Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Rant thread, what pisses you off? (no politics or religion allowed) NSFW  (Read 642007 times)

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
  • Motorcycles: Versys 650 Adventure
I commute to work on a two lane mountain road that has a speed limit of 55 mph. Pretty much the entire road can be safely driven at 50 to 55 mph in most any commuter vehicle. There are plenty of places to pull off and allow faster traffic to pass. There are numerous signs that tell you to pull off and let faster traffic pass.

It never fails, there is always some asshat who is afraid of a nice twisty road and will cruise along at 30 or 35 mph (sometimes less) without pulling off.  I would like a button that allows me to nuke these people :mad: :mad:.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 07:21:15 PM by CLAY »
I don't know how to act my age, I have never been this old before.........
MR MOJO RISIN unscrambled spells JIM MORRISON

-

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
Re: The Rant thread, what pisses you off? (no politics or religion allowed)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 03:22:12 PM »
My ex.

Other than that, not much. Life is good.  :thumbsup:
this signature on hold pending review

Online CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 03:23:18 PM »
Helicopter parents that don't trust teachers.  Their kids are going to be screwed up.   :baldy:
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 03:23:31 PM »
My co workers that continuously screw the pooch, stick it to the man, fuck the dog and sell the puppies...

We have soooo many that are always out for something using FMLA or some other way to not show up for work while still saving all of their vacation time and cashing in their sick time at the end of the year.

DIE DIE DIE!!!!
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

― Frank Zappa

Offline Max Wedge

• Contributor
  • Engineering Pathologist
  • Motorcycles: '10 R1200GS
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 03:24:47 PM »
Winter. This is my 53rd, and I'm all set. Seen it, done it, froze it off. Pretty and all that, but I would now prefer to look at it on my laptop than out my window.
Looking forward to being an ornery, crusty, curmudgeonly old-snowbird.
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists' office.
Where am I?

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
  • Motorcycles: 2013 Kawasaki Concours, 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1989 Honda Transalp
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 03:40:32 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:55:36 AM by dm_gsx1300r »
 No matter where you go, there you are.

Offline bomber

• Rough, grooved surface
  • Motorcycles: some
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 03:42:33 PM »
Really, not much.

Though I'll admit, some days, it takes an effort to remain cheerful . . . on those days, I sing along with Ian Dury and the Blockheads.
We had two bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 03:53:41 PM »
lazy people, slow people, and those morons that always have a half gallon jug of something in their hand.
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »
Carl, I swear to god we work at the same place.  :bigsmile:

-

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
  • Nothing beats good line of sight
  • Motorcycles: 1999 VFR
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 04:05:17 PM »
OH, Fucking Rants you want!!!

Fucking engineering and development. These idiot engineers and developers have absolutely no idea how things work in Production and appear to not care either.

They design a new system but don't check to make sure everything works before pushing out to Production. So we get the systems and low and behold, remote access craps out 50% of the time. And they don't know how to recover. And the solution Engineering *spit* provided isn't the same company as the software provider because some third party bought telecom hardware and software from two vendors and _they_ "support" it. The system uses SD cards as emergency recovery devices. Humorously the recovery program from Intel located on the special SD card doesn't work with the fucking OS on the SD card. So I had to chase down the correct version and copy it to all the SD cards so we could recover if necessary. When we let the "support" company know, they were surprised that the recovery program doesn't work with the supplied SD card OS. And if you kickstart a system with the SD card inserted, the kickstart overwrites the SD card and doesn't go to the hard drive. And in checking the Mirroring of the drives (pull drive to simulate a failure, insert drive to test recovery), I found out there's a special driver that needs to be in the OS or mirroring fails and corrupts the system.

And when Redhat 6 changes the default routing features so inbound traffic _must_ go out the same interface or it's just dropped (Redhat 5 lets inbound traffic go back out any valid interface by default), Engineering comes back with, "you need to make sure we can access all interfaces on a system and not play around with the rules". Fuck you and you're "playing around" moronic comment. It's a Redhat 6 feature. Not something I was doing in my spare time to fuck with Engineering *spit*.

And we get automatic distribution scripts for a tool that we're required to use for speedy deployments (agile *spit*) however the SQA environment doesn't match production so the security we have in place in Production causes the scripts to break throwing the project back a week while we wave our dicks at each other calling the other team names. It'd be nice if the two environments matched configuration wise so such things break at the beginning of the process and not at the end when we're on deadline.

