Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Rant thread, what pisses you off? (no politics or religion allowed) NSFW  (Read 614163 times)

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250, Ninja 500R
I am pretty much just throwing my food in the oven and turning it on. Sure it takes a little longer but with meat you get maybe a little collagen breakdown (more tender) with the pre-heating and with vegetables you get more creamy centers and then the crisp outside.

You said creamy center...

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x91e3a

If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Offline SuperHans

• Contributor
We got an air fryer and cook a large majority of stuff in it. I really like how food turns out when using it.

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
I had posted this elsewhere but after thinking about it for a bit I believe I actually have a rant going here.

Over the course of the last week we have developed and implemented a rather extensive policy and procedure for the separation of employees. It includes no more than six people in the break room at a time, one shift can't commingle with the other shift. We are using separate parking lots. Only so many at the time clock at a time. There are areas marked off signifying 6-foot intervals for walking and standing where there are groups such as meetings. We have established a perimeter that truckers must remain in as to decrease the influx of people into the plants. So, today I witnessed one of the women that works in the shipping department come out walk into the shipping area walk right up to one of the truckers, throw her arms around him and give him a big hug. She has no clue why three people said something and she's pissed at all of us. Yes, us. She says that she's not taking this virus thing seriously she's hugging all her church people and she doesn't see what the big deal is all about. Sweet Jesus.
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

― Frank Zappa

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
I had posted this elsewhere but after thinking about it for a bit I believe I actually have a rant going here.

Over the course of the last week we have developed and implemented a rather extensive policy and procedure for the separation of employees. It includes no more than six people in the break room at a time, one shift can't commingle with the other shift. We are using separate parking lots. Only so many at the time clock at a time. There are areas marked off signifying 6-foot intervals for walking and standing where there are groups such as meetings. We have established a perimeter that truckers must remain in as to decrease the influx of people into the plants. So, today I witnessed one of the women that works in the shipping department come out walk into the shipping area walk right up to one of the truckers, throw her arms around him and give him a big hug. She has no clue why three people said something and she's pissed at all of us. Yes, us. She says that she's not taking this virus thing seriously she's hugging all her church people and she doesn't see what the big deal is all about. Sweet Jesus.

Show her this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/nyregion/new-jersey-family-coronavirus.html
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
We switched over to a toaster oven for anything that will fit (just two people)  It preheats in the time it takes to finish a long fart.

Air fryer lid for Instant Pot. Most excellent and dumps the unitasker (toaster oven) for the multitasking IP.

Offline sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Trapped!
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S
Amazon Prime delivery just went to fuck you, we'll send it when we get round to it.  I placed an order yesterday for some screws for my laptop projects with "guaranteed 3 day delivery".  Checked the order today and it was pushed out to April 20th.   :fitz:  Order and membership cancelled. 

Placed order on eBay with delivery by next Tuesday.  We'll see how that goes. 
--Tom

Offline radon222

• Contributor
  • It's all Scratch's fault
  • Motorcycles: R1200GSAW, R1200RT
Amazon Prime delivery just went to fuck you, we'll send it when we get round to it.  I placed an order yesterday for some screws for my laptop projects with "guaranteed 3 day delivery".  Checked the order today and it was pushed out to April 20th.   :fitz:  Order and membership cancelled. 

Placed order on eBay with delivery by next Tuesday.  We'll see how that goes.

Amazon started that last week,  any order not directly related to immediate needs, ie paper products, cleaning supplies, etc is getting post-poned until late April.

Offline sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Trapped!
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S
I can't find it anywhere on their main page.  Never would have placed the order knowing that.  It needs to go on top and bold notification.  They also need to spend a bit of programming time to remove the Prime next day from all their sales pages.

Like I said, we'll see how the eBay transactions go.
--Tom

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still

Show her this:

Subscribe now or log in. 

There's my rant.  FNYT
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....

Show her this:

Subscribe now or log in. 

