Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: COVID-19 Video  (Read 60708 times)

TwistedT and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
Re: COVID-19 Video
« Reply #1200 on: December 04, 2020, 01:53:51 PM »
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #1201 on: December 04, 2020, 02:51:06 PM »
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.    Bertrand Russell

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
  • Yeah it's a girl's bike. THIS girl's bike.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
« Reply #1202 on: December 04, 2020, 05:58:24 PM »
Surprise!
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Offline Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #1203 on: December 04, 2020, 09:51:55 PM »
I am shocked that greed/capitalism will game the system  :eek:

Say it is not soo......    the wealthy will to do what hey want & get what they pay for.. the rest will wait in line

Yep, "of the people , for the people"... nope that's not the good old USA. Here greed and subjugation are the rule.
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Online R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #1204 on: December 05, 2020, 06:08:39 AM »
You all are confusing true free market capitalism with crony capitalism. 

The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (and Federal Government run department) will be responsible for distributing the vaccine.  If big companies use power and money to influence government officials, that's not a true free market.  The article also notes members of congress may get their families vaccinated first.  That's an abuse of their power by government officials.  Unethical people exist everywhere from CEOs to government to charitable organizations.  I believe they're the outlier and not the norm.

This is what free market capitalism looks like (from the article), "I can promise you, no CEO wants to be on the front page of the newspaper for giving preferential access to his college roommate,” she said. “I think a few public naming and shamings would probably tamp down some activity.”   

Look, I'm not rich.  I'm far from it.  We're comfortable but my job has exposed me to a lot of successful business owners, entrepreneurs, and CEOs are large public companies.  Close to 100% of the business owners I've established relationships are salt of the earth people.  A lot of them give back to the communities that have helped them get where they're at.  Of the charities I'm personally involved, these people lead and provide most of the funding.  That said, there are 2-5% of the people I've met that I would not bank and establish a relationship.  They're horrible people, not honest, cut corners, and I believe their day will come.  I suppose through my 26 years of commercial banking, my exposure to large business owners have taught me not to loathe the rich.  An overwhelming amount of them are great people.

Online R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #1205 on: December 05, 2020, 06:55:36 AM »
This is a neat interactive page showing where you may fall in line in obtaining the vaccine given your location, health, and occupation. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/12/03/opinion/covid-19-vaccine-timeline.html?fbclid=IwAR0p9eJtlwbTZIs49vE2jVTfvJmR-fEpU6xrUZmBGGtTWySlFxlqoxpUU9E

Based on your risk profile, we believe you’re in line behind 126.5 million people across the United States.

When it comes to North Carolina, we think you’re behind 4.1 million others who are at higher risk in your state.

And in Davidson County, you’re behind 73,900 others.

If the line in North Carolina was represented by about 100 people, this is where you’d be standing:

Online mr.awesome

• Motorcycles: 04 Triumph Sprint ST, 03 Kawazuki KLX400SR-SM, 99 Yamaha TW200
« Reply #1206 on: December 05, 2020, 07:27:28 AM »
I am shocked that greed/capitalism will game the system  :eek:

Say it is not soo......    the wealthy will to do what hey want & get what they pay for.. the rest will wait in line

Yep, "of the people , for the people"... nope that's not the good old USA. Here greed and subjugation are the rule.

"Whatever happened to the golden rule......... You've got the gold, you rule"

Online garry

• Bleeds Orange...
    • MotoRoads
« Reply #1207 on: December 05, 2020, 07:33:00 AM »
This is a neat interactive page showing where you may fall in line in obtaining the vaccine given your location, health, and occupation. 

I'm just about last in line in PA. 60. Good health. I work from home so I didn't classify myself as "essential" although my company is considered that. I figured that given my age I would be a little further up the line as I'm on the cusp of the increased risk age range (65+). I'm not particularly concerned about COVID, so not particularly concerned about the vaccine. I'm OK with letting 250+ million other people be the guinea pigs :-)
2009 KTM 570 EXC
2017 KTM Super Duke GT

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #1208 on: December 05, 2020, 09:37:12 AM »

It’s that subtle touch of cynicism that gets me into trouble. 

I prefer the terms shareholder capitalism to stakeholder capitalism - although there are differences between them all - you get the point. 

Because it’s true - he (notice the deliberate use of a male gender pronoun) who has the gold makes the rules - and what’s wrong with that?   

8)
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.    Bertrand Russell

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
« Reply #1209 on: December 05, 2020, 10:55:15 AM »

It’s that subtle touch of cynicism that gets me into trouble. 

