Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Revzilla Buyer Beware  (Read 1621 times)

exploring/carolina, shil and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
Re: Revzilla Buyer Beware
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2019, 09:48:05 PM »
Youz guys is talkin about 2 differnt things.   

It would not be unreasonable for a brick & mortar establishment to price items with tax included. 

A website or catalogue selling internationally has a significantly more complicated challenge. 
Still, big tech has no difficulty tracking your location, big tech would do it if it was profitable.
The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible,
but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.   Vincent van Gogh

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2019, 09:30:27 AM »
It's affecting our work purchases now as well.  We're being charged taxes and we are tax exempt!  Apparently, the systems these places use are not updated and there is currently no way for them to easily override what the computer says to charge.

Your financial managers should be on top of how to submit for refunds of those taxes when filing.

It would not be unreasonable for a brick & mortar establishment to price items with tax included.

The only time I ever heard more than a random few people complaining about this issue was when I lived in the Seattle area. Oregonians were always bitching because of the things that were sales-tax-exempt in their state (but not anywhere else). Instead of learning they could go home or adapt, they were always whining about the tax not being rolled into the price up on the board at McD's. That they chose to go to McD's should have been enough of an explanation about that lack of learning skills (but it didn't help with their incessant whining).

I toss it over in the big trash heap of other complaints from people who move some place and complain that it's not like where they came from. Adapt or move back. That willingness to turn their new home into a mirror image of the dump they moved from is that's ruining Colorado, TX and other states when people flee there from places like CA, NY, or IL.

If we don't complain we might end up like you people. 

You win the Internet for the day!

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2019, 11:47:16 AM »
I'm going to move next door to Bounce and ruin the neighborhood.

I am so getting a dollar's worth out of this thread.... carry on.
Don't argue with an idiot; people might not know the difference. -Anonymous

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
  • Motorcycles: '16 Moto Guzzi Audace, '10 Ural T
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2019, 02:35:34 PM »

Like this?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Bubbles is my bitch.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2019, 03:07:22 PM »
The only time I ever heard more than a random few people complaining about this issue...

I’m not complaining Dude.   And I do adapt.  Quite readily.  More so than a lot of folks.

When we’re on holiday and I go to the bar and the menu says Negroni 5€, I lay out a 10 spot (for the 2 of us) and I’m done, either because it is not customary to tip at bars, or it not customary to tip at all in some countries because they pay their service staff a living wage.  I do tip if it’s expected, usually in tourist joints, but you have to be careful because in some countries tipping will offend the server. 

I’m not against paying taxes, because believe me, there’s a shitload of national, provincial and sometimes city etc. taxes packed into that round number.   

When i’m home, and the menu says Negroni $4.99 (well the menus here almost never list negronis because most Pennsyltuckians can’t pronounce it let alone mix one) but I know I will be paying $5.47 apiece and I might round that up to $10 anyway because I know the person behind the bar is making $2.54 (you might want to fact check that number because I don’t know what the minimum is here for service staff) but I know it isn’t much and my local pub here does make a fine tasting drink and they’re neighborhood kids.   

Just sayin it could be different. 

The reason things are priced differently here in the states goes back to marketing.   

And i don’t expect it to change, because as one of the few developed nations (I believe there are only 3) that dont use the metric system and one of the only 2 modern nations that allow televised drug commercials, and maybe one of the last few countries that doesn’t use one and 2 dollar coins with paper notes that are different sizes for different denominations and credit cards that rely on signatures instead of pins, we have a large population that is so entrenched in their narrow minded ways they can’t envision a different way of d king things.

My $0.02 RANT
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 08:03:12 PM by Skee »
but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.   Vincent van Gogh

Online PatM

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RT
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2019, 05:53:17 PM »
Or why they don’t set the price so that the total including tax comes out to a round dollar amount. 

Because no one does that? The oddest experience I ever had was to see a fast food place in WA (near the OR border) that had it's prices listed that INCLUDED the tax. Something about people bitching about the final price being different than listed because their state didn't charge sales tax (on food?). Adapt or dye mudderfuquarz. If you're a mouth breather, don't be surprised if you're one of the first to drown when the shit gets deep.

