Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Video gaming systems  (Read 2056 times)

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
  • Motorcycles: 2006 Honda ST1300
Re: Video gaming systems
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 07:12:10 AM »
You guys are killing me,
  Today was let's clean out the office crap, I found my old nintendo game system with all the cartridges (well a lot of them) This stuff has been sitting in a box for a really long time.After reading this thread I think I am going to hook it up to a modern TV, might be a bit grainy but maybe the kids will get a kick out of it. Will pose in a day or so for an update on how well the old stuff goes over with the new generation

My kids are gamers and they were impressed by a yard sale Pong set I brought home.

But after a while, there was some "Is this all it does?"

Growing up, we had an Atari 2600 on a 27" color console tv and it entertained 7 kids, 2 adults and many of our friends with Pong, Tank Battle and Space Invaders all on 8 bits of graphics and cheesy sound effects.  Our family room was the neighborhood playground in winter.

The current crop of gaming units is generations light years and parsecs ahead of where we started.
--Tom

Online CLAY

• How did I become a moderator?
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2017, 08:08:59 AM »
Ya bunch of punks.  I have this sitting in the basement- fully functional.  I wonder what it'd take to hook it up through HDMI to the TV?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2017, 09:58:18 AM »
--Tom

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), VStar 950, Ninja 650
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 05:31:32 PM »
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2018, 07:22:12 PM »
Hold off on ordering from them. My order hasn’t been processed yet and it’s been a week.  The charge went thru though. 
--Tom

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2018, 07:29:49 AM »
I appreciate the info
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2018, 05:59:34 AM »
I appreciate the info

Do not ORDER from NostalgiaFix.  Apparently, he's heavily underwater on transactions and over his head in debt.  I'm calling my credit card folks today and filing for refund of the charge.  Avoid at all costs.  He screwed plenty of customers on eBay and spun off onto his own website to continue the fraud.

From the BBB website:

PATTERN OF COMPLAINTBBB files indicate a pattern of complaints concerning delivery fulfillment and customer service for orders placed online with Nostalgiafix.com. Consumers allege extensive delays in receiving the merchandise they ordered from the company, despite being charged at the time of the purchase. Consumers also report that they experience difficulty in getting a response about the status of their orders or refund requests.

ALERTBBB is unable to locate this business.
BBB attempted to contact Nostalgia Fix at 1209 Orange St. Augustine, FL 32084 (as provided by a consumer) and the mail was returned as the address was deemed invalid. BBB checked the Florida Division of Corporations and could not find "Nostalgia Fix" registered as a corporate entity or a fictitious name. BBB also checked the St. Johns County tax collectors database and did not find any record of a business w...
Read More
--Tom

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2018, 09:29:49 AM »
Really appreciate the info!
Let me/us know who/where you find to order from.

Online Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
  • Motorcycles: yes
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2018, 02:41:17 PM »
Picked up a lightly used PS3 a couple days ago. Should cover Netflix and Hulu duties for the family room, as well as give me an infrequent gaming outlet. I love not being on the cutting edge, everything is so CHEAP!!!
LT
Great googly-moogly!

Online sleazy rider

• Contributor
    • Da Blog!
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2018, 04:34:30 PM »
Exactly.  I don't intend to play the latest FPS and kill 'em all games.  An N64 or similar era machine is perfect. 
--Tom

Offline Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2018, 01:18:00 PM »
Got the Nintendo connected last evening, the whole family played Mario 3 for hours. It was the first time the system has been connected in at least 15 years.  Yes nothing compared to what is in the stores now (graphics and game play, but cost wise ;) The boys are loving it.   Drawback is it is a sunny warm day outside today and they are glued to the tube. THink I will give them a day or so, then dial back the exposure

Been thinking of hooking up the PlayStation 2, better visuals and game play, but then they would find the Grand Theft Auto games. Nope the youngest is Not Age Appropriate for that stuff.
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • Freezing worms makes them easier to sharpen
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2018, 01:34:15 PM »
Nintendo makes the only systems that leaves people smiling, rather than angry.
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Offline Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2018, 08:48:21 PM »
I think you are spot on with that Papa. Nintendo Wii was a family favorite, heck the kids wore it out. With the original Nintendo it is just fun and laughs, although a bit of aggravation is there.   
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2018, 01:17:20 PM »

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2018, 01:42:20 PM »