Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Movie What Ya Seen?  (Read 6808 times)

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
Re: New Movie What Ya Seen?
« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2020, 07:40:49 PM »
A miniseries:  "Defending Jacob".  Wow.  That was really good.  A little slow at times, but wow.
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Online Patmo

• Motorcycles: 2007 FZ6, 2014 Ninja 650
« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2020, 05:49:19 AM »
If you’re a Beetles fan (and who isn’t?) you’ll love Yesterday.  A great movie with some really fun parts and the music is top notch.  Not what I expected at all, but love the story and the premise.

Offline mr.awesome

• Motorcycles: 04 Triumph Sprint ST, 03 Kawazuki KLX400SR-SM, 99 Yamaha TW200
« Reply #202 on: September 02, 2020, 01:52:47 PM »
Anybody watching Cobra Kai on netflix?  Aura and I just finished season 1 last night. It is one of the most enjoyable shows i have seen in a long time. It is based on the Karate Kid movies of the 80's and set 34 years later from the perspective of Daniel's rival Johnny Lawrence.  Both rolls being reprised by Ralph Macchio and William Zabka. Very good watch if you have not seen it yet.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #203 on: September 03, 2020, 09:48:19 AM »
Trouble Along The Way: John Wayne, Donna Reed, and a VERY young Sherry Jackson (Think ST:TOS, "What Are Little Girls Made Of?").

My wife and I laughed a lot. Some times for the intended humor and some times for the 1953 sensibilities.

Offline Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #204 on: September 04, 2020, 12:56:10 AM »
Anybody watching Cobra Kai on netflix?  Aura and I just finished season 1 last night. It is one of the most enjoyable shows i have seen in a long time. It is based on the Karate Kid movies of the 80's and set 34 years later from the perspective of Daniel's rival Johnny Lawrence.  Both rolls being reprised by Ralph Macchio and William Zabka. Very good watch if you have not seen it yet.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I watched it, and I still dislike Ralph Macchio. This series does show the counterpoint to what the original movie was based on, so on that aspect worth watching. That is if you have time to waste.
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Offline bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • Motorcycles: 03 SV1000s, 08 ZG1400
« Reply #205 on: October 09, 2020, 01:37:02 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #206 on: October 09, 2020, 03:39:44 PM »
That's the exact type of dark twisted humor that will pull me in.
Let's do some science.

Offline Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #207 on: October 10, 2020, 10:42:42 PM »
I'll wait for netflix but YA I'll be wasting an hour or two watching it
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #208 on: October 11, 2020, 08:39:10 AM »
Werewolves on Wheels (1971)

Ghouls on motorcycles on late night TV - what’s not to like?
"The mistake you cannot make is to judge the past through the eyes of the present.  Judge the past on its own terms."  
João Zilhão on the Assimilation Model of Human Origin

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #209 on: October 12, 2020, 05:15:48 AM »
BBC production “McMafia”.
Investment banker gets drawn in to international high-finance crime.
Well acted, consuming plot, great international scenery, and only gruesome in spots.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6271042/
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison”
“His gaze was stern, unyielding, like an Easter Island head stuck in traffic” - Dylan Moran

Online Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
  • Motorcycles: yes
« Reply #210 on: October 12, 2020, 08:10:40 AM »
Palm Springs (2020).  Interesting little time travel film ala Groundhog Day. Surprisingly, Andy Samburg is marginally likeable in this one. Best moment however is JK Simmons (the Farmers Insurance guy) shooting Samburg in the back with arrows... multiple times. That's just the way I roll.

LT
Great googly-moogly!

Online stevent

• Motorcycles: 2010 K1300GT
« Reply #211 on: October 12, 2020, 09:43:46 AM »
Not a new movie but I watched "The Gods Must Be Crazy" again. I hadn't seen it in years and it popped up as a free movie so I went ahead. What a cool movie, I remember watching it in the ancient 80's and enjoyed it then too. Nice story, the actors are great and for what had to be a $30. or $40. budget the filming and editing was pretty well done.

:smiley_thumb: :smiley_thumb:
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a hens arse?"

Online miles

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Two of them
« Reply #212 on: October 12, 2020, 10:03:43 AM »
Not a new movie but I watched "The Gods Must Be Crazy" again. I hadn't seen it in years and it popped up as a free movie so I went ahead. What a cool movie, I remember watching it in the ancient 80's and enjoyed it then too. Nice story, the actors are great and for what had to be a $30. or $40. budget the filming and editing was pretty well done.

My wife and I were talking about that movie to our kid the other day, saying we should try to find it to watch together.

Where did you see it?

As an interesting aside, here in San Diego there was an old single-screen movie theater that was on its way out.  The lease wasn't going to be renewed, and as an independent they couldn't book any big-name films.  They showed The Gods Must Be crazy and people went crazy for it.  They screened that movie three times a day for the remaining eight months (IIRC) of that theater's life.
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Online 1KPerDay

• Ride to eat, eat to ride
  • Motorcycles: XR1200, GL1800A, R90/6
« Reply #213 on: October 12, 2020, 10:36:24 AM »
The Court Jester (1955)

Danny Kaye kills it in this one. Watch it.
My hovercraft is full of eels

Online Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
  • Motorcycles: yes
« Reply #214 on: October 12, 2020, 10:42:23 AM »
The Court Jester (1955)

Dood... Danny Kaye killed it in EVERY one.    :thumbsup:
Great googly-moogly!

