Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sena 20s EVO and BMW Navigator VI  (Read 430 times)

Online zer0netgain

• Motorcycles: 2018 BMW R1200RS
Sena 20s EVO and BMW Navigator VI
« on: November 01, 2019, 11:37:16 AM »
I'm having an issue with functionality.  I got it working by updating the GPS, but it stopped working again.

BMW Navigator VI updated sans maps.
iPhone 7 running 13.1.3
Sena 20s EVO fully updated.

I figured already to pair the Sena first then the phone.  That worked last time.  I believe I also told the phone to "forget" the Sena so it wouldn't compete for the Bluetooth connection.

I've even put the phone into airplane mode so that the Sena can only see the GPS and vice versa.

Rotate & Press dial to go forward or back in song playing...nothing.  Vocal prompts...nothing.

Works fine when paired with iPhone.  So, I know it's in the relationship between the GPS and the Sena...but it worked before.

Anyone have any insight?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online radon222

• Contributor
  • It's all Scratch's fault
  • Motorcycles: R1200GSAW, R1200RT
Re: Sena 20s EVO and BMW Navigator VI
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 02:23:04 PM »
What pairing method are you using to pair with the GPS?   I have the Nav5 and was incorrectly using the "2nd Phone" method.  Switching up and Pairing the Phone to Sena as a phone, and NavV as a GPS solved most of the issues I was having.

The Nav V doesn't have the online music streaming controls that the VI does though so I can't help you there.

Online zer0netgain

• Motorcycles: 2018 BMW R1200RS
Re: Sena 20s EVO and BMW Navigator VI
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 04:46:50 AM »
What pairing method are you using to pair with the GPS?   I have the Nav5 and was incorrectly using the "2nd Phone" method.  Switching up and Pairing the Phone to Sena as a phone, and NavV as a GPS solved most of the issues I was having.

The Nav V doesn't have the online music streaming controls that the VI does though so I can't help you there.

I seem to only get the options of intercom, second phone, and GPS.  None of which now work properly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login