Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Denver: Steele's Motorcycles - boneyard & used  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Jim

• Contributor
Denver: Steele's Motorcycles - boneyard & used
« on: January 30, 2016, 08:18:23 PM »
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Offline Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
  • Motorcycles: yes
Re: Denver: Steele's Motorcycles - boneyard & used
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 08:16:09 AM »
Take a gun. I've been to Steele's for parts and such in the past, and never felt particularly secure without a piece on me. They sell a lot of low dollar bikes, but from the inventory I've seen it's because they get them cheap and put no work in them before sale. Parts department and boneyard dept wasn't much to shout about, but they did have miscellaneous bits for my wifes Bandit, so there is that. Been in business for quite a few years if that's any indication.
LT
Great googly-moogly!

Offline Scratch

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 09:59:45 AM »
Take a gun. I've been to Steele's for parts and such in the past, and never felt particularly secure without a piece on me. They sell a lot of low dollar bikes, but from the inventory I've seen it's because they get them cheap and put no work in them before sale. Parts department and boneyard dept wasn't much to shout about, but they did have miscellaneous bits for my wifes Bandit, so there is that. Been in business for quite a few years if that's any indication.
LT

Is it the neighborhood, the staff, clientele, or what?

Offline Jim

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 10:13:31 AM »
LT can elaborate, but for me the neighborhood was a mix of industrial / small industrial.

Curiously, there was a sign on the south side of the street, one driveway west, that said "Guns for sale". It seemed a temporary sign but the guy I went to said it's a business. Why they wouldn't put up more than a sandwich board makes one wonder about the biz.

I posted the thread as stumbling across a MC boneyard isn't too common and it caught me off guard.
sodapop6620: You are never lost as long as you have gas.  Mrs. DantesDame: Side roads lead to interesting discoveries

Offline Leanintree

• Yay Motorcycles!
  • Motorcycles: yes
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 10:24:21 AM »
LT

Is it the neighborhood, the staff, clientele, or what?

Partially neighborhood. It's very industrial, and I don't hang about down there towards the end of day (Oh god, didn't THAT sound elitist?).  Staff wasn't terribly service oriented from my experiences. A lot of it was the bikes I saw for sale. I understand that a used bike dealer operates on margin, and maybe it was later in the season, but they had mostly beat up examples. Not necessarily bad buys if you were capable and willing to do some work to refresh and inspect, but I saw a number of bikes that should have had work before being put up for sale and hadn't. From a private seller, I expect that. Not from a retail establishment. That lack of detail seemed to be reflected in some of their prices though, so YMMV.
LT
Great googly-moogly!