Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Rant thread, what pisses you off? (no politics or religion allowed) NSFW  (Read 630779 times)

Online bungie4

• Assistance List
  • Motorcycles: 2013 FJR
Re: The Rant thread, what pisses you off? (no politics or religion allowed) NSFW
« Reply #4350 on: November 22, 2019, 07:19:49 AM »

Thats the exact reason why I have a cheap Wyze video cam pointing at our cars.  You'd be surprised how often doucheNozzles check your doors for you.  We've actually had said Nozzles notice the light of the vid cam and walk right up to it to check it out. Mostly though, TweekerNozzles don't give a flying shit if their being video'd or not.

I thought you guys in Canada didn't have crime?   :headscratch:

Ya, but only for 6 months of the year.  To cold out for the other 6m :D

Environmental security.
-Steve
SnowMexican
WWPD
choo choo mf'r.

Offline stevent

• Motorcycles: 2010 K1300GT
Re: The Rant thread, what pisses you off? (no politics or religion allowed) NSFW
« Reply #4351 on: November 22, 2019, 01:04:27 PM »
WTF happened to New Balance shoes? I had a pair of 990v3's for years and they were super comfortable. The only problem was they stunk like cat piss so I washed them quite a bit. after I wore them out I ponied up a ridicules amount of money for the new 990v5. Just wearing them around for a day and my feet hurt, I thought they may need breaking in and I only wear them on the weekends so I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt. The fact is they simply are not as comfortable as the older ones, I like NB's because they make at least some of them in USA, and primarily because they come in wide sizes but I have to say I'm disappointed in these. In fact my Keen work shoes are more comfortable and they weigh a ton. I just wind up wearing them all the time.

I suppose there's worse things than uncomfortable shoes that you pay an embarrassing amount of money but sore feet were not part of the plan....

(That's a pretty weak rant so I'll emoji it up a little) :mad::baldy::bash:
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a hens arse?"

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #4352 on: November 22, 2019, 02:30:04 PM »
WTF happened to New Balance shoes?

I suppose there's worse things than uncomfortable shoes that you pay an embarrassing amount of money but sore feet were not part of the plan....

(That's a pretty weak rant so I'll emoji it up a little) :mad::baldy::bash:

I recently bought a pair of 990v4, because they didn't have my size in v5 (nobody ever carries my size in stock, but that's another rant).

More comfortable than v3 that I still occasionally wear (they have a LOT of miles on them).

My wife got a pair of the v5 at the same time.  She says they aren't any better than her old ones, but they aren't any worse either.

Wonder what's up with yours.  Take'em back.  For that kind of coin, I'd expect them to give you a trade-in.   

We at least got free T-shirts with ours.  They are obnoxiously expensive, and they scream American tourist, but they are the most comfortable traveling shoe I've ever had.
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.    Henry Ford

The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible,
but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.   Vincent van Gogh

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #4353 on: November 23, 2019, 09:53:15 AM »
They have so many variations for different feet and stances. My first pair was supposed to be for correcting over/under pronation (can't remember which). Wore them to work and within an hour I was in pain and remained so for the rest of the day. Picked a different model and that's worked for me for 3 replacements.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #4354 on: November 23, 2019, 03:22:41 PM »
That's why I still like to buy things at a brick & mortar store where someone who knows something about what they are selling looks at your old pair and watches how you walk in the new pair can make some recommendations about which model will fit you best.  Lucky that we still have stores like that around here.
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.    Henry Ford

but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.   Vincent van Gogh

Offline stevent

« Reply #4355 on: November 23, 2019, 04:52:01 PM »
The problem for me is that few places carry wides, and I have a high arch so trying to find something that will fit is a pain. That's why I buy online, with the greater selection and I can usually tell which will works most of the time but it's definitely hit and miss.
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a hens arse?"

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
« Reply #4356 on: November 24, 2019, 07:48:21 AM »
Problem for me, too. I have a small foot, but ridiculously wide (8 EEE) and New Balance is one of the very few (affordable) soft shoes I can find. I can find $500 dress shoes all day long :csm: , but sneakers or daily wear just wear out far too quickly to spend a small fortune on. :(
this signature on hold pending review

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #4357 on: November 24, 2019, 09:16:06 AM »
I have that problem with tall sizes.  Nothing in any store at the mall fits me.  The tall sizes online are frequently an inch or 2 short.  And I'll never drive a Porsche.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
  • Motorcycles: Ninjette Noire
« Reply #4358 on: November 25, 2019, 05:38:14 PM »
I took Ninjette for a ride along Milwaukee's lakefront and discovered all the port-a-pots were gone and the public restroom buildings were locked!  This park area is used year-round.  It makes no sense.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Offline Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #4359 on: November 25, 2019, 08:31:22 PM »
I took Ninjette for a ride along Milwaukee's lakefront and discovered all the port-a-pots were gone and the public restroom buildings were locked!  This park area is used year-round.  It makes no sense.

