Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sun Valley Idaho riding suggestions  (Read 65 times)

Offline FTL900

• Motorcycles: FJR1300, ZRX1100, FZ1, Tracer 900GT
Sun Valley Idaho riding suggestions
« on: June 11, 2020, 07:48:23 PM »
My GF decided we should go to Sun Valley for a few days.  It's getting hot here in Las Vegas.
She decided we should drive up, meaning I will be driving and probably in my pickup.
So I'm already considering trucking a bike up with us and doing some sightseeing in the area.   
I have never been closer than the I-84 passing through Twin Falls, so I'm hoping for some scenic ride suggestions.
Highway 75 north of Galena looks pretty good, but map routing is always hit and miss.   
Curves and twisties are great, but scenic stuff is great too, she's not as enthusiastic about riding as I am so scenic is entertaining.   

Online 1KPerDay

• Ride to eat, eat to ride
  • Motorcycles: XR1200, GL1800A, R90/6
Re: Sun Valley Idaho riding suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 09:17:29 PM »
Anywhere near the sawtooth mountains, the Salmon area, or Tin Cup are all awesome.
My hovercraft is full of eels

Online melville

• Motorcycles: R75/6, Yamaha 850 (very) Special
Re: Sun Valley Idaho riding suggestions
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 11:05:42 PM »
Hard to go wrong there.  Hwy 75 is awesome, especially over Galena Summit.

My time there was passing through--I'd like to go back sometime to stop and check things out more thoroughly.

Pic is from near the top of Galena Summit.  Headwaters of the Salmon River:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Call me Mel. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me at home, I thought I would ride about a little and see the other parts of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation.