Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Rant thread, what pisses you off? (no politics or religion allowed) NSFW  (Read 574155 times)

Offline stevent

• Motorcycles: 2010 K1300GT
Re: The Rant thread, what pisses you off? (no politics or religion allowed) NSFW
« Reply #4500 on: January 24, 2020, 10:30:45 AM »
I don't rant well out of shear laziness so I'll just say that K was scraping some bits of her supper out of my good nonstick egg pan with a fork last night.

Gosh! That really frosted my coconut!

My mother (dona eis requiem) would do that too. Because of my work schedule she used to make dinner for my kids on Friday and Saturday. On Sunday morning when I made breakfast for them there'd be a giant scrape in my brand new pan. When I asked the kids what happened they'd say gramma used it last night. Even though I had a full range of plastic spatulas and forks etc, she'd always grab something metal to use and of course scratch the shit out of whatever pan she was using. I got to where I'd hide the nice stuff whenever she came over and just leave the scratched up crap out for her.
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse?"

Online Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
Re: The Rant thread, what pisses you off? (no politics or religion allowed) NSFW
« Reply #4501 on: January 24, 2020, 10:42:10 AM »
Oh ya I used the wrong spatchula once, ONCE! Wow was that a mistake, the wifie was pissed, that I scratched her new pan. Solution I went back to my trusty cast iron pan (30+years old) and she has her "non stick" pans that get replaced every 6 months.......

an olmet tastes better coming from the cast iron pan, something about the bacon grease I think 
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Online chornbe

• Contributor
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
« Reply #4502 on: January 24, 2020, 11:53:06 AM »
Dogfight!

We are no better than them ( hell we are them) whoever them is.  Internet social media becomes much less of a discussion.
Brawl at eleven, duel at high noon, we can settle this.  Or just change the subject.

I am still taking my dog to Home Depot, the bank even the dog club.  They love him there I am sure of it.

wut...?
this signature on hold pending review

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #4503 on: January 24, 2020, 11:55:44 AM »
I don't use non stick pans, use chief quality stainless steel with a copper core. Use a little spray like Pam or similar stuff. If you know how to cook, nothing sticks. :gerg:
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #4504 on: January 24, 2020, 11:57:41 AM »
Dogfight!

We are no better than them ( hell we are them) whoever them is.  Internet social media becomes much less of a discussion.
Brawl at eleven, duel at high noon, we can settle this.  Or just change the subject.

I am still taking my dog to Home Depot, the bank even the dog club.  They love him there I am sure of it.
:shrug:  Forget your meds today?   :twofinger: :twofinger: :twofinger:

If we are dog fighting I want WW2 prop driven fighters, I pick a P51 or a TU152 see you at the field.

VIVA EL STINKO

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #4505 on: January 24, 2020, 12:19:40 PM »
I don't use non stick pans, use chief quality stainless steel with a copper core. Use a little spray like Pam or similar stuff. If you know how to cook, nothing sticks. :gerg:

Too rich for most chiefs.  ;D

All our pro's use carbon steel pans.  Cheap and long lasting.  Teflon is good if you like the Teflon Flu.

Online coho

• Contributor
  • Probably not wearing pants.
  • Motorcycles: R1100RT (Gentleman's Express) - StFU200 (The Dumbbike) - Guzzi V7II (Tiny Musclecar)
« Reply #4506 on: January 24, 2020, 12:43:01 PM »

All our pro's use carbon steel pans.  Cheap and long lasting.  Teflon is good if you like the Teflon Flu.

Mild steel french saute pans FTW.
Most of the benefits of cast iron, a third the weight and easy to clean.
If it weren't for the therapeutic properties of the occasional off-camber decreasing radius downhill right-hander I'd almost certainly go completely sane.

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.

Offline stevent

« Reply #4507 on: January 24, 2020, 12:43:25 PM »

[/quote]

If we are dog fighting I want WW2 prop driven fighters, I pick a P51 or a TU152 see you at the field.
[/quote]

Awesome, I'll take a Typhoon or Mosquito
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse?"

