Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: COVID-19 Video  (Read 51814 times)

miles, Skee, jadziadax8, TwistedT and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
Re: COVID-19 Video
« Reply #1050 on: October 30, 2020, 10:02:40 AM »
The vast numbers of people who reject personal responsibility is wearing me down.  Perhaps we need a change in the law so that adult privileges can be revoked for a failure to perform adult responsibilities.  Like a failure to take responsible precautions in a time of pandemic means that a person cannot leave their house without supervision.  Or a failure to take financial responsibility for necessities and one's old age means that a person cannot purchase new toys (this is aimed at a spendthrift bro-in-law).

Perhaps you and your wife need to reassess your obligations in light of this recent scare and her risk.
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
« Reply #1051 on: October 30, 2020, 12:23:19 PM »

The vast numbers of people who reject personal responsibility is wearing me down.  Perhaps we need a change in the law so that adult privileges can be revoked for a failure to perform adult responsibilities.  Like a failure to take responsible precautions in a time of pandemic means that a person cannot leave their house without supervision.  Or a failure to take financial responsibility for necessities and one's old age means that a person cannot purchase new toys (this is aimed at a spendthrift bro-in-law).

better yet, why not just get rid of people who don;t think the same way we do?  that'd make the world a much better place don't you think?

Nah, I wouldn't go that far.   :)  But I'm ticked off that our niece's friend's parents said it was safe for her to visit when they knew that it wasn't.  Put me in a bad mood.  That, and the bro-in-law (different fam) has asked us for money because he can't pay for necessities.  Nuf said on that. 

I am, however, very annoyed right now.  We just had a call that our niece tested positive. So I sent a text to our doc.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 12:46:51 PM by Baxter »
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.  --Winnie the Pooh

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
« Reply #1052 on: October 30, 2020, 12:23:45 PM »

Perhaps you and your wife need to reassess your obligations in light of this recent scare and her risk.

We are.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.  --Winnie the Pooh

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: 2016 Kawasaki Versys 650 - ORANGE!!!!
« Reply #1053 on: October 30, 2020, 01:37:19 PM »
I have just embraced the gift of being able to say NO.  Yeah, you might think I'm a douchebag in the short term but I'm gonna be crystal clear about what I do and do not want.  No, I will not help you move.  No, I will not drive you to the airport.  No, I'm not coming to Thanksgiving this year.  Sorry.  Makes a lot of potentially stressful situations completely inert really quickly. 

Living like a hermit helps a lot too.   ;D
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Online smoker

• Motorcycles: R1200RS
« Reply #1054 on: October 30, 2020, 02:01:53 PM »
I have just embraced the gift of being able to say NO.  Yeah, you might think I'm a douchebag in the short term but I'm gonna be crystal clear about what I do and do not want.  No, I will not help you move.  No, I will not drive you to the airport.  No, I'm not coming to Thanksgiving this year.  Sorry.  Makes a lot of potentially stressful situations completely inert really quickly. 

Hey can I borrow 20 bucks?
Founding member, Keystone contingent, Flying Pig Association

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #1055 on: October 30, 2020, 04:15:26 PM »

Hey can I borrow 20 bucks?

You can earn it. 🤠
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

Online stevent

• Motorcycles: 2010 K1300GT
« Reply #1056 on: October 30, 2020, 05:35:40 PM »

That's a very valuable skill. People get guilted into doing things they don't want to, simply because they can't say no.

Specially now, I wear my mask at work and in public, I avoid gatherings except family and other than that I just say "sorry, I can't help you" Being a hermit definitely helps, and I work alone most of the time. Except for my wifes family all my friends are either dead or moved away so I don't see anyone anyway.
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a hens arse?"

Online Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
  • Motorcycles: 2008 Honda CBF1000A and 2004 BMW R1100S
« Reply #1057 on: October 30, 2020, 06:45:37 PM »
We cancelled Halloween and Christmas . Only those in our immediate bubble are welcome in our home which keeps it down to the kids/spouses, my sister in law, and 5 friends (all of whom have SEVERELY limited their contacts)
This SUCKS and I figure it’s going to be 2022 at the earliest before things improve.
My GPS just told me to turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left.
So if I go too far left do I end up right?