Unfortunately our Lab sysadmin, who manages 1,500 systems from Windows to the Virtualization tool to Unix to Networking and puts in 80 to 90 hours a week because they won't hire a second admin finally collapsed on New Years Day. Two weeks later he's just come out of a coma and they turned the lab environment over to me. Fortunately the powers that be broke up the environment so the Windows servers went to the Windows admins, Virtualization went to the Virtualization team, and networking went to the Networking team. So I'm handling around 500 Unix servers. Silly me, I log in to the first one and there are no fucking named accounts! All the idiot developers and engineers use a single account which has root access so there's no accountability. In the first 7 servers I've assimilated into Production control, I've found two of them so broken that I had to send out a general e-mail to Dev/Engineering to try and identify the owner to clean them up. Both haven't been accessed since September of last year.

I'm seriously psyched to be the lead admin in bringing the lab under our control. But it's going to be a tough change for Dev/Engineering.

That's just top of my head, what I'm annoyed about right now. Don't get me started on the Manager who came to my Project Manager and asked if there were any "smart people in operations" since apparently if you're "smart", you'll move to Engineering *spit* and only the "stupid" people stay in Operations.

Fuck you too, moron.

Carl

Sorry, couldn't help it. Proceed with your rants.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
  • Motorcycles: 2013 Kawasaki Concours, 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa, 1989 Honda Transalp
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 04:20:10 PM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:56:07 AM by dm_gsx1300r »

Offline FJR1300

• Administrator
  • Motorcycles: None
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 04:31:31 PM »
Idiots that pass you and then cut directly in front of you only to slow down and turn. IDIOTS.

Online PatM

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RT
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 04:56:52 PM »
Sitting on your bike, waiting for the green light but it won't turn green because the "intelligent" light doesn't detect your bike.
Ride safe!

Offline stew71

• Contributor
  • Hey...don't act like you're not impressed.
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Triumph Tiger
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 05:04:15 PM »
Let's see...in just plain ol' life in general and not in any particular order...

1. Litterbugs. If it were legal to kill someone for littering, I'd have a body count racked up to rival the Reverend Jim Jones.
2. Inconsiderate smokers. Stop flinging your butts out on the road. And see #1 above while your at it. Keep that shit to yourself/your car/your house.
3. V-Twin riding asswipes with straight pipes...at 5am. Yeah we get it. Your a real badass...
4. Slob hunters....assholes who shoot at birds out of range, hunt from the road and are too lazy to stalk the game or hike into an area. You make the rest of us look bad.
5. Bad customer service. Bike dealership, cable company, fucking dishwasher repair shop...whatever. Don't want my business?? Fuck you, and I'll take my money elsewhere.
     (Take note Lasher Dodge, Elk Grove, CA. Your service department sucks donkey balls. And that's why we're no longer a customer.) 
6. Tailgaters. I'd like to kill them as well.
7. The lack of proper play clock management by Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers....
      FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK....the clock is RUNNING guys. Oh goodie...use ANOTHER timeout because you couldn't get the play to Kap in under 40 fucking seconds.
8. The local intersection of South Land Park Drive, Del Rio Road, and Sutterville Road. The left turn lights NEVER turn green for a bike. Ever.

Now as far as work is concerned....

1. Application developers who submit last minute work requests on Friday for some bullshit updates on Saturday night. And they've known about the updates a month in advance.
2. Application developers who CANNOT COMMUNICATE CLEARLY IN GODDAMN FREAKING BASIC ENGLISH.
3. Anyone who fails to realize that Office has a wonderful invention called the speelcheker...otherwise known as a spellchecker.
4. The software updates that are pushed to our company laptops damn near every week and end up screwing SOMETHING up. Every time.
5. Microsoft Windows.
With enough thrust, a pig flies just fine.

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 05:05:13 PM »
Idiots that pass you and then cut directly in front of you only to slow down and turn. IDIOTS.

A high percent of Californians suffer from this symptom of asshatedness.

-

Offline Justin

• Hi, I'm Phteven
  • Motorcycles: 2008 Hayabusa - 2004 FJR
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 05:11:04 PM »
This pisses me off.

Ever since we bought this fridge back in May, it's pissed me off every time I see it. The "Ice Type" button lets you choose between cube, crush and water. WATER IS NOT A TYPE OF ICE, DAMN IT.