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #4508 on: January 24, 2020, 01:51:57 PM »

They really are not expensive and last a life time, I have some 35+ years old and use them every day. Its a matter of perspective and true quality rather than make due. My 2 coppers
VIVA EL STINKO

Online PatM

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RT
« Reply #4509 on: January 24, 2020, 01:52:41 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'd go with a Spitfire of the latest variant with the Griffon engine.

Although, if this was an open class competition, ie anything goes, what would be the ultimate dogfight aircraft?
Ride safe!

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #4510 on: January 24, 2020, 01:55:23 PM »

[/quote]

I'd go with a Spitfire of the latest variant with the Griffon engine.

Although, if this was an open class competition, ie anything goes, what would be the ultimate dogfight aircraft?
[/quote] F22 We should start a thread on this subject  :bigsmile:
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline OHScot

• Motorcycles: K1200GT, Ural Patrol, R75/6, Reflex, CT70 clone
« Reply #4511 on: January 24, 2020, 05:32:00 PM »
Dog had a great time at the bank.  harassing customers and eating Milk Bones. 

What no Corsair or P40s yet?
They have indicated that I could be orange.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
« Reply #4512 on: January 24, 2020, 06:59:32 PM »
What no Corsair or P40s yet?

I'd take a later Corsair.  My limited understanding is that the first ones out had some handling problems, but that was soon fixed.  One of them shot down a MIG-15 during the Korean War--amazing for a prop plane.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Offline thatguy

• Motorcycles: a few
« Reply #4513 on: January 27, 2020, 08:41:08 AM »
Considering how recent the "Great Recession" was, I've been wondering why so many people seem not to appreciate having jobs.

But that reminds me of my father growing up in the Great Depression.  My grandfather always found work, even if it required being separated from the family, but many of my father's friends had parents who couldn't find work.  Some of their fathers fell into despair at failing to be the breadwinner--some became alcoholics and one even killed himself.  As a result, both my grandfather and my father took a hard, practical line toward being able to support yourself and your family.  None of the new age nonsense about finding something you love. 

This meant that my father had no tolerance for people who didn't appreciate their jobs.  He took it as a moral issue.  A supervisor at my father's last job had two employees who were feuding and sabotaging each others computers.  This supervisor was one of those "management by self-help book" types and couldn't get them to stop. He turned the issue over to my father, who ran a different division.  The two employees were sat down for a very short and one sided conversation where my father said that there was enough in the record to fire each for cause, and the next incident would mean both would be fired with negative references without regard to "who started it."  They wised up, at least until my father retired.

I'd hate to have another recession, but maybe that's what it'll take to teach the young'uns to appreciate a job.  They're just taking advantage of the present state of full employment knowing that replacements might be difficult to find.

I see a lot of that attitude at the shop. Not just "millennials" either.
sometimes WTF is the appropriate answer

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #4514 on: January 27, 2020, 01:04:03 PM »
Considering how recent the "Great Recession" was, I've been wondering why so many people seem not to appreciate having jobs.

I'd hate to have another recession, but maybe that's what it'll take to teach the young'uns to appreciate a job.  They're just taking advantage of the present state of full employment knowing that replacements might be difficult to find.

I also recognized it in myself.  It seemed that my motivation drained away once I hit early retirement age and could exit with a pension.  Kinda like senioritis in high school.  It was best just to leave before the work suffered and I earned a bad reputation.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #4515 on: January 28, 2020, 10:57:23 AM »

I also recognized it in myself.  It seemed that my motivation drained away once I hit early retirement age and could exit with a pension.  Kinda like senioritis in high school.  It was best just to leave before the work suffered and I earned a bad reputation.

We called that "Retired in Place".

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #4516 on: January 28, 2020, 10:59:55 AM »

I'm so looking forward to it!  2 years and 6 months to go!
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #4517 on: January 28, 2020, 11:55:05 AM »

:beerchug:

Online CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #4518 on: February 02, 2020, 09:49:38 PM »
Eventually the pet will get hit by a vehicle, stolen, or killed by others who don't cotton to others' livestock on their land.

yep, and it's perfectly legal here to shoot a dog that is "harassing livestock"  ;)

It's happened on the farm.  Renting neighbors had a pitbull that was pretty aggressive.  Dad is walking down the field, the dog comes around the corner and starts to growl, slowly advancing on my dad (not, it's about 1/8-1/4 mile from home on OUR farm).  He slowly backs away, talking to the dog.  The dog barks, growls, and follows him.  Finally the dog lost interest- and my dad started carrying a gun.  Next time he saw it on our farm (a day later as it came at him again), he put it down and buried it in the way back.