Europeans list prices with all taxes included. Some sites will post prices minus the taxes, for out of EU buyers.
The only things not included are shipping or service. It makes purchasing decisions easy.
Restaurants menus have all taxes included. Some add a cover charge. Tipping isn't required. You definitively get used to that.
But here in the Usa every state has a different tax rate and even some counties within the state are different. In Europe its country wide, not like here.

You're missing the point. It doesn't matter how many taxes and fees there are, only the final cost is advertised. I call that truth in advertising, no hotel rooms that end up costing 50% more than advertised, after taxes and resort fees. Or $50 meal that end up costing $75.
Just think about it, that is being done every day here. If you fill up your bike, anywhere in the US or Canada, or probably anywhere in the world for that matter, the price per gallon or litre is what you pay. I've yet to see a gas station add an extra $1 per gallon after I filled up. Some gas stations will break down the taxes on your slip but the total won't be any different.
You are missing the point,how do you list 50 or 60 prices for the item so every state or county is full price. It isnt a fucking gas pump or restaurant menu. It isnt realistic unless you just crank the price up to the highest possible amount to cover the highest possible tax. How do you do that Patmo???
:facepalm:
Ride safe!

Online Ray O'Sunshine

• Contributor
  • Cookie's bitch.
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2019, 08:48:03 AM »
Right. Without a standardized, nationwide flat and consistent tax, there's no way to do that. Period.

More and more, the notion of states, united, is becoming untenable, but no one wants to have that discussion. :shrug:
this signature on hold pending review

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2019, 08:51:28 AM »

Why... I orta...

As for Skee and Bubble's points, it's a lot easier when most of the countries are smaller than most of our individual states.

Online PatM

• Contributor
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2019, 10:15:00 AM »
Or why they don’t set the price so that the total including tax comes out to a round dollar amount. 

Because no one does that? The oddest experience I ever had was to see a fast food place in WA (near the OR border) that had it's prices listed that INCLUDED the tax. Something about people bitching about the final price being different than listed because their state didn't charge sales tax (on food?). Adapt or dye mudderfuquarz. If you're a mouth breather, don't be surprised if you're one of the first to drown when the shit gets deep.

Europeans list prices with all taxes included. Some sites will post prices minus the taxes, for out of EU buyers.
The only things not included are shipping or service. It makes purchasing decisions easy.
Restaurants menus have all taxes included. Some add a cover charge. Tipping isn't required. You definitively get used to that.
But here in the Usa every state has a different tax rate and even some counties within the state are different. In Europe its country wide, not like here.

You're missing the point. It doesn't matter how many taxes and fees there are, only the final cost is advertised. I call that truth in advertising, no hotel rooms that end up costing 50% more than advertised, after taxes and resort fees. Or $50 meal that end up costing $75.
Just think about it, that is being done every day here. If you fill up your bike, anywhere in the US or Canada, or probably anywhere in the world for that matter, the price per gallon or litre is what you pay. I've yet to see a gas station add an extra $1 per gallon after I filled up. Some gas stations will break down the taxes on your slip but the total won't be any different.
You are missing the point,how do you list 50 or 60 prices for the item so every state or county is full price. It isnt a fucking gas pump or restaurant menu. It isnt realistic unless you just crank the price up to the highest possible amount to cover the highest possible tax. How do you do that Patmo???
:facepalm:
You don't need to list 60 prices per item, you just display the price per item according to the customer's location.
If you need to charge the proper taxes with the order, you need that location.
Ride safe!

Online Ray O'Sunshine

• Contributor
  • Cookie's bitch.
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2019, 10:51:46 AM »

You don't need to list 60 prices per item, you just display the price per item according to the customer's location.

We're getting into some silly weeds here, and we can all talk in circles all day long... but that's not feasible. At least not yet.

As mentioned, PA has like 4 tax zones, maybe more, and before I tune my settings on location, I emerge onto the 'net in a Philly Verizon connection point, which puts me at a 7% tax rate purchase area.

I live in Delaware where there is no sales tax and on anything but vehicles, my effective rate is zero. On new, dealer-purchased vehicles it's (I believe) either 1.2 or 2.1%. It's negligible in the real world, but matters greatly in an increasingly human-out buying model.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2019, 11:47:46 AM »
Agree with that.   

Online PatM

• Contributor
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2019, 12:54:35 PM »

We're getting into some silly weeds here, and we can all talk in circles all day long... but that's not feasible. At least not yet.

