this place!

shit, what was I again, Hamfisted fuckwit, or something like that?  ;D
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Online Patmo

• Motorcycles: 2007 FZ6, 2014 Ninja 650
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2020, 10:12:25 AM »
A few points to consider...

1). How ones views this pandemic is almost certainly effected by where one lives AND where they get their information.  If one lives in an area that has been hit hard and/or has people in their circle that have been infected with the virus, they are much more likely to be cautious and less likely to support rapid opening.  On the other hand, those that are in areas where it has not become a real threat and/or don’t know people that have become infected, they will most likely support support opening now. 

2). The infection rate of those tested varies WIDELY across the country.  Based on the tests given nationally the national rate of infection is right at 16%.  The 3 states with the most number of cases (New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts) however, have a much higher rate of positive test results.  New Jersey is above 40%!   On the other hand, the 10 states with the least number of positive tests have a rate that all together is only 3%!

The point I’m trying to make here is that there is no one size fits all response to this disease.  What works one place won’t necessarily work in another place.  What is needed in one place isn’t necessarily what is needed in another. 

So when Covid is over is probably also going to vary depending on where someone is and how they have personally been effected. Doesn’t matter what side of the debate you’re on. 

Offline ChrisFZ1

• This space for sale.
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2020, 10:14:51 AM »
Chornie, Cro-magnon were modern humans. Duh. Perhaps you meant neanderthals?

Offline ChrisFZ1

• This space for sale.
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2020, 10:18:49 AM »
"The point I’m trying to make here is that there is no one size fits all response to this disease.  What works one place won’t necessarily work in another place.  What is needed in one place isn’t necessarily what is needed in another."

Welcome to the Cro-magnon sociopath douchebag I hope you die club.

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2020, 10:23:24 AM »

I didn't call you that, but I giggled at the term. Nothing to do with you. It's a pretty funny moniker. :)

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2020, 10:33:36 AM »

The point I’m trying to make here is that there is no one size fits all response to this disease.  What works one place won’t necessarily work in another place.  What is needed in one place isn’t necessarily what is needed in another. 

Don’t go bringing common sense into a discussion with a bunch of hamfisted fuckwits on the internet.

I love this place. 💕
"The mistake you cannot make is to judge the past through the eyes of the present.  Judge the past on its own terms."  
João Zilhão on the Assimilation Model of Human Origin

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Offline Black Hills

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2020, 10:34:26 AM »

I didn't call you that, but I giggled at the term. Nothing to do with you. It's a pretty funny moniker. :)

If you knew me better you would have... ;)

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2020, 10:45:21 AM »

Don’t go bringing common sense into a discussion with a bunch of hamfisted fuckwits on the internet.

I love this place. 💕

QFT. I need more popcorn since this thread started....
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2020, 10:46:00 AM »

It's his signature line....
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Online Mrs. DantesDame

• Super Moderator
  • Getting too old for this crap
    • DantesDame's Adventures
  • Motorcycles: -14 BMW F800 GSA
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2020, 11:22:17 AM »
You fart smellers can always stay home with the blinds drawn while the rest of us adapt and move on. That's called freedom.

Get over it. It's happening.

I have this wonderful image in my head of an old-school medieval castle. Those who are willing to self-isolate sit in their towers and watch the "others" roam around the fields. Eventually, those roaming in the fields all die and the rest of society moves on....

Enjoy your freedom!
www.Dantesdame.com <-- Rides! Rides! Rides!