Sometimes I wonder why I don't carry the lock pick set with me at all times when touring (hidden in the luggage that is) but then I remember I do.
There are times in everyone's life a lock is just in the way.
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #4360 on: December 03, 2019, 07:01:37 PM »
The Christmas drive like a simpleton season reared its head today. As I was exiting the highway a psycho lane dove over 4 busy lanes clipped the grass median and nearly tboned me and almost clipped 3 other cars and a tractor trailer. He never slowed down ,just shot down the road and into the walmart parking lot. Nearly kill people because you either missed the exit or were in a hurry. If there weren't so many cameras at wally world ,you may have had a very bad problem. But I exercised self control and didn't give you my love.  A pox upon thee .
And before anyone says report it, unless they see it or there is solid video ,it is a waste of time.
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #4361 on: December 03, 2019, 07:29:56 PM »
...it is a waste of time.
Probably no license or insurance, and wouldn’t mind six months room n’ board free on the State...
 :deadhorse:
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison
"If you pour some music on whatever is wrong, it’ll sure help out” - Levon Helm
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online jadziadax8

• Contributor
  • Yeah it's a girl's bike. THIS girl's bike.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
« Reply #4362 on: December 03, 2019, 08:53:49 PM »
Eggplants!

Why must you be so delicious, yet also have such dangerously tough skin?  I sharpened the knife knowing this ahead of time, yet somehow you still slipped from beneath the blade, causing me to cut myself in a slightly annoying place.  A pox upon thee! :bluduh:
She's got a worm in 'er belly? That's disgusting! That's interesting, but very disgusting. 

My Other Hobby

Offline stevent

« Reply #4363 on: December 04, 2019, 03:20:45 PM »
Has anyone seen the pictures going around the interweb of the black Friday shoppers? what a bunch of fucknuts, fighting over TV's and crap like that. That shit'll be on sale for the next 3 months, there's really no need to be so stupid.

:bash: :bash: :bash:

Online coho

• Contributor
  • Probably not wearing pants.
  • Motorcycles: R1100RT (Gentleman's Express) - StFU200 (The Dumbbike) - Guzzi V7II (Tiny Musclecar)
« Reply #4364 on: December 04, 2019, 04:50:13 PM »
Has anyone seen the pictures going around the interweb of the black Friday shoppers? what a bunch of fucknuts, fighting over TV's and crap like that. That shit'll be on sale for the next 3 months, there's really no need to be so stupid.

Don't be kink shamin'.
If it weren't for the therapeutic properties of the occasional off-camber decreasing radius downhill right-hander I'd almost certainly go completely sane.

"I like the beverages."  -CLAY

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #4365 on: December 04, 2019, 06:48:11 PM »

The stupidity amazes me every year. The spirit of Christmas  its best. Someday maybe they will realize its not about things.
Me, I stay away from stores on black Friday and Thanksgiving. You can have that shit.
And a fyi,the best tv deals are after the Superbowl.
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #4366 on: December 05, 2019, 08:06:24 PM »
The two assholes who went deer hunting, shot a deer ,gutshot,in horrible pain crying out , then went over and tortured( yes folks TORTURED ) it while videoing the whole thing. I have no issues with hunting or fishing,I went all the time in my younger days. But I never tortured an animal just because I was hunting it ,I always tried for a clean ,quick kill. To me this  action by these two shows a couple of really sick minds and potential future mass shooters. A pox upon them ,and I hope somebody beats the snot out of them to boot.
VIVA EL STINKO

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #4367 on: December 05, 2019, 10:32:48 PM »
While I support the principle that people should be free to do as they want so long as they don't harm others, torturing or tormenting wildlife requires some intervention or consequence for the general good, and likely their own good. 

In addition to the extremely poor morals, disrespect for life, or mental health issues on display, those are just the type of fools that get public opinion to go against everyone who hunts. As motorcyclists, we also see this with the relatively few who abuse the streets and scare or annoy non-riders. 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.  --Douglas Adams

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #4368 on: December 06, 2019, 09:27:19 AM »
I have no issues with hunting or fishing,I went all the time in my younger days. But I never tortured an animal just because I was hunting it ,I always tried for a clean ,quick kill.