Other than that, life's good :)
FAST: 2004 "Silver Bullet" FJR1300 - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Led Rider LED Motorcycle Aux Lights - Use discount code "STO15"

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
  • Nothing beats good line of sight
  • Motorcycles: 1999 VFR
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 05:48:15 PM »
This pisses me off.

Ever since we bought this fridge back in May, it's pissed me off every time I see it. The "Ice Type" button lets you choose between cube, crush and water. WATER IS NOT A TYPE OF ICE, DAMN IT.

heh
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 06:07:31 PM »
Appliances that talk to me with beeps reminding me of things that I am well aware of. I know the fucking door is open on the fridge. I know the fan is on on the stove. I know the top is open on the washing machine!!!!!!

Faaaaaaaak

― Frank Zappa

Online smoker

• Motorcycles: FJR
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 06:11:14 PM »
Ignorant people. They always seem to be the loudest. Better to appear stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Founding member, Keystone contingent, Flying Pig Association

Online smoker

• Motorcycles: FJR
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 06:12:23 PM »
And squirrels. I HATE squirrels.
Founding member, Keystone contingent, Flying Pig Association

Offline DNA

• Motorcycles: BMG 1200GSAdv
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2014, 06:14:16 PM »
Loud ignorant squirrels are positively the worst!
You may find yourself living in a shotgun shack  -You may find yourself in another part of the world
You may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile- You may find yourself in a beautiful house with a beautiful wife-
You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 06:18:24 PM »

M.Brane to the white courtesy phone please.

My rant? Today? Trying to find the 'right' person in IT to help me. And it takes 2-3 at least.  And yeah, I do my own trouble-shooting. With pictures and steps. :bigsmile:

:couch:
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Online viffergyrl

• Contributor
  • Hey! Wait for me.....
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Suzuki SV650
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2014, 06:19:19 PM »
Ignorant people. They always seem to be the loudest. Better to appear stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Ah yes. The arrogant ignorant.

Pass me the bourbon.
The world is a mess. It has always been a mess. Our job is to straighten out our own lives.  Joseph Campbell

Online squeezer

• Contributor
  • squirrelly geezer
  • Motorcycles: 16 Tiger Xr(x)
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2014, 06:35:12 PM »
Helicopter parents that don't trust teachers.  Their kids are going to be screwed up.   :baldy:

+1.  And they stay helicopter parents right through college and beyond. I would have been humiliated if my parents went to speak to one of my college professors. Now, it's common.

I watched a dad walk his daughter around a job fair, handing out her resumes and talking to the recruiters for her. Who the f&^# would hire that kid?
A man with no sig

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2014, 06:39:33 PM »
This pisses me off.

Actually it is, the melted type.  :bigsmile:

I think I am going to like this thread.  :bigok: :twofinger:

-

Offline olderigetfasteriam

• Motorcycles: Concours, VTR250, AT125
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2014, 07:55:40 PM »
Multiple Sclerosis.

Online R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2014, 08:31:31 PM »
Left Lane Campers

Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
  • Motorcycles: 04 FJR, 06 Speed triple, 88 EX500, 05 YZ250, 91 KX500
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2014, 08:33:42 PM »
This pisses me off.

So i take it it's manufactured by LG.
At the risk of encouraging him, I agree with Cookie.   "Bomber"

Every day is my birthday

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2014, 08:36:00 PM »
Left Lane Campers

They need this in Wisconsin.

Every day is my birthday

Offline fourstring

• Motorcycles: Versys 650 LT
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2014, 08:37:12 PM »
Layoffs.
For all the people that reside there, the center of the universe must be awfully crowded.

Offline Stripes

• I'm On A Boat!
  • Motorcycles: Triumph
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2014, 09:05:50 PM »
Politics & religion!  :lol: 

Not much really. I try not to sweat the small stuff.
Hard work, pays off in the future. Laziness, pays off now.

Offline satxbonneville

• Bailiff, whack his peepee!
  • Motorcycles: '04 Bonneville T100, '03 V-Strom 1000, '06 Ninja 500
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2014, 09:06:58 PM »
This pisses me off.

Um. Water is the liquid phase. An ice kit, as it were...

Just sayin...

