Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: COVID-19 Video  (Read 52845 times)

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
Re: COVID-19 Video
« Reply #1350 on: January 12, 2021, 06:52:43 PM »
Ontario is going into lockdown on Thursday. It’s rampaging out of control.
Thanks ASSHOLES.
The modelling suggests ICU saturation by February.
 :burnout:
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison”
“His gaze was stern, unyielding, like an Easter Island head stuck in traffic” - Dylan Moran

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #1351 on: January 12, 2021, 10:16:57 PM »
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.    Bertrand Russell

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #1352 on: January 13, 2021, 03:12:49 AM »
I've not worked since November, after returning to health care after retirement last July, but will be getting the vaccine at the end of the month. I can then wait 3 weeks and help out in local psych hospitals-the number of staff sick with covid means some wards have no qualified nurses at present (I'm too old to go around lifting covid patients on medical wards-that's a young person's game). The situation in hospitals is dire.
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Online PatM

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RT
« Reply #1353 on: January 13, 2021, 08:44:31 AM »
I just read the triage guidelines if cases overwhelm the health care system in the province.
I wouldn't want to be the one who has to decide.  :-\

https://globalnews.ca/news/7572355/coronavirus-quebec-considering-nightmare-scenario-as-hospitals-approach-capacity/
Ride safe!

Offline Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
  • Motorcycles: 2008 Honda CBF1000A and 2004 BMW R1100S
« Reply #1354 on: January 13, 2021, 09:03:30 AM »
Maybe the anti-maskers can make the decision....
“Here, live with this job...you decide who lives and who dies”
My GPS just told me to turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left.
So if I go too far left do I end up right?

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1355 on: January 13, 2021, 10:41:08 AM »
bugger, a friend who is well past 60 has it.

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #1356 on: January 13, 2021, 10:45:17 AM »
A lot of that going around.
 :(
If you ignore it, it will not come.
Covid-19: Alabama crowds ignore coronavirus to celebrate championship https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55641084
“His gaze was stern, unyielding, like an Easter Island head stuck in traffic” - Dylan Moran

Online Mrs. DantesDame

• Super Moderator
  • Getting too old for this crap
    • DantesDame's Adventures
  • Motorcycles: -14 BMW F800 GSA
« Reply #1357 on: January 13, 2021, 01:01:41 PM »
I've not worked since November, after returning to health care after retirement last July, but will be getting the vaccine at the end of the month. I can then wait 3 weeks and help out in local psych hospitals-the number of staff sick with covid means some wards have no qualified nurses at present (I'm too old to go around lifting covid patients on medical wards-that's a young person's game). The situation in hospitals is dire.

You really are an angel, aren't you?  :inlove:
www.Dantesdame.com <-- Rides! Rides! Rides!

Online Mrs. DantesDame

• Super Moderator
« Reply #1358 on: January 13, 2021, 01:04:15 PM »
Switzerland's Federal government stepped in again, overruling the Cantons on restrictions. They have extended the current restrictions for another 5 weeks, until the end of February.

"Cases numbers are stagnating at a very high level and there is a risk that the new more infectious variants of the virus will lead to another rapid rise in cases. In view of the worrying epidemiological situation, the Federal Council decided to introduce further measures. It is extending the measures introduced in December by a further five weeks: restaurants, cultural venues, and sports and leisure facilities are to remain closed until the end of February. It is also introducing new measures to drastically reduce contact between people. From Monday, there will be a requirement to work from home, shops selling non-essential goods will be closed, stricter rules will apply to private events and gatherings, and measures to protect those at especially high risk will be strengthened in the workplace."

None of this really affects me. My local shops are open, I'm still working from home, and I have no plans to go to any events or gatherings. I guess I would like it if my gym opened back up, but I can live without that, too.

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #1359 on: January 13, 2021, 01:18:24 PM »
Ontario is going into lockdown on Thursday. It’s rampaging out of control.
Thanks ASSHOLES.
Could be worse , you could live in the USA, worst infection rate in the world along with its stellar death rate. Lots of anti maskers and deniers. I notice a certain loud mouth here has been silent, imagine that. :lamer:
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #1360 on: January 13, 2021, 02:57:04 PM »
While I haven’t looked at any data recently, I doubt USA is anywhere near worst in the world. 

Sadly, the situation here could be, and should be so much better here than it is. 

We blew it.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.    Bertrand Russell

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Online miles

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Two of them
« Reply #1361 on: January 13, 2021, 04:27:21 PM »
Realistically, there are a handful of countries that probably have higher mortality rates than the US, but those countries also have weak or non-existent reporting.  Countries such as Nigeria, Bangladesh, even India.

That said, we do seem to be at or near the top of the field among Western developed nations.
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #1362 on: January 13, 2021, 04:36:22 PM »
Realistically, there are a handful of countries that probably have higher mortality rates than the US, but those countries also have weak or non-existent reporting.  Countries such as Nigeria, Bangladesh, even India.

