Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How about a conspiracy theory thread?  (Read 3290 times)

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
Re: How about a conspiracy theory thread?
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2020, 02:24:11 PM »
we hire a company to inspect approx 3,500 pole per year.

I didn't know that many Polish people visited South Dakota annually.   ;D

It took me awhile to figure that one out.

This might be difficult to believe, but you're not the first person to tell me that.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.  --Winnie the Pooh

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2020, 09:17:46 AM »
Hmm  ...  Black Hills perhaps answered Skee's observation about why we have the HB1 visa. Everyone wants the good pay but no one wants to put in the effort.

IBM was outed for failing to hire locals (where there was a good pool of people wanting work) and abusing H1B by cycling through 3 "flights" of H1B hires, rotating them to company housing out of the country until the clock ran down and they could get another one, and rotating in another flight of H1B from said housing.

Online stevent

• Motorcycles: 2010 K1300GT
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2020, 01:21:04 PM »
Microsquish seems to be doing the same thing here. Huge influx of Indian and Pakistani tech works for the last few years. while Amazon seems to be hiring local for their distribution center and working them like dogs.

The City of Redmond where Microsoft is located has virtually transformed itself into a Middle Eastern enclave, which of course means excellent restaurants and beautiful women.... So not really a bad thing, except they drive like shit.
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a hens arse?"

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2020, 01:53:10 PM »
Every American thinks they're worth $200/hr regardless of experience, skills, and attitudes. Or at least "5 times as much as dem ferners!"

Someone working on a visa or recently-naturalized citizens may do a bang up job with a very eager and appreciative attitude for way less.

Businesses would be stupid to not consider the bottom line, EVERY other factor aside.... including place-of-birth loyalty. It's just economics. And boards of directors' wishes. :shrug:
this signature on hold pending review

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2020, 09:28:54 AM »
Every American thinks they're worth $200/hr regardless of experience, skills, and attitudes. Or at least "5 times as much as dem ferners!"

Someone working on a visa or recently-naturalized citizens may do a bang up job with a very eager and appreciative attitude for way less.

Businesses would be stupid to not consider the bottom line, EVERY other factor aside.... including place-of-birth loyalty. It's just economics. And boards of directors' wishes. :shrug:

Absolutely but abuse of H1B is different from that.

Offline ChrisFZ1

• This space for sale.
  • Motorcycles: '19 Tracer 900
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2020, 09:54:00 AM »

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2020, 07:18:30 PM »
I don't even know what he's trying to say.

Offline ChrisFZ1

• This space for sale.
  • Motorcycles: '19 Tracer 900
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2020, 08:00:44 PM »
I interpreted it as some far leftist angry at beach goers (because of covid 19) and capitalism. He doesn't see any reason to go to the beach, so why should you? Only shallow capitalists go to the beach.  Be deep and have substance, stay home.

Offline thatguy

• Motorcycles: a few
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2020, 09:18:50 PM »

Uhmmmm...........errrrrrrr............ah shut the fuck up.
sometimes WTF is the appropriate answer

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2020, 09:32:23 PM »
Beaches aren't all that interesting to me, but I can appreciate that some people find them fun.  Fun has it's own inherent reward.  If that guy's for real, he really needs to take a breather.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.  --Winnie the Pooh

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2020, 09:44:26 PM »

Absolutely but abuse of H1B is different from that.

Oh, absolutely. I was, of course, referring to fully above-board practices all around.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2020, 04:20:55 PM »
Beaches aren't all that interesting to me, but I can appreciate that some people find them fun.  Fun has it's own inherent reward.  If that guy's for real, he really needs to take a breather.

I really enjoy the beach. 

Edited to add:  Actually the more I think about it I might just enjoy drinking near water.   :shrug:
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Online coho

• Contributor
  • Probably not wearing pants.
  • Motorcycles: R1100RT (Gentleman's Express) - StFU200 (The Dumbbike) - Guzzi V7II (Tiny Musclecar)
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2020, 05:37:24 PM »

Edited to add:  Actually the more I think about it I might just enjoy drinking near water.   :shrug:

Sure beats drinking near beer.  :beerchug:
If it weren't for the therapeutic properties of the occasional off-camber decreasing radius downhill right-hander I'd almost certainly go completely sane.

