Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Marietta, OH Aug 23-25  (Read 843 times)

bungie4 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online mr.awesome

• Motorcycles: 04 Triumph Sprint ST, 03 Kawazuki KLX400SR-SM, 99 Yamaha TW200
Marietta, OH Aug 23-25
« on: June 22, 2019, 03:04:09 PM »
We have a lot going on this summer and I will not get a week ride in this year :'(.  I do have the week of 8-17 / 23 off when my cousins come in from England for my parents 60th wedding anniversary. They leave on the 22nd so i thought i would make an extended weekend trip down to the rollercoasters of Marietta. Planning on riding down Friday morning the 23rd. Staying at the usual Microtel Friday and Saturday nights, Riding all the usual suspects on Saturday and riding home on Sunday. This will be like last years ride here. No rooms reserved. I'm going and if others would like to join in, I would welcome the company.  :bigok:

Mark your calendars and let me know who is interested in coming.

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
Re: Marietta, OH Aug 23-25
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 05:30:38 PM »
Gary.  You are a genius.  Help me explain concpt to my wife.  I don’t buy beer. I just rent it  fosters lager.  Not really investment grade material. They were only little pints, not even a full half liter.

But anyway, even 3 sheets to the wind, I realize this is a looking forward to being there.  great idea.   I was thinking Staunton in August, but Ohioiss cool.  er. 

This will be my first long distance ride on new Versys. 
The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible,
but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.   Vincent van Gogh

Offline jimmy

• Motorcycles: 2004 VFR-A
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 06:15:10 PM »
I will likely see you there!  8)

Online Virginian

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: '19 Husqvarna Svartpilen 401, '14 Vespa 946 Bellissma, '14 HD Wide Glide
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 07:38:12 PM »
I'm likely to haunt this. ;)

Eric
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.

Online mr.awesome

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 09:46:29 PM »
Frank, looks like you are Clay drunk posting.  :twofinger:  When you sober up let us know if you are truly coming. :bigok: Hope you can make it.

Jimmy! My brother from another Mother! Look forward to seeing you again.  :beerchug:

Eric! Hoping to finally meet you!  :chili:

Online bungie4

• Assistance List
  • Motorcycles: 2013 FJR
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 07:49:40 AM »
On the radar.  I missed our SEO rally this past May.

I'll give a couple of buddies who live in the area a buzz.  They'll likely come out to play.
-Steve
SnowMexican
WWPD
choo choo mf'r.

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 08:06:51 AM »
Frank, looks like you are Clay drunk posting.  :twofinger:  When you sober up let us know if you are truly coming. :bigok: Hope you can make it.

Whatdayomean, I could still focus clearly out of one eye  :lol:

Fortunately, I didn’t post anything I regret this morning. 

Date looks good for me.  Hope to see you there. 
but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.   Vincent van Gogh

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
  • Motorcycles: KLz1000 Versys
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 08:54:51 AM »
I will reserve my room this Monday,see you there,last year was fun.
VIVA EL STINKO

The little red bike is gone , sniff sniff, but the Batbike has begun.

Offline garry

• Bleeds Orange...
    • MotoRoads
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 03:25:33 PM »
IN. Balls deep...
2009 KTM 570 EXC
2017 KTM Super Duke GT

Offline OHScot

• Motorcycles: K1200GT, Ural Patrol, R75/6, Reflex, CT70 clone
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 08:51:43 AM »
Planning on this.  Looks like the reason I got involved.

Online zer0netgain

• Motorcycles: 2018 BMW R1200RS
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 08:57:16 AM »
I've put this on my calendar.  Only 5-6 hours away...a nice getaway.  8)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 09:03:57 AM »
Reservations made,Wyndham is running discounts right now, make sure you look around when booking,15% off for two nights and a couple of other discounts depending on stay length , which wound up being a better rate than AARP. :gerg:
VIVA EL STINKO

Online Slides

• Motorcycles: '13 Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 10:16:10 AM »
Room is booked!

Offline Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2019, 10:46:43 AM »
Who is leading the DS ride?  Where do we park the STO campers?  :) 
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Online mr.awesome

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2019, 11:58:42 AM »
This is shaping up to be a decent group. (call it and they will come). Room booked. I'll be picking up Nickybcareful on my way through Toledo. Should be a good time.  :chili:

Bill, you are leading the dualsport ride. I have a feeling you will be the only one though.  :(

Offline garry

• Bleeds Orange...
    • MotoRoads
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2019, 12:53:41 PM »
Who is leading the DS ride?  Where do we park the STO campers?  :)

This will absolutely be a Super Duke meet for me.
2009 KTM 570 EXC
2017 KTM Super Duke GT

Offline OhioRider

• Motorcycles: Triumph Bonneville T120
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 06:58:21 AM »
I'm planning on this one.

Bill
Bill

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2019, 09:11:33 PM »
Reservation made. 

As Jack posted...

Reservations made,Wyndham is running discounts right now, make sure you look around when booking,15% off for two nights and a couple of other discounts depending on stay length , which wound up being a better rate than AARP. :gerg:

I got 20% off 2 night stay  :blbl:

Online bungie4

• Assistance List
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2019, 06:51:01 AM »
Do you guys mind if I cross post this over to the FJRiders forum?  I'm not sure I can make it as I'll be leaving for Yosemite 2 weeks after this meet.
-Steve
SnowMexican
WWPD
choo choo mf'r.

Offline Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2019, 11:46:15 AM »
Do you guys mind if I cross post this over to the FJRiders forum?  I'm not sure I can make it as I'll be leaving for Yosemite 2 weeks after this meet.

OK.  I'll chime in.  For me, these meets are about getting together with sometimes like minded digital personalities and sorting out the realities.  I think it's neat for two total strangers to talk to each other as if they've been buds for years, possibly decades based solely on online interactions.  As time goes by and meets come and go, you get to know people a little better.  Adding in the element of a (potential) bunch of folks who are essentially blank slates doesn't really appeal to me, personally.  But I might not even make it to this meet and I'm basically a newb myself when it comes to the in-person participation so take my vote w/ a grain of salt. 
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Online bungie4

• Assistance List
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2019, 12:32:12 PM »

OK.  I'll chime in.  For me, these meets are about getting together with sometimes like minded digital personalities and sorting out the realities.  I think it's neat for two total strangers to talk to each other as if they've been buds for years, possibly decades based solely on online interactions.  As time goes by and meets come and go, you get to know people a little better.  Adding in the element of a (potential) bunch of folks who are essentially blank slates doesn't really appeal to me, personally.  But I might not even make it to this meet and I'm basically a newb myself when it comes to the in-person participation so take my vote w/ a grain of salt.

Fair enough. Thats why I asked first.  I've only been to one meet (Marietta!) with this group a few years back.  The FJR guys meet the first weekend of May every year in Marietta.  They know their way around.  One year, .. oh hell, whats the name of the group.. Sport Touring guys were in town at the same time.  They were welcome to ride with us. But the courtesy wasn't reciprocated.  Turns out the guys who rode with us were on a recruiting mission. 
-Steve
SnowMexican
WWPD
choo choo mf'r.

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2019, 02:43:59 PM »
  Do it, its how people get to meet new people,having attended STO and STN meets all over the country ( especially out west),its often meeting new people who were only a Handel on the web prior to that. I have no issues as one of the old itmers of the meets.
VIVA EL STINKO

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2019, 03:17:43 PM »
  Do it, its how people get to meet new people,having attended STO and STN meets all over the country ( especially out west),its often meeting new people who were only a Handel on the web prior to that. I have no issues as one of the old itmers of the meets.

+1  Do it.  Some of us might even meet some old acquaintances. 

I completely understand where Bill is coming from.  Not something I'd worry about with the FJR group.  The one thing about the FJR guys is they can be a little obsessed about their FJRs, and you (& they) know that might be putting it mildly.  But by & large, some/many of them are very experienced riders and I never had any clashes riding with them. 

In the meantime, I'm starting getting in shape last night...

