Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: you think your life is bad  (Read 11081 times)

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
you think your life is bad
« on: December 20, 2013, 09:05:45 AM »
Last night on the way to town I see a body in the ditch. It's been snowing most of the day is 5 deg. the woman is dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt, no shoes. I stop and she gets in my truck.

"thanks for stopping I would have froze to death"
" no problem, where do you need to go?"
"I'll show you"

I drive around N. Rapid for 20 minutes before we find her aunties house and I drop her off. In the mean time she tells me her boyfriend got mad at her and broke her phone and kicked her out of the car.  Who lives like this???

On a positive note after we dropped her off my daughter says "Wow dad, I think I finally met someone who is crazier than mom (my ex)" ;D
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Offline bomber

• Rough, grooved surface
  • Motorcycles: some
Re: you think your life is bad
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 09:14:52 AM »
Well done, Black . . . . .

I see daily reminders of my luck . . . . but I can always use another reminder -- thanks!
We had two bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Offline Mr. Whippy

• 2012 Triumph Tiger 800
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 10:24:35 AM »
BH,

You just made 2 deposits to your karma bank.  You helped someone out, and you showed your daughter what it means to help someone out.   :clap:

Offline R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 10:42:39 AM »
Who lives like this???

Have you met Chris? 

Seriously, good for you for stopping and helping out.   :bigok:
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Offline Justin

• Hi, I'm Phteven
  • Motorcycles: 2008 Hayabusa - 2004 FJR
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 10:56:54 AM »
you think your life is bad

Nope. I'm lucky as hell, and my life is great. The worst things that happen to me would be considered "petty inconveniences" to those that truly have it bad.

Nice job helping someone out  :thumbsup:
FAST: 2004 "Silver Bullet" FJR1300 - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Led Rider LED Motorcycle Aux Lights - Use discount code "STO15"

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 11:03:52 AM »
Who lives like this???

Have you met Chris? 

Seriously, good for you for stopping and helping out.   :bigok:

:lol:
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

― Frank Zappa

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 01:21:37 PM »
The last time I picked up a woman in distress like that, she asked me if I wanted a "date".
 :redface:
Good on ya for helping her out anyway.
"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison

”And the music was good, and the music was loud, and the singer he turned and he said to the crowd, LET THERE BE ROCK!”
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 01:29:26 PM »
and +1 rep to you.
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Offline Max Wedge

• Contributor
  • Engineering Pathologist
  • Motorcycles: '10 R1200GS
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 01:37:42 PM »
and +1 rep to you.

..wait.....there's rep?
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists' office.
Where am I?

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 01:41:40 PM »
and +1 rep to you.

..wait.....there's rep?

you have to keep count in your head.
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Offline Max Wedge

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 01:54:31 PM »
Where am I?

Online Black Hills

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 01:59:16 PM »
The last time I picked up a woman in distress like that, she asked me if I wanted a "date".
 :redface:
Good on ya for helping her out anyway.

definitely not "date" material ;)
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.

Offline motormike

• Motorcycles: 2007 VFR800 ABS, 2001 VFR800
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 02:31:33 PM »
I'm assuming her jacket and shoes were in the car before her boyfriend booted her out of the car.

Was she just in the ditch waiting to die?   :headscratch:

Online Black Hills

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 02:35:29 PM »
I'm assuming her jacket and shoes were in the car before her boyfriend booted her out of the car.

Was she just in the ditch waiting to die?   :headscratch:

I guess?   natives and alcohol don't mix well. ;)

Offline JonS

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2007 Tuono, 2014 Triumph Street Triple R
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 06:05:54 AM »
Your help made her a very lucky woman. Too bad she will probably still keep the loser bf.
Excellent job on your park! :thumbsup:
You can't avoid aging, but you don't have to get old.

Offline Formerly Known as Bigfoot

• Motorcycles: 04 Yamaha RSV
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 04:17:15 AM »
Who lives like this? 

You'd be surprised.  I got so tired of seeing women assaulted by their boyfriend or husband then show up arm in arm in court wanting all charges dismissed.  I understand the reasons behind it at times (economics) but it still pissed me off on a regular basis. 
If Stupid Could Fly you'd be a Jet.

Online garry

• Bleeds Orange...
    • MotoRoads
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 07:01:56 AM »
I guess?   natives and alcohol don't mix well. ;)

Last winter, a buddy and I were at our ski club's annual festival. It was really cold and puking snow and the roads were bad (but the skiing was good). I was staying with friends on the mountain but he had to drive the 1.5 hours home to take care of his pets. It's about 8pm at this point and he's driving down the road from the ski area and comes upon a SUV on its side in a corn field. There's a woman inside that appears OK (and more than a bit drunk) so they help her out of the car...

She's not wearing a coat.  She's not wearing shoes. And to top it all off, she's not wearing pants either. Her dog escapes and runs off, so my buddy tries to find the dog while another guy puts the woman in his car to stay warm. Who goes out on a night like that, on a snowy mountain road, with no coat, shoes, or pants? I can only figure there was a domestic issue of some sort (banging someone's husband and the wife came home maybe?).
2009 KTM 570 EXC
2017 KTM Super Duke GT

Offline FJR1300

• Administrator
  • Motorcycles: None
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 10:37:17 AM »
Who lives like this? 

