Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: COVID-19 Video  (Read 60304 times)

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
Re: COVID-19 Video
« Reply #1300 on: December 25, 2020, 01:10:51 PM »
Side affects are never a big concern. Unless, of course, you are the one that gets them. 
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Offline Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
  • Motorcycles: 2008 Honda CBF1000A and 2004 BMW R1100S
« Reply #1301 on: December 25, 2020, 07:24:42 PM »
Oh what the hell... I’m bored as hell and the reaction to Covid in stimulating the growth of ignorance is pissing me off so I’m going waaaaay off topic to suggest that the serious discussion on the letter “H” was incomplete. The reason?
Let it be known that as a native of Montreal I am fully aware of my all time favourite cultural anomaly: in Quebec if a word begins with the letter “H” then it’s NOT pronounced. And if a word begins with the letter “I” then obviously you pronounce it by ADDING the letter “H”.
Example: In the game of ockey they drop the puck at centre hice.
Got it?
Carry on and Merry Christmas to those of you for whom it actually matters....
My GPS just told me to turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left.
So if I go too far left do I end up right?

Offline Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #1302 on: December 25, 2020, 07:25:57 PM »
PS : no single malt was damaged in the production of the above.
My GPS just told me to turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left.

Offline jimmy

• Motorcycles: 2004 VFR-A
« Reply #1303 on: December 25, 2020, 07:44:58 PM »
Hey, you don't suppose that some non-Quebecois noticed the perfectly normal, though local pronunciation you are describing, and assumed the speakers were exhibiting side effects!!!

it's all beginning to come together.

Offline Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #1304 on: December 26, 2020, 04:59:00 AM »
I’m going down to de Best Western otel for breakfast. Going to order bacon and heggs and ash browns.

Offline Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #1305 on: December 26, 2020, 05:05:33 AM »
...please tell me there isn’t another year of this...

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #1306 on: December 26, 2020, 10:06:26 AM »
WW84: Streamed this yesterday. While I mostly like all superhero movies, this was not as good as the first stand-alone WW. On the scale of modern WW appearances, I would make it something like:

WW1
JL
WW84
Batman V Superman

...please tell me there isn’t another year of this...

Wake and smell the reconditioning.

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #1307 on: December 29, 2020, 10:53:07 AM »
While some folks postulate the number of deaths in the western world are being overstated, "Russia said on Monday that its coronavirus death toll was more than three times higher than it had previously reported,"
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.    Bertrand Russell

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • De omnibus dubitandum
  • Motorcycles: 2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 - ORANGE!!!!
« Reply #1308 on: December 29, 2020, 12:52:03 PM »
I've been deemed important. Just got my email from CDC with registration and appointment info for vaccination.  I also just learned that it's not a condition of employment.  I'm going to be selfless and allow someone else to have the honor of that dose. 

Flame suit on...
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Offline st2sam

• Motorcycles: 2014 Valkyrie 1993 Ducati 907ie
« Reply #1309 on: December 29, 2020, 02:42:04 PM »
Not worth a wet match.

I'm good wit dat...
She's a big girl, but boy can she dance.

"Traffic was thick as NRA members at an ammo sale." - Sleazy Rider

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
« Reply #1310 on: January 01, 2021, 09:54:03 AM »
Didn't know whether to post here or the conspiracy thread ...

A local hospital pharmacist has been arrested for intentionally ruining a batch of COVID vaccine.  No explanation of the motive has been announced at this time.  Bizarre.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/12/31/500-doses-covid-19-vaccine-thrown-out-hospital-worker-aurora-removed-from-fridge-on-purpose-grafton/4098837001/

This is the hospital where my wife's pacer was installed.  We don't think there were any issues with the meds she was given there.  But we're hoping that the explanation, if we ever get one, will not involve issues with other meds that she might have been given.  For example, hospital based addicts have been known to contaminate meds with blood borne pathogens while covering up pain med theft.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.  --Winnie the Pooh

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #1311 on: January 01, 2021, 10:42:37 AM »
the rates in the south east corner of the UK are rising dramatically because of the new variant, which is much more infectious. cases have appeared across the world, even in the US.
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Online leeo45

• Motorcycles: ALTA EXR, VFR800, R12GS Adv, 640Adv, 525EXC, 400XCW, etc.
« Reply #1312 on: January 01, 2021, 06:44:57 PM »
the rates in the south east corner of the UK are rising dramatically because of the new variant, which is much more infectious. cases have appeared across the world, even in the US.

