Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DC IMS? Anybody go?  (Read 1684 times)

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250, Ninja 500R
DC IMS? Anybody go?
« on: January 15, 2014, 07:11:06 AM »
<crickets>

Wanted to see the new strom but figure it'll be in showrooms soon.  Did I miss anything good?
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
Re: DC IMS? Anybody go?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 07:13:07 AM »
I'm sure crickets were probably heard there as well.  It was awful 15-20 years ago and just seams to get worse each year.

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 09:52:04 AM »
We talked about going but blew it off.  Nothing 'exciting' this year - our garage and closets are full.

Offline Hodge Podge

• Hare Apparent
  • Motorcycles: Not right now
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 09:57:44 AM »
I thought this year's show was a big improvement--wider array or marques than previous. Good to see Triumph finally there, and got to check out the new KTMs (even if that was through a local dealer's booth). The Zook booth had multiple versions of the new Stroms--650 and 1000. The new Indians were...interesting, and Victory had a strong showing--too bad none have mid-mount controls. A couple of the custom bikes were compelling (e.g., 2WD) and others were not. I went Saturday mid-afternoon, and the crowd wasn't too bad.

I'm definitely interested in going back next year, which is the first time I've said that in ages (no intention of going after last year, until this year's flier promised more marques).