There's my rant.  FNYT

Ugh. Forgot about that. But they are supposed to have all their coronavirus stuff available for free. BRB.
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
The idiot boutique gym owner in Pine Township Pa. who refuses to shutdown because she doesn't believe the government can shutdown a business. And a second dumbass award to the idiots going there.
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One

Show her this:

Subscribe now or log in. 

There's my rant.  FNYT

Well yeahFuck the NYT

If you want to read it anyway. Click the lock to the left of the url in Chrome (site information) disable javascript, reload and read entire article.

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....

Show her this:

Subscribe now or log in. 

There's my rant.  FNYT

Well yeahFuck the NYT

If you want to read it anyway. Click the lock to the left of the url in Chrome (site information) disable javascript, reload and read entire article.

:bigok: You can also research Fusco family.

Online M.Brane

• Motorcycles: 3 RC46, GTS1000

Most major news sites work way better without the shitty Javascirpt.

Offline squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
  • Motorcycles: 16 Tiger Xr(x)
We switched over to a toaster oven for anything that will fit (just two people)  It preheats in the time it takes to finish a long fart.

Air fryer lid for Instant Pot. Most excellent and dumps the unitasker (toaster oven) for the multitasking IP.

Hmmm...  going to check that out.
A man with no sig

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
Today I celebrate the beginning of the third week of my nasty springtime cold.  It seems that the only time the tickle in my throat is turned off is when my head and body are absolutely upright. I have to be extremely groggy to sleep lying down, and then I still wake up about every 2 to 3 hours with a coughing fit.  The usual pattern is not to see much improvement until the end of the third week, and a light cough will linger for a few weeks thereafter.

And I'm probably not lucky enough to get my coronavirus over with--it's probably just a normal cold.  >:(
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Offline stevent

• Motorcycles: 2010 K1300GT
My back still hurts. It's been a month near as I can tell, and supposedly it takes 6 weeks or so to heal. I had an x-ray and they didn't find anything abnormal for my age. I started an MRI and made it half way through until my whole head went in the tube, then I freaked out like a bitch and punched out. I told the doctor I have severe claustrophobia and needed to be basically comatose for this to work, so he gave me two anti anxiety meds. I may as well have smoked a fucking bowl for all the good they did.

Anyway I'm well and truly tired of this shit, I don't give a fuck about corvid or quarantines or shutdowns or any of that bullshit. It's all I can do to walk from the bedroom to the kitchen. My wifes been getting up with me and making my lunch for work and making sure I get to the car alright, at work I use an office chair like a walker to get from the car to the control room.

I'm no pussy and I can take a punch, but god damn this shit fucking hurts. I'll never look down on someone with back problems again I swear.

:gerg:
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a hens arse?"

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
I'm no pussy and I can take a punch, but god damn this shit fucking hurts. I'll never look down on someone with back problems again I swear.

Dude, it's rough. "I feel you, bro" as the kids say. Pain fatigue is... it's pure ruination of the soul, really. People don't realize how bad chronic pain can screw every area of your life. I'm sorry man. I hope you find some relief soon.
this signature on hold pending review

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
Work stuff. Again. As usual. nothing new, I guess.

We're not making sales; sales are our only revenue. Our sales model is not optimized for a virtual/remote existence, and ain't nobody spending no kinda no money on non-essentials, as much as management wants to believe otherwise. So...

We're putting together this "We're all in this together" campaign for some targeted advertising stuff, as an opt-in thing. "Open an email, feed a child" - read 10 email advertisement, and $2 is given to a food bank here in Wilmington. All very good and noble, 100% opt-in, etc., etc., etc. Very cool.

So I'm working on getting all this put together.
Our art / brand management person worked for decades in print media and just doesn't really get dynamic layout and output.
I've had the demo site up for over a week now, and tweaking the layout and such while getting all the functionality in place. THIS MORNING, 2 hours before a live demo, I had to rush to get the home page updated and pushed to production. Needed the video assets and copy and all that finalized.

10 minutes before the demo, boss called and wanted the video pulled, replaced with a still image, a bunch of copy changed, etc., etc., etc.

Fine. Got all that done.