I prefer the terms shareholder capitalism to stakeholder capitalism - although there are differences between them all - you get the point. 

Because it’s true - he (notice the deliberate use of a male gender pronoun) who has the gold makes the rules - and what’s wrong with that?   

8)

I don't use the word capitalism in relation to the term free market.  Capitalism as developed by Karl Marx is a completely different thing than the system of free markets and free enterprise developed by Adam Smith.  IMHO, capitalism is just a compounded series of what a free market economist would consider to be market failures.  As a result, I oppose capitalism and support free markets.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.  --Winnie the Pooh

Offline Mrs. DantesDame

• Super Moderator
  • Getting too old for this crap
    • DantesDame's Adventures
  • Motorcycles: -14 BMW F800 GSA
« Reply #1210 on: December 05, 2020, 12:33:48 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
www.Dantesdame.com <-- Rides! Rides! Rides!

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #1211 on: December 05, 2020, 01:25:51 PM »

more drugs references.
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Online R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #1212 on: December 05, 2020, 01:56:28 PM »

C'mon, Mod, it's just starting to get really good.    :popcorn: 

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #1213 on: December 05, 2020, 02:34:18 PM »

OK, I'll reword the rule to be PC, but it's still the rule  ;)  Thx DD   :)  We're all friends here & intend to stay that way, even when we agree to disagree.  But I understand.

Those who have the gold make the rules

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '03 SV1K, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #1214 on: December 05, 2020, 08:22:15 PM »
On a personal front I think I can say I'm over it.  I spent most of the day in the woods hunting, which involved lots of walking today.  I had no problems.  I was curious to see how I'd perform today, and I did great.

Got one coyote.  My brother reduced the local herd by one (doe).
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Offline OHScot

• Motorcycles: K1200GT, Ural Patrol, R75/6, Reflex, CT70 clone
« Reply #1215 on: December 05, 2020, 09:26:35 PM »
Hmm I will check with my wife see if she has any Coyote recipes.   ;)
They have indicated that I could be orange.

Offline OHScot

« Reply #1216 on: December 05, 2020, 09:27:45 PM »

I'm just about last in line in PA. 60. Good health. I work from home so I didn't classify myself as "essential" although my company is considered that. I figured that given my age I would be a little further up the line as I'm on the cusp of the increased risk age range (65+). I'm not particularly concerned about COVID, so not particularly concerned about the vaccine. I'm OK with letting 250+ million other people be the guinea pigs :-)

This is where I am at also.  Sit on the fence till the fence falls.

Online miles

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Two of them
« Reply #1217 on: December 05, 2020, 11:03:45 PM »
My wife works for the second largest hospital chain here in San Diego.  Five hospitals in all.  They have been allocated 2,000 doses in the first disbursement.

They have 10,000 employees who need it.
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #1218 on: December 06, 2020, 06:57:50 AM »
Getting inoculated is (like mask wearing) an act of human kindness.
I’m relatively fortunate, in that I haven’t had to interact with the gen-pop at all since March, and can stick it out a bit longer if it means all the first responders get jabbed first.
I WILL line up to serve my civic duty when I get The Call.
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison”
“His gaze was stern, unyielding, like an Easter Island head stuck in traffic” - Dylan Moran

Online miles

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Two of them
« Reply #1219 on: December 06, 2020, 09:29:42 AM »
I'm in the same boat.
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Online TwistedT

• Contributor
  • Now with contribution!
  • Motorcycles: Yes, please.
« Reply #1220 on: December 06, 2020, 09:59:13 AM »
I’m relatively fortunate, in that I haven’t had to interact with the gen-pop at all since March, and can stick it out a bit longer if it means all the first responders get jabbed first.

:beerchug:
Why would I wait till I die to come alive?
I'm ready now
I'm not waiting for the afterlife

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #1221 on: December 06, 2020, 10:00:58 AM »

Yes.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.  --Winnie the Pooh

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #1222 on: December 06, 2020, 10:26:40 AM »
In the meantime, anyone who doesn’t believe this is a serious disease is a d@mn fool.  Just inquire about the number of vacancies at your local ICU.  Cities wouldn’t be using refrigerated trailers as temporary morgues if there wasn’t an unexpected increase in the number of deaths.  I don’t care who says what on whatever news media you watch.  Use your own eyes.  We are just fortunate in that it is not a bad pandemic.