Online st2sam

• Motorcycles: 2014 Valkyrie 1993 Ducati 907ie
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2019, 07:32:04 PM »

WTF. :snork:

Jack, I think you and me are the only guys on this board that drink BUD?   :beerchug:
She's a big girl, but boy can she dance.

"Traffic was thick as NRA members at an ammo sale." - Sleazy Rider

Online Patmo

• Motorcycles: 2007 FZ6, 2014 Ninja 650
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2019, 07:47:07 PM »
The MSTA annual Mail Pouch FlyBy Rally is in Marietta the same week- weekend.  (This is its 32nd year) It has a new Coordinator, the club has new leadership, and believe me when I tell you that each and every person is VERY welcome to stop over at the Baymont Inn for some fellowship or to attend.  We do have a cookout scheduled on both Friday and Saturday evenings for the registered and paid rally attendees, but if we have enough food (and we should) we will be happy to share.  Membership in the MSTA is no longer a requirement to attend any of our events.

I am sorry if sometime in the past someone here was not warmly welcomed, but I know for a fact that the Coordinator at that time is no longer in any leadership position within the club.  The club leadership has also completely changed since then.  Nor is the rally under any type of AMA affiliations or regulations....which was the excuse used by said person to keep non-members from attending or even being on the grounds. 

The Coordinator of the Mail Pouch is Norm Kern and he is the Vice President of the MSTA.  I am Patrick Mogavero and I was the VP, as of July 1st, I will be the new president.  I have been a club member since 2000 and I have been on STN and/or STO since the beginning.  One of my goals is to make sure that the MSTA works with every and all groups that want to support motorcycling in general and specifically, Sport Touring.

Marietta is a GREAT location and we will have people there all week, not just the weekend.

Online st2sam

• Motorcycles: 2014 Valkyrie 1993 Ducati 907ie
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2019, 08:11:04 PM »
Awesome post Pat, thanks for chiming in.

32 years is a long time for any club, and soon to be President, you should be proud. :thumbsup:
Best of luck in the upcoming year.  :beerchug:
She's a big girl, but boy can she dance.

"Traffic was thick as NRA members at an ammo sale." - Sleazy Rider

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2019, 09:41:44 PM »
Awesome post Pat, thanks for chiming in.

32 years is a long time for any club, and soon to be President, you should be proud. :thumbsup:
Best of luck in the upcoming year.  :beerchug:

+1. We’ve had meets the same weekend as MSTA before.  Never had a bad experience with any MSTA members.  Met them at the craft brew place there.  Never had any interaction with leadership.

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2019, 05:11:18 PM »
The MSTA annual Mail Pouch FlyBy Rally is in Marietta the same week- weekend.  (This is its 32nd year) It has a new Coordinator, the club has new leadership, and believe me when I tell you that each and every person is VERY welcome to stop over at the Baymont Inn for some fellowship or to attend.  We do have a cookout scheduled on both Friday and Saturday evenings for the registered and paid rally attendees, but if we have enough food (and we should) we will be happy to share.  Membership in the MSTA is no longer a requirement to attend any of our events.

I am sorry if sometime in the past someone here was not warmly welcomed, but I know for a fact that the Coordinator at that time is no longer in any leadership position within the club.  The club leadership has also completely changed since then.  Nor is the rally under any type of AMA affiliations or regulations....which was the excuse used by said person to keep non-members from attending or even being on the grounds. 

The Coordinator of the Mail Pouch is Norm Kern and he is the Vice President of the MSTA.  I am Patrick Mogavero and I was the VP, as of July 1st, I will be the new president.  I have been a club member since 2000 and I have been on STN and/or STO since the beginning.  One of my goals is to make sure that the MSTA works with every and all groups that want to support motorcycling in general and specifically, Sport Touring.

Marietta is a GREAT location and we will have people there all week, not just the weekend.
Well I am glad things changed,I quit MSTA because of the old leadership,and I'm sure you know of the drama involved.Thankyou Patmo for the post.
VIVA EL STINKO

Online Patmo

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2019, 08:33:26 PM »

Well I am glad things changed,I quit MSTA because of the old leadership,and I'm sure you know of the drama involved.Thankyou Patmo for the post.