Then all the 11th hour quarterbacks chimed in... "I don't like THIS wording", "I don't think that works there", "Why doesn't it...", "Maybe it should be this style...."

99% of this stuff hasn't changed in over a week, but hey... yes, by all means, let's go right ahead and FINALLY look at it now.

Small companies and committee decisions overseen by someone who doesn't work in web, all driven by a boss who doesn't always translate what in his head to a final product discussion very well, or in a timely fashion...

I think I'm taking the rest of the day off. I'm just... dejected.

Offline stevent

Dude, it's rough. "I feel you, bro" as the kids say. Pain fatigue is... it's pure ruination of the soul, really. People don't realize how bad chronic pain can screw every area of your life. I'm sorry man. I hope you find some relief soon.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Chronic pain really does focus your mind, I'll say that much. I even shaved off my beard thinking that not looking like I'm 80 would help, no luck yet but I was sick of all the gray anyway. Hopefully the doctor, spine clinic and interweb research will prove correct and the 6 weeks is accurate, can't come soon enough that's sure.
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a hens arse?"

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire

Thanks, I appreciate that. Chronic pain really does focus your mind, I'll say that much. I even shaved off my beard thinking that not looking like I'm 80 would help, no luck yet but I was sick of all the gray anyway. Hopefully the doctor, spine clinic and interweb research will prove correct and the 6 weeks is accurate, can't come soon enough that's sure.

Good Luck! 

It sounds like they're not handing out the Oxy like candy, but if they're pumping you full of pain meds, make certain that there's a plan to get you off of them as well.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Offline stevent

Good Luck! 

It sounds like they're not handing out the Oxy like candy, but if they're pumping you full of pain meds, make certain that there's a plan to get you off of them as well.

No, only Tylenol and ibuprofen and a few days worth of prednisone. They didn't offer any opiates and I didn't ask for them, which is for the better all the way around. I have Kaiser-Permanente insurance and they don't seem to be handing them out like they used to. I know at one time they were giving them out in 5 gallon buckets for a sprained ankle but those days thankfully seem to be gone.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
This is probably going to get political, so some other mod can pull it off if deemed worthy.

Our fucking governor just pulled the plug on school for the entire year.  She didn't say "Let's close through April and re-evaluate", no, she pulled the plug on the whole thing.  I'll remember that when she runs for vice president.  That fucking sucks.  I teach- it's what I do.  And yes, I've been doing it online, and I will continue to do it online, because I love my kids, but this is not how it is supposed to go.  It fucking sucks and I'm pissed and sad, all at the same time.  Sad for my kids who are not going to get a normal end to their 8th grade year, sad for the fact that my kids will miss on the many things that we do in class- from personal interactions to really cool demos.  I'm sad that I can't do those things with them.

Sure, I'll get over it.  I'll deal with it and teach online to the best of my ability- and my students will learn.

But right now I'm fucking pissed and this sucks.
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
I get your frustrations. :(

On a wider view, I can not see this as a bad decision, given the projections on sicknesses, asymptomatic carriers, lingering damages from sickness, and the deaths.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
I have a question:

Are we all in reality?  Does anyone understand WTF this social distancing is doing?  I mean it seems like some people think "Oh, we'll just social distance and it will go away!"

People have no fucking clue how it works.  This shit is gonna go through the people. Sure, we can social distance, but as soo as we come back together it takes ONE FUCKING PERSON to start the whole thing over again.  There's NO herd immunity, NO vaccine in sight.  It's gonna go through the masses.

So why the social distancing?  So not everyone fucking gets it at once.  That's why all the social distancing.

And it DID NOT make sense to end it all now.  That's a fucking political stunt to get her noticed by Biden and to make her "stand out!"  Fucking end it till April, then re-evaluate.  Follow the fucking science.
Let's do some science.

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
I think the reality is escaping people at this point.  The whole idea is to slow the spread so medical facilities can keep up. We’re all going to be exposed at some point, it’s the only way it goes away. 
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
Bingo.  It has to cross the herd immunity threshold.
Let's do some science.

