Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LWRCI M6A2 STRETCH  (Read 1761 times)

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250, Ninja 500R
LWRCI M6A2 STRETCH
« on: January 02, 2014, 05:54:10 AM »
What is this and why is it so freakin expensive?  I mean, I know it's an AR platform 5.56 but what's so special about it?  Why 2500 for this vs. the 799 version I see elsewhere? 
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Offline khuffy

Re: LWRCI M6A2 STRETCH
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 11:59:56 AM »
I haven't looked into the above rifle specs, but here is a video talking about the differences between high end and low end AR-15 rifles.

http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/make-mind-monday-high-end-vs-entry-level-ar-15s/

Edit to add: honestly, all the rifle companies offering high end rifles are building these rifles from other companies' components (sometimes making a few themselves or sub-contracting the manufacturing and putting their logo on it).  You can save quite a bit of money by buying the components and building the rifle yourself. 

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
  • Motorcycles: Versys 650 Adventure
Re: LWRCI M6A2 STRETCH
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 12:22:07 PM »
Things that stick out in the article I read. Weight reduction and a piston system. Thats expensive stuff when done right. In all honesty if I were to build a dream AR it would easily price out around $2500 (my cost). Think about a rifle length Troy rail system, that's $400 right there. Sites, $100 each end easy. It adds up fast.

"The SL utilizes the ‘stretch’ or mid-length piston system, providing a more direct recoil impulse for faster follow-up shots.?

The most distinct feature of the SL is the light contour barrel. The barrel still utilizes LWRCI’s NiCorr surface conversion technology on a cold-hammer-forged barrel, but the barrel is of a smaller diameter to reduce weight. ?

The SL comes standard with the EXO (nickel-boron) plated Advanced Combat Bolt, one piece EXO coated carrier, and the EXO coated enhanced fire control group. The SL also comes standard with a Daniel Defense A1.5 fixed rear sight and a fixed A2 front sight post.?"
I don't know how to act my age, I have never been this old before.........
MR MOJO RISIN unscrambled spells JIM MORRISON

-