You'd be surprised.  I got so tired of seeing women assaulted by their boyfriend or husband then show up arm in arm in court wanting all charges dismissed.  I understand the reasons behind it at times (economics) but it still pissed me off on a regular basis.

She probably called him from her aunt's house and they're back together this morning.

Offline Justin

• Hi, I'm Phteven
  • Motorcycles: 2008 Hayabusa - 2004 FJR
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 11:27:52 AM »
Who lives like this? 

She probably called him from her aunt's house and they're back together this morning.

Man, isn't that the sad truth. :(
FAST: 2004 "Silver Bullet" FJR1300 - FASTER: 2008 Touring/Endurance Hayabusa
Led Rider LED Motorcycle Aux Lights - Use discount code "STO15"

Offline satxbonneville

• Bailiff, whack his peepee!
  • Motorcycles: '04 Bonneville T100, '03 V-Strom 1000, '06 Ninja 500
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 12:51:39 PM »
Who lives like this? 

It defies understanding, that's for certain. One of the ladies at work had a boyfriend that liked to beat on her but she would not leave. Fortunately, this sad sack piece of shit decided that his life sucked enough and offed himself with liquor and pills. I hope she stays away from similar shitbags in the future.

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 12:59:11 PM »
Who lives like this? 

It defies understanding, that's for certain. One of the ladies at work had a boyfriend that liked to beat on her but she would not leave. Fortunately, this sad sack piece of shit decided that his life sucked enough and offed himself with liquor and pills. I hope she stays away from similar shitbags in the future.

Unlikely unless she, herself, finds a reason to be better. she probably has a shitty self image and thinks she doesn't deserve any better. :(
this signature on hold pending review

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2013, 05:18:59 AM »
Who lives like this? 

Unlikely unless she, herself, finds a reason to be better. she probably has a shitty self image and thinks she doesn't deserve any better. :(
Sometimes this is true and sometimes he makes all the money and is her only means of support. 

Offline satxbonneville

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 08:11:35 AM »
Who lives like this? 

Sometimes this is true and sometimes he makes all the money and is her only means of support.

I think that the self-image thing is probably one of the reasons because she has sufficient means, so much so, that the shitbag died owing her about $15K in monies that she had "loaned" to him to keep his sorry ass in the house that he owned, pay for lawyers to help him fight his ex-wife for custody of his special needs child and other amounts to keep his sorry ass out of jail for one reason or another. I spoke with her from time to time about her problems with the guy and, holy shit, it was just a litany of abuse visited on her by this guy. I refuse to call him a man because he was not anything close to being a man.

I'm glad she's free of this shithead but she's now stuck in a battle of competing wills with the guy's family who showed up the day he did the deed - body still on the kitchen floor where her 18 year old son found him - and started walking through the house making a list of things that they were planning to take. I mean, WTF...your son is dead on the floor and the first thing to do is plan out the shit you're gonna get from the house? I think I see the root of the problem here...

I haven't talked to her for about a month so I don't know the latest. It seemed to me that she kinda liked the drama, as if it gave her a sense of purpose. Weird.

Online Black Hills

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 08:17:24 AM »

I haven't talked to her for about a month so I don't know the latest. It seemed to me that she kinda liked the drama, as if it gave her a sense of purpose. Weird.

I think this is the problem with a lot of people. Not to stray too far, but this goes along with people wanting/needing to "be" something. So they dress up in their little costumes every day so the worl knows they are a biker, hunter, cyclists, runner, intellectual, etc. nobody is just themselves anymore?  the world is a strange place....

Offline chornbe

• Contributor
    • The Pace Motorcycle Podcast
  • Motorcycles: Honda DN-01
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2013, 08:53:04 AM »

Oh, believe me... those people exist. I was married to one.
this signature on hold pending review

Offline FJR1300

• Administrator
  • Motorcycles: None
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2013, 02:44:33 PM »

Oh, believe me... those people exist. I was married to one.

Really? You are kidding... right?

Offline satxbonneville

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 07:49:04 AM »

I think this is the problem with a lot of people. Not to stray too far, but this goes along with people wanting/needing to "be" something. So they dress up in their little costumes every day so the world knows they are a biker, hunter, cyclists, runner, intellectual, etc. nobody is just themselves anymore?  the world is a strange place....

I play a middle-aged IT hippie, motorcyclist, music junkie, stereo aficionado, German car lover, BBQ snob, semi-educated, libertarian smartass. I'm method so I am always in character.  :bigsmile:

Obviously, it's more complex than a flippant aside, but the group identity/belonging is so deeply embedded in homo sapiens that it may as well be part of the double helix.

The world is an entirely rational place, it's the people who live on this world that, good, bad and indifferent, make it strange.  :beerchug:

Online Black Hills

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2013, 07:57:52 AM »

The world is an entirely rational place, it's the people who live on this world that, good, bad and indifferent, make it strange.  :beerchug:

true...