That said, we do seem to be at or near the top of the field among Western developed nations.

we number one in lots of things, murder for one. I think it's the people?
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Online PatM

• Contributor
« Reply #1363 on: January 13, 2021, 06:20:04 PM »
The latest numbers places the USA at over 7,000 per 100K. There are 6 countries with higher numbers per 100K.
Of those 6, 5 are small territories like Andorra, and the only large country being the Czech Republic at over 8,000 per 100K.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-maps-and-cases/

Ride safe!

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #1364 on: January 16, 2021, 01:25:14 PM »
Why Aren’t We Wearing Better Masks?
Cloth masks are better than nothing, but they were supposed to be a stopgap measure.

If you’re like most Americans, there’s a good chance you’re going to wear a cloth mask today. Doing so makes sense. It remains the official recommendation in the United States, and it is something we’ve both advocated since the beginning of the pandemic.

Cloth masks, especially homemade ones, were supposed to be a stopgap measure. Why are so many of us still wearing them?

Don’t get us wrong; everything we said about the efficacy of cloth masks stands the test of time. Wearing them is much better than wearing nothing. During those emergency conditions, something was much better than nothing. There are better possibilities now, but they require action and guidance by the authorities.

Even all cloth masks are not equal. Unlike cloth masks, medical-grade masks (also called respirators) that adhere to standards such as N95 (in the U.S.), FFP2 (in the European Union), and KN95 (in China) do a much better job of protecting the wearer and dampening transmission.

Tragically, America is swamped with fraudulent medical-grade masks, some of which are only 1 percent effective.

Not all countries have this problem.  If [other countries] can do this, why can’t we?

We need the CDC and the FDA to step up and provide simple, clear, actionable, and specific information that would allow the public to know which masks are reliable and where they can get them, as well as how to upgrade and better wear their existing options. 

I guess there is no profit to be had in safeguarding the public's health.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor

Offline Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #1366 on: January 17, 2021, 08:28:02 PM »
I would like a french vanilla on a cone, please hold the covad sprinkles

:redface:
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #1367 on: January 17, 2021, 09:01:58 PM »
Vaccine dose on shaved ice for me  :lol:

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1368 on: January 21, 2021, 12:41:13 PM »
Some good news from a friend:

"Thirteen days into having Coronavirus and I am feeling much better, the first four days were the worse with a really painful sore throat by day five the sore throat was much better, I have not had a cough a high temperature or difficulty breathing.
I started to be able to think more clearly by day eleven, the best description I read was brain fog, it was very hard to concentrate or think, by day 12 yesterday I was no longer feeling tired all the time.
Loz has been absolutely brilliant and does not appear to have caught it, but just to be on the safe side she has had a home test today.
I would like to thank everyone who has sent me a message, it means a lot.
See you when we are all allowed out to play again."

Me, I had my first vaccine today. Give it 3 weeks and I can go back onto the wards.

Offline Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #1369 on: January 21, 2021, 04:29:56 PM »
The bad news will continue for a while but the good news has started and hopefully it will soon start overtaking the bad.
Glad your situation is improved
My GPS just told me to turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left.

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
  • Yeah it's a girl's bike. THIS girl's bike.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
« Reply #1370 on: January 21, 2021, 04:50:56 PM »
My kids started hybrid learning this week.  Sprout is learning remotely in the morning and going to school with half his class in the afternoon, 5 days a week. Little Bit is in-person mornings Mondays and Wednesdays (kindergarten is half-days in my district). That one's a little tougher because there's no live instruction on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I have to monitor her to make sure she's doing the remote work then. Her whole class does live remote instruction on Fridays.
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Online PatM

• Contributor
« Reply #1371 on: January 21, 2021, 05:43:34 PM »
Yes, we're seeing the end of the tunnel. My father has been scheduled to get his first shot next week.
We should all be safe(r) next year and be able to meet our loved ones. That and travel too.
Ride safe!

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1372 on: January 22, 2021, 02:21:07 AM »
The bad news will continue for a while but the good news has started and hopefully it will soon start overtaking the bad.
Glad your situation is improved

not mine-a friend's situation

Offline biking sailor

• Motorcycles: A Griso, a few Yamahas, a BMW GS, and all subject to change!
« Reply #1373 on: January 22, 2021, 06:51:08 AM »
How many here are testing their oxygen levels regularly?

I heard about this about 9 months ago and bought a cheap device on Amazon. Seems to work pretty good, Debra and I are testing regularly.

Seems odd to me this is now just being reported as a good test measure.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55733527

Online radon222

• Contributor
  • It's all Scratch's fault
  • Motorcycles: R1200GSAW, R1200RT
« Reply #1374 on: January 22, 2021, 07:23:16 AM »
Portions of Virginia are moving into Phase 1b starting on Monday.  Based on the eligibility tool,  it looks like its a good thing that I never started the New Year's diet resolution.  My current weight distribution allows me to get in line.  ???