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
Yeah, not nearly enough people are taking it seriously. There's a shit load of people who could benefit from not getting it due to being compromised and buy us all time to get to point of vaccinations or solid, factual treatments becoming available.

I don't wish ANYONE ill, but I think a LOT more people would take it more seriously if people they actually knew and cared about got very sick or worse, died, from this disease - especially if it was because these guidelines were ignored.

It's not about making sure we never get it, as individuals; it's about keeping the number of patients at the same time low enough as to not completely overwhelm everything, and again, making sure we can get as many people into the future where we have treatments and vaccinations. CDC is holding firm on their 12-18 month estimate for proper vaccinations (last I read) despite... ahem... certain public figures just making shit up out of thin air. :(

So yeah.. it helps. It can help. It SHOULD help...

Meanwhile, I ran out for some groceries the other day and the park was full of walkers, bicyclists, dog folks. JFC people...  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

On a personal note: I'm getting REALLY sick of hearing "yeah, but the deaths are only at...." Fuck that. Those deaths aren't REPLACING other deaths, so it's increasing how many people are dying, and STILL people are justifying the "relatively low numbers compared to..." Once again with feeling... FUCK. THAT.

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
I totally agree with you on this point

This shit is gonna go through the people. Sure, we can social distance, but as soon as we come back together  ... There's NO herd immunity, ...  It's gonna go through the masses.

So why the social distancing?  So not everyone fucking gets it at once.  That's why all the social distancing.

However, there is more than one way for this to end.   One school of thought says let's get it over with.  Maybe half the population gets sick, a small percentage of the sick die, and then life goes back to more-or-less normal.  The other way is social distancing to flatten out the curve until a vaccine is developed, or until some herd immunity builds up, or until the virus mutates (and dies out or gets worse), or maybe until we just accept this recurring illness as a way of life. 

I think I'm going to try and wait it out through as much social isolation as possible.

When can I start riding again?
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.    Henry Ford

The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible,
but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.   Vincent van Gogh

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
Additionally, ask any parent of a child who has/had lifelong seizures, chronic pneumonia, encephalitis, who died, or other long term conditions how they feel about the old "let's just let the kid get the disease and get back to normal." All that sounds great, in theory... but theory isn't burying a kid, or pushing him around in a wheel chair after brain damage, or watching him grow into a gaunt adult and probably die because his lungs don't work right any more, and a host of other things from "just a childhood disease." Saw enough of that in my childhood, thankyouverymuch, nowpleasegetyourfuckingvaccinationorgetoutofmyhouse.

Offline stevent

Additionally, ask any parent of a child who has/had lifelong seizures, chronic pneumonia, encephalitis, who died, or other long term conditions how they feel about the old "let's just let the kid get the disease and get back to normal." All that sounds great, in theory... but theory isn't burying a kid, or pushing him around in a wheel chair after brain damage, or watching him grow into a gaunt adult and probably die because his lungs don't work right any more, and a host of other things from "just a childhood disease." Saw enough of that in my childhood, thankyouverymuch, nowpleasegetyourfuckingvaccinationorgetoutofmyhouse.

I'm old enough to remember polio kids and iron lungs too, all that shit that vaccinations eradicated for the most part. Developing a vaccination for this, coupled with herd immunity, natural tolerance and our own bodies figuring out how to kill the virus will stop this at some point. Until then just stay home for long enough to flatten the curve and get some kind of handle on this.

Closing school for the year sucks, my wife and two of her daughters are teachers or involved with students as school nurses and community outreach but if keeping kids out keeps them safe then that's what we need to do.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
Alright- how about a ranking of that rant?  Obviously I'm no I'm not Carl, but I was in a pretty dark place when I wrote that string and pretty pissed off.  I'm coming out of it.
Let's do some science.

Offline Jim

• Contributor
1) Worth entry to the thread.

2) Pick up some beer on the way to the fish'n hole.