As mentioned, PA has like 4 tax zones, maybe more, and before I tune my settings on location, I emerge onto the 'net in a Philly Verizon connection point, which puts me at a 7% tax rate purchase area.

I live in Delaware where there is no sales tax and on anything but vehicles, my effective rate is zero. On new, dealer-purchased vehicles it's (I believe) either 1.2 or 2.1%. It's negligible in the real world, but matters greatly in an increasingly human-out buying model.
Why, just ask the customer. "Dear customer, we see you are located in X city, in Y county, etc. All prices are listed according to that location, if your location is different, please enter your zip code or login to your account."
The rest is just lookup tables.
And that is only if you are required to charge taxes for out of state/county/city delivery.

I can see why online retailers may not want to do that. But that is another discussion.
Ride safe!

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2019, 01:30:39 PM »
I still like Revzilla, and I would probably buy more stuff from them if they carried my size. 

At my local shop, they will special order my size if I am interested without obligation to buy.  So I buy pretty much all my gear there, even if I don’t get the best price, they are competitive. 

Few years ago, I drove down to Revzilla.  Turns out I knew someone working there.  He told me to not even bother looking.   According to him, Revzilla operates like a boutique, and they don’t carry specialty sizes because the margin isn’t profitable. I looked through the racks, and he was correct.

I can order from anyone online.  Haven’t been back to Revzilla since. 

Online Ray O'Sunshine

• Contributor
  • Cookie's bitch.
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2019, 04:26:51 PM »

Why, just ask the customer. "Dear customer, we see you are located in X city, in Y county, etc. All prices are listed according to that location, if your location is different, please enter your zip code or login to your account."
The rest is just lookup tables.
And that is only if you are required to charge taxes for out of state/county/city delivery.

I can see why online retailers may not want to do that. But that is another discussion.

Cost. I'm a software developer. no one would pay what that costs to retro-fit into existing stuff. New stuff, sure. But I'm constantly fighting entrenchment in my job. Very, very, very few "new" software packages, features, or systems actually ever see the light of day, compared to what exists, and what works well enough.

Online Ray O'Sunshine

• Contributor
  • Cookie's bitch.
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2019, 04:27:48 PM »
I still like Revzilla, and I would probably buy more stuff from them if they carried my size. 

At my local shop, they will special order my size if I am interested without obligation to buy.  So I buy pretty much all my gear there, even if I don’t get the best price, they are competitive. 

Few years ago, I drove down to Revzilla.  Turns out I knew someone working there.  He told me to not even bother looking.   According to him, Revzilla operates like a boutique, and they don’t carry specialty sizes because the margin isn’t profitable. I looked through the racks, and he was correct.

I can order from anyone online.  Haven’t been back to Revzilla since.

Yep, you and I have the same problem, just from opposite directions. Being short and round is just as bad. :\

Online zer0netgain

• Motorcycles: 2018 BMW R1200RS
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2019, 05:36:13 AM »
Cost. I'm a software developer. no one would pay what that costs to retro-fit into existing stuff. New stuff, sure. But I'm constantly fighting entrenchment in my job. Very, very, very few "new" software packages, features, or systems actually ever see the light of day, compared to what exists, and what works well enough.

True but that’s a lame excuse in this era of e-marketing.  Buy or pick up in store, pay local tax rate.  Ship to customer, it goes be tax rates relative to destination.  If Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. are doing it, the software is out there already.

Of course, that’s why some business move out of cities...to avoid the headaches.

Online Ray O'Sunshine

• Contributor
  • Cookie's bitch.
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2019, 06:41:41 AM »
* shrug *

I'm not defending it. I'm explaining it. I agree, it's lame and idiotic.

We can't get universities to start using our free product over their entrenched pay-for product because it's entrenched. "Come back in 3-4 years."

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2019, 10:04:56 AM »
I don't believe cost has as much to do with it as marketing.   (off in the weeds again!)

Marketing folks know that you are less likely to back out of a sale because of nominal shipping and tax fees after you have made a purchase decision.  And they make it difficult to compare the actual final cost before you click on the checkout button.

Whaddya think they are a bunch of slopeheads or what?

I will give Revzilla A+ for customer service. 