I've always thought that the healthcare field was so large that everyone was bound to have a relative or friend who works in a hospital or nursing facility or clinic.  It's been true for me since childhood, and for my wife as well.  So when the real news backs up what I'm hearing from family and friends, it's giving a sense of being highly accurate to both sources.

But I'm wondering whether it's just coincidence that we have so many friends and fam in healthcare. If so, and many people don't know anyone working the front lines, perhaps it's easier for those people to discount the real news in favor of Facebook memes and such.

Offline biking sailor

• Motorcycles: A Griso, a few Yamahas, a BMW GS, and all subject to change!
« Reply #1223 on: December 06, 2020, 03:57:23 PM »
In the meantime, anyone who doesn’t believe this is a serious disease is a d@mn fool.  Just inquire about the number of vacancies at your local ICU.  Cities wouldn’t be using refrigerated trailers as temporary morgues if there wasn’t an unexpected increase in the number of deaths.  I don’t care who says what on whatever news media you watch.  Use your own eyes.  We are just fortunate in that it is not a bad pandemic.

I've always thought that the healthcare field was so large that everyone was bound to have a relative or friend who works in a hospital or nursing facility or clinic.  It's been true for me since childhood, and for my wife as well.  So when the real news backs up what I'm hearing from family and friends, it's giving a sense of being highly accurate to both sources.

But I'm wondering whether it's just coincidence that we have so many friends and fam in healthcare. If so, and many people don't know anyone working the front lines, perhaps it's easier for those people to discount the real news in favor of Facebook memes and such.

Considering the number of healthcare workers and first responders and... that are in the front of the line, that must be a long line. I'd hope those that need it the most are the ones that will be the first of the firsts. And I wonder if some organizations are concerned with too high of a percentage in one place all getting vaccinated at the same time. If very many had reactions that kept them out for a day or two, that could be a staffing problem. I'm sure smarter people than me are looking at the logistics with a critical eye.

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • De omnibus dubitandum
  • Motorcycles: 2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 - ORANGE!!!!
« Reply #1224 on: December 07, 2020, 04:38:55 AM »

Notsomuch for me.  I will be waiting to see how it goes for a while. I'm super low risk as I almost never leave the house. Not a hardcore antivaxer per se but not a fan of the idea of putting something in my body just cuz I was told it was OK.  Tin foil hat, I know.
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Offline Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #1225 on: December 07, 2020, 07:39:32 PM »
I just a few weeks back thought I'll wait once the innulation is available. Today changed my mind....
One of my students/mechanics from a the class I put on last week, his wife is positive. Management had "the talk" with me today. I am to stay on my office and have little to no contact with anyone this week. I don't have a class next week, but am hosting interviews, to hire a new tech. If all is cool in 10 days I'll be back to the normal.

YA I think I'll take the shot as soon as it is available to me.
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Online zer0netgain

• Motorcycles: 2018 BMW R1200RS
« Reply #1226 on: December 08, 2020, 04:52:10 AM »
Notsomuch for me.  I will be waiting to see how it goes for a while. I'm super low risk as I almost never leave the house. Not a hardcore antivaxer per se but not a fan of the idea of putting something in my body just cuz I was told it was OK.  Tin foil hat, I know.

I will hold out for at least two years if I can.

The FDA is headed up my people who all have vested interests in Big Pharma.  As they are the supposed only “experts” for evaluating new drugs and treatments, they are only required to disclose potential conflicts of interest when hired on/appointed.  I do not believe they are required to abstain from the approval process when it’s a company with whom they are associated.

The FDA allows companies to “cherry pick” the data they submit for approval.  This means if they need 5 studies on safety and effectiveness, a company can to 20 studies and submit the 5 best ones.

Too often, drugs and devices approved by the FDA for use prove to be more harmful and/or less effective than claimed.  Several have been pulled from the market (something almost unheard of 30+ years ago).  The truth of a drug/device being safe and effective comes out within the first 3-5 years once it’s in the public realm and adverse reactions must be reported.  This is when the common person gets a real picture of the safety and effectiveness of something.

Last I checked, there have been no new vaccines that didn’t report significantly worse adverse effects than initially claimed.  I stopped getting the flu shot last year after 3 years consistently having issues after getting the vaccination.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #1227 on: December 08, 2020, 05:13:37 AM »
for a vaccination programme to work, enough of the population needs to be vaccinated. it's not as if any of these vaccines are brand new; they have all built on previous SARS/ MERS research.
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #1228 on: December 08, 2020, 05:55:45 AM »
I stopped getting the flu shot last year after 3 years consistently having issues after getting the vaccination.
Could you expand on this, please?
“His gaze was stern, unyielding, like an Easter Island head stuck in traffic” - Dylan Moran

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #1229 on: December 08, 2020, 07:29:19 AM »
for a vaccination programme to work, enough of the population needs to be vaccinated. it's not as if any of these vaccines are brand new; they have all built on previous SARS/ MERS research.