3) The "second" (and third, forth..., albeit smaller) wave is timed for when - fall back to school season??
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Online miles

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Two of them
This.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
Alright- how about a ranking of that rant?  Obviously I'm no I'm not Carl, but I was in a pretty dark place when I wrote that string and pretty pissed off.  I'm coming out of it.

The art of rant can be very, very therapeutic. It's why I don't have stress, ulcers, and high blood pressure. Rant on, my friend.  :inlove:

Offline mr.awesome

• Motorcycles: 04 Triumph Sprint ST, 03 Kawazuki KLX400SR-SM, 99 Yamaha TW200
People throwing trash out of their cars. We live in a rural community. We walk the dogs down the road just about every day. In the ditches down the road there is all kinds of trash people are just pitching from their cars. It is mostly where you are not in view from a house. Yesterday I took a trash can strapped to our yard cart. I went about a 1/3 of a mile down the road and back. I completely filled a contractors bag with trash. Majority of it was with booze bottles (surprisingly a lot of top shelf stuff) , chew spit bottles, fast food bags and chip bags. How hard is it to put all this crap in your own garbage can once you pull in your garage. I would like to catch some doing it and find out where they live. I would then take a bucket full of my dogs shit and throw it around their yards.

Offline Stripes

• I'm On A Boat!
  • Motorcycles: Triumph
The Rant thread, what pisses you off? (no politics or religion allowed) NSFW
« Reply #4686 on: April 03, 2020, 07:43:31 AM »
Spider!
Hard work, pays off in the future. Laziness, pays off now.

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
People throwing trash out of their cars. We live in a rural community. We walk the dogs down the road just about every day. In the ditches down the road there is all kinds of trash people are just pitching from their cars. It is mostly where you are not in view from a house. Yesterday I took a trash can strapped to our yard cart. I went about a 1/3 of a mile down the road and back. I completely filled a contractors bag with trash. Majority of it was with booze bottles (surprisingly a lot of top shelf stuff) , chew spit bottles, fast food bags and chip bags. How hard is it to put all this crap in your own garbage can once you pull in your garage. I would like to catch some doing it and find out where they live. I would then take a bucket full of my dogs shit and throw it around their yards.

I'll just assume you looked like my avatar as you were doing this...

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
Work stuff. Again. As usual. nothing new, I guess.

We're not making sales; sales are our only revenue. Our sales model is not optimized for a virtual/remote existence, and ain't nobody spending no kinda no money on non-essentials, as much as management wants to believe otherwise. So...

We're putting together this "We're all in this together" campaign for some targeted advertising stuff, as an opt-in thing. "Open an email, feed a child" - read 10 email advertisement, and $2 is given to a food bank here in Wilmington. All very good and noble, 100% opt-in, etc., etc., etc. Very cool.

So I'm working on getting all this put together.
Our art / brand management person worked for decades in print media and just doesn't really get dynamic layout and output.
I've had the demo site up for over a week now, and tweaking the layout and such while getting all the functionality in place. THIS MORNING, 2 hours before a live demo, I had to rush to get the home page updated and pushed to production. Needed the video assets and copy and all that finalized.

10 minutes before the demo, boss called and wanted the video pulled, replaced with a still image, a bunch of copy changed, etc., etc., etc.

Fine. Got all that done.

Then all the 11th hour quarterbacks chimed in... "I don't like THIS wording", "I don't think that works there", "Why doesn't it...", "Maybe it should be this style...."

99% of this stuff hasn't changed in over a week, but hey... yes, by all means, let's go right ahead and FINALLY look at it now.

Small companies and committee decisions overseen by someone who doesn't work in web, all driven by a boss who doesn't always translate what in his head to a final product discussion very well, or in a timely fashion...

I think I'm taking the rest of the day off. I'm just... dejected.

My daughter is a training material type at a major bank. She's always telling me the same things. Feeder people into a project are given clear deadlines for submission but the few "special" people refuse to contribute in spite of her taking time from her projects to repeatedly ask them to get there stuff in before the freeze. 11th hour crap comes flooding in from these people like clockwork. Ugh.

