Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Rant thread, what pisses you off? (no politics or religion allowed) NSFW  (Read 521400 times)

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
  • Motorcycles: 2013 Kawasaki Concours, 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1989 Honda Transalp
Re: The Rant thread, what pisses you off? (no politics or religion allowed) NSFW
« Reply #3850 on: February 09, 2019, 05:24:23 PM »
Are you fucking kidding me?? You're transitioning servers from the older software to the newer software and you feel it's wrong to make sure the agents are working before you transition and then you BITCH ABOUT FUCKING PEOPLE COMPLAINING THE AGENT ISN'T WORKING!!

Then I patch 20 servers with the agents transitioned to point to the newer software and reboot them and only four servers alert and your fucking response is well, if the reboot occurs within the 5 minute cycle, no alerts will go out.

Oh, then. The team does eventually get some sort of notification that a server rebooted?

We're only alerting on ACTIONABLE ALERTS. ACTIONABLE!!! YOU MEAN YOU DON'T THINK A REBOOT IS ACTIONABLE?!!??

What the fuck is wrong with you chuckleheads. I shouldn't even have to ASK if monitoring is working. Until you idiots arrived, it was never a question. Now we're constantly asking if monitoring is working.

"Well, we show a connection to the server so as far as we're concerned it's working."

Jesus, you people need to be aborted in your 154th trimester.

Carl
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 No matter where you go, there you are.

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
  • Motorcycles: '16 Moto Guzzi Audace, '10 Ural T
Re: The Rant thread, what pisses you off? (no politics or religion allowed) NSFW
« Reply #3851 on: February 09, 2019, 05:42:08 PM »
My knee hurts.

Shit.

Darn.
i eats paste

Offline Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #3852 on: February 09, 2019, 10:22:23 PM »
"Well, we show a connection to the server so as far as we're concerned it's working."

Man! We had that with a contract company tasked with bringing in the network demarks on a whole slew of air traffic control towers. To a one, they plugged in the want to the primary "router", got a ping, and walked away. In many cases, they left the router on the box it came in while leaving the lockable rack setting untouched. At 1 facility I found the router inside an unsecured (and unsecurable) outside closet (opened to the outside world) that had a dirt floor. In another case, the pallet of equipment we shipped to the facility set out in the rain for nearly a week because the facility manager was on leave and none of the ATCs gave a shit. It was easy to see that the contract personnel were knocking these out as quickly as they could without even the minimal work required under the contract.

When trying to figure out what I had to do to come in behind them and do their work to get the facility working, the best I got was the same as above. "We can ping it so it's alive." And yes, I did go to all of them in our extended commuting area (and some in LA, AR, and OK) to do the work that should have already been done.

3 rants for the price of 1.

Slackers who know better
"We can ping it" people
Doing the jobs of people who got paid more than I did

Offline mr.awesome

• Motorcycles: 04 Triumph Sprint ST, 03 Kawazuki KLX400SR-SM, 99 Yamaha TW200
« Reply #3853 on: February 09, 2019, 10:58:32 PM »
I subscribe to a motorcycle forum and the most popular thread is a piss and moan thread.   :facepalm:

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
  • Motorcycles: 2013 Kawasaki Concours, 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1989 Honda Transalp
« Reply #3854 on: February 09, 2019, 11:15:25 PM »
I’m in this fucking awesome house with an equally awesome chick  :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: along with cats, dog, games, computers, and with a few inches of snow outside. There are fucking elk, moose, foxes, crows, hawks, rabbits, and deer cruising through periodically. I can work from home whenever I want.

And i have two bikes that I CAN’T RIDE BECAUSE OF THE SNOW!!

Damn it!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Carl
 No matter where you go, there you are.

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
« Reply #3855 on: February 10, 2019, 03:18:56 AM »
My knee still hurts.

Crap.

Darn.
i eats paste

Offline Formerly Known as Bigfoot

• Motorcycles: 04 Yamaha RSV
« Reply #3856 on: February 10, 2019, 05:36:20 AM »
I subscribe to a motorcycle forum and the most popular thread is a piss and moan thread.   :facepalm:

AKA as "The Look at Me Carl" thread. 
If Stupid Could Fly you'd be a Jet.

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
« Reply #3857 on: February 10, 2019, 08:06:59 AM »

AKA as "The Look at Me Carl" thread. 

