Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Soda Stream? What says the collective.  (Read 2472 times)

Online CLAY

• How did I become a moderator?
  • Motorcycles: '03 Bandit 1200S, '97 XR650L, '79 XS650 Tracker, '75 XS650 Standard
Re: Soda Stream? What says the collective.
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2017, 06:33:30 PM »
Have you checked the delivery pressure from a real Soda Stream? Or is that an adapter to put the tank into a Soda Stream? I've never seen it done, but I know of at least one person who has one set up.

In general, I'd be very nervous about getting the pressure above the machine's delivery pressure.

As I'm pretty sure I posted, IMHO Soda Stream flavors are a waste of time. At least I've never had one I'd go back to.  :thumbsdown:

That setup will allow you to carbonate any pop bottle.  It's simply an adapter with a CO2 tank.   I bought an adapter and did some carbonating just for fun.  It's pretty much exactly what soda stream does but without proprietary bottle and such.
"Most accidents happen when the meek meet the douchebags."  -Viffergyrl
"The wider the road, the worse the food." -Coho

Offline HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), VStar 950, Ninja 650
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2017, 12:50:58 PM »
That setup will allow you to carbonate any pop bottle.  It's simply an adapter , a pressure regulator and a CO2 tank.   I bought an adapter and did some carbonating just for fun.  It's pretty much exactly what soda stream does but without proprietary bottle and such.
FIFY
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Offline HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), VStar 950, Ninja 650
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2017, 01:07:22 PM »
I'm getting close to making my own system.  I found a CO2 tank on OfferUp (an app based version of CraigsList), but the seller hasn't replied yet...

Doing more searching / reading; I found a post on using water filter housing(s) for carbonating the water.  I really like this idea.  They are relatively cheap yet are: wide mouth, made to hold pressure, have a screw on cap with input and output fittings and a pressure release valve.
The screw-on wide mouth means you can put ice cubes in it.
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Online Cookie

• Contributor
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2017, 01:19:39 PM »
I'm getting close to making my own system.  I found a CO2 tank on OfferUp (an app based version of CraigsList), but the seller hasn't replied yet...

Doing more searching / reading; I found a post on using water filter housing(s) for carbonating the water.  I really like this idea.  They are relatively cheap yet are: wide mouth, made to hold pressure, have a screw on cap with input and output fittings and a pressure release valve.
The screw-on wide mouth means you can put ice cubes in it.

All my research led me to Airgas for the tank. It's hydro tested and food grade. The first fill with the tank was around $75.00, got the regulator and other bits from Amazon.
I bought 4 1 gallon jugs of water from the local grocery that I will be refilling from a local spring.

Just be sure the water is very cold for the process to work correctly.
Stripes' posts here ↓↓↓↓

Offline Bounce

• Contributor
    • FJR-Tips
  • Motorcycles: Yes
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2017, 08:26:46 PM »
Check the dates on any used CO2 tanks. They have to be re-certified every 5(?) years. Not something to put off given the pressures involved.