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #1058 on: October 31, 2020, 06:20:08 AM »
We cancelled Halloween and Christmas . Only those in our immediate bubble are welcome in our home which keeps it down to the kids/spouses, my sister in law, and 5 friends (all of whom have SEVERELY limited their contacts)
This SUCKS and I figure it’s going to be 2022 at the earliest before things improve.

the average length of a pandemic is 5 years.....
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #1059 on: October 31, 2020, 11:31:15 AM »

the average length of a pandemic is 5 years.....

I really did not want to hear that - regardless whether the number is 9 to 18 months or 5 to 10 years - did you have to post it?

Sometimes I wonder about you, Papa; other times I know for sure.

Going downstairs to mix bourbon & honey (with ice, bitters & 2 cherries) in 3, 2, 1...
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.    Bertrand Russell

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Online Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #1060 on: October 31, 2020, 11:41:23 AM »
I blame EVERYTHING on Walt Disney.
My GPS just told me to turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left.

Online PatM

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RT
« Reply #1061 on: October 31, 2020, 10:53:02 PM »
I blame EVERYTHING on Walt Disney.

Isn't he frozen or something?
Ride safe!

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #1062 on: November 02, 2020, 09:41:35 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
  • Yeah it's a girl's bike. THIS girl's bike.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
« Reply #1063 on: November 02, 2020, 08:41:30 PM »
That doesn't make any sense. If you had one of those, you used your Get Out of Jail Free card already. You're due now.

Also, it probably means you're old and in the at-risk group.
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Online Stripes

• I'm On A Boat!
  • Motorcycles: Triumph, Ducati, BMW
COVID-19 Video
« Reply #1064 on: November 02, 2020, 09:15:29 PM »

Hey now...
Hard work, pays off in the future. Laziness, pays off now.

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #1065 on: November 03, 2020, 06:18:00 AM »
That doesn't make any sense. If you had one of those, you used your Get Out of Jail Free card already. You're due now.

And you're prone to engaging in extra risky behaviors

Offline OHScot

• Motorcycles: K1200GT, Ural Patrol, R75/6, Reflex, CT70 clone
« Reply #1066 on: November 03, 2020, 08:36:37 AM »
I would comment, but threads I comment in have a strange way of disappearing within in 1 or 2 posts.

Must be too edgy for the internet...Or as some have said Orange?
They have indicated that I could be orange.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1067 on: November 14, 2020, 04:07:07 AM »

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #1068 on: November 14, 2020, 09:35:51 AM »
interesting article on spread in bars and classrooms (one for Clay here):

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-10-28/a-room-a-bar-and-a-class-how-the-coronavirus-is-spread-through-the-air.html?ssm=TW_CM

I must be living in the new normal too long because it sounds too much like common sense:
     Maintain social distance
     Wear masks
     Circulate fresh air
     Limit exposure time

Our CDC is just now figuring out that media filters can reduce airborn particle flows - albeit not highly effectively - in both directions.  Bunch of geniuses that bunch is for sure!
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.    Bertrand Russell

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1069 on: November 16, 2020, 11:28:13 PM »
interesting results from mass testing in Liverpool-100,000 tested, and 700 no symptom cases identified.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-54966607

The total population of the area is around 900,000-less for the city itself.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #1070 on: November 18, 2020, 08:40:14 AM »
The Daily Mail reports "Number of Britons who gave up smoking more than DOUBLED after March lockdown..." However "While lockdown appears to have increased the desire to quit smoking, it did not have the same kind of effect on drinking, however — with the prevalence of binge drinking having increased from 25.1 to 38.3 per cent.

Offline viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
« Reply #1071 on: November 18, 2020, 08:42:38 AM »
interesting results from mass testing in Liverpool-100,000 tested, and 700 no symptom cases identified.

So I dug into this a bit. It may be that these patients have so little virus in them, that they really aren't a threat. We've been told a lot of things about asymptomatic people. I'm not convinced they are a threat.

It's all about exposure... and viral load.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/health/coronavirus-testing.html
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Online miles

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Two of them
« Reply #1072 on: November 18, 2020, 08:47:12 AM »

'They Stop Yelling At You When They Get Intubated': South Dakota Nurse Says Patients Are Denying COVID-19 to Their Dying Breath

https://www.theroot.com/they-stop-yelling-at-you-when-they-get-intubated-south-1845691330
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Online Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
« Reply #1073 on: November 18, 2020, 12:07:23 PM »
That partially explains the existence of 2 words in the dictionary with distinctly different definitions: BELIEF and KNOWLEDGE.