The vaccines produced by Pfizer and Moderna are mRNA vaccines.... the first of this kind. The technology has been 30 years in the making, however. Perhaps another reason for some to sit back and wait.
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Offline OHScot

« Reply #1230 on: December 08, 2020, 07:46:49 AM »
I stopped getting the flu shot last year after 3 years consistently having issues after getting the vaccination.

My father had the same issue.  Every year he got the shot.

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • De omnibus dubitandum
« Reply #1231 on: December 08, 2020, 09:23:35 AM »
An email from Kim after we had this discussion:

Interesting and terrifying. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/05/09/health/fda-approval-drug-events-study/index.html

https://prescriptiondrugs.procon.org/fda-approved-prescription-drugs-later-pulled-from-the-market/

This one is extremely long, but has some really disturbing info on how FDA and Pharma "interact".  Source heavy and several former FDA staff cited.
https://www.propublica.org/article/fda-repays-industry-by-rushing-risky-drugs-to-market/amp
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

Online tankhead

« Reply #1232 on: December 08, 2020, 09:28:43 AM »

The vaccines produced by Pfizer and Moderna are mRNA vaccines.... the first of this kind. The technology has been 30 years in the making, however. Perhaps another reason for some to sit back and wait.

This

We have never been able to produce a viable messenger RNA vaccine.  The FDA just released the possible adverse reactions for the vaccine.  Check out page 17 for the deets. (EDIT) NOT on page 17 I will try and post them soon
www.fda.gov

First on the list is “Guillain-Barré syndrome,” described as “a rare disorder in which your body's immune system attacks your nerves.” The syndrome has “no known cure” and it mortality rate is “4% to 7%.” In contrast, John Hopkins University estimates that the current percentage of deaths reportedly due to COVID-19 cases in the U.S, is only 1.9%.

“Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis,” a “rare inflammatory condition that affects the brain and spinal cord,” is second on the FDA’s list. Third is “Transverse myelitis,” a neurological disorder which inflames the spinal cord, causing “pain, muscle weakness, paralysis, sensory problems, or bladder and bowel dysfunction.”

Also listed as a possible outcome of a potential vaccine is “Anaphylaxis,” the severe allergic reaction which can lead to anaphylactic shock.

A “stroke,” and “convulsions/seizures” are further possible side-effects, along with “Acute myocardial infarction” or heart attacks, inflammation of the muscles around the heart, and even death.

The U.K. government’s warning for the Pfizer vaccine says it should not be used by pregnant or breast-feeding mothers and children. The document adds that it is as yet unknown what effect the vaccine will have on fertility. It also says, “women of childbearing age should be advised to avoid pregnancy for at least 2 months after their second dose. It attacks a protein that is vital for placenta growth and survival as if an invader... Not good

The FDA also suggested that Kawasaki disease as being a possibility after the vaccine. The disease “mainly affects children under the age of 5,” and is “always treated in hospital.”
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 12:32:11 PM by tankhead »

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #1233 on: December 08, 2020, 11:00:42 AM »
An email from Kim after we had this discussion:

Interesting and terrifying. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/05/09/health/fda-approval-drug-events-study/index.html

https://prescriptiondrugs.procon.org/fda-approved-prescription-drugs-later-pulled-from-the-market/

This one is extremely long, but has some really disturbing info on how FDA and Pharma "interact".  Source heavy and several former FDA staff cited.
https://www.propublica.org/article/fda-repays-industry-by-rushing-risky-drugs-to-market/amp

This from one of the links

"As the study notes, the majority of these drugs were trialed in 1,000 or fewer patients to get FDA approval. When drugs are used under real-world circumstances in a wider patient population, problems can happen,..."

"According to the FDA, a 'drug is removed from the market when its risks outweigh its benefits. A drug is usually taken off the market because of safety issues with the drug that cannot be corrected, such as when it is discovered that the drug can cause serious side effects that were not known at the time of approval'."

If you watch TV, then you are well aware all drugs have side effects.  You have to make a decision whether the risks outweigh the benefits.