That's ethical hunting and something most kids got taught before the "long game" by some politicians put hunting in a murky light. One of the side effects is "less talk" about hunting means less passing along of long-held traditions.

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #4369 on: December 06, 2019, 10:44:36 AM »
some people didn't get their ass whipped as a kid and it shows.
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #4370 on: December 06, 2019, 12:58:13 PM »

:bigok: :clap:  :bigok: :clap:  :bigok: :clap:  :bigok: :clap:  :bigok: :clap:  :bigok: :clap:

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #4371 on: December 06, 2019, 01:00:28 PM »
   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :gerg:
VIVA EL STINKO

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #4372 on: December 06, 2019, 01:17:37 PM »
This story is being covered as a local story where I'm at.  I don't think anyone is trying to put hunters in a bad light.  They do want to string up these two dirt bags though.  The parents are also now feeling the repercussions as well.  They own a BBQ restaurant in town that is feeling the brunt of the social media outcry.

Of course the mother gave an interview where she didn't seem to see the big deal with what her son and his friend had done.  After all (and I quote) "who hasn't stomped a kitten as a kid"

I guess the apple doesn't fall from the tree.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #4373 on: December 06, 2019, 01:18:39 PM »

Prolly their parents fault

Offline maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #4374 on: December 06, 2019, 01:24:35 PM »
This story is being covered as a local story where I'm at.  I don't think anyone is trying to put hunters in a bad light.  They do want to string up these two dirt bags though.  The parents are also now feeling the repercussions as well.  They own a BBQ restaurant in town that is feeling the brunt of the social media outcry.

Of course the mother gave an interview where she didn't seem to see the big deal with what her son and his friend had done.  After all (and I quote) "who hasn't stomped a kitten as a kid"

That is sick, and I agree,  a fine family that one is. :csm: :csm: :facepalm:
Whats the name of said restaurant , so I never go there?

Never mind I found it, and the actual video of the little bastards doing it. they ( devils BBQ Brookville Pa) pulled their Facebook page down already.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 01:40:51 PM by maddjack »
VIVA EL STINKO

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
« Reply #4375 on: December 06, 2019, 02:03:36 PM »
Devil's BBQ in Brookville.  Yelp had to shut down and moderate their page.  Although there are still some colorful reviews on Google.

Apparently, the second kid in the video is the stepson of the Brookville Police Chief.

Offline stevent

« Reply #4376 on: December 06, 2019, 02:40:45 PM »

That is sick, and I agree,  a fine family that one is. :csm: :csm: :facepalm:
Whats the name of said restaurant , so I never go there?

Never mind I found it, and the actual video of the little bastards doing it. they ( devils BBQ Brookville Pa) pulled their Facebook page down already.

At least the name is correct, sick fucking bunch. That gene pool needs a pretty heavy dose of chlorine.

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #4377 on: December 07, 2019, 10:39:26 AM »

Future ATF (and other random agencies) enforcers

https://reason.com/2019/07/03/police-agree-to-pay-woman-750000-after-raiding-her-house-and-killing-her-dog-over-an-unpaid-gas-bill/

https://www.criminallegalnews.org/news/2018/jun/16/doj-police-shooting-family-dogs-has-become-epidemic/

https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/cops-gone-rogue/louisiana-cops-shoot-and-kill-family-dog-while-serving-warrant-on-wrong-address-jbWYNj5HvESn8YXv7tiN5w/

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/virginia-dog-owner-says-off-duty-atf-agent-shot-killed-his-mastiff-puppy

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #4378 on: December 08, 2019, 04:14:56 PM »
"Cash Only" liquor stores.
 :willy:
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison
"If you pour some music on whatever is wrong, it’ll sure help out” - Levon Helm

Offline Oddball

• Motorcycles: XS360, DR650, Tiger 800XC, FZ1, R1100RT
« Reply #4379 on: December 23, 2019, 01:36:10 PM »
Just curious, does anyone answer their personal cell when it comes up as an Unknown number?
IBA# 22015

Online Black Hills

« Reply #4380 on: December 23, 2019, 01:38:05 PM »
Just curious, does anyone answer their personal cell when it comes up as an Unknown number?

yes, unfortunately my work phone and my personal phone are one and the same.
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #4381 on: December 23, 2019, 01:44:40 PM »

No. Never.
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Online radon222

• Contributor
  • It's all Scratch's fault
  • Motorcycles: R1200GSAW, R1200RT
« Reply #4382 on: December 23, 2019, 02:03:12 PM »

Unfortunately same here.  I tried keeping a personal phone and work phone but carrying 2 phones just sucked.

