Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: tankhead rides west again.  (Read 8761 times)

Offline tankhead

• Motorcycles: 2014 Yamaha Super Tenere
Re: tankhead rides west again.
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2017, 04:32:02 PM »
The flights and van rental for the family are booked! Now the logistics can begin while we are there.  Reserving the '"Glamping" at Zion, the ATV tour in Bryce, and the Antelope canyon tour along with lodging at North Rim Grand Canyon..(good luck), and the Bryce area.. SO damn excited for my family to see the South West that I love....

Offline Newton Hills

• Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200 GSA
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2018, 09:35:12 PM »
Sounds like a great trip Chris! Can't wait for the ride!

Online Vulcanbill

• Contributor
  • no thank you ... still
  • Motorcycles: XT250
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2018, 02:13:47 PM »
The flights and van rental for the family are booked! Now the logistics can begin while we are there.  Reserving the '"Glamping" at Zion, the ATV tour in Bryce, and the Antelope canyon tour along with lodging at North Rim Grand Canyon..(good luck), and the Bryce area.. SO damn excited for my family to see the South West that I love....

Cool.  Obviously don't miss sunrise / set at the canyon.  And look into Virgin River Narrows hike.  Can be as long or short as you like.  We did a 2 day overnighter from the top down.  But you can do an out and back as far as you'd like.  It's very very cool.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
If a person's primary concern is increasing freedom, they should prepare for a reduction in average lifespan.  ---  Misanthropist

If you say "Gullible" real slow, it sounds like "Orange"

Offline tankhead

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2018, 08:08:37 PM »
Lodging at the Grand freaking Canyon is on!!!!!!!! We scored one of the cabins....

Also Camping at Jackson Hole within a couple blocks of the center of the city is set.

Can't freaking wait.
 8)
 8)
 8)

Online Virginian

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: '17 Yamaha FZ-10 '14 Vespa 946 Bellissma
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2018, 08:11:20 PM »
Woohoo! Looking forward to this ride report!
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.

Online R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
  • Motorcycles: '13 R1200GS
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2018, 06:01:33 AM »
:popcorn:
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Offline tankhead

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2018, 09:20:03 PM »
Thankfully ADVrider tent site rocked the shit out of it..

I will be able to stow my bike while my family is in "town" while we check out the various areas of the grand canyon, bryce, and zion for 7 full days.

Things are shaping up to be a wonderful trip.....

One more thing I might have to arrange...... time will tell........

Offline tankhead

« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2018, 04:59:56 PM »
Well I did the shake down ride to the Lake Anna meet.  Packed all the gear that I plan on taking on the trip.  With room to spare, all is well.  Was hoping to "Glamp" in Zion but most offerings were on the west side of the park.  Don't have that kind of time.  SO we rented a "tiny house".  It has a upstairs balcony and can sleep 5 os us.  20 minutes from the east entrance.. All that is left to do is change the oil and shaft drive oil, figure out IMGUR, and WAIT>>>>>>> patiently...

Here are some changes to the agenda.  My buddy Gregg will be riding along with me... Can't wait to show him the west...

June 25 Jackson WY
June 26 Red Canyon UT
June 27 Glade Park Nationaal Mon.
June 28 Arches/Dead Horse Point
June 29 Capitol Reef/Torrey
June 30 Gregg Heads back then I head down Route 12 and possible camp/ Hike the shit out of Hells backbone and live up there for 2 days in my tent (weather permitting)
 Then be in Flagstaff AZ waiting for my family to pick me up and begin the trip of a life time x 2

Stay tuned..........  8)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 02:11:53 PM by tankhead »

Offline tankhead

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2018, 05:20:30 PM »
As long as we're trashing this thread up good, be sure to ask Marc or one of the mods to flush this out before you actually start posting real content, or start another one for the actual ride part. Like i said, I love these planning discussions - I usually get good ideas about packing and luggage systems and such. :)

I say thrash the f&ck away.... It's my party and I will thrash if I want to, thrash if I want to   and you are all welcome to too....

Offline tankhead

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2018, 05:32:07 PM »

So Ray LaMontagne is one of my favorite artists.   He is coming out with a new album.  It will be right about the time I will be off on my travels.  Exactly the time I traveled WEST 10 years ago I was turned on to him and his wonderful art>  He traveled with me in my iPod for the ups and downs of travel, during a horrible divorce, a new love, and missing my daughters more than water on the 5th day without. His music has been the most incredible sensation of bliss I can imagine.  So I wanted to throw this up in this joint.

When we were dating, I told her that when shit hit the fan with my divorce my sister and brother in law played some new music that they had and as I listened to the lyrics to this one song, "Forever my Friend",  I fantasized that somewhere there had to be someone that could be my mate, had to be someone, somewhere,  that got me. 

Within a year I found her.  Right before I went out west.  I ended up marrying her about 2.5 years later. 

She is my best friend.  She is my Thumb. I love her.  She is my wife.  Suey.. She inscribed "Forever My Friend, Forever my Love" in my wedding ring

« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 11:38:41 PM by tankhead »

Offline tankhead

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2018, 11:19:11 PM »

Offline tankhead

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2018, 11:53:31 PM »

Online Virginian

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: '17 Yamaha FZ-10 '14 Vespa 946 Bellissma
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2018, 12:26:49 AM »
All I can say is I'm eternally jealous that you can take a month off from life to make a trip like this. If I only could i would go in a heartbeat. Be safe, seize the moment and I can only hope you share your adventures.

Eric
Show up on time, do your best and don't grumble about the outcome.

Offline Newton Hills

• Motorcycles: 2016 BMW R1200 GSA
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2018, 10:36:09 PM »
As long as we're trashing this thread up good, be sure to ask Marc or one of the mods to flush this out before you actually start posting real content, or start another one for the actual ride part. Like i said, I love these planning discussions - I usually get good ideas about packing and luggage systems and such. :)

I say thrash the f&ck away.... It's my party and I will thrash if I want to, thrash if I want to   and you are all welcome to too....
I'm looking forward to this ride Chris, July can't get here fast enough!

Offline tankhead

« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2018, 08:23:19 PM »

I'm looking forward to this ride Chris, July can't get here fast enough!

Right on friend..!!!!! ..... Coming quickly.... Can't wait to see all of you guys again..
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 12:48:00 AM by tankhead »