Offline R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
« Reply #1074 on: November 18, 2020, 12:20:24 PM »
Updated 11/19/20

EU and UK Totals

11 Million cases (2.5% of population) with 276K deaths (2.5% death rate) 

U.S.A.

11.8 Million cases (3.6% of population) with 256K deaths (2.1% death rate)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 09:57:09 AM by R Doug »
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #1075 on: November 18, 2020, 03:47:18 PM »

So I dug into this a bit. It may be that these patients have so little virus in them, that they really aren't a threat. We've been told a lot of things about asymptomatic people. I'm not convinced they are a threat.

While that may very well be true, I'd rather err on the side of caution until the risk is better known.

Offline viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
« Reply #1076 on: November 18, 2020, 05:47:35 PM »

While that may very well be true, I'd rather err on the side of caution until the risk is better known.

Oh I'm not changing my behavior either. I just find this interesting, especially finding it in the New York Times.

Online miles

• Contributor
« Reply #1077 on: November 18, 2020, 07:45:50 PM »
As much as I hate The Daily Beast, here's a story from it that's becoming all too common:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/covid-truthers-try-to-invade-utah-valley-hospital-where-patrice-grossman-died

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1078 on: November 19, 2020, 03:13:40 AM »

The Liverpool testing is using the quick type of test-you have to be riddled with virus to test positive.

It's the same one that Elon Musk had-he tested negative twice then tested positive twice. He would have been infected in the first two negative tests but by the time of the third and fourth he was very heavily infected, so tested positive.

So, non-symptomatic people who test positive wit this test will be highly infectious.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1079 on: November 19, 2020, 03:17:10 AM »
As much as I hate The Daily Beast, here's a story from it that's becoming all too common:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/covid-truthers-try-to-invade-utah-valley-hospital-where-patrice-grossman-died

We have the same idiots over here. And that's an incredibly sad story.

Online zer0netgain

• Motorcycles: 2018 BMW R1200RS
« Reply #1080 on: November 19, 2020, 04:03:04 AM »
It's the same one that Elon Musk had-he tested negative twice then tested positive twice. He would have been infected in the first two negative tests but by the time of the third and fourth he was very heavily infected, so tested positive.

So, non-symptomatic people who test positive wit this test will be highly infectious.

Except all 4 tests were done at the same time.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1081 on: November 19, 2020, 04:44:17 AM »

that I didn't realise-my news source said they were done at different times. either way, the rapid test will only pick up high rates of virus.

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
« Reply #1082 on: November 19, 2020, 07:30:19 AM »

that I didn't realise-my news source said they were done at different times. either way, the rapid test will only pick up high rates of virus.

is it testing for the actual virus or the antibodies? 

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1083 on: November 19, 2020, 09:18:21 AM »

protein fragments/ antigens in the rapid test

Offline R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #1084 on: November 19, 2020, 10:00:23 AM »
Updated 11/19/20

EU and UK Totals

11 Million cases (2.5% of population) with 276K deaths (2.5% death rate) 

U.S.A.

11.8 Million cases (3.6% of population) with 256K deaths (2.1% death rate)

I have updated this as my original numbers for the US was off.  I'm not trying to make this political, but "red states" and "the Orange Man" get blamed for failing to deal with this virus and many allude to the US doing worse the the world.  Well, that's just not true.  I'm not red or blue, but a pissed off porcupine (libertarian) and am sick and tired of the whole thing. 

And, by "whole thing" that is the continuation of this virus, folks not social distancing and taking it seriously enough, the politicizing of it, the entire lot.

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #1085 on: November 19, 2020, 10:16:31 AM »
the fact that it is political is disgusting. South Dakota is a perfect example because our governor won't issue a shut down or mask order. but, in reality the cities are doing just that so the end result is the same (I see no difference in behavior in Minnesota and SD??) here in Rapid city every business I've been to requires masks, it makes do difference what the governor says? but the media makes it sound like we're a bunch of rat lickers.
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #1086 on: November 19, 2020, 02:41:15 PM »
The outbreak could have, and should have been handled better.  Allow me to digress...

