Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Zumo-iPhone-Pandora together question  (Read 3030 times)

Offline Max Wedge

• Contributor
  • Engineering Pathologist
  • Motorcycles: '10 R1200GS
Zumo-iPhone-Pandora together question
« on: December 04, 2013, 03:28:14 PM »
Is it possible to stream Pandora from an iphone to a Zumo 550 and then via the headphone outlet to earbuds tied into the Zumo cradle?
Is it possible to stream Pandora from an iphone to a Zumo 550 and then via Bluetooth to a Cardo or Sena headset?
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists' office.
Where am I?

Offline marc11

Re: Zumo-iPhone-Pandora together question
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 05:23:59 PM »
I could never get it to work. The zumo would only recognize it as a phone and not stream the music.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

2014 R1200RT
2002 XR400

Offline Andrew

• Contributor
  • Motorcycles: Got a Few
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 10:52:48 AM »
I could never get it to work. The zumo would only recognize it as a phone and not stream the music.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Same here, although using a Zump 665. I just rely on the XM for tunes & the phone for calling
Freedom without regulations that protect the general good is nothing less than anarchy by the rich.

"Riders might be worse than Kardashians for stupidity any more." Cornbe

Offline Rincewind

• Motorcycles: DL650A
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 09:14:06 AM »
I gave up and stopped using my Zumo for music (via onboard memory) or iPhone management (via bluetooth).  I gave up voice commands from my Zumo but I work fine with visual cues only.  My bluetooth just pairs to my phone anymore, which is good because I don't usually have my GPS mounted anyway. 

Offline Max Wedge

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 09:27:30 AM »
I gave up and stopped using my Zumo for music (via onboard memory) or iPhone management (via bluetooth).  I gave up voice commands from my Zumo but I work fine with visual cues only.  My bluetooth just pairs to my phone anymore, which is good because I don't usually have my GPS mounted anyway.

I couldn't do that. I like the audio cues from the GPS, I like being able to keep my eyes on the road and other drivers. Not a big deal in remote areas, but add traffic, dark, rain/snow, road condition, pedestrians, etc, and I like the verbal cues.
Where am I?

Offline Rincewind

• Motorcycles: DL650A
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 09:36:44 AM »

I couldn't do that. I like the audio cues from the GPS, I like being able to keep my eyes on the road and other drivers. Not a big deal in remote areas, but add traffic, dark, rain/snow, road condition, pedestrians, etc, and I like the verbal cues.

I have my Zumo mounted above the clocks, so looking at my "distance till turn" is no more involved than glancing at my speedometer.

Online Cablebandit

• Contributor
  • Pig Pilot
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheCablebandits
  • Motorcycles: A Blue One
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 10:01:35 AM »
Likewise.  I'm so used to using the GPS for a speedo that I get lost looking for the actual speedometer if I leave the GPS home for some reason. 

Offline Max Wedge

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 10:09:58 AM »

I have my Zumo mounted above the clocks, so looking at my "distance till turn" is no more involved than glancing at my speedometer.

I do also, but speedometer reading (arm points up=80mph) is easier that reading the text, at least for me, although it is better now that I have bifocals. It's a little thing, but I like the option.
Where am I?