Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Street Triple; 750-800 pics  (Read 3065 times)

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
  • Motorcycles: F800ST(low), Ninja 650(R) ... Indian Scout (RIP)
New Street Triple; 750-800 pics
« on: July 14, 2016, 02:25:05 PM »
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/triumph-street-triple-765-spotted-testing-1395804
http://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/street-triple-800-spied

The extra displacement will be a courtesy of a slightly wider bore and the longer stroke. Also, this will help the motorcycle to conform to the Euro 4 emission norms and yet retain a sporty, aggressive character that made it so endearing to motorcycle enthusiasts around the world.

Due to a customer survey, Triumph will be looking at(??) having four models of the Street Triple which includes;
a 110bhp base model with Kayaba suspension;
a 115bhp 'R' version with adjustable Showa suspension units and Nissin brakes;
a 125bhp touring model named 'RT', which will have a half-fairing
and the last one will be the 'RS' model that will churn out 125bhp and feature Ohlins suspension and Brembo brakes

The RT is checking ALL the boxes on my Santa List.  I've read somewhere that a full fairing 'kit' will be available too.
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Offline Rincewind

• Motorcycles: DL650A
Re: New Street Triple; 750-800 pics
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 07:07:49 PM »
The RT concept as half-faired bike reminds me of the old 955 Sprint RS model.  It will be interesting to see.  As a former Tiger 800 owner, I'm glad to hear they aren't using the same engine.  Hopefully it will have the zing of the 675 Street Triple.

The article makes it sound like this is replacing the 675 model, in which case I wonder if the Daytona will remain in the lineup.

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 07:35:14 AM »
I'm miffed that these weren't announced at eicma...
Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long stretch of gray cement. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live. - Anna Quindlen

Offline oilhed

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2009 K1200LT (trunkless)
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 08:10:41 AM »
The RT concept as half-faired bike reminds me of the old 955 Sprint RS model.  It will be interesting to see.  As a former Tiger 800 owner, I'm glad to hear they aren't using the same engine.  Hopefully it will have the zing of the 675 Street Triple.

The article makes it sound like this is replacing the 675 model, in which case I wonder if the Daytona will remain in the lineup.

I loved that bike.  The last year with the s.s.swingarm looked sweet! 
MarkF
aka OILHED
Central CT

Offline garry

• Bleeds Orange...
    • MotoRoads
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 12:30:38 PM »
I could see myself riding a sporty Street Triple. I'm liking the RS with Ohlins and Brembos. Not sure the wife would approve of three bikes in the garage though. Maybe the 530 could live in the shed.
2009 KTM 570 EXC
2017 KTM Super Duke GT

Offline expatbrit

• Big Lad At the Back
    • ExpatBrit
  • Motorcycles: KTM RC8R, MTS1200S, WR250X, Daytona 675
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 05:35:19 PM »
I could see myself riding a sporty Street Triple. I'm liking the RS with Ohlins and Brembos. Not sure the wife would approve of three bikes in the garage though. Maybe the 530 could live in the shed.

... and yet they just announced the 675 for MY2017. Odd.

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bikes/roadsters-and-supersports/street/2017/street-triple-abs
https://www.expatbrit.org -- adventures in racing and cycling

Online Skee

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: 2019 Versys
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 05:09:45 PM »
Maybe I don't want a new bike "this" year after all.
"The mistake you cannot make is to judge the past through the eyes of the present.  Judge the past on its own terms."  
João Zilhão on the Assimilation Model of Human Origin

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore."   Vincent van Gogh

Offline Rincewind

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 09:31:31 AM »
January 10 - mark your calendar. 

https://youtu.be/AM5G-5VTql0

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 10:41:49 AM »

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 07:39:10 AM »
1900 GMT = 1 pm CST...  just sayin...

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know

Offline Rincewind

Online HipGnosis

• It's Hip, ya know
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 02:21:18 PM »
Also - http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/bikes/roadsters-and-supersports/street-triple/2017/street-triple

That wasn't there at 1:10 CST

Kinda sux that they 'dropped' the RT version  :mad:   That's the one I was most interested in.
I'll be actively looking at what accessories they offer (and their prices).
Not sure why you have to get the R to get the low 'ride height' version, but now that's the one I'm most interested in.

Offline garry

• Bleeds Orange...
    • MotoRoads
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 02:36:12 PM »
Oh. My. The Street Triple RS coupled with a Husqvarna 701 with a  rally raid kit would be a pretty bad ass combination to add to the 1190 (or some other sporty travel bike).
2009 KTM 570 EXC
2017 KTM Super Duke GT

Offline Rincewind

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 07:06:53 AM »
"U.S. pricing is expected to start at $9,900, and while availability wasn’t specified, according to a video on Triumph’s website, the bikes are set for an October launch, so it looks like we might have to wait a bit to get our hands on these new machines. In the meantime, we’ll be drooling over the Matt Silver Ice RS and saving up for speeding tickets."

http://ridermagazine.com/2017/01/10/2017-triumph-street-triple-s-r-and-rs-first-look/

It's strange that they are listing it as a 2017 model if it won't be available until fall. 

Too bad they didn't make the TFT display have integrated GPS and Bluetooth functions.  It's a nice looking display!