"I like the beverages."  -CLAY

Online stevent

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2020, 05:50:58 PM »

That's my happy place, that and driving on the beach, not at the same time though.
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a hens arse?"

Online radon222

• Contributor
  • It's all Scratch's fault
  • Motorcycles: R1200GSAW, R1200RT
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2020, 07:16:14 AM »
I'm just gonna sit here quietly about beaches.  Considering that one of the things I do at work, is build 'em   :P

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2020, 08:01:12 AM »
back in my construction days we built a beach once, it was harder than it looks.
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: 2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 - ORANGE!!!!
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2020, 08:03:06 AM »
I only like interesting beaches.  Sitting in the sand with the sun blaring on me has zero appeal.  I like rocky beaches with massive trees washed up on them.  I like big surf like Wiamea in the winter.  I liked Shi Shi beach cuz you had to work to get there AND it was super interesting.  I liked the beach on the lake at painted rock nat'l lakeshore because there were waves...on a lake. 

The idea of a bunch of barely clothed people who should really be wearing clothes covered in oil and sand in very close proximity to one another for no apparent reason just baffles me.  And ew.
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2020, 08:29:17 AM »
ya.... ;)
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2020, 10:12:42 AM »
I only like interesting beaches.  Sitting in the sand with the sun blaring on me has zero appeal.  I like rocky beaches with massive trees washed up on them.  I like big surf like Wiamea in the winter.  I liked Shi Shi beach cuz you had to work to get there AND it was super interesting.  I liked the beach on the lake at painted rock nat'l lakeshore because there were waves...on a lake. 

The idea of a bunch of barely clothed people who should really be wearing clothes covered in oil and sand in very close proximity to one another for no apparent reason just baffles me.  And ew.

That's kinda how I see it--if I'm gonna sit there and not do anything, I can be far more comfortable in the easy chair in my study than at a beach.  But the beachy people I know only want to lay in the sun and get skin cancer.  I prefer something to do, but nobody I know wants to actually do anything while at the beach. 

But as I prefaced my earlier comment, I do appreciate that folks get enjoyment out of things that don't entice me.  And the beachy people I know don't ride motorcycles, so the feelings are reciprocated. 

Online radon222

• Contributor
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2020, 10:26:03 AM »

It was always fun coming from a 2-week work rotation on a beach job,  then my wife getting pissed cause I didn't want to go the beach on my first day off  :nuts:

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2020, 11:20:39 AM »
Masks and job loss are apparently how the government is controlling everyone.

The stupid makes my brain hurt.  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Online stevent

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2020, 11:31:35 AM »

The beaches here are cold and windy with Northern Pacific water temps averaging around 50*. Toss in the riptides and rolling logs etc and nobody with any sense is going in there. Nice to look at though. When I was homeported in Norfolk we used to go to Virginia Beach and do the sun tan / chase women thing though, a pleasant enough way to spend the day ….   ;)

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2020, 04:49:51 PM »
Chinese are planting murder hornets in export shipments to destroy US agriculture business.

'Murder Hornets' Have Officially Been Spotted in The US. Here's What You Need to Know

OK, I admit this theory is a hoax.   They were actually sent by Papa,

I sent a box of "murder hornets" to the US. You lot seem to be slacking. Don't bother to thank me.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:23:30 PM by Skee »
"The mistake you cannot make is to judge the past through the eyes of the present.  Judge the past on its own terms."  
João Zilhão on the Assimilation Model of Human Origin

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Offline thatguy

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2020, 05:47:47 PM »
We have giant hornets around here and have for as long as I can remember. They're big dumb fuckers but very docile and mellow. About the size of your thumb and loud. They come in the garage during summer at night and fly into the fluorescent light bulbs....DINK>>>>>DINK>>>>>>>DINK. I was sitting outside smoking a stogie and one landed on my thigh. Scared the shit outta me. That sucker had more mass than any insect I've ever felt. it crawled around for 10-20 seconds (seemed like an hour-I'm allergic) and flew off into the darkness.

