Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SOLD - PDM60 Power Distribution Module  (Read 215 times)

Online zer0netgain

• Motorcycles: 2018 BMW R1200RS
SOLD - PDM60 Power Distribution Module
« on: December 03, 2019, 07:30:48 PM »
Amazon Product link:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M9MRA14/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Normally priced around $200 USD.  I’m asking for $150 and I’ll ship anywhere in the continental USA.

After much frustration, I’m pulling this unit off the RS and replacing it with a Fuze Block FZ-1.  Purchased on May 11, 2019 and still under the manufacturer 1-year warranty.  Should you install it and it doesn’t work properly (programming can be tricky), I will deal with the manufacturer if needed, but I’ll also include a copy of the purchase receipt.

This device offers up to 40 amps total load across 6 circuits with a 20 amp max on one particular circuit.  Otherwise fully programmable with switched power and ground wire triggers, delay power on and delay power off.  Unit works as a circuit breaker.  If a circuit overloads, it cuts power and is reset by turning bike off then on again.

So, why am I replacing it? 

I want to have some circuits “always on” and this buggers with options on the device.  Always on makes all indicator LEDs remain lit unless you add a kill switch to the hot wire to prevent battery drain.  Likewise, if any other circuit is switched power with a power on delay greater than zero seconds, the always on circuit will cut out as the unit “resets” and waits the proscribed time...which buggers with any device that lacks an internal battery to keep it running during these episodes.

The FZ-1 is analog and limited to 30 amps max, but it works.  Mixing always on and switched power isn’t an issue...even if you can’t program it with time delays and other neat tricks.  I’m going back to what worked FOR MY NEEDS.  If you don’t need anything but switched power options, this is a nice module for having options.

I plan to fully dismount the unit this weekend (12/7).  If you are interested, PM me.  Reasonable offers will be considered.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 10:15:55 AM by zer0netgain »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online chornbe

• Contributor
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
Re: PDM60 Power Distribution Module
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 08:58:10 PM »
I love that module. Great piece of tech. Wish I had the spare income to take it off your hands; I actually do have need. Hmmmm.....  :headscratch:

this signature on hold pending review

Online zer0netgain

Re: PDM60 Power Distribution Module
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 10:14:12 AM »
Sold.

Online chornbe

• Contributor
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
Re: SOLD - PDM60 Power Distribution Module
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 10:44:30 AM »
Excellent. Now i don't have to agonize over it. Not like I have time to do anythng with it or the bike anyway. Hope you got your full price.
this signature on hold pending review

Online zer0netgain

Re: SOLD - PDM60 Power Distribution Module
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 03:54:02 PM »
I did.  I was surprised it sold so fast.