Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Go Cruise  (Read 3301 times)

Offline Stripes

• I'm On A Boat!
  • Motorcycles: Triumph
Go Cruise
« on: January 14, 2014, 07:59:28 PM »
Does anyone here have one or something similar that they use or have experience with? Thoughts? I've heard that they're the shit for aftermarket makeshift cruise control. I would normally use a Throttlemeister but I'm not sure that they make one for my models & I don't know that I want bigger bar ends. What say ye?
Hard work, pays off in the future. Laziness, pays off now.

Offline Veefer800canuck

• Nicky Hayden stole my childhood.
  • Motorcycles: 1999 Honda GL800RR-SP2
Re: Go Cruise
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 03:19:03 AM »
Waaaay better than that.

MCcruise from Australia. Actual electronic cruise, not some cheapo automotive unit made to fit.

The kits are model specific, and no cutting, soldering or irreversible mods to the bike.

100% plug and play, with the correct length wiring and connectors for each specific motorcycle model fitment.

Have had it on my VFR since 2000 and it works great. Set-Accel-Resume-Decel just like your car.

Tied into the brakes, will deactivate with either lever or pedal. And, if you're silly enough to pull in the clutch while on cruise, it disengages then also.

Adjustable for sensitivity (H-M-L) which you can select and test to see which works best for your MC.

http://www.mccruise.com/

Rob McKinnon

My visited states map:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Max Wedge

• Contributor
  • Engineering Pathologist
  • Motorcycles: '10 R1200GS
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 06:33:35 AM »
If you decide to with a throttle lock style, check out the Kaoko. I don't think they have larger bar ends. Mine fit with the factory hand guards no modifications.
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists' office.
Where am I?

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 07:18:59 AM »
I've used the Go Cruise for years.  It's nothing more than a throttle lock but is very simple and quite effective. 

Of course the C14 has all the torque all the time so it does a little better in hilly terrain than a smaller bike would. 

It's no cruise though.  Not even close.

Offline PatM

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200RT
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 08:01:29 AM »
Throttle locks are good for one thing, give you a 15 second break to relieve pressure on your right wrist.
If you don't need the heavier bar end, I don't see why you should buy the more expensive Throttlemeister or similar bar end.
Look a it this way, installation time is a breeze and you can move it from one bike to another in seconds. For $20, I'd go for it.
I have a Throttlemeister installed and rarely use it. I prefer to use a cramp buster instead.
Ride safe!

Offline motormike

• Motorcycles: 2007 VFR800 ABS, 2001 VFR800
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 12:19:30 PM »
I bought the $10 Crampbuster last Spring but have yet to actually use it.  I also recently bought a 2007 VFR that came with some unidentified throttle lock.  I don't know what brand it is and probably won't use it.

That Australian MC Cruise looks very expensive at $800USD.

Offline Doug Just Doug

• Will Ride For Food
    • Tilted Horizons (on hiatus)
  • Motorcycles: 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 ABS
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 12:24:40 PM »
I like my Go Cruise: cheap and simple; just like my women.  I keep it in my tankbag and only use it when on the rare occasions I'm doing some slab riding.  Takes 10 seconds to install/remove.

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 01:17:50 PM »
I have used the vista cruise for years.  A simple throttle lock- and like others have said. good for a little bit off the throttle.  That said I went 42 miles with no hands on the way to James Bay.   :bigsmile:  That's my personal record. 
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Offline Stripes

• I'm On A Boat!
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 08:17:11 PM »
Thanks gents! I don't want anything extravagant... I don't know if I'll ride much or even at all but it'd be nice to have something I can swap back & forth from one bike to the other. Also, I have a throttle rocker that I throw on sometimes if I'm going for an hour ride or longer & don't want it to interfere. A salesman & a customer at one of the Triumph dealers I was at recommended the "Go Cruise" & I have never heard of it before. I had a Throttlemeister on my 1050 Sprint that worked pretty well but nothing works as good as the factory cruise on my GT!

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
  • Nothing beats good line of sight
  • Motorcycles: 1999 VFR
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 12:19:07 PM »
I have used the vista cruise for years.  A simple throttle lock- and like others have said. good for a little bit off the throttle.  That said I went 42 miles with no hands on the way to James Bay.   :bigsmile:  That's my personal record.

:clap:

You can that in west Texas too.  ;)
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 12:24:59 PM »
I don't think that's something to applaud.  :shrug:

Of course you don't have many options out that way.  I guess that's one way to try to stay awake.

Offline Stripes

• I'm On A Boat!
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 10:05:37 PM »
They didn't have any Go Cruise things at the dealer close to my house so I ordered one on Amazon. It arrived yesterday! It comes w/ a rubber band type thing that they want you to put on the grip before putting the Go Cruise on. Is that part really necessary? My Cramp Buster had the same type of thing & eventually it just wasted away & works fine now w/o it.