Papa,   It looks like very challenging times for NHS workers in Wales.   The graph looks very similar to most of the states in the southeast U.S.   Stay safe.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1313 on: January 02, 2021, 02:18:12 AM »

Papa,   It looks like very challenging times for NHS workers in Wales.   The graph looks very similar to most of the states in the southeast U.S.   Stay safe.

Thanks. The new variant/ mutation is the problem. It adds 0.7 to the R rate. It's around 60-70% more infectious.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '03 SV1K, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #1314 on: January 02, 2021, 07:35:22 AM »
Our rate in Michigan WAY jumped at the beginning of November, peaked towards early December and now are forming  nice bell-shaped curve as they drop again.

My wife gets the vaccine next week, I'll be up for it in a couple weeks.  I have NO problems if people don't want it as long as it's not mission critical to your job (someone else's health).
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Online Mrs. DantesDame

• Super Moderator
  • Getting too old for this crap
    • DantesDame's Adventures
  • Motorcycles: -14 BMW F800 GSA
« Reply #1315 on: January 02, 2021, 09:39:23 AM »
I sit here in my living room and can see the planes coming in to land at the EuroAirport near Basel. I note each one with suspicion, as I expect that there is at least one infected person on board, "spreading the love" and bringing more of it to my city  :bluduh:
www.Dantesdame.com <-- Rides! Rides! Rides!

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #1316 on: January 02, 2021, 10:26:48 AM »
I know I will get vaccinated when my turn comes,I have been touched far too personally by this pandemic to not get it. Perspective changes when you bury 1 family member and 4 friends who died from  Covid. The last one was a really close friend who just turned 41,we in past years did a lot of hiking together and he was in top physical shape. It literally ate his lungs and heart. Now there are at least 5 members of the museum sick with it 3 are in bad shape and we shut down in November. Do as you wish but life cannot go on if we do nothing.
And a little perspective, more people in the US have died of Covid than US soldiers died in combat during WW2. And we have had Covid less than a year. Figure it out.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 01:09:24 PM by maddjack »
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1317 on: January 02, 2021, 10:38:02 AM »
that sounds truly dreadful.

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #1318 on: January 02, 2021, 01:08:01 PM »
It has been my friend, just so bloody depressing and sad. My phone rings and I have gotten to dread answering it.
VIVA EL STINKO

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1319 on: January 03, 2021, 01:55:23 AM »
It has been my friend, just so bloody depressing and sad. My phone rings and I have gotten to dread answering it.

It's been bad enough over here but your year sounds something else. I've had 7 colleagues die of this and a few people I have some links to, but no close friends.

I  just hope the anti maskers/ vaxxers see sense.

Offline biking sailor

• Motorcycles: A Griso, a few Yamahas, a BMW GS, and all subject to change!
« Reply #1320 on: January 03, 2021, 08:09:04 AM »
Reading a couple current articles concerning Oklahoma vaccine numbers. The state has received 174,900 doses. Approx. 60,000 have been administered.

State health department implemented a 4 phase system. Healthcare workers and those older long term care are in the first phase, with first responders, teachers, nursing home residence and workers in the second phase. Surveys are showing only 30 to 45% of healthcare workers in Tulsa and OKC facilities say they will take the vaccine, while the general population is up around 60%.

Here's where there are complaints...  The report, in the Daily Oklahoman, is the slow rate of vaccine administration is due to how slow the healthcare facilities are giving it to themselves. The majority of the general population is reportingly clamoring for it.   

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #1321 on: January 03, 2021, 09:37:46 AM »

It's been bad enough over here but your year sounds something else. I've had 7 colleagues die of this and a few people I have some links to, but no close friends.

Not expecting that to happen.  Ignorance is rampant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3RIHnK0_NE - the spoof I mentioned in the original post if you haven't seen it.

This is really well done.  It's horrifying the number of people that sent this around the world thinking it was real.  My sister sent it to me.  Thus prompting a flurry of follow ups.  Look at some of the related videos from "legitimate" sources of information.  I weep for humanity.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.    Bertrand Russell

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • De omnibus dubitandum
  • Motorcycles: 2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 - ORANGE!!!!
« Reply #1322 on: January 03, 2021, 10:35:52 AM »

Not expecting that to happen.  Ignorance is rampant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3RIHnK0_NE - the spoof I mentioned in the original post if you haven't seen it.