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
« Reply #4383 on: December 23, 2019, 02:40:40 PM »
I think it was Bounce who mentioned NoMoRoBo. For $20 a year it pretty much stopped the robocalls and you can mark any other calls as spam as necessary. Took about a month, but it's now down to one unwanted call a week instead of a half dozen a day. To be clear, this is my personal phone only and I have the luxury of not answering. At the time of it being both a work and personal phone, the robocall/spam calling was much less.

Might be time to awaken our inner Tom Mabe:

https://youtu.be/-7OgWcwgB50
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Offline Oddball

• Motorcycles: XS360, DR650, Tiger 800XC, FZ1, R1100RT
« Reply #4384 on: December 23, 2019, 03:37:05 PM »
...Might be time to awaken our inner Tom Mabe...

That's all kind of funny.  Still not going to answer an Unknown though.
IBA# 22015

Online Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #4385 on: December 24, 2019, 08:39:26 AM »

nomorobo.com

You can block a caller but these boiler rooms cycle through a pool of spoofed numbers so they get to you with the next one as soon as they learn the first one got "found out". With nomorobo.com, the pool of members help each other. The first one to report the number helps everyone else by getting it blocked once for everyone. The boiler room can still rotate to another spoofed number but this forces them to burn through them much quicker. AND you can include charities and such that are exempted from the national Do Not Call list (which is poorly enforced).

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #4386 on: December 24, 2019, 10:07:51 AM »

Unfortunately same here.  I tried keeping a personal phone and work phone but carrying 2 phones just sucked.

Only needed one.  As a director, I had the luxury of telling people "This cell is for me to call you, not for you to call me."  Only Execs and folks I worked closely with had my number, and most of these people didn't want their number shared any more than II did .  So it worked out for me.

Only gave my number number out when it was necessary.  As a result, prolly more R6 &5 STO'ners have it...

Offline Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
  • Motorcycles: yes
« Reply #4387 on: December 24, 2019, 12:18:47 PM »
Separate rant... I feel very disconnected from my family this year. For many years really, particularly around the holidays.

Folks are retired, snowbirding it between family home in the mountains of Colorado and the desert on the opposite side of the state. I see them once or twice a year, in the summer because travel to the high country is prohibitive in the winter (5+ hours in high summer with no traffic). They are ok, but I miss their presence, and I feel like it's only a matter of time until I miss it forever.

Brother lives on the opposite side  of the state, with an evil wife and 2 adopted children that are... problems. *I* perceive that much of the children's problems are their mom and her ways, but the fact remains that between his (IMO batshit crazy) wife and 2 young children with a variety of violent, destructive and antisocial behaviors, I see my brother dying slowly. Maybe quickly. I truthfully feel like he might eventually see it as a mercy to his life. And I'm not there to help. Never really have been super close, but as time rolls on, I keep coming back to the mantra: "You do for family". And I feel like there's nothing I can do. Hell... it's even hard just to talk to him because of differing views and my penchant for plain speech, but I'll try, and let it eat me up later that I can't truly do anything to help.

My Aunt lives isolated in the mountains near the old homestead. She's alone for the first time in 60 years this year after having to hand off care of her husband. Aunt was the surrogate mother in residence, and qualifies as 'favorite Aunt' in every way that counts. I tried to set her house on fire at 6yrs old (accidental, duh), she put me to work in the summers mowing lawns and digging worms, she told me to call her instead of my parents if I ended up in jail. She felt it was her obligation to give every little boy 'The Talk', in an effort to keep them all from becoming daddies too early. And now she is alone, and I'm not able to be there regularly to be a support...

My daughter is nearby, she actually lives with her boyfriend about 5 minutes away from my work. Fro all that though, she's 24, and doesn't have any inclination to socialize or make an attempt to get together on any regular basis. I haven't seen her for 3 months, and only talked on the phone once since then. I understand the age, but it gets me down that my only begotten spawn can't even be bothered to accept a free meal on the regular as a chance to stay connected... Maybe I was needier as a kid (and obviously now too), but I didn't frequently pass up the chance for a free meal, let alone not prioritizing a chance to get together for holiday wishes and gifting...

