Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Rant thread, what pisses you off? (no politics or religion allowed) NSFW  (Read 630784 times)

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
^ Try a scooter! Not one like the fat folks at the local Walmart, I mean like a Honda, Yamaha, Kymco...even a cheap China one. Easy to maneuver, easy to ride, no swinging a leg up and over, and FUN! (and usually relatively cheap)

I was thinking an old Trail 90 or something.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: for both ideas.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
Kinda more of a "first world problems" than a proper rant, but ...

We have a full sized fridge and two dorm sized fridges where we stock a variety of adult beverages, pops, and mixers.  Some of the product has been getting old due to Covid and my wife being vulnerable, which prevents us from having folks over.  So, what's the problem?  Some of the stuff aging out is not just stuff that we don't prefer but is ok, instead some is stuff we affirmatively dislike.  Sweet alco-pops, diet beer, and weird fruit concoctions need to be drank or it's alcohol abuse.   :D  At least the mango-beer tasted skunky enough that the one I cracked and it's four remaining friends could go down the drain in good conscience.

We picked these up after seeing what folks drank at their own homes, and we wouldn't want to just gift them because that would imply that we only bought it for them.  We did, but we don't want any guest to feel obligated to have a particular beverage because they believe we bought it just for them.  Good hosts don't want their guests to feel that way.

Oh well, it's getting near the end and will soon we'll be back to drinking what we like.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
Citrus, mango, and other flavored beers are not something I've ever liked. A good stout is where it's at.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
Citrus, mango, and other flavored beers are not something I've ever liked. A good stout is where it's at.

My wife and I both like pale ales year around, and stouts or porters in the colder months.  My wife also likes lagers and pilsners (but not diet beers).  I also like IPAs and APAs.  The only flavored beer I like is a traditional summer shandy, but I can take it or leave it.

Just to show my age, I believe that adults drink beer, ride motorcycles or do other things in real life, and get the job done, while "children" drink alcho-pops, play computer games, and whine.  Maybe it's not showing my age because I know a lot of people my age who fit into the latter category (minus the computer games).