Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Go Pro Hero 4 video editing software  (Read 147 times)

Offline Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250
Go Pro Hero 4 video editing software
« on: August 13, 2019, 11:26:04 AM »
I have the above mentioned camera.  I like it.  No need to upgrade.  However, I have zero software.  I need some way of editing video.  Here's the catch.  I need it on CD or some other hard medium.  We don't have the bandwidth for a huge download. 

What should I be looking for?  Is the GoPro software good?  Is there stuff that's better that works w/ the GoPro?  My primary concern is video stabilization but after that is delete / splice or whatever that's called in camera world.  Late to the game, I know.

School me up.  Using a windows based laptop from many years ago.  I can get details if necessary.
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I AM A GOD!
  • Motorcycles: Custom Built '83 KZ440/'07 XL1200C (sold. Let's not do that again)/'17 T120 Black/'16 Moto Guzzi Audace
Re: Go Pro Hero 4 video editing software
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 11:58:00 AM »
I believe I have a product by wondershare. When I get home I'll take a closer look. It's simple enough and is quite capable. I believe I bought a license for I want to say 60 bucks. It's definitely worth it over the free stuff.
I am The Ban.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Otay!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 09:11:03 PM »
For simple stuff I just use Windows Movie Maker.  Quick and easy.  For more complex stuff I have some old software by Sony that works.
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
"Buckwheat is dead"

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 10:29:14 PM »
I need it on CD or some other hard medium.

I don't think you need to restrict to that (if some program is desired). One of us could tend the download and place onto physical media conversion for you, myself included.

I'm a Pinnacle Studio person though the Windows Movie Maker is very high on the list.
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Online zer0netgain

• Motorcycles: 2018 BMW R1200RS
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 04:30:46 AM »
Decent editing software isn’t that expensive.  I had to upgrade to edit iPhone footage because the old editor couldn’t load it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I AM A GOD!
  • Motorcycles: Custom Built '83 KZ440/'07 XL1200C (sold. Let's not do that again)/'17 T120 Black/'16 Moto Guzzi Audace
I am The Ban.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 08:58:35 AM »
There are some very expensive options out there. I've found a package that gives me something like 90% of the functionality and can teach you to use the user interface of several high-profile software packages (selecting the interface you want from 3 or so options) for a fraction of those high roller packages.

DaVinci Resolve

You can go with the Studio version for $299 if you are using it to make money. Otherwise, stick with the free version.

Offline Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 09:40:25 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  Videoproc seems to be pimping itself pretty heavily during my searches.  Any experience with that?
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2019, 07:06:08 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  Videoproc seems to be pimping itself pretty heavily during my searches.  Any experience with that?

I would recommend playing with the FREE version of Davinci Resolve before spending money on ANYTHING.

Just saw this: "DaVinci Resolve 16.1 introduces a new Boring Detector that allows the whole timeline to be highlighted where any shot is too long and would be boring for a viewer to watch."

Talk about a powerful tool that MANY people need to use.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 07:43:51 AM by Bounce »