Through all this, I have my wonderful wife by my side, and her family surrounding us. Everything is pretty much hunky dory, as long as I don't get too opinionated around the sister in law. I love them all, but now I begin to understand how my wife felt such a disconnect when we were separated from her family. But at that point, we did spend time traveling, as did they, so there was a lot more times spent together. that doesn't happen now due to work and travel and increased age and distance.

So here's my rant, take it as you will. I'm lonely for my family, even though everything is pretty fine otherwise. I make an effort at Xmas to be happy for my marriage's sake (after a pretty blunt ultimatum a few years ago of 'Don't be a Scrooge you  f**ker'), and I'll always make that effort. But this year kinda sucks anyway.

LT
Great googly-moogly!

Offline Andrew

• Contributor
« Reply #4388 on: December 24, 2019, 08:08:39 PM »
Well tonight is christmas eve, kids are looking forward to time with grandma and presents. Wife has been busy getting gifts for everyone on the list. Me well I feel like dog poo, it's been a real fucked up week or two.  On the 10 I went in for a minor surgery to fix a trigger finger issue. Well doc tells me "it might hurt a bit but the swelling should go down tomorrow and it will be fine in a day or so" Lying sack of shit. The dam thing has been hurting since. No pain meds on antibiotics. 10 days later I go back been hurtin the whole time and getting worse. "You have an infection and we need to clean that up" He is rather surly to me, I tell him "your bead side manner leaves a ot to be desired" He gives me a few shots to numb the hand, life is great and the weight lifts, he leavs the room and I layed down a d went to sleep (as I had not slept in two days) He comes back and wakes me as if he does not believe I was asleep. Now to the operating room to flush the wound out and a bandage. Later that night the shots wear off and I am in agony, the pain meds are useless, I am in shaking from the pain and my wife tells me to get in the car she is having none ot this and off to the hospital we go. ER is a joke they give me oxycodone and I am still out of my mind in pain and shaking with agony (read as SHOCK). My doc shows up and says to adit me, after more surgery. Finger is opened up at bottom and top and fluid pumped in one side till it flows clean on the other side (flushed the tendon tube or sum such shit) and off to the recovery. Pain kicks in harder than before I am crying and shaking. I then am given heavy narcotics (morphine) for the next 10 hours and than on to percocets, every 4 hours and a few others I can't remember. I am there from Friday night to Sunday mid day. The time in the hospital seems like a dream (too high to think). Released with a handful of percocets (30) and a big bottle of heavy duty antibiotics. a day on the couch in withdrawal and I feel like death.
Now here we are on christmas eve and I have not hung the lights or even shopped for anyone (I did give homemade moonshine to the guys at work) but nothing for the family. I feel like shitt and to top it have failed the family this year.  And I still can't move my finger :mad:   
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
« Reply #4389 on: December 24, 2019, 09:39:04 PM »
Well tonight is christmas eve, kids are looking forward to time with grandma and presents. Wife has been busy getting gifts for everyone on the list. Me well I feel like dog poo, it's been a real fucked up week or two.  On the 10 I went in for a minor surgery to fix a trigger finger issue. Well doc tells me "it might hurt a bit but the swelling should go down tomorrow and it will be fine in a day or so" Lying sack of shit. The dam thing has been hurting since. No pain meds on antibiotics. 10 days later I go back been hurtin the whole time and getting worse. "You have an infection and we need to clean that up" He is rather surly to me, I tell him "your bead side manner leaves a ot to be desired" He gives me a few shots to numb the hand, life is great and the weight lifts, he leavs the room and I layed down a d went to sleep (as I had not slept in two days) He comes back and wakes me as if he does not believe I was asleep. Now to the operating room to flush the wound out and a bandage. Later that night the shots wear off and I am in agony, the pain meds are useless, I am in shaking from the pain and my wife tells me to get in the car she is having none ot this and off to the hospital we go. ER is a joke they give me oxycodone and I am still out of my mind in pain and shaking with agony (read as SHOCK). My doc shows up and says to adit me, after more surgery. Finger is opened up at bottom and top and fluid pumped in one side till it flows clean on the other side (flushed the tendon tube or sum such shit) and off to the recovery. Pain kicks in harder than before I am crying and shaking. I then am given heavy narcotics (morphine) for the next 10 hours and than on to percocets, every 4 hours and a few others I can't remember. I am there from Friday night to Sunday mid day. The time in the hospital seems like a dream (too high to think). Released with a handful of percocets (30) and a big bottle of heavy duty antibiotics. a day on the couch in withdrawal and I feel like death.
Now here we are on christmas eve and I have not hung the lights or even shopped for anyone (I did give homemade moonshine to the guys at work) but nothing for the family. I feel like shitt and to top it have failed the family this year.  And I still can't move my finger :mad:

Dude. That sucks. 1. You need a new doctor. Ride. His. Ass until you get better. 2. You've done a lot for your family all year long. I know this because you've posted here about it. Give yourself a hall pass. You. Have. Not. Failed. Them. 3. Keep an eye on that infection. You should see an improvement in 3-4 days if the antibiotics are working, if not back to the doctor or the ER. Professionals fix their mistakes.

