Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: security cameras  (Read 1612 times)

Online chornbe

• Contributor
  • Burdened with glorious purpose.
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: The one I'm borrowing
Re: security cameras
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 09:45:00 AM »

I bought an 8 camera system from B&H Photo. It's made by SWANN. The cheap cameras are the weak link. I've replaced most of them under warranty. The DVR is fine but I should have bought a set with a higher quality camera.
I have wired cams both indoors and out. The picture quality is decent and is viewable remotely with an app as well as through a small inexpensive dedicated monitor.

This is the exact thing I've been hearing from pretty much every "affordable" system I've researched. The minute people talk about them being good, night and day, etc, the price basically quadruples, and puts them right out of my budget :(
this signature on hold pending review

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 02:48:57 PM »
These days I wouldn't go anything short of 4K video if you actually think you may ever need to use the footage.  The ability to zoom in to the still frame and read a license plate or have a clear picture of a face could be worth the price of admission.

Online chornbe

• Contributor
  • Burdened with glorious purpose.
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: The one I'm borrowing
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 10:07:03 AM »
These days I wouldn't go anything short of 4K video if you actually think you may ever need to use the footage.  The ability to zoom in to the still frame and read a license plate or have a clear picture of a face could be worth the price of admission.

+1
this signature on hold pending review