Interesting piece on the effect of the pandemic on young adults.  The kids aren’t alright: How Generation Covid is losing out

Offline viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
« Reply #1087 on: November 19, 2020, 03:45:41 PM »

Same nurse, same machine, and back to back.

Online Black Hills

« Reply #1088 on: November 19, 2020, 03:50:14 PM »
the testing stories are insane. had 3 people here get a letter notifying them they were positive and they hadn't even been tested (signed up but didn't show) and we had two nurses raising hell that they sent blank tests (opened them, didn't swab anything and sent them in) that came back positive. so that, along with "I know X number of people who had it and it was nothing more than a cold"  isn't helping the situation at all. at this rate eventually everyone will know a fatality and then maybe they will start to pay attention.
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Online radon222

• Contributor
  • It's all Scratch's fault
  • Motorcycles: R1200GSAW, R1200RT
« Reply #1089 on: November 19, 2020, 03:52:47 PM »

Interesting.  If the first two tests were negative, and only the last two were positive; could that be indicative of an accumulation of viral material on the machine that brought things up to the detection threshold?  ???

Offline viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
« Reply #1090 on: November 19, 2020, 03:57:30 PM »

protein fragments/ antigens in the rapid test

There are two rapid tests, one is RT-PCR (nucleic acid based) and the other is protein based (antibody).

Offline OHScot

• Motorcycles: K1200GT, Ural Patrol, R75/6, Reflex, CT70 clone
« Reply #1091 on: November 19, 2020, 04:27:34 PM »
Well the wheels are coming off the bus.  Almost our whole state is red https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/public-health-advisory-system/   

The mask compliance / social distancing seems to be pretty high but it does not seem to be working.  No, not working at all, they don't know WTF to do but so far it has been a major miss.

Hope the vaccine is a better effort.  Otherwise I guess sooner or later all that are going to get it will get it.  All that were going to die etc...just like in medieval times a real bring out your dead.

CDC has failed Government failed all that was in place to protect us failed.  Expected better of our society.
They have indicated that I could be orange.

Offline viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
« Reply #1092 on: November 19, 2020, 05:24:03 PM »

Interesting.  If the first two tests were negative, and only the last two were positive; could that be indicative of an accumulation of viral material on the machine that brought things up to the detection threshold?  ???

I would say there was a contamination problem.

Offline R Doug

• Contributor
« Reply #1093 on: November 19, 2020, 07:36:21 PM »
The number of times (cycles) the PCR test is completed on any given sample leads to a lot of false positives. 

This article puts a positive spin on it, but Fauci himself said he believes the CDC guidance on the number of cycles the test needs to be completed is too high. 

https://medical.mit.edu/covid-19-updates/2020/11/pcr-test-result

Online coho

• Contributor
  • Probably not wearing pants.
  • Motorcycles: R1100RT (Gentleman's Express) - StFU200 (The Dumbbike) - Guzzi V7II (Tiny Musclecar)
« Reply #1094 on: November 19, 2020, 08:01:22 PM »

The article I read said it was pos/neg/neg/pos.
If it weren't for the therapeutic properties of the occasional off-camber decreasing radius downhill right-hander I'd almost certainly go completely sane.

"I like the beverages."  -CLAY

Online miles

• Contributor
« Reply #1095 on: November 19, 2020, 08:39:20 PM »

Online zer0netgain

• Motorcycles: 2018 BMW R1200RS
« Reply #1096 on: November 20, 2020, 03:55:59 AM »
CDC has failed Government failed all that was in place to protect us failed.  Expected better of our society.

I’m starting to wonder if the numbers are being fudged to strike fear into the population.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
« Reply #1097 on: November 20, 2020, 05:09:30 AM »

I’m starting to wonder if the numbers are being fudged to strike fear into the population.

doubt it, it's world wide. it's just been very poorly managed in several Western countries.

and why would the government want to terrify its population in this way, anyway? and to what end? there's loads of more effective ways of doing that, in any case.

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #1098 on: November 20, 2020, 05:20:53 AM »

Something has to, and that would be a good thing.
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison”
“His gaze was stern, unyielding, like an Easter Island head stuck in traffic” - Dylan Moran

Online Black Hills