Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It's been a BIG news weekend in my neighborhood.  (Read 6517 times)

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
It's been a BIG news weekend in my neighborhood.
« on: December 09, 2013, 05:26:55 PM »
Two minutes from my door.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

RUTLAND — A woman found dead Friday inside a burning house at 2 Joanna Drive has been identified by the district attorney's office as 53-year-old Diane Lamarche-Leader, the woman who lived at that home, and her death has been ruled a homicide.

http://www.necn.com/12/08/13/Body-identified-vehicle-found-in-Rutland/landing.html?blockID=859403&feedID=4753

http://www.telegram.com/article/20131208/NEWS/312089758/1116

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2013/12/man_held_on_25000_cash_bail_in.html

It's not all just sheep, bears and large breasted women in tie dye around here. No siree bob.
“Government is the Entertainment division of the military-industrial complex.”

― Frank Zappa

Offline Stripes

• I'm On A Boat!
  • Motorcycles: Triumph
Re: It's been a BIG news weekend in my neighborhood.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 05:28:32 PM »
Did you do it?
Hard work, pays off in the future. Laziness, pays off now.

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
  • Motorcycles: '16 MG Audace, '10 Ural T, '19 Ural Gear Up and from out of nowhere, the surprise '06 KLR 650!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 05:33:51 PM »
Did you do it?

Nope. I was at work. A coworker who is also an area firefighter came up to me and asked what street I lived on in case it was my street or house. They didn't announce the discovery of the woman's body till later that day.

― Frank Zappa

Offline Royal Tiger

• Deutsche Rüstungs-Abteilung
  • Motorcycles: See Signature
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »
Nice Incident Command truck.  With the taxes you guys pay in Assachusetts, I'm surprised they didn't land a helicopter or two.
~Dan

2013 Yamaha XT250 * 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 * 2007 BMW G650X XChallenge * 2005 BMW R1200ST * 2003 Yamaha PW80

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
  • Motorcycles: Versys 650 Adventure
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 05:42:39 PM »
So the crazy homeless man did it?
I don't know how to act my age, I have never been this old before.........
MR MOJO RISIN unscrambled spells JIM MORRISON

-

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 05:45:45 PM »

So far he only stole a car.

― Frank Zappa

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 05:55:57 PM »

We had a run in with a crazy homeless dude in front of Albertsons the other night. I thought we might make the news.  :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

-

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »

We had a run in with a crazy homeless dude in front of Albertsons the other night. I thought we might make the news.  :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Did he look like this? ------>> visitors can't see pics , please register or login

― Frank Zappa

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 06:15:04 PM »

Did he look like this? ------>> visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A little more scruffy.  8)

-

Offline kneescrubber

• Contributor
  • Nothing beats good line of sight
  • Motorcycles: 1999 VFR
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 06:57:17 PM »

A little more scruffy.  8)

I swear I was at work.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Where is Assachusetts anyway?
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
  • Motorcycles: 04 FJR, 06 Speed triple, 88 EX500, 05 YZ250, 91 KX500
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 07:04:54 PM »

Was it a prius and is his name Scott?
At the risk of encouraging him, I agree with Cookie.   "Bomber"

Every day is my birthday

Offline Cookie

• Super Moderator
  • Tacos are life.
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 04:42:48 AM »

― Frank Zappa

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 11:41:12 AM »
Lengthy criminal record and substance abuse, IE repeat offender.  :mad:

-

Offline motormike

• Motorcycles: 2007 VFR800 ABS, 2001 VFR800
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 12:08:51 PM »

Online Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
  • Motorcycles: yes
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 12:50:24 PM »
At risk of seeming hard hearted...

...Mr. Roman has a history of violence and substance abuse problems. He had been staying with the homicide victim, Diane Lamarche-Leader, 53, at the Joanna Drive home, Mr. Travers said, adding that Ms. Lamarche-Leader was a nurse who "provided assistance to people who had substance abuse problems."

I find it difficult to be a helping hand to people sometimes for this exact reason. Because news reports frequently say (paraphrasing of course) "Good Samaritan attempts to help fucked up people get their lives together and has own life ruined or ended. Video of the horrific crime scene at 11".  Over and over, I see that folks who try to help animals get bitten. Not necessarily to this extent, but there sure seems to be a bundle of people willing to take advantage of any hand up to screw those who have tried to help.

LT
Great googly-moogly!

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 01:12:27 PM »

...Mr. Roman has a history of violence and substance abuse problems. He had been staying with the homicide victim, Diane Lamarche-Leader, 53, at the Joanna Drive home, Mr. Travers said, adding that Ms. Lamarche-Leader was a nurse who "provided assistance to people who had substance abuse problems."

