Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another Road Rage Video  (Read 9393 times)

Offline SuperHans

• Contributor
Another Road Rage Video
« on: January 22, 2014, 09:42:47 AM »

Offline Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
Re: Another Road Rage Video
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 09:53:12 AM »
They seemed nice.

Typical VW driver.   :facepalm:

Offline Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 10:25:27 AM »
wow! some people are much better at the turn the other cheek thing than I am. Pretty sure at that point one of us would have been laying on the pavement when the other drove away.
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
  • Motorcycles: 2013 Kawasaki Concours, 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1989 Honda Transalp
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 11:54:11 AM »
Helmet off and into the teeth.

Carl
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 No matter where you go, there you are.

Offline st2sam

• Motorcycles: 2014 Valkyrie 1993 Ducati 907ie
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 12:05:06 PM »
WTF?  Help me out here?
You better check yourself?
Lady asked why the guy hit him?

Maybe he doesn't like Ducati's?
Meth?
She's a big girl, but boy can she dance.

"Traffic was thick as NRA members at an ammo sale." - Sleazy Rider

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 12:07:04 PM »
Looks like a 2-lane road full through (not 2 necking down to 1). Both pull quick from the line. VW is ticked, gets in front, stops, verbal and physical ?assault?. Two witnesses + video. Call police and meet that kid to have a chat.
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Offline Black Hills

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 12:52:28 PM »
Looks like a 2-lane road full through (not 2 necking down to 1). Both pull quick from the line. VW is ticked, gets in front, stops, verbal and physical ?assault?. Two witnesses + video. Call police and meet that kid to have a chat.

or hop off the bike, grab him by the throat, throw him on the ground landing with your knees on his shoulders, jack him a couple in the nose and then ask he would care to discuss the incident further. most likely he will be on his way.

disclaimer.. this behavior may result in several call from law enforcement, district attorney's, etc. so complications are a possibility. but, it makes you feel better and gets rid of hostility.
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Offline CosmicCowboy

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 12:56:54 PM »
Dude in the volkswagen appeared to be tiny. Maybe a case of little man syndrome?

Offline Black Hills

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 01:14:18 PM »
Dude in the volkswagen appeared to be tiny. Maybe a case of little man syndrome?

:thumbsup:

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
  • Motorcycles: Versys 650 Adventure
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 03:03:34 PM »

He was thuggin yo. Where I live those guys are a dime a dozen. Everybody is a bad ass and you are not allowed to protect yourself.  Could have something to do with it?
I don't know how to act my age, I have never been this old before.........
MR MOJO RISIN unscrambled spells JIM MORRISON

-

Offline Black Hills

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 03:40:42 PM »

He was thuggin yo. Where I live those guys are a dime a dozen. Everybody is a bad ass and you are not allowed to protect yourself.  Could have something to do with it?

I was pretty impressed with the cop last time I had to deal with an idiot like this. Unfortunately it was on video so the cop told me it fit the description of assault but he saw no reason to haul me in. The DA "investigated" it more than I thought necessary and then dropped the charges. It pays to be a good guy and stay out of trouble if you can, makes things a lot better for you when you do have to defend yourself. 12 witnesses interviewed and all said the same thing "Mike, he's the nicest guy in the place I 've never seen him cause trouble, the other guy deserved it" :)
I'm all for peace love and happiness man...

Offline coucours grad

• Motorcycles: 2008 ST1300 (faSTeST Red) 1992 Kawasaki Concours (RIP)
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 04:27:38 PM »
.45 pulled from tank bag when the door opened would have stopped it before it started...
Protect your right to keep and arm bears!

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 04:41:51 PM »
.45 pulled from tank bag when the door opened would have stopped it before it started...

Which wont happen in California and the guy in the VW knows it.

-

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
  • Nothing beats good line of sight
  • Motorcycles: 1999 VFR
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 07:10:14 PM »

Why not?
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 10:12:07 PM »

Why not?

Not a "Stand your ground" state  Also not a CCW friendly state
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 11:12:50 AM »

Why not?

It actually is a stand your ground state (surprised?) but having a firearm on you either loaded or with ammo in reach is 99% of the time illegal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

-

Offline R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 11:46:18 AM »
We have no clue what happened before this.  But, the little man in the golf is an idiot for stopping dead in traffic to confront the rider.

The last time a guy stopped in front of me, got out of his vehicle, and approached me like that was punched  square in the nose with my moto gloves on (with hard knuckle protection).  He dropped to the ground and I went on my merry way.

In short, this story was posted long ago on the “other” site and happened on a remote dual track road.  I came up a pickup going slow and couldn’t get around.  The truck stopped and the passenger got out to confront me on why I was following him and spying on him.  He laid hands on me first and I didn’t hesitate.  These were the gloves I was wearing at the time.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 11:49:23 AM »
Already red.  Good choice.  Covers the stains.   :bigok:
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Offline Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
  • Motorcycles: yes
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 02:14:52 PM »
Agreed on both counts. If this was in America instead of Cali, that man would have had a gun on him as soon as he came out of the car. Assuming I stopped. Even in Cali, laying on of hands means I ding you as hard as possible until you can't get up. What's he going to do, hit me in the helmet again? Duh.
LT
Great googly-moogly!