Two days later the neighbors stop in looking for their dog.  They ask if my dad has seen it- he tells them it was on our farm and aggressive towards him a few days ago, and if he sees it again he'll let them know.

They moved out 6 months later- after having gotten another dog.   :facepalm:
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Offline thatguy

• Motorcycles: a few
« Reply #4519 on: February 03, 2020, 08:28:21 AM »
Anal portals that insist on inserting politics in every conversation.
sometimes WTF is the appropriate answer

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #4520 on: February 04, 2020, 10:21:35 AM »
People who are bitching about the half time show at the Superbowl like Satan was on TV subverting the minds of "The Children". I have news for you, the NFL as a whole isn't a good role model for the Children, so the show was nothing compared to the antics of many of the "star" players.You want totally child safe? Watch the fucking Disney channel.
VIVA EL STINKO

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250, Ninja 500R
« Reply #4521 on: February 04, 2020, 10:24:12 AM »
A chick who is known for hips don't lie and another for a song called booty.  Were they expecting mary poppins? 
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Online Black Hills

« Reply #4522 on: February 04, 2020, 11:11:02 AM »
In all their NFL viewing have they never noticed the cheerleaders?
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Online chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #4523 on: February 04, 2020, 11:46:25 AM »
People who are bitching about the half time show at the Superbowl like Satan was on TV subverting the minds of "The Children". I have news for you, the NFL as a whole isn't a good role model for the Children, so the show was nothing compared to the antics of many of the "star" players.You want totally child safe? Watch the fucking Disney channel.

A chick who is known for hips don't lie and another for a song called booty.  Were they expecting mary poppins? 

Right? I think mostly it's just a bunch of Karens who can't get off the couch and are just jealous. Because how is a 50 year old J-Lo not just plain old inspirational? These are women who work hard at being their industry's version of "game ready" at all times. Sheesh, people. Just enjoy the spectacle.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In all their NFL viewing have they never noticed the cheerleaders?

Right?

The Dallas cheerleaders have brought many boys into manhood, I'm sure.

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #4524 on: February 04, 2020, 01:46:53 PM »
I think its a bunch of prudes, I am in my 60's wife in late 50's, we liked the show and saw NOTHING wrong with it. In fact we admired two hot ladies who are not spring chickens. And as was said, guess its ok for the "children " to see half naked cheer leaders doing their thing. People are such wads anymore.Everything should be dancing unicorns and fairy dust according to the Morality police of America..
VIVA EL STINKO

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
« Reply #4525 on: February 04, 2020, 01:54:33 PM »
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

― Frank Zappa

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Pikey van dweller
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S
« Reply #4526 on: February 04, 2020, 03:07:40 PM »
Met a couple moron drivers in my short drive to Lowes.  Woman blows past me at 70ish in 55 (me doing 60), then tries to take my front end off to undertake another car just to get caught at the next light.  Half mile up the road, she brake checks me and nearly stops in her lane.  I easily went around and returned the favor in triplicate (dead panic stop!).  :bigsmile:

Make the turn onto our twisty neighborhood  road and meet a pickup in my lane passing three cars in a no passing zone and heavy traffic.  I'm staying in for the rest of the day.   :twofinger:
--Tom

Offline stevent

« Reply #4527 on: February 04, 2020, 03:29:45 PM »
I think its a bunch of prudes, I am in my 60's wife in late 50's, we liked the show and saw NOTHING wrong with it. In fact we admired two hot ladies who are not spring chickens. And as was said, guess its ok for the "children " to see half naked cheer leaders doing their thing. People are such wads anymore.Everything should be dancing unicorns and fairy dust according to the Morality police of America..

I thought it was pretty tacky myself, but I already know I'm a prude so my opinion is my own. I just went and grabbed another beer and some nachos.

For a rant, how about assholes who sell or trade in vehicles without an extra key or key fob. What do you think you're going to do with them, keep them for a souvenir? They won't work on any other vehicle you know, and subsequent owners (like me for instance) get fucked up the ass at the dealership when we have to buy and program new fobs and keys.

