Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LED Replacement for Parking Light - K1200RS  (Read 419 times)

Offline RBEmerson

• Motorcycles: "Habu", black '17 Yamaha FJR 1300ES, '03 BMW K1200RS (RIP)
LED Replacement for Parking Light - K1200RS
« on: April 09, 2017, 07:40:29 PM »
The small bulb sitting in the headlight housing (for parking???) always looked like a bulb waiting to burn out just about the one time it's needed. Somewhere I read about an LED replacement found at Advanced Pep O'Reilly Zone Whatever. The replacement is a Sylvania Zevo 194 lamp. This rascal is bright(!). The really good news is the bulb's diameter is small enough to pass through the hole in the headlight housing. I tried an LED from SuperbrightLEDs.com - it was too large. This bulb went in like it'd lived there its whole life. Big tip: turn the ignition (and headlight) on before installing the bulb in the housing. If it doesn't light up, turn it 180 deg. to get the right polarity. Also, this can be done without removing any tupperware.
Are you part of the solution or part of the precipitate?

Online Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
Re: LED Replacement for Parking Light - K1200RS
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 10:31:34 PM »
I believe superbrightleds.com has 194 lamps in several sizes, colors and non polarity sensitive. As a bonus a lifetime warranty and darn bright for sure  :thumbsup:
Ya just have to read the specs before ordering. Yes I too have ordered the wrong size before, was just being lazy.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/instrument-cluster-gauge/194-led-bulb-5-smd-led-tower-miniature-wedge-retrofit-car/206/#/tab/Specifications
Till the morning comes, it'll do you fine.
Till the morning comes, like a highway sign,
Showing you the way, leaving no doubt,
Of the way on in or the way back out.

Offline RBEmerson

• Motorcycles: "Habu", black '17 Yamaha FJR 1300ES, '03 BMW K1200RS (RIP)
Re: LED Replacement for Parking Light - K1200RS
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 08:43:24 AM »
Meh... FLAPS had it, it fits, it works, it almost outshines the HID.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Are you part of the solution or part of the precipitate?