In reality it's just an Agriculture department experiment to rid us of the killer bees that have been menacing since the late '70s.

Offline thatguy

Offline bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • Motorcycles: 03 SV1000s, 08 ZG1400
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2020, 07:00:27 PM »
A conspiracy to orchestrate defenestration doesn't make sense in a oligarchical system.  Why would a poltical administration facilitate the removal of scientific leadership during a pandemic?  Not because medicine isn't a true science?  That doesn't make sense.  O, wait!   Nevermind.
"The mistake you cannot make is to judge the past through the eyes of the present.  Judge the past on its own terms."  

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Online st2sam

• Motorcycles: 2014 Valkyrie 1993 Ducati 907ie
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2020, 08:45:40 PM »
She's a big girl, but boy can she dance.

"Traffic was thick as NRA members at an ammo sale." - Sleazy Rider

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2020, 07:37:18 AM »

BBC News    https://apple.news/AKiGmgrDJSnWRxTjGoLf8xA

The fatal shooting of a Chinese-born coronavirus researcher on US soil has fuelled conspiracy theories around the world.
Bing Liu, a 37-year-old assistant professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, was found dead in his house on Saturday.
Colleagues said he was close to making "significant findings" on his studies of Covid-19, sparking online speculation it was an assassination.
But police say it was a murder-suicide.

In a statement, Liu's colleagues describe him as an outstanding researcher who "was on the verge of making very significant findings" towards understanding the cellular mechanisms of Covid-19 infection.

"Oh my god," a user on the Chinese social media platform Weibo wrote. "This seems like coming straight out of Mission Impossible. Perhaps he found out that the virus originated from an American lab."
Many similar comments suggested Liu was killed because he was supposedly about to unravel the mystery of coronavirus' origin.
Chinese officials and state media had previously promoted a baseless claim that the virus originated in the US and was brought to Wuhan by American soldiers.
Some Weibo users said the case "seems too coincidental".
"A very unusual case. There are likely secrets hidden in the dark," one remark read.

Offline minimac

• Practicing Neanderthal, Nuclear Nomad
  • Motorcycles: GL1500A, Silverwing, ̶M̶a̶j̶e̶s̶t̶y̶, Morphous
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2020, 08:41:08 AM »

The fatal shooting of a Chinese-born coronavirus researcher on US soil has fuelled conspiracy theories around the world.
Bing Liu, a 37-year-old assistant professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, was found dead in his house on Saturday.
Colleagues said he was close to making "significant findings" on his studies of Covid-19, sparking online speculation it was an assassination.

In a statement, Liu's colleagues describe him as an outstanding researcher who "was on the verge of making very significant findings" towards understanding the cellular mechanisms of Covid-19 infection.

"Oh my god," a user on the Chinese social media platform Weibo wrote. "This seems like coming straight out of Mission Impossible. Perhaps he found out that the virus originated from an American lab."
Many similar comments suggested Liu was killed because he was supposedly about to unravel the mystery of coronavirus' origin.
Chinese officials and state media had previously promoted a baseless claim that the virus originated in the US and was brought to Wuhan by American soldiers.
"A very unusual case. There are likely secrets hidden in the dark," one remark read.

Bill Gates, in cahoots with the Clinton Foundation.....
old enough to know better

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2020, 09:17:29 AM »

Jack Ma.

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2020, 11:42:59 AM »
The stupid hurts. It burns.

Online stevent

« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2020, 01:52:55 PM »

Part of their one world gub'ment plan to depopulate areas too poor to buy their products. They plan to remove excess populations through vaccination for corvid. They only need enough to work the mines and other grunt work.

Offline minimac

• Practicing Neanderthal, Nuclear Nomad
  • Motorcycles: GL1500A, Silverwing, ̶M̶a̶j̶e̶s̶t̶y̶, Morphous
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2020, 02:22:18 PM »
Quote from: Skee link=topic=6622.msg20057
Jack Ma.