Offline BuckeyeRider

• Not all who wander are lost.
  • Motorcycles: A Little 'Un
« Reply #1234 on: December 08, 2020, 11:50:11 AM »
As someone who was prescribed (and took) Vioxx for 30 days, I'm inclined to wait a bit...

(It got pulled from the market during my 30 days, and I found out when I went to refill the prescription.)

The scary thought to me is that if there IS an issue with the vaccine, it's our elderly, infirm, and front-line healthcare workers that are going to be testing it out for the rest of us.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 12:07:15 PM by BuckeyeRider »

Online tankhead

« Reply #1235 on: December 08, 2020, 01:01:53 PM »
Sorry to hear about that for you

Online zer0netgain

« Reply #1236 on: December 09, 2020, 04:23:10 AM »

First year was the worst.  Chronic arm pain...mid upper arm of the shoulder that got the injection.  Sharp pain when moved a certain way.  Only went away when the massage therapist vigorously worked the point where the pain originated (no muscle...but a channel for nerves).  Promoting blood flow to “wash out” whatever was irritating the nerve bundle.

Second year, opposite arm.  Chronic ache but nonspecific that went away after several months.

Third year, had my doctor do the injection into my glutes.  Similar chronic body ache.  Clearly something in the vaccine is not playing nice with me.

Online zer0netgain

« Reply #1237 on: December 09, 2020, 04:26:04 AM »
“According to the FDA, a 'drug is removed from the market when its risks outweigh its benefits. A drug is usually taken off the market because of safety issues with the drug that cannot be corrected, such as when it is discovered that the drug can cause serious side effects that were not known at the time of approval'."

If you watch TV, then you are well aware all drugs have side effects.  You have to make a decision whether the risks outweigh the benefits.

Except the drug company KNEW of those serious side effects but likely hid it from the FDA because they aren’t required to disclose ALL research...only of the studies they choose to present.

And we have a better picture of the side effects rates of occurrence when the drug company can’t cover up the data.

Offline minimac

• Practicing Neanderthal, Nuclear Nomad
  • Motorcycles: GL1500A, Silverwing, ̶M̶a̶j̶e̶s̶t̶y̶, Morphous
« Reply #1238 on: December 09, 2020, 10:22:22 AM »

You can only be aware of the ones they reveal.  Often,you don't know what you don't know
old enough to know better

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • De omnibus dubitandum
« Reply #1239 on: December 09, 2020, 08:04:47 PM »

You can only be aware of the ones they reveal.  Often,you don't know what you don't know

But if you dare to presume what you don't know, then you're a whackjob.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #1240 on: December 09, 2020, 09:41:16 PM »
It’s not a black or white zero sum game outcome. 

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • De omnibus dubitandum

Online Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
  • Motorcycles: 2008 Honda CBF1000A and 2004 BMW R1100S
« Reply #1242 on: December 11, 2020, 04:57:26 PM »
I trust my federal government so as soon as I qualify I’m going for it.
My GPS just told me to turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left.
So if I go too far left do I end up right?

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '03 SV1K, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #1243 on: December 11, 2020, 07:07:14 PM »

This

We have never been able to produce a viable messenger RNA vaccine.  The FDA just released the possible adverse reactions for the vaccine.  Check out page 17 for the deets. (EDIT) NOT on page 17 I will try and post them soon
www.fda.gov

First on the list is “Guillain-Barré syndrome,” described as “a rare disorder in which your body's immune system attacks your nerves.” The syndrome has “no known cure” and it mortality rate is “4% to 7%.” In contrast, John Hopkins University estimates that the current percentage of deaths reportedly due to COVID-19 cases in the U.S, is only 1.9%.

“Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis,” a “rare inflammatory condition that affects the brain and spinal cord,” is second on the FDA’s list. Third is “Transverse myelitis,” a neurological disorder which inflames the spinal cord, causing “pain, muscle weakness, paralysis, sensory problems, or bladder and bowel dysfunction.”

Also listed as a possible outcome of a potential vaccine is “Anaphylaxis,” the severe allergic reaction which can lead to anaphylactic shock.

A “stroke,” and “convulsions/seizures” are further possible side-effects, along with “Acute myocardial infarction” or heart attacks, inflammation of the muscles around the heart, and even death.

The U.K. government’s warning for the Pfizer vaccine says it should not be used by pregnant or breast-feeding mothers and children. The document adds that it is as yet unknown what effect the vaccine will have on fertility. It also says, “women of childbearing age should be advised to avoid pregnancy for at least 2 months after their second dose. It attacks a protein that is vital for placenta growth and survival as if an invader... Not good

The FDA also suggested that Kawasaki disease as being a possibility after the vaccine. The disease “mainly affects children under the age of 5,” and is “always treated in hospital.”