Online stevent

« Reply #215 on: October 12, 2020, 12:49:49 PM »

My wife and I were talking about that movie to our kid the other day, saying we should try to find it to watch together.

Where did you see it?

As an interesting aside, here in San Diego there was an old single-screen movie theater that was on its way out.  The lease wasn't going to be renewed, and as an independent they couldn't book any big-name films.  They showed The Gods Must Be crazy and people went crazy for it.  They screened that movie three times a day for the remaining eight months (IIRC) of that theater's life.

It was either Prime or Netflix's, I can check when I get home. It really is a kool movie
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a hens arse?"

Online miles

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Two of them
« Reply #216 on: October 12, 2020, 01:31:18 PM »

Where did you see it?

It was either Prime or Netflix's, I can check when I get home. It really is a kool movie

Thanks!
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Online stevent

« Reply #217 on: October 12, 2020, 05:22:43 PM »

Where did you see it?

Thanks!

It's free on Amazon Prime. We have Comcast if that makes any difference

Online 1KPerDay

• Ride to eat, eat to ride
  • Motorcycles: XR1200, GL1800A, R90/6
« Reply #218 on: October 13, 2020, 11:42:21 AM »
The Court Jester (1955)

Dood... Danny Kaye killed it in EVERY one.    :thumbsup:
IKR
My hovercraft is full of eels

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #219 on: October 14, 2020, 10:03:23 AM »
The Boys isn't a "movie" but it a great, dark twist on absolute power corrupting absolutely.

"Shin Godzilla" - A twist on the Kaiju movies that spends most of its time focusing on how useless bureaucracies are as it spends most of its time with political wonks moving from meeting to meeting and fighting over how to respond (but not DOING anything) while Godzilla tears through Japan.

The Court Jester (1955). Danny Kaye kills it in this one. Watch it.

The Vessel with the Pestle. I was shocked when I heard an interview with Kay and he explained that the reason he quit making movies and shows was because he thought no one was interested in him anymore.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
« Reply #220 on: October 15, 2020, 01:33:31 PM »
The Boys isn't a "movie" but it a great, dark twist on absolute power corrupting absolutely.

I LOVE that show and just finished season twp.  It is a truly dark take on the Superhero genre- it's more how I think it would really go if they were a thing.

I highly recommend.  It's on Amazon Prime.
Let's do some science.

Online stevent

« Reply #221 on: October 18, 2020, 12:28:51 PM »
I watched "The Black Book". it's about a Jewish woman in the Dutch resistance during the war, excellent film all the way around, in Dutch with sub titles

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #222 on: October 19, 2020, 09:03:16 AM »
Schmokes unt schasuages mit everyvun.

Offline R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
« Reply #223 on: October 19, 2020, 09:57:27 AM »
Without a lot of new box office to Bluray out lately, we've been seeking movies and series on Netflix.  We caught up on Stranger Things (best series I have ever watched) and started Umbrella Academy.  So far, we're enjoying this series, is anyone else enjoying it or dislikes it?
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Online stevent

« Reply #224 on: October 19, 2020, 10:13:19 AM »
Schmokes unt schasuages mit everyvun.

Schmoke and a pancake?  Bong and a blintz?

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
  • Yeah it's a girl's bike. THIS girl's bike.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
« Reply #225 on: October 20, 2020, 08:48:40 AM »
Without a lot of new box office to Bluray out lately, we've been seeking movies and series on Netflix.  We caught up on Stranger Things (best series I have ever watched) and started Umbrella Academy.  So far, we're enjoying this series, is anyone else enjoying it or dislikes it?

The Umbrella Academy is bananas!  But in a good way.

Fourstring and I are watching Lovecraft Country right now and really digging it.
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Offline R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
« Reply #226 on: October 20, 2020, 10:02:48 AM »

The Umbrella Academy is bananas!  But in a good way.

Fourstring and I are watching Lovecraft Country right now and really digging it.

Thanks for another suggestion!
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #227 on: October 20, 2020, 10:55:04 AM »

Started watching ST as they aired the 2nd season.

Love UA. Another s-show of characters; making bad choices is "Doom Patrol".

"The Boys" is also up there.

"Lovecraft Country" had my hopes high and I really wanted to like it. I tried hard but dropped it at ep 7 when it was clear it wasn't about Lovecraft and more about preaching to me about how bad it was in the 40s (with only a few Lovecraftian events to try and keep people from leaving).

Have you tried "American Gods"?  Gaiman can be an excellent writer but his lack of inhibitions on some taboo subjects turns off come viewers. I never could get past the "fertility goddess" part at the first of the book but the series lets it slide by faster (or can be skipped).