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
Thats one of my biggest peeves, there are trash cans at every convenience store,grocery stores,malls fast food parking lots and gasp... At your house. And these douche bags have to toss it out so I have to pick it up.
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline stevent

[/quote] Thats one of my biggest peeves, there are trash cans at every convenience store,grocery stores,malls fast food parking lots and gasp... At your house. And these douche bags have to toss it out so I have to pick it up.
[/quote]

Absolutely, trash and cigarette butts are high on the dildonic fucktard driver list. That and my own peeve of self  appointed speed monitors on roads with no or difficult passing zones. And faggot assholes in lifted pick up trucks, specially those with the nutsack hanging off the back. Try explaining those to your granddaughter.. " sweetheart, those are things vulgar people but on their trucks to show everyone that they have teeny tiny penises"  Crass assholes.

As to rants, absolutely, better to get it out among internet pals than to let it fester until you're kicking the cat and yelling at the kids/wife/husband..

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
words word words words words words words word words words words words words word words words words words words word words words words words dildonic words word words words words words words word words words words words words word words words words words words word words words words words words word words words words words

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Totally stealing that.

Offline stevent

words word words words words words words word words words words words words word words words words words words word words words words words dildonic words word words words words words words word words words words words words word words words words words words word words words words words words word words words words words

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Totally stealing that.

Yer' welcome      :smiley_thumb:

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
The contracting house that built this one application I've since taken ownership of... whoooooooooofah! The surprises just keep on coming.

Several places in the application, we have to send out emails - confirm signups, "too many incorrect tries" on logins, etc.

There's a global function for sending email... great. But it's parameterized for which email to send, not for subject & body. And you can't send to arbitrary addresses, either. Only to whatever email you're currently logged in with (or trying to log in with). I guess that was their attempt at being secure, but this function is in private scope with helper functions only accessible within the given page controller - in short, you can't arbitrarily call this function.

Digging deeper, the dispatching on which email (via preformatted templates) to send is convoluted; a bowl of spaghetti that is duplicated in at least three places. I tried condensing that down to one and the whole thing went to utter shit.

So, I threw away that branch, cloned a new one, and for the sake of my sanity and saving time, I duplicated this piece of shit code once more, slapped it into the controller in scope on this page I'm working on, then wept in the corner while slowly scratching all the skin off my wrists to get to the tender parts.

Have a coding house build it, they said.
It'll let Chris stay focused on the other projects, they said.

Uhm.... Chris still has to work on this shit.

(sigh)

Eh... whatever, They keep paying me from whatever's left in the bank, but I've been told to start considering a part time job, or "maybe" (hah?) filing unemployment "some time in the coming weeks if we can't secure more funding."

In the middle of an economic shut down from a global pandemic.

Yeah, no one's writing that check.

I was offered 10% of the company as I got in super early, and the nutbags took funding and did a valuation based on the company being worth $20M.  :headscratch:

I turned down that offer and went with a decent paycheck instead. Turned out to be the right move.

Anyway... anyone need a great coder and technical designer (NOT visual designer) with some rust here and there but who can come up to speed on almost anything in relative short order...?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 07:51:35 PM by chornbe »

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
There is still no tp to be found near me. How fucking long does it take to restock? Unreal.
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
There is still no tp to be found near me. How fucking long does it take to restock? Unreal.

I can mail you a couple of rolls.
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

― Frank Zappa

Offline ChrisFZ1

• This space for sale.
  • Motorcycles: '19 Tracer 900

Offline ChrisFZ1

• This space for sale.
  • Motorcycles: '19 Tracer 900
I went to Walmart after work yesterday. TP is there, but I was shopping for a couple of weights for my barbell.  Sold out. If people are exercising instead of hoarding TP,  I suppose that's improvement.

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
I went to Walmart after work yesterday. TP is there, but I was shopping for a couple of weights for my barbell.  Sold out. If people are exercising instead of hoarding TP,  I suppose that's improvement.
isn't that the truth, strange thing is if I go 10 miles away I can probably get some, its an Allegheny county thing, and lower Butler county thing.
VIVA EL STINKO

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One