Drama is one thing we can certainly do without.  Wish I could say that it will never be a problem ever again, but it seems that some people must like it because it always seems to come back someway.  All I can promise is that I’ll do everything to eliminate as much as I can.  I just want to have fun.   :)

Online mr.awesome

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2019, 08:30:31 AM »
I just want to have fun.   :)

THIS.....I called this ride because i just want to go have some fun. Be it by myself or with other friends / aquintences I just want to get out on my bike and have some fun.  :bigok:  Thanks for posting that up Pat. I personlly have never had an issue with the MSTA. I have been to a few of their weekly rides years ago out in Howell MI and always felt welcomed. Speaking of a cook out, for those who have not been to the Microtel in a couple years there is a really nice paver patio between the two hotels for our gathering pleasure. (I guess they got sick of us standing at the front door drinking beers) There are comfortable chairs and tables, a fire pit and a grill or two which we can use. With the amount of people coming we may have too many for a cab ride downtown for dinner. I was thinking dinner at the mexican joint friday night and picking up some simple grilling for saturday night, ( burgers, dogs, brats)?  Oh and  :beerchug:

Online Patmo

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2019, 05:55:16 PM »
Howell!?   You must know Bob, Karl, Martin, Gerry and all of the rest of the Howell crew.  Great people!  Been hanging out with them for years.  I expect them all to be in Marietta for this year’s rally and am looking forward to seeing them all. 

Between the two groups we are going to turn Marietta inside-out!   ;D

Online mr.awesome

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2019, 08:03:30 PM »
Howell!?   You must know Bob, Karl, Martin, Gerry and all of the rest of the Howell crew.  Great people!  Been hanging out with them for years.  I expect them all to be in Marietta for this year’s rally and am looking forward to seeing them all. 

Between the two groups we are going to turn Marietta inside-out!   ;D

Bob was the guy running it if i remember right. I was on my GPZ at the time so it had to be at least 12 years ago (have i had the triumph that long :eek:) They would have a bike night in a diner/strip mall parking lot with their tent set up to promote MSTA. They had little maps showing a nice route to ride in the area that would bring you back to them. Very friendly and nice people.

Online smoker

• Motorcycles: FJR
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2019, 10:38:00 AM »
Room booked. My good friend Doug with the pink speed triple will be joining us.
Founding member, Keystone contingent, Flying Pig Association

Online Eh2zed

• ATW V2.0
  • Motorcycles: BMW R1100S
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2019, 07:52:03 PM »
I would have made the spring thing but my buddy crashed.
Maybe Marietta.....
My GPS just told me to turn left, then turn left, then turn left, then turn left.
Now you know why I vote the way I do.
And "Yes officer I do know how fast I was going"

Online maddjack

• Contributor
  • UFO PILOT
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2019, 04:29:51 PM »
Was in the area today,enjoying the not straight road fun.😁😁😁   Just sayin.
VIVA EL STINKO

Online mr.awesome

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2019, 07:37:30 PM »

:smiley_thumb:  looks like we may be up to a dozen. Should be a good time. Pink speed triple? 955 or 1050? Custom painted I take it.

Online smoker

• Motorcycles: FJR
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2019, 07:42:16 PM »

:smiley_thumb:  looks like we may be up to a dozen. Should be a good time. Pink speed triple? 955 or 1050? Custom painted I take it.

1050 I think. It's a factory color, technically "nuclear red" but yeah, it's pink. His plate says IM RED.
Founding member, Keystone contingent, Flying Pig Association

Online zer0netgain

• Motorcycles: 2018 BMW R1200RS
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2019, 04:34:13 AM »
1050 I think. It's a factory color, technically "nuclear red" but yeah, it's pink. His plate says IM RED.

Start calling him Doughnut.

Red vs. Blue running gag

Online Skee

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2019, 02:38:06 PM »

I remember that from the ride up to Bill’s Bike Barn.  Gawd I’m getting old.

Closer to Nuclear Fushcian

Offline Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #39 on: Yesterday at 03:19:45 PM »
Tell Lord Doug of the Pink I said "HI"