Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Great service from Gordon's heated clothing  (Read 455 times)

Online 1KPerDay

• Ride to eat, eat to ride
  • Motorcycles: XR1200, GL1800A, R90/6
Great service from Gordon's heated clothing
« on: March 20, 2019, 10:50:04 PM »
https://gordonsheated.com

I had an old style pair of Gerbing's gloves and I loved them. Warm as hell, truly waterproof, durable. I even used them for my ski gloves and I think I left them on the car after skiing or something but in any case I lost them. I looked and mourned for months but eventually gave in and went to order some replacements. At some point I learned that Gordon Gerbing and family were still making superior heated gear after they sold their company and apparently weren't too happy with what became of the name. This may be hearsay.

Regardless I decided to try them and asked for a pair of their heated deerskin gauntlet gloves for Christmas. They weren't inexpensive. Over $200 at the time and $265 now.

They are very well made and comfortable and got me through several years of winter riding and the Big Sky Rally with zero dark thirty riding in BC and Montana.

They are more comfortable than the older, heavier style I had before and feel more like just high quality deerskin riding gloves.

The downside of this thinner design is that they are perhaps not as warm in truly bitter cold conditions. But they definitely do the trick and are a lifesaver.

The only thing I didn't like was that the place where the leads entered the glove was right along the outside edge of my hand where it meets the wrist, and the connection they used started to feel sharp after a dozen hours. Finally after 4 or 5 years the left one developed a short that popped a 15 amp fuse a couple times. So I asked my wife to send them back for repair with my description of the annoyance and the short.

I expected to be billed for the repair and the custom relocation of the connections to above my wrist but I just received them back with a note that said "why endure the ride when you can enjoy the ride?" and said they fixed the short and relocated the wiring. No charge.

I'm a fan.
My hovercraft is full of eels

Offline leeo45

• Motorcycles: ALTA EXR, VFR800, R12GS Adv, 640Adv, 525EXC, 400XCW, etc.
Re: Great service from Gordon's heated clothing
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 03:38:13 AM »
I opened the link only to see the notice of Gordon Gerbing's recent passing and his obituary.   :(  It includes some limited info about the Gerbings story and the distressed sale of the company in 2011.

All of my original Gerbings gear from 20 years ago is still working so I can't really justify spending money on new gear, but I've saved the link and will order Gordon's Gear if my current vest, jacket, or gloves ever fail.    Thanks for posting this.