I want to preface this by saying I AM NOT TRYING TO BE A DICK.  Nor am I picking on any one person, but I have seen plenty of these posts on the book-of-faces to recognize when things are not right.

Every.  Single.  Medical intervention as a risk.  The issue is to see the risks vs the benefits.  For example the "Guillain-Barré syndrome" issues tell us NOTHING.  The post, in fact, tells us NOTHING.

The odds listed ("and it mortality rate is “4% to 7%.") tells us nothing.  The question you should be asking is this:

"Out of all the tests done, how many people actually got Guillain-Barré syndrome?  The info posted does not tell us that.  All it tells us is that 4-7% of people that get Guillain-Barré syndrome die.  Those two things are not related in this post.  We need to know how many people that have had the vaccine actually got Guillain-Barré syndrome.

But "4-7%" vs "1.9%" looks scary.  But you are not comparing the same things.  Not at all.

I'm not saying everyone needs to get the vaccine, or no one should.  But for GOD'S SAKE PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

Yes, the mRNA vaccine is completely new, and I have full respect for anyone that says "Ya know what?  I'm gonna wait."  But please, please, understand what you are talking about and what you are comparing here.  You need to know the REAL risks, not random numbers that someone tells you are bad.

/rant
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Online coho

• Contributor
  • Probably not wearing pants.
  • Motorcycles: R1100RT (Gentleman's Express) - StFU200 (The Dumbbike) - Guzzi V7II (Tiny Musclecar)
« Reply #1244 on: December 11, 2020, 07:57:13 PM »
 :clap:
If it weren't for the therapeutic properties of the occasional off-camber decreasing radius downhill right-hander I'd almost certainly go completely sane.

"I like the beverages."  -CLAY

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
  • Yeah it's a girl's bike. THIS girl's bike.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
« Reply #1245 on: December 11, 2020, 09:03:32 PM »
It's been approved. The FDA just announced it.
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Offline Mrs. DantesDame

• Super Moderator
« Reply #1246 on: December 12, 2020, 03:45:25 AM »
I'm not saying everyone needs to get the vaccine, or no one should.  But for GOD'S SAKE PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

:inlove:

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #1247 on: December 12, 2020, 08:34:12 AM »

:inlove:

But for God’s sake please understand what you are READING.   This is a stochastic projection. Actual risk may be higher or lower depending upon group demographics, etc.  YRMV. 

COVID-19 Event Risk Assessment Planning Tool

Offline Mrs. DantesDame

• Super Moderator
« Reply #1248 on: December 12, 2020, 09:53:52 AM »
Regardless of what you're reading or talking about, the numbers are just crazy.

Switzerland has reverted back to Federally mandated restrictions (this is a big deal here, where the cantons value their independence), some European countries are restricting their borders, the UK is crazy even with access to a vaccine, and the reports from the US are just insane. So many deaths, and yet still no cohesive plan and the holidays are upon us.

May you live in interesting times, indeed!
 :crazy:

Online Flyer

« Reply #1249 on: December 12, 2020, 11:13:49 AM »

This

www.fda.gov

I want to preface this by saying I AM NOT TRYING TO BE A DICK.  Nor am I picking on any one person, but I have seen plenty of these posts on the book-of-faces to recognize when things are not right.

Every.  Single.  Medical intervention as a risk.  The issue is to see the risks vs the benefits.  For example the "Guillain-Barré syndrome" issues tell us NOTHING.  The post, in fact, tells us NOTHING.

The odds listed ("and it mortality rate is “4% to 7%.") tells us nothing.  The question you should be asking is this:

"Out of all the tests done, how many people actually got Guillain-Barré syndrome?  The info posted does not tell us that.  All it tells us is that 4-7% of people that get Guillain-Barré syndrome die.  Those two things are not related in this post.  We need to know how many people that have had the vaccine actually got Guillain-Barré syndrome.

But "4-7%" vs "1.9%" looks scary.  But you are not comparing the same things.  Not at all.

Yes, the mRNA vaccine is completely new, and I have full respect for anyone that says "Ya know what?  I'm gonna wait."  But please, please, understand what you are talking about and what you are comparing here.  You need to know the REAL risks, not random numbers that someone tells you are bad.

/rant

See, this is what teachers do.