This is really well done.  It's horrifying the number of people that sent this around the world thinking it was real.  My sister sent it to me.  Thus prompting a flurry of follow ups.  Look at some of the related videos from "legitimate" sources of information.  I weep for humanity.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I see what you did there. 
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #1323 on: January 03, 2021, 10:59:29 AM »
Ignorance is rampant.
Worse, a badge of honour in those circles.
 :headscratch:
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison”
“His gaze was stern, unyielding, like an Easter Island head stuck in traffic” - Dylan Moran

Offline Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #1324 on: January 03, 2021, 01:27:22 PM »
Ignorance is rampant.

I think it’s actually THE PLAN

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '03 SV1K, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #1325 on: January 03, 2021, 03:44:48 PM »
I sit here in my living room and can see the planes coming in to land at the EuroAirport near Basel. I note each one with suspicion, as I expect that there is at least one infected person on board, "spreading the love" and bringing more of it to my city  :bluduh:

The contaminated are already there.  The important part is how the humans react to what's going on.
Let's do some science.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1326 on: January 04, 2021, 03:09:15 AM »

The contaminated are already there.  The important part is how the humans react to what's going on.

it's looking increasingly likely that the new variant was present in the US before it came to the UK.  it's something to be very worried about.

Online Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #1327 on: January 05, 2021, 08:23:06 PM »
Was at the hospital (unrelated issues)
I was shocked by the number of cars in line for covad testing. I go into the docs once a month for testing and today was the largest line I have seen to date. The staff taking the samples his even increased. They are ramping up...  Upon waking into the hospital it was clear that they are quite serious about who enters and why. 2 staff at the door asking questions and offering facemasks and hand sanitizer. 15 feet down there ai a guy watching a video screen (video screen shows temp of every person entering)   In case anyone is not paying attention the hospital is taking this quite seriously, as in batten down the hatches and prepare for battle stuff...  With all the traveling over the holidays (dolts) things are going to get much worse very soon. 

Stay safe and stay healthy 
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Offline PatM

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RT
« Reply #1328 on: January 06, 2021, 08:51:01 PM »
The province of Quebec will be under strict curfew for a month starting Saturday. We have been ordered to stay at home between 8PM and 5AM.
Everything to be closed except essential businesses and services during the day.
Work from home is mandatory. Schools will remain open.

The only exception to the curfew is we are allowed to walk the dog, not more than 1 km from home.
I think I will get a dog.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 09:14:41 PM by PatM »
Ride safe!

Offline OHScot

• Motorcycles: K1200GT, Ural Patrol, R75/6, Reflex, CT70 clone
« Reply #1329 on: January 06, 2021, 09:10:37 PM »
Maybe good news.  I know some don't care to hear good but seems good. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3kQoyCCLmY
They have indicated that I could be orange.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1330 on: January 07, 2021, 03:46:47 AM »
Maybe good news.  I know some don't care to hear good but seems good. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3kQoyCCLmY

so, vaccines will also work.

Offline OHScot

• Motorcycles: K1200GT, Ural Patrol, R75/6, Reflex, CT70 clone
« Reply #1331 on: January 07, 2021, 11:39:00 AM »
I hope you are not asking me I just watched the video.  Like my doctor said I am not a politician, I can't answer if the vaccines will also work.
They have indicated that I could be orange.

Offline bowtie76

• Motorcycles: 06 Sprint ST, 06 CRF450R plated, 03 R6 track bike
« Reply #1332 on: January 07, 2021, 04:08:49 PM »
I'm patient facing for work, Research only, so I just got my first round of Moderna on Monday.  Sore arm for a day (ala-tetanus).

No fire or lasers from my eyes, and I'm pretty sure I'm not a Zombie yet.

Offline bowtie76

• Motorcycles: 06 Sprint ST, 06 CRF450R plated, 03 R6 track bike
« Reply #1333 on: January 07, 2021, 04:10:48 PM »
Since pictures or it didn't happen.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #1334 on: January 07, 2021, 06:40:54 PM »
The jab comes to late for my friend.
I worked side-by-side with him for thirty years, through hell, fire, and even brimstone.
Covid got to his big, soft heart.
RIP, Brother.
“His gaze was stern, unyielding, like an Easter Island head stuck in traffic” - Dylan Moran

Offline TwistedT

• Contributor
  • Now with contribution!
  • Motorcycles: Yes, please.
« Reply #1335 on: January 07, 2021, 07:44:40 PM »
I worked side-by-side with him for thirty years, through hell, fire, and even brimstone.
RIP, Brother.