I don't know if it's forgetfulness because you're excited about getting a new car, or just too fucking stupid to think past the end of your nose but try using your brain for a change.

Online SuperHans

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Sure, why not?
« Reply #4528 on: February 04, 2020, 04:04:26 PM »
For a rant, how about assholes who sell or trade in vehicles without an extra key or key fob. What do you think you're going to do with them, keep them for a souvenir? They won't work on any other vehicle you know, and subsequent owners (like me for instance) get fucked up the ass at the dealership when we have to buy and program new fobs and keys.

Make the dealer throw it in as part of the deal. Dont let them screw you like that. They can get it much cheaper then you can so it's not like it's a big hit to them.

I also make them get me a users manual if that's missing.

Offline OHScot

• Motorcycles: K1200GT, Ural Patrol, R75/6, Reflex, CT70 clone
« Reply #4529 on: February 04, 2020, 06:55:00 PM »

I am going with over the top, tacky and just a frenzy of motion.  Would have been better if they just played their instruments and sang their music.  But I guess no one does that anymore.  has to be all HOLLYWOOD! 

Would be happy to hear and see college and high school marching bands at halftime.

Not sure what the frenzy adds to football. 

They have indicated that I could be orange.

Online slayman

• Motorcycles: 05 ZZR 1200, 84 GPZ 550 (not running)
« Reply #4530 on: February 04, 2020, 08:42:06 PM »

Would be happy to hear and see college and high school marching bands at halftime.

Not sure what the frenzy adds to football.

Yeah a couple of top notch drum corp performances would be awesome.

I have zero appreciation for the music of the two that performed at half time. And what was with the hip hop tin man? I'm guessing that there's some market research firm determining which performers get chosen.

"James Bond killed many men with a .380 and that's all I need to know." Cookie 2015-02-12

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #4531 on: February 05, 2020, 03:04:26 PM »

Punish me for clipping!

Online Black Hills

« Reply #4532 on: February 05, 2020, 03:19:48 PM »
yes please!

Offline minimac

• Practicing Neanderthal
  • Motorcycles: GL1500A,Burgman Executive(hopefully sold), Majesty, Morphous
« Reply #4533 on: February 06, 2020, 11:17:12 AM »
Next year the NFL is trying to get the Trampoline Girls from the old Man Show.
old enough to know better

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #4534 on: February 06, 2020, 02:20:40 PM »
I'd switch over to watch that!

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #4535 on: February 06, 2020, 04:42:50 PM »
...the Trampoline Girls from the old Man Show.
Yessir, that part of "memory" works just fine...
 :gerg:
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison
"If you pour some music on whatever is wrong, it’ll sure help out” - Levon Helm

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #4536 on: February 06, 2020, 06:32:04 PM »
Next year the NFL is trying to get the Trampoline Girls from the old Man Show.
Better watch, the heathen police will be at your door.    I wonder if any of them realize Victorias Secret has a show on television once or twice a year?
VIVA EL STINKO

Online Black Hills

« Reply #4537 on: February 07, 2020, 07:44:47 AM »
F&^%ing idiots in 4x4 vehicles that waste the entire green light spinning one wheel through the intersection? You paid extra for 4 wheel drive, pull the lever, push the button, whatever and use the damn thing instead of holding up traffic trying to propel your land barge across the ice with only one wheel......for F*&^'s sake, you live in G*& D**^ South Dakota you should have this figured out by now..

Online CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #4538 on: February 09, 2020, 08:10:54 PM »
I love my friends, but I have a buddy that does that.  Drives me crazy.
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
« Reply #4539 on: February 10, 2020, 03:34:13 AM »
F&^%ing idiots in 4x4 vehicles that waste the entire green light spinning one wheel through the intersection? You paid extra for 4 wheel drive, pull the lever, push the button, whatever and use the damn thing instead of holding up traffic trying to propel your land barge across the ice with only one wheel......for F*&^'s sake, you live in G*& D**^ South Dakota you should have this figured out by now..

I love my friends, but I have a buddy that does that.  Drives me crazy.