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
« Reply #4390 on: December 24, 2019, 10:43:50 PM »

So here's my rant, take it as you will. I'm lonely for my family, even though everything is pretty fine otherwise. I make an effort at Xmas to be happy for my marriage's sake (after a pretty blunt ultimatum a few years ago of 'Don't be a Scrooge you  f**ker'), and I'll always make that effort. But this year kinda sucks anyway.

LT

I understand. I have no advice, as every person in every situation is completely different. Just know that there are others out there who understand.

(( man hugs ))

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
« Reply #4391 on: December 25, 2019, 08:42:02 AM »
On the bright side is you head to the stores now the Valentine's day stuff is out.  You'll be ahead of the game! 8)

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #4392 on: December 25, 2019, 10:00:46 PM »

Nope.  Anyone I would actually like to talk with will leave a message.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #4393 on: December 26, 2019, 08:49:51 AM »

LT

I understand. I have no advice, as every person in every situation is completely different. Just know that there are others out there who understand.

(( man hugs ))

Chris has said it all. We'll be here to listen.

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #4394 on: December 26, 2019, 08:56:50 AM »

Dude. That sucks. 1. You need a new doctor. Ride. His. Ass until you get better. 2. You've done a lot for your family all year long. I know this because you've posted here about it. Give yourself a hall pass. You. Have. Not. Failed. Them. 3. Keep an eye on that infection. You should see an improvement in 3-4 days if the antibiotics are working, if not back to the doctor or the ER. Professionals fix their mistakes.

You've not failed your family--they know what you've been going through.  Viffergyrl has good advice, if the infection doesn't clear you should look for a doc with expertise in infections.

Online Black Hills

« Reply #4395 on: December 26, 2019, 09:33:24 AM »
The family will understand and as mentioned it may be time for a new doc? remember half the doctors out there finished in the bottom half of the class..

Offline stevent

« Reply #4396 on: December 26, 2019, 11:18:19 AM »
We're staying at my wifes daughters place in what's basically a good size master bedroom with a bed, recliner and computer desk until our house is built. Being an old fuck I get up every hour to pee and have spent the last few weeks tripping over an increasingly large pile of Amazon boxes. Thank God Christmas is done with and we can get back to semi normal. 

Offline Baxter

• Contributor
  • I broke the internet!
« Reply #4397 on: December 26, 2019, 12:05:27 PM »
remember half the doctors out there finished in the bottom half of the class..

;D

Online Black Hills

« Reply #4398 on: December 26, 2019, 12:08:07 PM »
not really a rant as I appreciate the concern, but...  I'm fine being alone on Christmas! quit worrying about me, I'm a big boy.. The kids were in Omaha (at ex-wife's family) for Christmas and my bride went to her parents alone because I had to work until 11:00 on Christmas eve and be back at work at 7:00 this morning. So, everyone is having a fit about me being alone "are you sure you'll be OK?", "you want me to stay home?", "can't you just drive across the state one day and back the next?", "it's sounds sooo lonely Dad?" etc.  In reality it was pretty nice. went up to our local ski hill when I got off work Christmas eve, then met some friends at Texas Roadhouse (apparently the only place open) for a few beers when I got back to town. Christmas day I slept in a little, did a load of laundry and made breakfast before heading back to the ski hill where I met up with a co-worker and his family for a day of skiing followed by a few beers at the dark horse ( https://www.facebook.com/TheDarkHorseSaloonatTerryPeak/ ). then home to watch a movie and went to bed early... not a bad Holiday at all........but I thank them for their concern..

Offline Andrew

• Contributor
« Reply #4399 on: December 26, 2019, 12:32:11 PM »
Thanks for the kind words :bigok:
On the mend not the meds and feeling a lot better today.

Wife and Kids had a great christmas, guess they understood where I was coming from. Turns out my lovely little (she is rather short) wife  :inlove:, had been doing a heck of a lot of christmas shopping and keeping it hidden.

Thanks again