Yeah, I forgot about him. Good catch!  ;)
old enough to know better

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2020, 07:56:17 AM »
During this pandemic the US military released video of encounters with UFO'S ,that few took notice of. Was the world wide stay at home order a way to keep everyone indoors away from more remote areas where the first landings of the new world masters were taking place??
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Online stevent

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2020, 12:28:33 PM »
During this pandemic the US military released video of encounters with UFO'S ,that few took notice of. Was the world wide stay at home order a way to keep everyone indoors away from more remote areas where the first landings of the new world masters were taking place??

Oooo, that's a good one! That's a solid tin foil hat theory if I ever saw it.

:tinfoil: :tinfoil:

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2020, 09:49:47 AM »

I think I remember that episode. "To Serve Man", right?

Online miles

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Two of them
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2020, 10:30:36 PM »
It’s all a plot.
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2020, 08:57:15 AM »
Out.
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2020, 09:52:35 PM »
COVID-19 transmission could be prevented by mouthwash, study suggests.

Read in Fox News: https://apple.news/AUgGaXJHjTvqihLt2IPx8lg

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2020, 07:18:23 PM »
Conspiracy Theorists Have a Fundamental Cognitive Problem

But as scientists report in a 2017 paper published in the European Journal of Social Psychology, sometimes people sense danger even when there is no pattern to recognize — and so their brains create their own. This phenomenon, called illusory pattern perception, they write, is what drives people who believe in conspiracy theories, like climate change deniers, 9/11 truthers, and “Pizzagate” believers.

The study is especially timely; recent polls suggest that nearly 50 percent of ordinary, non-pathological Americans believe in at least one conspiracy theory.

Hey, so like believing this stuff is normal!

Online stevent

« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2020, 02:45:51 PM »
Anyone notice how Subway shops are all over the place? At just about every gas station and truck stop along all major interstate routes. And Bill Gates owns a share in Subway, just think how easy it would be to spread a virus using Subway, with virus containing microchips embedded in the bread. All you would need would be a electronic satellite pulse to activate the microchips and release the virus.

Interestingly enough, no one I know eats Subway, and no one has the corona, coincidence?

Online radon222

• Contributor
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2020, 03:20:17 PM »
Anyone notice how Subway shops are all over the place? At just about every gas station and truck stop along all major interstate routes. And Bill Gates owns a share in Subway, just think how easy it would be to spread a virus using Subway, with virus containing microchips embedded in the bread. All you would need would be a electronic satellite pulse to activate the microchips and release the virus.

Interestingly enough, no one I know eats Subway, and no one has the corona, coincidence?

They have inexplicably just removed Roast Beef and Rotisserie Chicken from the menu. Very suspicious.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2020, 08:02:48 PM »
Now that you point it out, there used to be subway near here, but it closed, and now Covid cases are decreasing in our area.

Online stevent

« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2020, 04:51:58 PM »

They have inexplicably just removed Roast Beef and Rotisserie Chicken from the menu. Very suspicious.

What kind of sandwich shop doesn't have roast beef? it's downright un American. Combined with Skee's evidence below I think we can move this from the "Theory" side to the "definite possibility side".....

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2020, 09:43:37 AM »
Switch to grilled and seasoned tofu. It's better for you anyway.

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2020, 11:44:42 AM »
Switch to grilled and seasoned tofu. It's better for you anyway.

It will cleanse your entire GI system!
:hurl:
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison”
“His gaze was stern, unyielding, like an Easter Island head stuck in traffic” - Dylan Moran

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2020, 11:52:23 AM »
Tofu is the gateway food to soylent green.

Online melville

• Motorcycles: R75/6, Yamaha 850 (very) Special
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2020, 02:41:57 PM »
Tofu is the gateway food to soylent green.

My gal has a scoop of this in her smoothie most mornings:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I think she was unaware of Soylent Green. 
Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would ride about a little and see the other parts of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.

Online coho

• Contributor
  • Probably not wearing pants.
  • Motorcycles: R1100RT (Gentleman's Express) - StFU200 (The Dumbbike) - Guzzi V7II (Tiny Musclecar)
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2020, 04:58:08 PM »
It's people, you know.
If it weren't for the therapeutic properties of the occasional off-camber decreasing radius downhill right-hander I'd almost certainly go completely sane.

"I like the beverages."  -CLAY