“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

― Frank Zappa

Online chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #4540 on: February 10, 2020, 06:47:37 AM »

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Pikey van dweller
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #4541 on: February 10, 2020, 08:54:08 AM »
My damn 2010 MacBook just croaked.  I shut it down, cleaned the keyboard and screen with a lightly dampened with screen cleaner paper towel and went to reboot it to admire my clean screen and *poof*.  It won't restart.  :bluduh:  My old MacBook is pressed into service until I figure out WTFIGO. 
--Tom

Online chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #4542 on: February 10, 2020, 08:59:34 AM »
"Stupid apple, so expensive and only last like 10 years before needing a repair."  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holla if I can help. I have the various specialty tools and I have a local parts source for apple stuff. Happy to rip into it if you need me to.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #4543 on: February 10, 2020, 09:24:11 AM »
He da man, man.

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Pikey van dweller
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #4544 on: February 10, 2020, 09:39:22 AM »
"Stupid apple, so expensive and only last like 10 years before needing a repair."  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holla if I can help. I have the various specialty tools and I have a local parts source for apple stuff. Happy to rip into it if you need me to.

Heh, I'm reasonably competent with them too, having replaced screens and CPU fans before.  This one came to me real cheap ($100) needing a HD and memory, stuff I'd have upgraded anyways.  Honestly, I think it's just easier and cost effective to replace with a similar model MacBook Pro for $150 or so.  I'd love to find a functional Pro needing the same for a c-note.  Just need to find one that takes the DDR3 16GB of memory.
--Tom

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Pikey van dweller
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #4545 on: February 10, 2020, 06:01:00 PM »

Heh, I'm reasonably competent with them too, having replaced screens and CPU fans before.  This one came to me real cheap ($100) needing a HD and memory, stuff I'd have upgraded anyways.  Honestly, I think it's just easier and cost effective to replace with a similar model MacBook Pro for $150 or so.  I'd love to find a functional Pro needing the same for a c-note.  Just need to find one that takes the DDR3 16GB of memory.

Found a decent deal on a very clean 2010 MacBook Pro 13" that will accept all my upgrades for memory and drive.  It'll be here Friday.  I currently cannot access my iCloud stuff because Apple did something software related shutting off 10.7.5 Lion's ability to get there.   :bluduh: 
--Tom

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #4546 on: February 13, 2020, 11:22:25 PM »
As part of living with a condo association, it makes sense that they don't have the contracted snow crew come out for every little snowflake that falls. And condo owners who are OCD, have lots of time, and are still reasonably fit sometimes get out there and do it ourselves.

It snowed an inch or so overnight, and I decided to clear my front walk and drive when the crew hadn't been out by about 10 am.  The fellow retiree next door did likewise. Then both of us Good Sam'd the walk and drive of a neighbor who uses a mobility scooter.

The snow crew showed up just as we finished.   :baldy:

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), Ninja 650(R) ... Indian Scout (RIP)
« Reply #4547 on: February 14, 2020, 08:23:54 AM »
As part of living with a condo association, it makes sense that they don't have the contracted snow crew come out for every little snowflake that falls. And condo owners who are OCD, have lots of time, and are still reasonably fit sometimes get out there and do it ourselves.

It snowed an inch or so overnight, and I decided to clear my front walk and drive when the crew hadn't been out by about 10 am.  The fellow retiree next door did likewise. Then both of us Good Sam'd the walk and drive of a neighbor who uses a mobility scooter.

:clap:
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #4548 on: February 14, 2020, 10:14:31 AM »

And, if like city crews, bulldozed the street into your driveway and walkway.

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
  • Pikey van dweller
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #4549 on: February 15, 2020, 03:14:00 PM »

Jeez that was too simple.  I put the upgraded memory and old 1TB hybrid hard drive in the laptop and booted into my system.   :wings:  The difference between Macbook unibody and a Pro is noticeable.  Pro's aluminum case is real nice vs the plastic MacBook.  Even better?  I grabbed a 500GB SSD drive and used Carbon Copy Cloner to move everything onto it just now via an external drive case.  It*just*freaking'*works. 

No guesses, no hiccups and pure joy to see it boot with no tinkering and all my stuff already there.  My Garmin Basecamp data files are HUGE.  lol
--Tom