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2014, 09:28:26 PM »
"No Ice" (water) is one of the "Ice" choices. Logical sense, to me... (but then I might not be mainstream)
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Online M.Brane

• Motorcycles: 3 RC46, GTS1000
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2014, 09:37:34 PM »

M.Brane to the white courtesy phone please.

Actually there isn't much that "pisses me off" anymore, but this would be near the top of the list if I wasn't so used to it. It's SOP for drivers in Malibu especially when they see a large vehicle in front of them.

Rant for today: people that come up to the flagging operation, and expect to just drive right through. There's a good reason I'm standing out in the road with stop sign dumbass. Just ask the dumbass on the GSXR that blew past the flagman, and ran into the loader in a blind curve at 40 MPH.

Offline FJR1300

• Administrator
  • Motorcycles: None
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2014, 09:43:04 PM »
Just ask the dumbass on the GSXR that blew past the flagman, and ran into the loader in a blind curve at 40 MPH.

Did it leave a mark...?

Online M.Brane

• Motorcycles: 3 RC46, GTS1000
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2014, 09:46:33 PM »
Just ask the dumbass on the GSXR that blew past the flagman, and ran into the loader in a blind curve at 40 MPH.

Did it leave a mark...?

Loader: bent the steps. They are pretty stout.

Bike: totaled. Wouldn't even roll after we dragged it out from under the loader.

Rider: broken leg, and numerous minor injuries. Dude works for the local ambulance service, and was riding in jeans/sneakers.

Offline Veefer800canuck

• Nicky Hayden stole my childhood.
  • Motorcycles: 1999 Honda GL800RR-SP2
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2014, 01:36:15 AM »

Yes it is. It's melted ice. Ice that has undergone a phase change.
Rob McKinnon

My visited states map:

Offline SuperHans

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2014, 08:24:47 AM »
People in general.

Offline bomber

• Rough, grooved surface
  • Motorcycles: some
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2014, 08:44:08 AM »
Layoffs.

OK, NOW I'm getting pissed . . . . .

yeah, me too.
We had two bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12

-

Offline I'm NOT Carl

• Weirdo Freak
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2014, 11:36:59 AM »
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:01:45 AM by dm_gsx1300r »

Offline Justin

• Hi, I'm Phteven
  • Motorcycles: 2008 Hayabusa - 2004 FJR
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2014, 12:20:04 PM »

Yes it is. It's melted ice. Ice that has undergone a phase change.

So, you are saying the fridge freezes the water first, then melts it to make the water? I think not. This is a serious problem, don't make light of it.
FAST: 2004 "Silver Bullet" FJR1300 - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Led Rider LED Motorcycle Aux Lights - Use discount code "STO15"

Offline vfrrider

• Whoopee's the name, safety's the game.
  • Motorcycles: 1993 Honda VFR750F
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2014, 09:13:26 PM »
Here's my 2 cents worth.

I travel, a lot, like 3-4K per month.

A lot of the major cities in Texas have 3 lane areas where its NO TRUCKS IN LEFT LANE.

Sure it is, if they want to, they just come on over and stay as long as they like.

Rant over, I'm home now and unwinding.

Larry
VFRrider

Offline Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2014, 10:55:33 AM »
People that think the merge lane has the right of way. (a big problem in these parts)

People that think their kids are "special"

Our post office delivery driver.  >:(

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives

Every day is my birthday

Offline Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2014, 11:16:42 AM »
Perhaps he'll learn a lesson and stop cutting people off.  ;D

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2014, 10:26:40 PM »
Perhaps he'll learn a lesson and stop cutting people off.  ;D

No shit. Dont cut people off and you might not get shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

-

Offline Stripes

• I'm On A Boat!
  • Motorcycles: Triumph
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2014, 10:48:04 PM »
No shit. Dont cut people off and you might not get shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

C'mon now... is cutting someone off really grounds for getting shot?
Hard work, pays off in the future. Laziness, pays off now.

Offline Formerly Known as Bigfoot

• Motorcycles: 04 Yamaha RSV
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2014, 04:45:55 AM »
People in general.

Whiny people.

Oh, and singers who change the Star Spangled Banner to fit their ego.  That is all.  (Was that whiny?)
If Stupid Could Fly you'd be a Jet.

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2014, 06:29:49 AM »
Wicked perfumey women that have no fucking clue. This applies to some 'men' as well.

― Frank Zappa