I bought my Sena there because 1) they had different models in stock and 2) they were able to show me the difference between them in the store and 3) no hassle warrenty return 9 months later when the battery died.  (A couple of you guys probably still laughing about me riding into Shady Valley with half-dozen cables (at least 3) plugged into my helmet to keep it charged & running while I tried to continue using it.)  Replacement is several years old and still holding a charge.

Now if I could only figure out how to spend my 30 Zilla bucks...

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2019, 10:31:10 AM »

We can't get universities to start using our free product over their entrenched pay-for product because it's entrenched. "Come back in 3-4 years."

seeing it from the other side I can tell you exactly why they act that way. they've been burned enough times with the "bigger, better, more versatile, etc,etc,etc"  sales pitch, so they are gun shy. we do the same thing in the power industry. don't fuck with it if it's working. not to mention if it has to integrate with anything else it won't. Then of course it's always the other persons issue.
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2019, 10:59:49 AM »

Agreed. Something "as simple" as changing all references on my complete web site (and it's not complex) took about 2 hours of tediously searching-and-replacing HTTP with HTTPS (while making sure only the desired links were affected).

That ain't jack compared to rebuilding an entire e-commerce site to use tax look-up tables and then be able to stay on top of their dynamic changes.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2019, 11:25:14 AM »
I agree that re-designing your entire website at this point in time would be cost-prohibitive.   

But...but...but aren't they already using those tax look-up tables after the sale?

How much harder would it have been to build the website to apply those same tables before the sale?

Tell me then, why was the site designed to apply the table after the sale rather than before the sale?

What role did cost play in making that decision?

If there were an economic incentive (i.e an increase in profitable sales) to re-design websites, it would not surprise me if that were done before the end of this fiscal quarter.  Or else!

Online PatM

• Contributor
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2019, 12:17:16 PM »
I agree that re-designing your entire website at this point in time would be cost-prohibitive.   

But...but...but aren't they already using those tax look-up tables after the sale?

How much harder would it have been to build the website to apply those same tables before the sale?

Tell me then, why was the site designed to apply the table after the sale rather than before the sale?

If there were an economic incentive (i.e an increase in profitable sales) to re-design websites, it would not surprise me if that were done before the end of this fiscal quarter.  Or else!

Unless required by law, I don't think there is any incentive to do so. The first online retail stores to do so would close quickly. How could they compete with those that wouldn't follow?
Tour agencies here are required by the Provincial Consumer Protection Act to do so. All our online prices are All Taxes and Services included, including International airport taxes, fuel surcharges and currency fluctuations.
Ride safe!

Online Ray O'Sunshine

• Contributor
  • Cookie's bitch.
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2019, 01:08:24 PM »

Because taxes aren't meant to be part of the buying equation, because before the 'net it was an immaterial line of thinking. no one would travel to buy a tv, unless you lived close enough to a state without sales tax, like here in delaware with people from Philly and Bal'mor'. That's relatively rare in the world of brick and mortar stores in the material world with material goods. Mail order was all but dead by the 80s. Logistics and fuel costs made buying outside the scope of local brick and mortar made damned little sense other than specialty items, sizes, or foreign goods.

And all this Net <---> Tax stuff was enacted long, long after ecommerce was already a thing and was not enforced at all by law, which was enacted long, long after retail sales was a thing. If you look at the timeline of retail sales -> internet -> ecommerce -> taxation, there's not  a flow that makes sense from a "what we know now" perspective. It's the best example "hindsight is 20/20" pretty much any where in the real world. Nothing on the net was taxed at first, then some was, then more was, and it seems Amazon and eBay are the last hold outs, and were still doing so legally based on presence.

It doesn't matter what your or I think; neither you nor I are writing the checks to retrofit stuff into entrenched systems that, 99% of the time, are running on 1995-sophistication-level software in some shitty PHP package that only feels modern through patches and updates, and is in reality a spaghetti bowl of shit code, wrapped around shit patches applied to shit code, that's not equipped to call a modern API.

I'm working on a system right now that loads EVERYTHING about a user and his business into page-code rendered HTML to surface later because the back end runs so piss-poorly that it can't handle frequent return visits to an api because 1) there's no API, and 2) it's shit code, and 3) even though it's "new" code (written in the last two years), it was done so by 1995-level coders working in PHP which is an antiquated, mixed layer piece of shit platform.

Sure, it *can* be constructed to work in a more modern MVC w/REST design, but most PHP coders don't think that way because they're 1995 coders getting by doing the same thing over and over and over and over again. Like Harley riders who are actually 1-year-experience riders for 30 years.

