Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Olympia Avenger Mesh Suit  (Read 2119 times)

Offline marc11

Olympia Avenger Mesh Suit
« on: January 14, 2014, 06:30:13 AM »
Anyone have or had one that could offer up some options. I'm considering getting one for my summer commute. Just looking for options in ease of entry exit, airflow, padding, quality, etc.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

2014 R1200RT
2002 XR400

Online coho

• Contributor
  • Probably not wearing pants.
  • Motorcycles: R1100RT (Gentleman's Express) - StFU200 (The Dumbbike) - Guzzi V7II (Tiny Musclecar)
Re: Olympia Avenger Mesh Suit
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 01:40:15 PM »
I have its predecessor, the Stealth, and while I certainly wouldn't wear it for a track day it's the bomb for summer commuting.

Not quite as fast on and off as a Roadcrafter onesie, but still quick.
With a windproof mid-layer (think golf shirt) it'll go pretty deep into spring & fall too. Unless you live someplace rainy.
Wads up pretty small because of the flexibility of the mesh areas and thus fits in cases that would not normally hold a full suit.
Makes you look like a fighter pilot from the future.
If it weren't for the therapeutic properties of the occasional off-camber decreasing radius downhill right-hander I'd almost certainly go completely sane.

"I like the beverages."  -CLAY

Offline marc11

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 01:56:27 PM »
I have its predecessor, the Stealth, and while I certainly wouldn't wear it for a track day it's the bomb for summer commuting.

Not quite as fast on and off as a Roadcrafter onesie, but still quick.
With a windproof mid-layer (think golf shirt) it'll go pretty deep into spring & fall too. Unless you live someplace rainy.
Wads up pretty small because of the flexibility of the mesh areas and thus fits in cases that would not normally hold a full suit.
Makes you look like a fighter pilot from the future.

Great, thanks.
2014 R1200RT
2002 XR400

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 02:00:08 PM »
If you can, make sure you get a chance to try it on.  I can't stand the armor that Olympia uses in most of their stuff.  On a long ride I have to take the knee pads out (stupid) so they don't cause knee pain.  I think it's more of an issue if you have bony knees.

Offline marc11

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 05:17:56 PM »
If you can, make sure you get a chance to try it on.  I can't stand the armor that Olympia uses in most of their stuff.  On a long ride I have to take the knee pads out (stupid) so they don't cause knee pain.  I think it's more of an issue if you have bony knees.

I'm hoping to get down to Revzilla next week to try it in. Clearly I'm not in an urgent need for mesh gear but once I get the new gear bug its all I focus on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

2014 R1200RT
2002 XR400