Offline CosmicCowboy

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 02:38:31 PM »
Agreed on both counts. If this was in America instead of Cali, that man would have had a gun on him as soon as he came out of the car. Assuming I stopped. Even in Cali, laying on of hands means I ding you as hard as possible until you can't get up. What's he going to do, hit me in the helmet again? Duh.
LT

Judging from his size compared to the VW, I'm a good foot taller than him. I wonder if he would have gone with the helmet slap (seriously, WTF?) if someone my size had stepped off the bike as he approached.

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 03:30:50 PM »
LT

I doubt I would have even stopped, I would have passed him again.  :D But even being in Ca, if I was cornered I would have put the bike on its kickstand and unzipped my tank bag.  ;) I mean the dude is posturing up and being aggressive, an LA cop would have just shot him, why cant I?  :D

BTW you guys might want to practice shooting with your riding gloves on, its not easy.

-

Offline Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 03:41:32 PM »
Doug, I had to go over the fence and re-read your confrontation story. FWIW, very appropriate response under the circumstances!

Just for completeness factor, I doubt this ass-muffin would have slapped me in the first place, for the same reason as Cosmic ie: i'm not exactly a little tiny guy. That said though, I'm not a fighter, and I DO rely on my equalizer. Because the reality is, I dont' have any idea if this dude is armed, an MMA wannabe, or just crazy enough to... oh, say stop in the middle of the friggen road and get physical after losing a stoplight drag...  Nothing balanced about this individual, and beyond being a douche, he was willing to lay his hands on another person for no provocation. That puts him in the category of a threat.

But I'm an armchair QB, so whatever.
LT
Great googly-moogly!

Offline R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 05:59:37 PM »
Doug, I had to go over the fence and re-read your confrontation story. FWIW, very appropriate response under the circumstances!

Wow, you actually found it over there?  It's an old story, your search powers are impressive.   :D

My encounter with that tweaker in the woods is what led me to obtain my CCP and have a CCW.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 06:01:58 PM »

Wow, you actually found it over there?  It's an old story, your search powers are impressive.   :D

My encounter with that tweaker in the woods is what led me to obtain my CCP and have a CCW.

Linky?  Now I'm curious.
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Offline Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 08:26:56 PM »

Linky?  Now I'm curious.

Ask and ye shall receive!
http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,32138.0.html
Great googly-moogly!

Offline CosmicCowboy

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 09:11:57 PM »
ust for completeness factor, I doubt this ass-muffin would have slapped me in the first place, for the same reason as Cosmic ie: i'm not exactly a little tiny guy. That said though, I'm not a fighter, and I DO rely on my equalizer. Because the reality is, I dont' have any idea if this dude is armed, an MMA wannabe,

If he was armed or MMA, he made a bad decision leading with a light slap and then leaving his front open. But, as you say, that's all arm chair quarterbacking.

Offline wibornz

• I will do that.
  • Motorcycles: Concours 14
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 09:35:08 PM »
These things just do not typically happen to me.  I might of had to run a 800 pound sport touring bike up over the top of him.
Wheelies are good for the soul.

Online coho

• Contributor
  • Probably not wearing pants.
  • Motorcycles: R1100RT (Gentleman's Express) - StFU200 (The Dumbbike) - Guzzi V7II (Tiny Musclecar)
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2014, 02:20:05 AM »
These things just do not typically happen to me.  I might of had to run a 800 pound sport touring bike up over the top of him.

Ted, you know as well as we do that you'd have just ridden away while he was unfolding the stepstool he'd have needed to reach your head.
:lol:
If it weren't for the therapeutic properties of the occasional off-camber decreasing radius downhill right-hander I'd almost certainly go completely sane.

"I like the beverages."  -CLAY

Offline Black Hills

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2014, 12:11:25 PM »
Wow, can't believe some of you think that is an appropriate threat to pull a gun? That is hardly a life threatening situation, good luck staying out of jail, a punch is about as far as you could go on what he did there?

Offline R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2014, 12:28:38 PM »
Wow, can't believe some of you think that is an appropriate threat to pull a gun? That is hardly a life threatening situation, good luck staying out of jail, a punch is about as far as you could go on what he did there?

:withstupid:

I carry for in the case something like that escalates. 

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2014, 03:37:54 PM »
+1 - if it were me, I'd not feel threatened (as video shows the full playout [easy to say after the fact]).

Video existing with two willing people who saw the issue*. I'd likely have pulled over with the other two, collected their contact info and called police - of so much as to give the guy a "formal" wake-up call - not wishing to push a ticket / let the officer decide.

* You know how you get to a point and CAN NOT FOR THE LIFE OF YOU remember some tidbit... the word "witness" took about 3 hours to pop out tonight...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 06:59:31 PM by Jim »
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Offline Black Hills

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2014, 04:44:36 PM »

:withstupid:

I carry for in the case something like that escalates.

Exactly, it had a ways to go before a gun was justified

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2014, 05:01:17 PM »

Exactly, it had a ways to go before a gun was justified

I'm sure that's what most of us think and feel but 10 to 1, homey in the VW would pop a cap in your ass if you stepped off your bike and tried to retaliate or even block his "bitch slap".

-

Offline Blunder

• Motorcycles: 01 Suzuki GSF1200S, '96 Isuzu Hondo (Chevy S-10 P/U)
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2014, 06:01:00 PM »
Why not?
It actually is a stand your ground state (surprised?) but having a firearm on you either loaded or with ammo in reach is 99% of the time illegal.
[/quote]

Both you and Andrew live in urban CA. Out where the hayshakers live a CCW is much easier to get and quite a few don't even bother or care.

Anyway, everything is on camera and there's a witness.
Torque is cheap.