To everyone who's lost someone, please accept my condolences. I haven't been touched by COVID (so far), but my heart hurts for everyone who has.
Why would I wait till I die to come alive?
I'm ready now
I'm not waiting for the afterlife

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
« Reply #1336 on: January 08, 2021, 07:20:36 AM »
In Michigan I should be up next week.  My wife had hers this past Tuesday.
Let's do some science.

Offline Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #1337 on: January 08, 2021, 08:41:55 AM »
Geez Dave that’s horrible. My sympathies to you and his family.
Did he get it at work or do you even know?

Offline viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #1338 on: January 08, 2021, 09:03:34 AM »
RIP, Brother.

To everyone who's lost someone, please accept my condolences. I haven't been touched by COVID (so far), but my heart hurts for everyone who has.

This right here. All our ICU beds are full in our county... and region. Just hunkering down.
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Online Flyer

« Reply #1339 on: January 08, 2021, 12:22:31 PM »
Geez Dave that’s horrible. My sympathies to you and his family.
Did he get it at work or do you even know?
Worse.
Retirement.
 :-\

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #1340 on: January 09, 2021, 02:09:51 PM »
“Moderna’s COVID-19 mRNA vaccine is likely to offer protection of up to a couple of years, its chief executive said on Thursday, even though more data is still needed to make a definitive assessment.”

“The nightmare scenario that was described in the media in the spring with a vaccine only working a month or two is, I think, out of the window,” Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel said at an event organised by financial services group Oddo BHF.

“The antibody decay generated by the vaccine in humans goes down very slowly (...) We believe there will be protection potentially for a couple of years.”

Bancel added his company was about to prove that its vaccine would also be effective against variants of the coronavirus seen in Britain and South Africa.

Scientists have said newly developed vaccines should be equally effective against both variants.

CDC: Severe allergic reaction to COVID-19 vaccine 'exceedingly rare'

A severe allergic reaction to the COVID-19 vaccine is "exceedingly rare," reported by 21 of 1.9 million people in the United States who have received the vaccine, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Wednesday.

Of those 21 who experienced anaphylaxis after being vaccinated, 17 had a history of similar reactions to other vaccines or medications, the CDC said. All 21 recovered, though some required hospital care.

The data covers vaccine doses administered through Dec. 23.

Cases of anaphylaxis -- a severe, potentially life-threatening reaction that can occur within seconds or minutes of exposure to an allergen -- occurred with both vaccines and "multiple lots" or shipments, according to the CDC.

The rate of reactions amounts to 11.1 cases of anaphylaxis per 1 million doses administered, Messonnier said.

In comparison, the typical season flu vaccine sees 1.3 cases of anaphylaxis per 1 million recipients, she said.

"The rate of anaphylaxis with the COVID vaccines may seem high compared to flu vaccine, but this is still a rare outcome," Messonnier said. "It's paramount people get vaccinated," she said.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #1341 on: January 09, 2021, 02:42:08 PM »
RIP, Brother.

Sorry about your friend.

And my condolences if I missed anyone.  I haven't been checking this thread daily.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.  --Winnie the Pooh

Online Flyer

« Reply #1342 on: January 09, 2021, 07:29:19 PM »
I haven't been checking this thread daily.
We have your record in front of us, and have been concerned you may have escaped to go riding.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #1343 on: January 10, 2021, 11:42:30 AM »
I haven't been checking this thread daily.
We have your record in front of us, and have been concerned you may have escaped to go riding.

Thanks, but wishful thinking.   8)

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #1344 on: January 10, 2021, 02:13:11 PM »
Well ... now that the elderly doggo has died, I'm looking forward to some day trips and week trips.  It looks as if the Chicago travel restrictions only apply to people stopping, not traveling through.  So hopefully I can test out my mini-touring bike theory next spring.

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #1345 on: January 11, 2021, 06:05:44 PM »
RIP, Brother.

Thank you,its been a shit year. I hope we don't lose anyone else.
VIVA EL STINKO

Online Flyer

« Reply #1346 on: January 11, 2021, 07:34:54 PM »
RIP, Brother.

Sláinte mhaith.
 :beerchug:

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1347 on: January 12, 2021, 03:10:28 AM »
RIP, Brother.

Sláinte mhaith.

Might be worth checking in with members after this is largely over?

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #1348 on: January 12, 2021, 08:58:52 AM »
RIP, Brother.

Sláinte mhaith.

Might be worth checking in with members after this is largely over?
Good idea.
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #1349 on: January 12, 2021, 04:28:07 PM »
Ontario is going into lockdown on Thursday. It’s rampaging out of control.
Thanks ASSHOLES.