Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Competition Accessories  (Read 5230 times)

Offline FJR1300

• Administrator
  • Motorcycles: None
Competition Accessories
« on: January 23, 2014, 01:55:50 AM »
Has anyone ever order from Competition Accessories? I used to buy a lot from them, but this last order has been a nightmare. I ordered the Firstgear HT Overpant in a size 32. They shipped the HT Air Overpant. I didn't complain about it costing me $20 out of my own pocket to send it back because I discovered I really needed a size 34.

I just got an email showing they had processed the return and they were shipping me out a size 34, but they were once again shipping the HT Air Overpant and I want the HT Overpant. Completely different product.

Now it's going to be another $20 out of my own pocket to send it back and a total of three weeks to get the item I wanted.

At this point I doubt I will ever buy from them again.

I am curious if I'm just experiencing a one time bad customer service experience or if they are completely incompetent 

Offline Moto-Angler

• aka 1000lbs
  • Motorcycles: '12 Street Triple R, '12 CBR250R, '08 WR250R
Re: Competition Accessories
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 02:09:09 AM »
I just received my handguards from them today.  No problems with this order, or orders in the past.  CompAcc is not my first web stop, but I've ordered from them multiple times.  Never had any issues with inaccurate deliveries.  Never had to deal with the return process, so no experience with them there.

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 03:23:52 AM »
In processing the return, even if policy states you're responsible for return shipping, I'd ask for a refund for shipping on the second wrong product fulfillment.
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Offline Moto Morphin Power Ranger

• Ottenere una moto vera
  • Motorcycles: 2009 Moto-Guzzi Griso 8V, 1978 Yamaha XS1100
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 05:12:59 AM »
call and tell them they f*@%ed again and ask them why you need to shell out for their mistake. I get a lot better results when I call a place and they have to say no to my ear.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The humiliation I suffered that day will not go unpunished. My pain is the bubbling cauldron of molten steel that will forge the saber of your demise. I shall not be denied my vengeance Haa Ha Ha HaaHa Ha Ha Ha

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 06:57:29 AM »
I've never had an issue with them.  I've only ordered tires from them though.  They are consistently the cheapest.  I've ordered after 4pm and they were sitting on my doorstep before lunch the next day. 

Offline FJR1300

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 07:08:19 AM »
I've never had a problem with them either, but I also haven't ordered from them in at least five years. I just wondered if they were starting to fall apart. Most of the reviews are good, but I thought I would ask our group here to see if anyone else has also had an issue.

I have a meeting scheduled for the time their customer service group opens, but as soon as I'm out of my meeting I'll be following up with a phone call.

Honestly what pisses me off more than anything is not having the gear so I can ride this weekend.

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 07:10:11 AM »
Yeah, I think a phone call is the way to go. 

I'm sure they'll resolve it once you actually talk to someone.

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
  • Motorcycles: 04 FJR, 06 Speed triple, 88 EX500, 05 YZ250, 91 KX500
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 08:29:48 AM »

Honestly what pisses me off more than anything is not having the gear so I can ride this weekend.

Don't you still have a leather suit sitting around someware.
At the risk of encouraging him, I agree with Cookie.   "Bomber"

Every day is my birthday

Offline rgbeard

• Motorcycles: '01 Triumph Speed Triple, '03 GSXR 1000
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 08:40:35 AM »
This thread could be titled:  why to order from NewEnough.com vs. others.

(I know, they have some other name now.)

They're quick to pay for return shipping, and give additional 10%-off coupons if they err.
IBA: 63413

Offline marc11

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 08:45:07 AM »
When it comes to gear its New Enough or Revzilla FTW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

2014 R1200RT
2002 XR400

Offline bomber

• Rough, grooved surface
  • Motorcycles: some
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 09:11:12 AM »
Like others, my tires-only oerder from these guys have always shipped quickly and accurately .. . . I second (thrisd) the suggestion to call 'em, and, perhaps, order over teh phone in the future?
We had two bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 09:11:56 AM »
Has anyone ever order from Competition Accessories? I used to buy a lot from them, but this last order has been a nightmare. I ordered the Firstgear HT Overpant in a size 32. They shipped the HT Air Overpant. I didn't complain about it costing me $20 out of my own pocket to send it back because I discovered I really needed a size 34.

I just got an email showing they had processed the return and they were shipping me out a size 34, but they were once again shipping the HT Air Overpant and I want the HT Overpant. Completely different product.

Now it's going to be another $20 out of my own pocket to send it back and a total of three weeks to get the item I wanted.

At this point I doubt I will ever buy from them again.

I am curious if I'm just experiencing a one time bad customer service experience or if they are completely incompetent

If you're not happy, hit me up on PM; I have some direct contacts who WILL fix your problem.
this signature on hold pending review

Offline FJR1300

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 09:17:38 AM »
New Enough did not have the pants and jacket that I wanted, otherwise I would have ordered from them. They are who I have been buying from instead of Competition Accessories.