He won't get it.
i eats paste

Offline Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #3858 on: February 10, 2019, 10:19:32 AM »
I hope Spring comes early this year.  Of course, it'll probably rain.
The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible,
but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.   Vincent van Gogh

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
  • Nothing beats good line of sight
  • Motorcycles: 1999 VFR
« Reply #3859 on: February 10, 2019, 10:30:49 AM »

:rolf:
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online chornbe

• Contributor
  • Burdened with glorious purpose.
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: The one I'm borrowing
« Reply #3860 on: February 10, 2019, 11:00:36 AM »

Man! We had that with a contract company tasked with bringing in the network demarks on a whole slew of air traffic control towers. To a one, they plugged in the want to the primary "router", got a ping, and walked away. In many cases, they left the router on the box it came in while leaving the lockable rack setting untouched. At 1 facility I found the router inside an unsecured (and unsecurable) outside closet (opened to the outside world) that had a dirt floor. In another case, the pallet of equipment we shipped to the facility set out in the rain for nearly a week because the facility manager was on leave and none of the ATCs gave a shit. It was easy to see that the contract personnel were knocking these out as quickly as they could without even the minimal work required under the contract.

When trying to figure out what I had to do to come in behind them and do their work to get the facility working, the best I got was the same as above. "We can ping it so it's alive." And yes, I did go to all of them in our extended commuting area (and some in LA, AR, and OK) to do the work that should have already been done.

Slackers who know better
"We can ping it" people

"It's a hardware problem." -- developer

"It's a software problem." -- tech ops / desktop support
this signature on hold pending review

Online PatM

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RT
« Reply #3861 on: February 10, 2019, 12:01:43 PM »

Slackers who know better
"We can ping it" people

"It's a hardware problem." -- developer

"It's a software problem." -- tech ops / desktop support

I'm so glad I'm away from that shit.
Ride safe!

Offline Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #3862 on: February 10, 2019, 12:39:52 PM »
I am mostly (except for the situations I create for myself or have to resolve for an ISP that can't do what they are paid to do).

Most recently was a latency problem on the PS4 what was so bad that it was unplayable. Sadly, despite supporting external drives where the game can be offloaded, the interface simply isn't fast enough (or maybe the external drive is a pig). Oh well... more backup space for other stuff.

Offline Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #3863 on: February 10, 2019, 03:27:34 PM »
IRS tax code

“Some dividends reported as qualified dividends … aren't qualified dividends.  These include:
Dividends attributable to periods totaling more than 366 days that you received on any share of preferred stock held for less than 91 days during the 181-day period that began 90 days before the ex-dividend date.”

I just saw this - I don't have any to worry about - it just cracks me up.  Who makes this crap up? 

I’m heading over to What's the bar serving tonight? because you know what I started doing today non-moto!
but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.   Vincent van Gogh

Online CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Otay!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #3864 on: February 12, 2019, 08:07:15 PM »
"Cautious " drivers... yes we had a decent snow storm last week, yes there's another one coming today, yes it's 30 degrees,  however as you can clearly see the roads are bare and dry. There was no frost on the cars this morning, that means there's no moisture in the air to freeze, that means the chances of black ice are as close to zero as you're going to get. Taking all those things into consideration do you think you could at least come close to driving the speed limit? Those of us who are not shitting our kaki's at the thought of driving in winter have places to be. Go back to kalifornia and take your asshole fucking friends with you please.

My first winter in a warm state: Some precip with accumulations. Typical caution signs on bridge approaches. I nearly ran into the back of someone because, instead of keeping a steady pace over the bridge, they nailed their brakes and dropped instantly from ~50 to 3mph and creeped across like a snail.

Since then I've learned they aren't outliers.

Sounds like you were following a little too closely.  Had you crashed you likely would have been found at fault.

:lol:  And that's exactly why people don't like some cops.  You're not wrong but that's a dick answer.   :rolf:
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
"Buckwheat is dead"

Offline Formerly Known as Bigfoot

• Motorcycles: 04 Yamaha RSV
« Reply #3865 on: February 13, 2019, 05:43:50 PM »
"Cautious " drivers... yes we had a decent snow storm last week, yes there's another one coming today, yes it's 30 degrees,  however as you can clearly see the roads are bare and dry. There was no frost on the cars this morning, that means there's no moisture in the air to freeze, that means the chances of black ice are as close to zero as you're going to get. Taking all those things into consideration do you think you could at least come close to driving the speed limit? Those of us who are not shitting our kaki's at the thought of driving in winter have places to be. Go back to kalifornia and take your asshole fucking friends with you please.

My first winter in a warm state: Some precip with accumulations. Typical caution signs on bridge approaches. I nearly ran into the back of someone because, instead of keeping a steady pace over the bridge, they nailed their brakes and dropped instantly from ~50 to 3mph and creeped across like a snail.

Sounds like you were following a little too closely.  Had you crashed you likely would have been found at fault.

:lol:  And that's exactly why people don't like some cops.  You're not wrong but that's a dick answer.   :rolf:

Truth can suck sometimes.
If Stupid Could Fly you'd be a Jet.

