Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: European motorcycles of PGH GONE  (Read 547 times)

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
European motorcycles of PGH GONE
« on: December 06, 2019, 12:58:14 PM »
Heard they were for sale, went by today , show room empty and so is the service dept. Purchased by Mosites, mega multi dealer, good for those on the east side of the burgh. Sucks for people like me, that's an hour each way and I'd have to rent a truck to leave for service. Good thing I didn't buy the GS. I still have a limbo service dept at my Kawa dealer, hope they get their shit together before valve adjust time. i can't see well enough to do it myself any more. :thumbsdown: As is with the rest of the country, fewer and fewer.
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Online garry

• Bleeds Orange...
    • MotoRoads
Re: European motorcycles of PGH GONE
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 03:14:35 PM »
I think they've been closed for a while now. I haven't heard any reports on how Mosites has been doing with the Euro brands they've acquired over the last several years.
2009 KTM 570 EXC
2017 KTM Super Duke GT

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 05:54:34 PM »
I saw people ,ect for the last 2 weeks up there. I had no idea they were moving stuff out,didn't hear it was for sale. They were emailing sale ads in early November to me.Maybe set up and somebody forgot to pull them. If this shit keeps up there won't be any shops in a reasonable distance from me, may have to say screw it and sell off and find something else to do.
VIVA EL STINKO

Online garry

• Bleeds Orange...
    • MotoRoads
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 04:40:32 AM »
I saw people ,ect for the last 2 weeks up there. I had no idea they were moving stuff out,didn't hear it was for sale. They were emailing sale ads in early November to me.Maybe set up and somebody forgot to pull them. If this shit keeps up there won't be any shops in a reasonable distance from me, may have to say screw it and sell off and find something else to do.

Thankfully the bike rarely (almost never) goes to the dealer for service. You can get parts online.

You could always buy a KTM or Indian from the shop next to Jergels :-) And there will always be H-D dealers around.
2009 KTM 570 EXC
2017 KTM Super Duke GT

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 08:51:42 AM »

Thankfully the bike rarely (almost never) goes to the dealer for service. You can get parts online.

You could always buy a KTM or Indian from the shop next to Jergels :-) And there will always be H-D dealers around.
What do you do for valve adjustments? Yourself or take it in, thats my main thing.
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 09:09:28 AM »
I've done the valves myself in the past.  On the Piggie I think I'll wait until 100,000 miles, and then still not bother with them.   ;D

Online garry

• Bleeds Orange...
    • MotoRoads
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 10:30:58 AM »
What do you do for valve adjustments? Yourself or take it in, thats my main thing.

Mostly ignore them unless it's been a really long time. Then I'll trailer the bike to a shop I can trust. But that's like once every three years. Wouldn't stop me from buying the bike I want.
2009 KTM 570 EXC
2017 KTM Super Duke GT

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2019, 10:43:23 AM »
I've done the valves myself in the past.  On the Piggie I think I'll wait until 100,000 miles, and then still not bother with them.   ;D

Assuming you're still on the C14... That's a great plan, honestly.

Having done two of those bikes in the last 10 years, I'll never, ever do one again. That was the absolute worst job I've ever done, bar none. What a stupid, stupid design (in terms of jamming that engine into a pita pocket and still expecting to have to open the thing for routine maintenance).

Just dumb.
this signature on hold pending review

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2019, 12:26:46 PM »
Intresting and Garry I Didn't know about a local KTM dealer ,I may stop and browse. I may buy a service manual for the big v, do the plugs ,af myself . I may leave the valves go till its noisy, then worry about it. If I take my 2 spring trips it would add 7600 to my mileage total,thus my concern over adjustment. Yet as I sit here thinking of the last two bikes only once at 50k did the little v ever need a adjustment and I was really wringing it neck on a very long trip before that.
I fucking worry too much in other words.
VIVA EL STINKO