Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WV Fall Foliage Video  (Read 835 times)

Offline garry

• Bleeds Orange...
    • MotoRoads
WV Fall Foliage Video
« on: October 29, 2017, 10:06:58 AM »
I think this got lost at the end of the foliage thread, so I'm giving it it's own thread...

My plans for an overnight ride were foiled by the weather, so a long day ride it was. Burned a vacation day to take advantage of the Indian summer weather. Cold start to the morning though. 33 at home and below freezing in the Laurel Highlands, so out came the heated gear (jacket and gloves). I was pretty toasty warm all morning. I basically took back roads to Ohiopyle, 381 into WV, then 26 down to 50. Ran east along 50 then south along more back roads (Stemple Ridge, Location, Holly Meadows) into Parsons. Then over to Seneca Rocks via 219, 32, and 33. Over Judy Gap to Franklin for lunch. Headed north toward home using Smoke Hole Rd, Jordan Run, and 42 which got me into Maryland. Bit of 219 through Deep Creek, then 42 back into PA. Up through the Laurel Highlands to Normalville (281, 653) followed by the usual suspects on the way home.

Great ride. 430 miles over 10.5 hours. Sunny clear blue skies all day. Warmed up into the 60s by lunch. Colors were past peak, but were still really nice, especially as they were set off by the sun and blue skies. I decided to compile my photos into a slideshow video since Photobucket F'd us.

! No longer available

2009 KTM 570 EXC
2017 KTM Super Duke GT

Online R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
Re: WV Fall Foliage Video
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 10:49:09 AM »
I miss having that in my backyard. I love meandering the lane and a half non-striped roads.

Thanks for sharing. 
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 11:01:24 AM »
Nice.

`bout 1/2-way through I started to notice pavement in great condition. I don't recall seeing one pothole / patch.
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Offline nevinfs327

• Motorcycles: Ducati Scrambler; Kawasaki W650; Suzuki TU250
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 11:50:49 AM »
Looked like a great day for a ride.  No luck getting a fall foliage ride in this year, so thanks for posting some familiar scenes and roads.