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
« Reply #3866 on: February 13, 2019, 05:51:05 PM »

F
i eats paste

Online CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Otay!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #3867 on: February 14, 2019, 08:31:44 PM »

Expected follow-up FTW!   :bigok:
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
"Buckwheat is dead"

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 1990 Suzuki DR350S
« Reply #3868 on: February 18, 2019, 12:59:17 PM »
Google Chrome just decided to update when I installed OS X Mojave and will now not keep me logged in when I close and restart the browser. No going back to the known good version and no known fix to be found.  Which developer's bright idea was this?  They need an anal purge with a dead spiny cactus.  I ended up downloading FireFox and setting it up with my extensions and bookmarks, then purged all reference to Chrome from this laptop with a dose of Fukital.
--Tom

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #3869 on: February 18, 2019, 01:04:10 PM »
I feel a little bit off-colour. Sorry to whine so much.
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Offline Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #3870 on: February 18, 2019, 01:20:51 PM »
Google Chrome just decided to update when I installed OS X Mojave and will now not keep me logged in when I close and restart the browser. No going back to the known good version and no known fix to be found.  Which developer's bright idea was this?  They need an anal purge with a dead spiny cactus.  I ended up downloading FireFox and setting it up with my extensions and bookmarks, then purged all reference to Chrome from this laptop with a dose of Fukital.

Staying logged in across sessions is a known security flaw. Most browsers are "hardening" their designs because of the exploits out there. Change browsers if you don't like their choices but with the understanding that there are other improvements coming in most.

Instead of using weak browser approaches, why not invest in a 3rd-party vetted password manager that encrypts all your stored data, enables you to use complex passwords that are different for each site, and can help you with your log in each time by using your master password. Lastpass is one example but there are others. Just be sure they aren't a pretty interface to an plain text file on your hard drive (most are).

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #3871 on: February 18, 2019, 01:41:50 PM »
I'm running behind a solid, locked down VPN setup on all my devices.  Should I really be worried?
--Tom

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #3872 on: February 18, 2019, 04:39:36 PM »
Working on the tax returns.  WTHF???  We owe over $22k to the Feds and State???  We almost broke even last year.   :o   We're screwed. 

All our regular deductions got removed.   :baldy:
--Tom

Online leeo45

• Motorcycles: ALTA EXR, VFR800, R12GS Adv, 640Adv, 525EXC, 400XCW, etc.
« Reply #3873 on: February 18, 2019, 05:52:38 PM »
Working on the tax returns.  WTHF???  We owe over $22k to the Feds and State???  We almost broke even last year.   :o   We're screwed. 

That is scary!   Maybe I shouldn't wait until April to do my taxes this year.    Or maybe I should so that I get one more month of relative calm in my life.    :shrug:

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #3874 on: February 18, 2019, 06:26:49 PM »

Time to move to Mexico.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #3875 on: February 18, 2019, 06:47:13 PM »

Time to move to Mexico.
:smiley_thumb:   Anyone want to buy a nice Transit Connect van?  High miles but clean ST1300?  Stock DR350?  A full mechanic's toolbox?  Motorcycle lift?
Dang, I got lots of toys.  :lol
--Tom

Offline Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #3876 on: February 18, 2019, 06:48:32 PM »

You must have had a very good accountant.  They need to brush up on new tax code. 

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #3877 on: February 18, 2019, 06:51:32 PM »
I've used Turbo Tax for the last 10 years or so.  Never any quibbles with the software, as our taxes aren't overly complicated to do.  They got even easier without having to enter normal deductions for home mortgage, operating expenses and even tax preparation fees. 
--Tom

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #3878 on: February 18, 2019, 07:02:38 PM »

Time to move to Mexico.
:smiley_thumb:   Anyone want to buy a nice Transit Connect van?  High miles but clean ST1300?  Stock DR350?  A full mechanic's toolbox?  Motorcycle lift?
Dang, I got lots of toys.  :lol

I'd relieve you of the lift if I only had a place to put it.  :redface:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #3879 on: February 19, 2019, 11:54:15 AM »
I have a few from the local scene,this time.
1) Vandal assholes who think its cool to go to the Pittsburgh auto show and vandalize 18 or so cars there, everything from using a knife to slash seats to running keys down the paint.I hope your sorry , immature asses are on the surveillance video and you go to jail .
2)The heartless cruel asshole who used a baler to Spear a cow to death, it may be an animal that was going to be used for food, but being cruel is just Effed up. I hope you get impaled on a road sign you sicko bastard.
3) The turds who stole stained glass out of a local church. Go ahead, spit in Gods eye morons.
4) the Vandal assholes who ran thier trucks into a local playground,destroying the ball field, and all the nice grass areas by leaving 3 foot deep ruts,great fun taking the playground away and causing 50k in damage to the park.They sould stake you to the ground , pour honey on you and let the ants have you.
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
« Reply #3880 on: February 19, 2019, 02:24:17 PM »
Damn. We need a lynching party.
i eats paste