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #1375 on: January 22, 2021, 08:41:10 AM »
Our local county is receiving 5,000 doses of vaccine per week.  There are 250,000 people registered in categories 1a and 1b.  At the current rate of distribution, it will be April before we start 1c.  Some local dosing sites have temporarily closed because there are no doses available.  Unlike some areas, we have the infrastructure available to distribute, but no supplies.  According to our county health director this morning, there is no information on how many doses will be forthcoming or when to expect resupply to begin.  I recognize that we are turning the corner; hopefully some factual information about vaccine supply will be published in the near future.   >:(

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1376 on: January 22, 2021, 10:09:36 AM »

I heard about this about 9 months ago and bought a cheap device on Amazon. Seems to work pretty good, Debra and I are testing regularly.

done the same. a lot of people are going to hospital with oxygen levels far too low to save them. a cheap but decent oxymeter is a sensible buy right now.

Online TwistedT

• Contributor
  • Now with contribution!
  • Motorcycles: Yes, please.
« Reply #1377 on: January 22, 2021, 05:54:54 PM »

I bought one in March, The whole family uses it almost daily. It's kind of a fun thing, the one with the highest number wins.  :)
Why would I wait till I die to come alive?
I'm ready now
I'm not waiting for the afterlife

Offline Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #1378 on: January 22, 2021, 07:54:28 PM »
Seven billion people on the planet. Why would there be a supply problem?

Offline viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #1379 on: January 22, 2021, 09:36:25 PM »
My mother received her second vaccine shot on Wednesday.

I have no idea when they will even get to me. Under 65, no underlying conditions, and not 'essential'. Hmmmm... I guess that makes me 'expendable'.
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1380 on: January 23, 2021, 02:23:11 AM »

I have no idea when they will even get to me. Under 65, no underlying conditions, and not 'essential'. Hmmmm... I guess that makes me 'expendable'.

I think the US has just upped its game. :)

Online Mrs. DantesDame

• Super Moderator
« Reply #1381 on: January 23, 2021, 02:34:52 AM »

And a good thing, too!

Switzerland estimates that it will have vaccinated everyone here (who wants to be) by early June. Unfortunately, due to our cantonal-based government, the planning of such a task is not centralized and could be a bit disorganized.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1382 on: January 23, 2021, 05:33:36 AM »

And a good thing, too!

Switzerland estimates that it will have vaccinated everyone here (who wants to be) by early June. Unfortunately, due to our cantonal-based government, the planning of such a task is not centralized and could be a bit disorganized.

Should be by September in the UK for everyone. But they reckon herd immunity could be reached by April/ May.

Offline biking sailor

• Motorcycles: A Griso, a few Yamahas, a BMW GS, and all subject to change!
« Reply #1383 on: January 23, 2021, 10:17:59 AM »

Giving me some hope. My state is in Tier 2, but I won't be eligible until 3.

"Israel, the United Arab Emirates, the UK, and the US are all well ahead of EU nations in terms of doses given per capita so far."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55771223

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
« Reply #1384 on: January 23, 2021, 10:59:19 AM »
I'm hopeful that two additional vaccines will be deemed safe and effective in the next few weeks.  If so, then the rollout will likely speed up here and around the world.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.  --Winnie the Pooh

Offline viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
« Reply #1385 on: January 23, 2021, 03:45:53 PM »

And a good thing, too!

The Swiss? A bit disorganized? I doubt it.  ;)
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Offline viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
« Reply #1386 on: January 23, 2021, 03:49:23 PM »
However... in my state apparently an 8-ball and a Ouija board are used to determine pandemic policy.

https://apnews.com/article/sacramento-california-coronavirus-pandemic-gavin-newsom-38bb44ea7cb39eab9f6f6c621daeaf10

Offline Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #1387 on: January 23, 2021, 03:58:45 PM »
The Montreal Heart Institute is on to something. Colchicine.
Check it out.

Online Mrs. DantesDame

• Super Moderator
« Reply #1388 on: January 23, 2021, 04:00:03 PM »
The Swiss? A bit disorganized? I doubt it.  ;)

I know  :o

But I also have no doubt that they'll get it done  :thumbsup:

Online st2sam

• Motorcycles: 2014 Valkyrie 1993 Ducati 907ie
She's a big girl, but boy can she dance.

"Traffic was thick as NRA members at an ammo sale." - Sleazy Rider

Online Flyer

« Reply #1390 on: January 23, 2021, 06:08:47 PM »
U.K. B.1.1.7 variant has made it’s way 2 hours north of here, rampaging through a care-home.
Scary big numbers...  :(
https://globalnews.ca/news/7595436/uk-coronavirus-variant-barrie-long-term-care-home-outbreak/

Online PatM

• Contributor
« Reply #1391 on: January 23, 2021, 06:25:32 PM »
Ride safe!

Online tankhead

« Reply #1392 on: January 23, 2021, 08:37:29 PM »
www.FLCCC.net

Ivermectin