I find it difficult to be a helping hand to people sometimes for this exact reason. Because news reports frequently say (paraphrasing of course) "Good Samaritan attempts to help fucked up people get their lives together and has own life ruined or ended. Video of the horrific crime scene at 11".  Over and over, I see that folks who try to help animals get bitten. Not necessarily to this extent, but there sure seems to be a bundle of people willing to take advantage of any hand up to screw those who have tried to help.

LT

I wanted to go there to but didn't want to sound like being a heartless bastard.

Like LT said i hear this same thing all to many times.

Every day is my birthday

Offline giaka

• Contributor
  • I am member # 12
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 01:27:47 PM »
"Good Samaritan attempts to help fucked up people get their lives together and has own life ruined or ended. Video of the horrific crime scene at 11".

You Can Never Trust a Drug Addict.

-

Offline Mr. Whippy

• 2012 Triumph Tiger 800
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 01:51:22 PM »
My Dad was a baker.  He came from the streets of Seattle as the son of an illegal immigrant.  He felt like he should pay back to society that allowed him to build a small business so he enrolled in a state program (in the late 60's and early 70's) that was intended to help the down and out learn a trade and move up economically.  He would take on a baker's apprentice, and work towards teaching them how to be a baker.  For the first several months, things were fine.

Once the wolf wasn't scratching at their door, all of a sudden, they'd start calling in sick.   After a few weeks of this, they'd disappear for a week at a time.  It was inevitable that they'd quit a short time later.

I watched it over and over again

Flash forward:  There was a formerly board certified pathologist working as a bus boy at a local restaurant.  Some in my group thought that all he needed was a helping hand, so he was brought on as a pathologist's assistant.  It lasted a couple months.

IN GENERAL, when people fall that far down the economic ladder, there is some underlying pathology that led to it.  It ain't just bad luck.

Offline Royal Tiger

• Deutsche Rüstungs-Abteilung
  • Motorcycles: See Signature
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 01:59:47 PM »

LT

I wanted to go there to but didn't want to sound like being a heartless bastard.

Like LT said i hear this same thing all to many times.

I am cold hearted so I'm ok with it.  While most people have some good in them, there are some that just can't be saved.  Just like animals, some need to be put down if they get to far gone.  Just the other week I had a 7 year old tell his teacher he was going to rape her and slice her throat.  We can't arrest anyone under 10 in Pennsylvania.  Even for murder.  Granted he probably learned this at what ever passes for "home", but unless someone does something this kid will never contribute to society. 
~Dan

2013 Yamaha XT250 * 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250 * 2007 BMW G650X XChallenge * 2005 BMW R1200ST * 2003 Yamaha PW80

Offline R Doug

• Contributor
  • Where there is Danger, there is Doug
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 02:04:53 PM »
IN GENERAL, when people fall that far down the economic ladder, there is some underlying pathology that led to it.  It ain't just bad luck.

There is some truth to that.  I used to volunteer time with a homeless outreach program.  There were some who clearly had a run of bad luck and needed a net to catch them and a give them a lift to get going again. 

But, a lot of those folks seemed to have experienced something which changed them mentally and didn’t really wanted help, they had given up on life.  I found that the more time you could spend time with them and show them you cared about them, they would start showing signs of recovery. 

The big problem comes when they’re away from that support system for a certain duration of time.  They’d fall back into whatever rut (i.e. vice). 

As a human, my heart says that you’re not going to help anyone if you don’t try.  But golly gee almighty, it’s tough!  It takes patience.  It also takes leadership and holding people accountable and responsible.  As noted, it’s a lot like a wounded animal.  It’s in their nature to bite you.
Only motorcycle riders know why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

Offline mxvet57

• Contributor
  • Loud horns save lives
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 02:28:34 PM »

There is some truth to that.  I used to volunteer time with a homeless outreach program.  There were some who clearly had a run of bad luck and needed a net to catch them and a give them a lift to get going again. 

But, a lot of those folks seemed to have experienced something which changed them mentally and didn’t really wanted help, they had given up on life.  I found that the more time you could spend time with them and show them you cared about them, they would start showing signs of recovery. 

The big problem comes when they’re away from that support system for a certain duration of time.  They’d fall back into whatever rut (i.e. vice). 

As a human, my heart says that you’re not going to help anyone if you don’t try.  But golly gee almighty, it’s tough!  It takes patience.  It also takes leadership and holding people accountable and responsible.  As noted, it’s a lot like a wounded animal.  It’s in their nature to bite you.

You can give all the support to that person that you can but in the end the only one that can turn his life around is himself.

Every day is my birthday

Online Black Hills

• Motorcycles: KTM 1290 Adventure R, KTM300xcw, 1290 SuperDuke
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 02:29:27 PM »
I'm somewhat of a sucker for panhandlers, specially in larger cities. If they seem polite and appear to "just need a little help" I will talk to them for a while. almost every time they are where they are because that is where they want to be.. can't help people like that..
the above are merely the ramblings of a hamfisted fuckwit who has broken too many helmets.