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #3881 on: February 19, 2019, 03:28:04 PM »
Damn. We need a lynching party.
Sometimes that's what I feel like we need, I have a very hard time with the won-ton stupidity lately around here.  Is our society that screwed up?
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
« Reply #3882 on: February 19, 2019, 03:37:15 PM »
Yes.
i eats paste

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2001 Ducati ST4; 2007 Suzuki SV650
Don't argue with an idiot; people might not know the difference. -Anonymous

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
i eats paste

Online Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #3885 on: February 19, 2019, 07:35:09 PM »
Wow maddjack, some seriously screwed up people in the world. Why the hell would anyone go to a car show just to f up the display the cars?? Or kill a cow in such a foul manner?? screwed up in the head to be sure
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
--Tom

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #3887 on: February 20, 2019, 05:47:07 AM »
Obviously, the selling of excess "stuff" has begun in preparation for a move.  If you see anything in the for sale section you want, make a not-unreasonable offer.  I'm keeping the van for the moment.
I've done a modicum of reading and for the moment, 180 days is the max time I can spend in Mexico without departing and returning.
--Tom

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #3888 on: February 20, 2019, 06:56:00 PM »
Obviously, the selling of excess "stuff" has begun in preparation for a move.  If you see anything in the for sale section you want, make a not-unreasonable offer.  I'm keeping the van for the moment.
I've done a modicum of reading and for the moment, 180 days is the max time I can spend in Mexico without departing and returning.

Told ya. ;D

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #3889 on: February 20, 2019, 07:49:23 PM »
Working on the tax returns.  WTHF??? 

I’m with you on this.  We will be paying in too.  Spent most of today filling out forms.   Lots of them.  Three new forms we didn’t have to fill out last year.  i’M not alone on this.  Apparently the IRS doesn’t like the new forms either

The National Taxpayer Advocate, an independent organization within the IRS, states in its annual report to Congress that "by reducing the 1040 to a postcard size, however, this redesign necessitated the creation of an additional six schedules, some containing only three lines of information. Thus, for approximately 70 percent of taxpayers - nearly 102 million - the six new schedules increase the number of already existing schedules, such as A, B, C, D or E, that taxpayers must complete."

The report says that "while many taxpayers will use software to complete the return, the new schedules will force some taxpayers to cross-reference and transfer data such as credits, deductions, and income, increasing the potential for errors to occur since the tax information is dispersed over many pages and needs to be tracked down and reported on different schedules and forms."

And for those of us who still file on paper, more postage too.

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #3890 on: February 20, 2019, 08:17:53 PM »
RE: Trump's tax code. I love it. I gross less than 27K. Got a $500 boost to my return. Now, if he would just refund me my lost refunds due to Obamacare, I'd be very happy. No rant here!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #3891 on: February 20, 2019, 08:47:23 PM »
It's not the tax code.  I don't object to paying what I owe.  It's the F'ing forms and gobledegook doublespeak only a lawyer could love.

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
« Reply #3892 on: February 20, 2019, 09:39:13 PM »
It's not the tax code.  I don't object to paying what I owe.  It's the F'ing forms and gobledegook doublespeak only a lawyer could love.

When you make less than 27K, it simplifies things a lot.  ;)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
« Reply #3893 on: February 21, 2019, 12:05:22 AM »
I don't like the money I put into my retirement fund being taxed as income once I actually start needing to use it.

Online Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • I am bored.
« Reply #3894 on: February 21, 2019, 03:56:05 AM »
No tax on cooking meth.

Just saying.
i eats paste

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #3895 on: February 21, 2019, 05:39:34 AM »
I can't get no...satisfaction.
 :(
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison
"If you pour some music on whatever is wrong, it’ll sure help out” - Levon Helm

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), Ninja 650(R) ... Indian Scout (RIP)
« Reply #3896 on: February 21, 2019, 09:23:28 AM »
Umm... the forms, gobledegook & doublespeak ARE the tax code
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #3897 on: February 21, 2019, 09:24:41 AM »
I don't like the money I put into my retirement fund being taxed as income once I actually start needing to use it.
You will (probably) be in a lower tax bracket then, which is the whole concept.
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #3898 on: February 21, 2019, 09:26:31 AM »
No tax on cooking meth.

Just saying.
Have you heard of Al Capone??

Offline stevent

• Motorcycles: 2010 K1300GT
« Reply #3899 on: February 21, 2019, 09:35:05 AM »
We only have to pay $224. this year, remarkable. I expected to pay a lot more. I thought cashing in my mums retirement when she passed away would cost us but we were able to amortize it over 10 years as a 4a death benefit, plus I already paid 20% tax on the withdrawal.

That's the trouble being in the 1% I guess. Now if you'll pardon me I need to throw another peasant on the fire, it's chilly this morning....
"Sure I get the best parking spots, but who could love a man with a wooden leg and a face like a chickens arse?"