Offline cultureslayer

• Motorcycles: 1989 ninja 250
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2013, 11:53:25 AM »
My mother feels the need to make horrible choices that end in lots of drama (and usually medical bills) to somehow justify her not working (she claims she's disabled, then spends a ton of time volunteering at church). I'm so glad they moved away and I don't have to see them anymore.
Lauren

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2013, 06:28:50 AM »
My mother feels the need to make horrible choices that end in lots of drama (and usually medical bills) to somehow justify her not working (she claims she's disabled, then spends a ton of time volunteering at church). I'm so glad they moved away and I don't have to see them anymore.

Sorry to hear that.  Trying to talk to women in these situations usually fall on deaf ears.  One of the worst fights I was ever in in LE was with a guy who was a boxer in the Navy.  Three of us fought him and this was before Tazers, OC and other fun stuff.  He threatened her and her kid and refused to leave her home.  We fought him and finally subdued him.  She actually hugged me and said she would never let this monster back in her home.  Guess who showed in court arm in arm.  She actually mouthed the word "Sorry" to me when she saw me look at her with my mouth wide open. 

Offline cultureslayer

« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2013, 08:55:58 AM »
Sorry to hear that.  Trying to talk to women in these situations usually fall on deaf ears.  One of the worst fights I was ever in in LE was with a guy who was a boxer in the Navy.  Three of us fought him and this was before Tazers, OC and other fun stuff.  He threatened her and her kid and refused to leave her home.  We fought him and finally subdued him.  She actually hugged me and said she would never let this monster back in her home.  Guess who showed in court arm in arm.  She actually mouthed the word "Sorry" to me when she saw me look at her with my mouth wide open.
Women are crazy.  At least my mom doesn't make that kind of bad choices, just going to shitty doctors and then wondering why she doesn't get better.  Then she spends all her time bitching about how poor they are, when I know how much my father makes and it should go a lot farther than they are claiming it does.  I've quit actually spending time looking into the best doctors in her area, because I've learned she'll never go to the one I suggest even when she asks me for suggestions (except for one that she went to only because he was the closest after they moved).  Like I said, I'm glad they are out of my life except for occasionally calling me.  They might leave me alone completely after I tell them I got married 4 years ago and never told them.  ;D
Lauren

Online Flyer

• Motorcycles: Ducati MTS1200ST. Cycles: Masi 3V/C.Record, Colnago C50/C.Record, Kona J.T.S./105.,Kona NuNu
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2013, 10:46:46 AM »
I seem to have a natural rapport with manic women that served me well at incidents.
But I'm glad those days are behind me.
Women are crazy.

Batshit crazy.
But my wife says men make 'em that way (or I make her that way...).

"We have constructed pyramids, in honour of our escaping." - Jim Morrison

”And the music was good, and the music was loud, and the singer he turned and he said to the crowd, LET THERE BE ROCK!”

Offline Max Wedge

• Contributor
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2013, 12:57:45 PM »
I got married 4 years ago and never told them.  ;D

I don't remember you telling us, either.   :blbl:
Where am I?

Offline cultureslayer

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2013, 03:33:38 PM »
I got married 4 years ago and never told them.  ;D

I don't remember you telling us, either.   :blbl:
It's not something that's important to me, but will matter more to the religious crazies.  :P
Lauren

Offline CLAY

• Super Moderator
  • Help me Mr. Wizard!!!
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2013, 05:12:07 PM »
It seemed to me that she kinda liked the drama, as if it gave her a sense of purpose. Weird.

I have a buddy acquaintance like that.  He is always at war with someone- sometimes with an attorney, sometimes on his own.  He owns his own business and is beginning to struggle as his reputation spreads and contractors don't want to deal with him.  We used to be pretty close, but I have been widening that gap over the last several years.  I don't need to have that kind of person in my life.  It's too short.
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho
Let's do some science.

Online coho

• Contributor
  • Probably not wearing pants.
  • Motorcycles: R1100RT (Gentleman's Express) - StFU200 (The Dumbbike) - Guzzi V7II (Tiny Musclecar)
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2013, 10:17:33 PM »
It seemed to me that she kinda liked the drama, as if it gave her a sense of purpose. Weird.

I have a buddy acquaintance like that.  He is always at war with someone- sometimes with an attorney, sometimes on his own.  He owns his own business and is beginning to struggle as his reputation spreads and contractors don't want to deal with him.  We used to be pretty close, but I have been widening that gap over the last several years.  I don't need to have that kind of person in my life.  It's too short.

I had a boss like that years ago.
Seems like some people are only happy when they're mad about something.
If it weren't for the therapeutic properties of the occasional off-camber decreasing radius downhill right-hander I'd almost certainly go completely sane.

"I like the beverages."  -CLAY

Offline Veefer800canuck

• Nicky Hayden stole my childhood.
  • Motorcycles: 1999 Honda GL800RR-SP2
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2013, 01:16:46 AM »
Rob McKinnon

My visited states map: