Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: F&cking spiders  (Read 2688 times)

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
  • Motorcycles: Versys 650 Adventure
F&cking spiders
« on: December 09, 2013, 06:25:36 PM »
Users Online

76 Guests, 100 Users (6 Spiders, 1 Hidden)
I don't know how to act my age, I have never been this old before.........
MR MOJO RISIN unscrambled spells JIM MORRISON

-

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
Re: F&cking spiders
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 06:31:05 PM »
Had to go look.

wat?
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

― Frank Zappa

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
  • Nothing beats good line of sight
  • Motorcycles: 1999 VFR
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 06:53:26 PM »
A spider is a program that visits Web sites and reads their pages and other information in order to create entries for a search engine index. The major search engines on the Web all have such a program, which is also known as a "crawler" or a "bot." Spiders are typically programmed to visit sites that have been submitted by their owners as new or updated. Entire sites or specific pages can be selectively visited and indexed. Spiders are called spiders because they usually visit many sites in parallel at the same time, their "legs" spanning a large area of the "web." Spiders can crawl through a site's pages in several ways. One way is to follow all the hypertext links in each page until all the pages have been read.

The spider for the AltaVista search engine and its Web site is called Scooter . Scooter adheres to the rules of politeness for Web spiders that are specified in the Standard for Robot Exclusion (SRE). It asks each server which files should be excluded from being indexed. It does not (or can not) go through firewall . And it uses a special algorithm for waiting between successive server requests so that it doesn't affect response time for other users.

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/spider

If we're trying to get the word out, I don't see the problem.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 07:00:26 PM »
A spider is a program that visits Web sites and reads their pages and other information in order to create entries for a search engine index. The major search engines on the Web all have such a program, which is also known as a "crawler" or a "bot." Spiders are typically programmed to visit sites that have been submitted by their owners as new or updated. Entire sites or specific pages can be selectively visited and indexed. Spiders are called spiders because they usually visit many sites in parallel at the same time, their "legs" spanning a large area of the "web." Spiders can crawl through a site's pages in several ways. One way is to follow all the hypertext links in each page until all the pages have been read.

The spider for the AltaVista search engine and its Web site is called Scooter . Scooter adheres to the rules of politeness for Web spiders that are specified in the Standard for Robot Exclusion (SRE). It asks each server which files should be excluded from being indexed. It does not (or can not) go through firewall . And it uses a special algorithm for waiting between successive server requests so that it doesn't affect response time for other users.

Nope, I posted because Bubbles hates spiders.

-

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
  • Nothing beats good line of sight
  • Motorcycles: 1999 VFR
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 07:07:45 PM »

Nope, I posted because Bubbles hates spiders.

Why?
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 07:11:10 PM »

Why?

I don't know. I will post this pic and he will show up and freak out.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

-

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 07:15:11 PM »
Pussy.
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

― Frank Zappa

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 08:24:48 PM »
Mine is named Boris.

Online Papa Lazarou

• Contributor
  • For further information, please re-read.
  • Motorcycles: Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE Diablo Rosso
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 03:54:36 AM »
Freezing worms makes them easier to sharpen
Putting the laughter back into manslaughter