Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2017 Montgomeryville Cycle Show  (Read 1579 times)

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
2017 Montgomeryville Cycle Show
« on: October 14, 2017, 10:03:37 AM »
FYI - 2017 Classic, Antique, & Custom Motorcycle Show - SAT OCT 28th - Montgomeryville Cycle Center, Hatfield PA

Not far from where I live - PM me if you're planning to visit - I may hang around.

Not sure if I've ever attended so I can't tell you what to expect.  Maybe ran into Ken there once early morning.  Passed by it several times - if it's a nice day and the parking lot is full, I go for a ride - always draws a crowd.

http://www.montgomeryvillecc.com/--CAC_Show_2017
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.    Bertrand Russell

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Offline sodapop6620

• Motorcycles: 4
Re: 2017 Montgomeryville Cycle Show
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 02:17:56 PM »
Thanks for the headsup. Unfortunately I will be out of state that weekend.

Offline Rincewind

• Motorcycles: DL650A
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 10:39:20 AM »
On my radar.  Will need to see if they can do a small BMW recall for me if I stop by.  Local shop dropped BMW which sucks for me.  Would like to see these classic bikes, but also the ton of good deals on new bikes as per their website.

Online slayman

• Motorcycles: 05 ZZR 1200, 84 GPZ 550 (not running)
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 10:47:42 AM »
On my radar.  Will need to see if they can do a small BMW recall for me if I stop by.  Local shop dropped BMW which sucks for me.  Would like to see these classic bikes, but also the ton of good deals on new bikes as per their website.
Not that I'm in the market for a BMW but that's a bummer. Keller didn't want to foot the bill to meet "franchise" requirements? Will B & B pick it up?
"James Bond killed many men with a .380 and that's all I need to know." Cookie 2015-02-12

Offline Rincewind

• Motorcycles: DL650A
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 10:52:22 AM »
I doubt B&B will pick them up, seeing as they dropped Triumph after only a short while. 

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:00:50 AM by Rincewind »

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 04:23:31 PM »
Couple of photos.  There may have been more classics parked in the parking lot than entered in the show.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bikes I wished I could have owned when I was younger.  Either one of these would have made an awesome tourer.  I'd still like to take something like that on a road trip.

Remember drum brakes - up front - Triumph added a cooling vent to combat heat fade.  How about things you'd rather forget - drum brakes in the rain. 

Now here's a classic, along with a younger model.

I don't have anything for the obligatory food shop - so you'll have to settle for the post-ride whiskey.  That's my little mascot; been with me on every ride for easily the last 10 years - rarely sees daylight outside the tank bag.  But he does know a good Irish whiskey when he sees one.

Deservedly so - I rode 125 miles today - met up with Scott & son - on some great country backroads - to go to a show 2 miles from my house!  That will make perfect sense to some of you here; others will be asking why such a short ride!  8)
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.    Bertrand Russell

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Online kendenton

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: '15 Aprilia Caponord
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 09:49:49 AM »
I got there around 11 - other than the twenty or so bikes in the showroom there was nothing to see.  Pretty disappointing compared to the huge showing at Martin's every year :(
IBA #37902