Bottom line... it's a pointless conversation;  without NEW systems being written, it's not even remotely cost effective to change something like this in what is almost assuredly a legacy platform.

As a guy who works in this stuff every day, I promise you, your ideas are sound, not cost effective, and are pointless thought exercises that will only serve to frustrate you further because you don't accept the "not cost effective" answer, even though it's the only answer that exists in the real world. :D

Whew. Eat that circle's tail for a while. Yikes.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 01:26:11 PM by The Artist Formerly Known As Bubbles »

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2019, 01:28:55 PM »
Are all sales taxes ect country wide in Canada? Or is there some allowance for regional  government to add on stuff like in the USA. ( Boy do they ever hop on that bandwagon).
And a FYI I use Sportbike track gear to buy most of my gear as they have the best selection of stuff that fits me and prices that are very good.
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2019, 01:39:55 PM »
Oh, I totally get it.  Many e-commerce sites were built before sales tax laws were applied.

There is no justifiable economic incentive to change the current design.

What you & I are saying are like 2 different sides of the same coin.  From my side, it's marketing that doesn't want CB (the OP) to see the $1 PA recycle fee and 8% sales tax (versus 6% he would have paid in Stormtown) before he decided to buy because knowing about that extra cost might have affected his purchase decision.  And as PatM said, Revzilla would not be able to compete if they did it differently.

It's always about the money, isn't it? 

PS Folks here in PA been crossing state lines to beat sales taxes long before the internet.

Online Ray O'Sunshine

• Contributor
  • Cookie's bitch.
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2019, 08:51:13 PM »
 :bigok: :thumbsup:

Sorry, wasn't trying to overexplain to you, Frank. Just quoted yours as it was the most salient and concise jump-off point.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2019, 09:11:02 PM »
Hey no offense taken.  I’ve been enjoying this.  Love the lawn decorations.  LMAO

That post was a long read

Online shil

• Motorcycles: 2013 Multistrada, 1979 XS650S
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2019, 07:09:32 AM »
Are all sales taxes ect country wide in Canada? Or is there some allowance for regional  government to add on stuff like in the USA. ( Boy do they ever hop on that bandwagon).
And a FYI I use Sportbike track gear to buy most of my gear as they have the best selection of stuff that fits me and prices that are very good.

We've got a Federal VAT on pretty much everything, at all stages of production.
Provinces also set their own Provincial Sales Tax, but most have glommed their's together with the Federal tax so we no longer see two taxes on a receipt.
Right now in Ontario that's a total 13%. Local governments don't have a sales tax, it does not jump around as in PA.
Details here.

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2019, 08:01:07 AM »
just got a package from revzilla all is well    ;) ;D
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2019, 08:34:09 AM »
Thanks Shil.
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Offline OHScot

• Motorcycles: K1200GT, Ural Patrol, R75/6, Reflex, CT70 clone
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2019, 09:38:56 AM »
Still have believe that if everyone paid the proper sales taxes the percentage should go down a lot.  The Canada VAT tax is outrageous. 

They have indicated that I could be orange.

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250, Ninja 500R
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2019, 01:30:46 PM »
Hey no offense taken.  I’ve been enjoying this.  Love the lawn decorations.  LMAO

That post was a long read

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

:headscratch:

Wait, you actually READ that??!??

:P
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2019, 09:36:42 AM »
Still have believe that if everyone paid the proper sales taxes the percentage should go down a lot.

Few taxes have ever been removed or reduced (usually just a shift from one area to another to pretend there's a reduction).

TX still have a $0.10 sales/gas tax to pay for the Super Collider that we never got the contract for and was shuttered back in the 90s.

Online exploring/carolina

« Reply #83 on: Today at 08:06:06 AM »
I bought a new tire last night and they were the only place anywhere that had the new Michelin Road 5GT in stock that I could order before the rebate time period ran out.  So against my better judgement I ordered it.  So here's the rub.  Sales tax where I'm at in PA (and 95% of PA) is 6%.  Revzilla charges 8% since they are in Philly, and on top of that they charge a $1.00 tire recycling fee for every tire sold in PA. 