Just got off the telephone and I have good news and bad news. They were able to cancel the incorrect order and the new order has the correct item. The bad news is they were able to cancel the incorrect order because they didn't complete the order process and it never went out yesterday, so that means no pants for this weekend and that means no riding.

Nobody is perfect, so I will give them a pass on this mistake. I think they could have offered to send the item next day so it would have arrived the same day the other item would have arrived if they hadn't made two mistakes in the order process.

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 09:23:40 AM »
You haz an email.

Offline FJR1300

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 09:26:03 AM »
perhaps, order over teh phone in the future?

Haha... I did that's why I don't understand how the order got screwed up. I even called about the return and I put on the note exactly what to exchange the item for and what size was needed.

They guy I actually talked to on the phone is the same one who sent me an email saying he had corrected the issue. He said he had no idea how the other girl screwed it up so bad.

Offline Royal Tiger

• Deutsche Rüstungs-Abteilung
  • Motorcycles: See Signature
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 10:24:41 AM »
I try and support brick and mortar whenever possible, and you usually have it that day.  The one on-line I wouldn't deal with again is Chaparral. 
~Dan

2013 Yamaha XT250 * 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 * 2007 BMW G650X XChallenge * 2005 BMW R1200ST * 2003 Yamaha PW80

Offline Stripes

• I'm On A Boat!
  • Motorcycles: Triumph
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 11:14:27 AM »
I try and support local brick and mortar whenever possible, and you usually have it that day.

+1
Hard work, pays off in the future. Laziness, pays off now.

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 11:20:32 AM »
Most of the big online places have a brick and mortar store somewhere. 

It's all online in these parts unless you want to drive all day to get to a store that actually has anything in stock.

Offline Stripes

• I'm On A Boat!
  • Motorcycles: Triumph
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 11:22:50 AM »
It's all online in these parts unless you want to drive all day to get to a store that actually has anything in stock.

Fortunately I don't have to go very far for any brick & mortar stores. I only buy online if the local peeps don't have or can't get what I'm looking for.
Hard work, pays off in the future. Laziness, pays off now.

Online BuckeyeRider

• Not all who wander are lost.
  • Motorcycles: A Little 'Un
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 02:38:19 PM »
I try and support brick and mortar whenever possible, and you usually have it that day.  The one on-line I wouldn't deal with again is Chaparral.

I've been to the original store in Springfield, OH (bought my boots there), but I see from their website that the original store is no longer associated with the online operation, which is now in Rock Hill, SC...

The old Competition Accessories Motorcycle & ATV Superstore in Springfield, Ohio has been serving local riders since 1993. The store is a full line franchised Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Ducati dealer offering sales and service on these and other models.  The Ohio retail store is owned and operated by ride motorcycles inc. and is no longer connected to www.compacc.com or the South Carolina catalog outlet store.  They also offer a large selection of aftermarket parts and accessories displayed in an award winning store design. If you are in the central Ohio area be sure to stop in to check out the new and used Motorcycles, ATVs and Scooters. (Note: prices and selection at this location will not match the pricing and products posted internet, catalogs and magazine ads.)  for all Aftermarket Parts and Accessories use www.compacc.com for your orders.

Offline FJR1300

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 03:57:33 PM »
Thanks to our buddy Chris, I had a good email exchange with someone in the office.

He said he took care of a few problems and he said they threw in something extra for my troubles. I will update this post next week after the new merchandise arrives.

As far as local, not a chance. The ONLY local dealer carries a very limited stock. His standard response is he can order in anything I want, but I have to prepay for it and if I return it there is a restocking fee.

Uh... no thanks.

If I want to order something, I will do it from an online vendor I am comfortable with and will go somewhere is if I am not satisfied.

Offline doc4216

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Roxy....R1200RS
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 04:09:11 PM »
I have met had an issue with compacc. They have always had good customer service for me and quick delivery. I hope your next order goes smoother
A straight road never made a skilled rider.

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 04:16:04 PM »
Thanks to our buddy Chris, I had a good email exchange with someone in the office.

He said he took care of a few problems and he said they threw in something extra for my troubles. I will update this post next week after the new merchandise arrives.

As far as local, not a chance. The ONLY local dealer carries a very limited stock. His standard response is he can order in anything I want, but I have to prepay for it and if I return it there is a restocking fee.

Uh... no thanks.

If I want to order something, I will do it from an online vendor I am comfortable with and will go somewhere is if I am not satisfied.

To be fair, he's not just "a" guy... He's "the" guy. R is the product manager, full line. It pays to have an inside guy. ;)

I'll be doing another gear review for them, soon. :thumbsup: