Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I'm done being in your Bristol and gonna be up in your London soon  (Read 905 times)

Offline DNA

• Motorcycles: BMG 1200GSAdv
Re: I'm done being in your Bristol and gonna be up in your London soon
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 10:40:45 PM »
Pretty much everything I went to the UK (which was monthly  for a while) I choose to eat Indian.
 Go have a nice vindaloo...
You may find yourself living in a shotgun shack  -You may find yourself in another part of the world
You may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile- You may find yourself in a beautiful house with a beautiful wife-
You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?

Online chornbe

• Contributor
  • Burdened with glorious purpose.
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: The one I'm borrowing
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2018, 02:50:28 PM »
The Indian food I had was top notch. Totally stand out.
There's a pub in London called The Anchor and Hope. If you're in london, just go there. Take the taxi, uber, tube, whatever.... trust me. It's worth it. Daily changes to the menu. It looks like a divey pub, but dear god, the food... the food.
Hit up a Brew Dog. Snacky stuff and actual good beers.
Also, there's this little tapas place right at Southwark station, at the end of a little street that was.. ungodly good.
Tas, the turkish place was straight up wonderful.
PWH on Blackfriars' Road - cheap and very good.

Also, regarding the beer thing... the IPA was invented in England because hops are a natural preservative, so they over-hopped the beer so it would survive the 4-6 month trip on sailing ships. American IPA is a pale cousin to the original IPAs back in the day. What they're calling IPA in England these days is... Just not.
this signature on hold pending review

Offline sodapop6620

• Motorcycles: 4
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 07:30:32 PM »
You are not living until you have one foot in the Western Hemisphere and one foot in the Eastern hemisphere while you are enjoying a pint.