Started buying tires from American Moto a few years ago.  Purchased a Pilot Power 120/70ZR/17 last week from American Moto Tire in AZ for $104.29 (listed price) delivered to my doorstep in NC. Tires purchased from them in the past have had recent DOT date codes, too.

https://www.americanmototire.com/street-cruiser-touring/michelin-pilot-power-120-70zr-17-58w-front-92557-95895-mc.html
« Last Edit: Today at 08:17:54 AM by exploring/carolina »
Bill
FJ09 CB500X CX500D

Online Ray O'Sunshine

• Contributor
  • Cookie's bitch.
« Reply #84 on: Today at 08:52:32 AM »
I bought a new tire last night and they were the only place anywhere that had the new Michelin Road 5GT in stock that I could order before the rebate time period ran out.  So against my better judgement I ordered it.  So here's the rub.  Sales tax where I'm at in PA (and 95% of PA) is 6%.  Revzilla charges 8% since they are in Philly, and on top of that they charge a $1.00 tire recycling fee for every tire sold in PA. 

Started buying tires from American Moto a few years ago.  Purchased a Pilot Power 120/70ZR/17 last week from American Moto Tire in AZ for $104.29 (listed price) delivered to my doorstep in NC. Tires purchased from them in the past have had recent DOT date codes, too.

https://www.americanmototire.com/street-cruiser-touring/michelin-pilot-power-120-70zr-17-58w-front-92557-95895-mc.html

That is literally the first and thus far only concrete evidence of the great "deals" people find on tires. They're fine street prices and published and in stock. Literally every time I've seen people post about great tire deals, I can't ever find them, or they ended, or it was a special link, or "Oh, I guess I got the last one", or it was aspirational bullshit or mythical story telling or something.

Thanks for the link. Saved for later use.

« Reply #85 on: Today at 09:06:47 AM »

That is literally the first and thus far only concrete evidence of the great "deals" people find on tires. They're fine street prices and published and in stock. Literally every time I've seen people post about great tire deals, I can't ever find them, or they ended, or it was a special link, or "Oh, I guess I got the last one", or it was aspirational bullshit or mythical story telling or something.

Thanks for the link. Saved for later use.

When you search a tire size, like how their website displays tires, too:

Example 180/55/17:

https://www.americanmototire.com/search-results/?q=180%2F55-17

Thanks,
Bill
FJ09 CB500X CX500D

Online leeo45

• Motorcycles: ALTA EXR, VFR800, R12GS Adv, 640Adv, 525EXC, 400XCW, etc.
« Reply #86 on: Today at 09:59:38 AM »

Is that the old SW Moto Tire?    I used to buy tires from them all the time and then they got sort of screwy.   I never quite figured out what was going on but they changed their name and website several times and never had anything in stock.   I finally quit looking and calling them.

If so, I hope they are straightened back out.   They were always good, helpful people with good prices as SWMT.

« Reply #87 on: Today at 11:00:05 AM »

Is that the old SW Moto Tire?    I used to buy tires from them all the time and then they got sort of screwy.   I never quite figured out what was going on but they changed their name and website several times and never had anything in stock.   I finally quit looking and calling them.

If so, I hope they are straightened back out.   They were always good, helpful people with good prices as SWMT.

They may be the same folks. There was a change with their website a few years ago. I have not talked to them on the telephone, but they always replied in a timely fashion when I sent a message. Their prices are competitive, shipping is fast, and they have tire supplies for folks that mount their own tires. I have not been using many tires lately (hope to start using more), but the last order was shipped quickly FedX.

https://www.americanmototire.com/accessories/
Bill
FJ09 CB500X CX500D

Online leeo45

• Motorcycles: ALTA EXR, VFR800, R12GS Adv, 640Adv, 525EXC, 400XCW, etc.
« Reply #88 on: Today at 11:35:41 AM »

They may be the same folks. There was a change with their website a few years ago. I have not talked to them on the telephone, but they always replied in a timely fashion when I sent a message. Their prices are competitive, shipping is fast, and they have tire supplies for folks that mount their own tires. I have not been using many tires lately (hope to start using more), but the last order was shipped quickly FedX.

https://www.americanmototire.com/accessories/

I took the time to find an old invoice.   It looks like SW Moto Tire was in Tucson and they may have changed their name yet again (rarely a good sign).    American Moto Tire is in Phoenix so probably a different entity.   I've saved the AMT link for possible future purchases.   Thanks.